Love and Loss (The Fun Gilber...

By Jbic02

Jessica Gilbert has finally graduated high school and has decided to attend the University of New Orleans wit... More

Cast
Prologue
Chapter 1- End Of Summer
Chapter 2- True Lies/House of the Rising Sun
Chapter 3- Tangled Up in Blue
Chapter 4- Girl In New Orleans
Chapter 5- Playing My Own Side
Chapter 6- Revenge
Chapter 7- Bloodletting
Chapter 8- The River in Reverse
Chapter 9- Ever The Savior
Chapter 11- Après Moi, Le Déluge
Chapter 12- Transitions and Choices
Chapter 13- Le Grand Guignol/ Farewell to Storyville
Chapter 14- The Devil Inside
Chapter 15-Guilt & Anger Make Bad Bedfellows
Chapter 16- An Unblinking Death
Chapter 17- A Closer Walk With Thee
Chapter 18- The Battle of New Orleans
Chapter 19- From a Cradle to a Grave
Cast Part 2
Chapter 20- I'll Remember/Rebirth
Chapter 21- Yellow Ledbetter/ Alive and Kicking
Chapter 22- Prison World Blues (Part 1)
Chapter 23-Prison World Blues (Part 2)
Chapter 24- Back From the Dead
Chapter 25- Why, Kai, Why?
Chapter 26- Merging
Chapter 27- Clifford the Big Red Door
Chapter 28- Links and Bonds
Chapter 29- Friends-giving
Chapter 30- Weddings and Hexes
Chapter 31- Long Lost Sisters
Chapter 32- Taking Chances
Chapter 33- Hateful Reunions
Chapter 34- Plots and Tricks
Chapter 35- Staying One Step Ahead
Chapter 36- Different Sides
Chapter 37- Friend or Foe?
Chapter 38- Everyone's Favorite Brother
Chapter 39- The Final Battle
Chapter 40- The Aftermath
Beacon Falls

Chapter 10- Runaway Witch

672 23 3
By Jbic02

Jessica's P.O.V.

I was enjoying a very peaceful sleep when it was interrupted by a call from Josh. "Ugh, please tell me that you are calling to ask about my road trip," I whine. "I don't want to deal with supernatural stuff today. Can't I just be a college student?"

He chuckles, but I can tell he doesn't really mean it. "Sorry Jessica, but it's Davina." That gets my attention and I'm immediately awake.

"What happened? Is she okay?" I demand.

"Marcel has been lying to me, Jessica," she says and I let out the breath I was holding, glad that she is okay.

"God, D. I thought you died or something, don't have someone else call me like that," I chastise, trying to control my racing heart.

"I'm sorry, Jess. I lost the phone you got me and I ran away from the compound."

"Why? I thought you hated the attic, I figured you would be more than happy to get out now that Anges was dead. Before Marcel decided to declare war I was going to ask if I could take you out to pick out decorations for your room," I tell her confused and I hear her sniffle.

"That's the thing, I didn't know that Agnes was dead until Vivianne told me yesterday. Marcel has been lying to me so that he could use me against the witches. I needed help getting out of town so I went to Cami and I freed her of Klaus' compulsion but I figured that if anyone was going to get me out of town unnoticed, it would be you."

"Okay," I sigh. "What's Cami's address?" She tells me and I get up and hurry out. I arrive around 20 minutes later and walk right in, hugging Davina as soon as I see her. "I'm sorry, D, I knew that he lost himself in his quest for power but I never thought it would extend to you." She smiles and nods with unshed tears in her eyes as I turn to Cami. "And I'm sorry that Nik was compelling you, I told him and Marcel to leave you out of all this, Niklaus just doesn't like orders."

"It's okay," she promises before looking at me nervously. "He told me that you knew Sean, well indirectly. He said he cared for someone who knew him and said your name but then he was confessing his love for you to me and I put the pieces together."

"Yeah, he tends to do that."

"What?"

"Confess his love for me whenever he gets the chance. He tends to screw everything up first before he makes it to that point."

"What did he do?" She asks as though she doesn't really want the answer.

"Cheated on her and got another girl pregnant," Davina reveals and I grin at her.

"So you do listen when I talk."

"I can also tell when there's a change in you so I'm guessing that you gave into Klaus."

I smirk. "Not fully, much to his dismay." She giggles while Josh looks confused before clearing his throat and bringing my attention back. "Right, we need to get you out of the city. Well according to my spies on the inside, they've noticed your absence and are looking for you. Vivianne did a spell to prevent locator spells from working and Meredith is serving to distract Elijah from the problem. Rebekah will want to join your side-"

"Why?" She cuts me off and I smile.

"Because after Klaus claimed the city, he welcomed Marcel into his ranks with open arms, and now that he's gone and forgiven Elijah, Rebekah is going to begin to feel left out, as always. She'll want to get you on her side, not to use you because she has no use, her methods are simply as a way to spite her brothers and her ex-lover. Meredith hates when people are used because she spent 17 years of her life trapped in another dimension because of some prophecy that they thought she would have to fulfill because I was supposed to die. I died and then came back and they let her out."

"That sucks," Josh inputs, and I grin.

"So she tells me. At least she has more than 5 emotions though," I joke, making Davina laugh and the other two look at me confused. "Anyway, she is more than willing to distract Elijah and he's already lost her twice, he isn't willing to risk it a third time. With only Marcel and Klaus looking, it'll be easier."

"What about all Marcel's men?" Josh questions and I smirk again.

"They aren't too keen on helping. They don't trust Klaus because he's super shady and Marcel betrayed them all by imprisoning Thierry even though I told him it was a trap. They'd be more likely to listen to me but Marcel won't ask and Klaus is upset that I used him for sex and then undermined his newfound power. Not to mention the casket girls festival gives us the perfect cover.

"We get D a pretty white dress with a veil, I get some passports and a couple plane tickets and Cami gets her to safety until nightfall and the two of you ride off into the sunset. I'll give her the daylight ring spell and I need to find the ring so I'll meet you at the airport and you'll just have to watch out for her." Everyone nods at my plan. "Great, I'm going to find that ring and cause trouble with Klaus. He's smart, he'll find her but if I can take his attention, I might be able to prevent it."

With that, I leave the apartment and head to the compound. I stop outside, gathering my anger to make it seem real and it's shockingly not that hard as I storm into the compound going right up to Klaus and punching him in the face successfully making his head turn to the side so hard I'm almost surprised it doesn't snap. "What the bloody hell was that for, sweetheart?"

I sneer at him. "What part of 'stay away from Cami' was so hard to understand. You know that she's Sean's sister but you just couldn't resist, you had to compel her to play your little therapist. You know that you could actually hire one of those instead of compelling someone to write your 'memoirs' or whatever the hell you told her. Stay away from Cami. You're compulsion's gone, by the way, I removed it so she knows to stay the hell away from you."

"Jessica, I didn't mean to upset you--"

"We have bigger problems, Jess," Marcel cuts him off and I turn my anger on him.

"Oh look at that, the prodigal son returns to the folds. All the betrayals he's committed, I'm surprised you can trust a single word that comes out of his mouth with the acute paranoia you're plagued with," I spit at both of them and watch my words hit their mark.

"Davina is missing," Marcel tries and I laugh mirthlessly.

"Great, I'm sure that's your fault somehow as well. Tell me, Marcel, what have you done that might make her flee because it has to be something that involves me otherwise she would've come right to me?"

He looks down guiltily as he answers. "I didn't tell her that you killed Agnes."

I gasp. "God Marcel, I can understand the betrayals of me and Rebekah, hell maybe even Thierry, but Davina is a child. Her mother turned her back on her. The only people she has are the two of us and now she's wandering around this city, by herself, unsure of who to trust. What if a witch finds her and convinces her that they want to help and then keep her locked up until the can create a new elder to finish their harvest? Your actions have consequences and that sweet girl is going to pay them," I snarl, not realizing how closely Klaus was studying me until he spoke.

"You're right, of course. That could be a real possibility and the Jessica I know would save the people she cares about and scold later, unless of course, you were already assured of the young witch's safety," he eludes and I say nothing but we both know that he's caught me. "Well, love, as much as I love you, and I do truly love you, I cannot allow a weapon that powerful to be under someone else's control." I can hear the underlying threat that if he can't control her, he'll kill her but I see his eyes find my neck before looking into my eyes.

"No, Nik don't," I try before everything goes black as he snaps my neck.

_______

I wake up and hear faint voices. The more I wake up, the clearer they become and I recognize them as Davina, Klaus, and Marcel and then I hear Davina say, "You pretend to be so confident, but I know the truth. You're afraid everyone can see what you really are-- an animal. A beast. Why don't you show us your real face?" I can hear Klaus shouting in pain as he is forced to shift but I can't move yet. "That's enough of you." I hear his neck snap and can't help the feeling of satisfaction that rushes me.

"Davina, you don't have to do this," Elijah starts but he only makes her angry and she begins to talk about all the innocents he has drained, making him choke on blood until it kills him temporarily before she starts on Marcel.

"And you! I trusted you. I loved you, but you were just using me to stay in power. You don't care about me."

"You're wrong," he tries, but she ignores him.

"When you lost to Klaus, you handed me over like some trophy. Maybe I should boil you in bronze."

" I care. I took you in like you were my own blood." I hear him begin to choke before going silent and try to turn my head when I hear Rebekah's voice.

"Come on now, love. Don't tell me you were falling for that. Isn't it time for us girls to have a chat?" I can tell she is about to say more but Davina interrupts.

"Jessica told me that I could trust you, so I will but they did something to her," she insists and I can hear the confusion in Rebekah's reply.

"I doubt Klaus is capable of hurting her."

"He snapped my neck," I say, finding my voice and the ability to move.

"Jessica," Davina gasps, running into my arms as I notice Tim and roll my eyes.

"Tim, you're released from Klaus' compulsion, why don't you join us down here?" I suggest and he nods and climbs down as Davina looks me over and Josh walks into the courtyard, probably brought by Rebekah as a way to prove her intentions.

"Wait, if he snapped you neck, how are you... Are you in transition?" She asks, scared, but I smile at her shaking my head.

"No, when I met him, he was so worried for my safety because he said that I didn't care enough. He had his witch spell his necklace to protect me even though I wasn't human. He made sure I was wearing it before snapping my neck. Still hurt like a bitch though."

Davina laughs before hugging Tim until Rebekah tells us that she wants to show Davina something.  She leads us to the garden, talking about how Marcel is worse than Klaus and how he locked Thierry up knowing that he was set up. Tim tries to comfort her and offers her his water bottle. I smile at the couple because I can smell the fear that's been radiating from him since he stepped in yet he wants Davina to feel safe.

Suddenly, Tim begins coughing and I rush over to them as Davina is trying to figure out if he's okay. "It was Klaus. He made me do it. I didn't even know what I was doing until I made you--"

"Made her what?" Rebekah and I both ask.

"Drink."

"Oh my God, he poisoned it," I gasp as Davina begins coughing. I try to cast a protection spell on them but I can hear Tim's heart stop so I just focus on Davina only to hear her's stop as well.

Rebekah's phone rings and Klaus asks where she is. She tells him and yells at him for killing the two children. Klaus defends his choices before hanging up and I sit there looking at the two teenagers that I couldn't save until I hear it, a heartbeat and then soon after, another. "Guys," I say and they look at me. "Listen," I whisper and they do and I can tell that they hear them.

"How?" Rebekah asks and I touch Tim and see it.

Klaus is standing next to Vivianne in the courtyard and I can see Marcel and Elijah still in the background, dead."You need to hurry. Jessica would've released him of my compulsion keeping him up but I don't think that it will work on this."

"Why did you do it if you didn't want it to work?" She asks, smirking.

Klaus growls. "I intended for it to work and kill her for her betrayal."

"Then why have me do a protection spell on them?" He looks down and she grins. "It's okay, you don't have to admit it. I know that you're doing it for Jessica. That's why you forgave your siblings and started searching your mother's grimoire for a way to break the curse on Hayley's pack. If only you could admit it to her," she says before performing the spell and bringing me back to the present.

"Nik," I gasp.

"What?" Rebekah asks.

"Nik had Vivianne place a protection spell on them after he woke up from his snapped neck," I reveal as both teens gasp for breath opening their eyes together. I hug Davina instantly and she hugs back tightly before whispering a favor in my ear and pulling away. "Are you sure?"

"Yes," she whispers and I nod before moving to Tim and looking into his eyes.

"Tim, you never knew Davina Claire. She was a girl you went to school with and you always thought she was pretty but you could never work up the nerve to talk to her and then one day, she stopped coming to school. You heard she moved and you were upset that you never talked to her but you hope that she is happy. When you leave this room, the compulsion will take over and all your memories of Davina will vanish, got it?" He nods and I smile at Davina sadly. She returns it with unshed tears as I walk to Rebekah and Josh. "We should give them a few moments. Make sure she makes it back alright and tell her that it was Klaus that saved her, I need to talk to him," I inform them before speeding to the compound to hear shouting.

"You know what the worst part is? It's that you're so predictable, I had to make an alliance with your brother, who I don't even like," Marcel shouts and I have a feeling I know what they are talking about.

"It was unnecessary," I reveal and everyone turns to me as I turn to Klaus. "Isn't that right, Nikki? Are you going to tell them, or shall I?"

"How do you-" he cuts himself off, figuring it out. "I should've known."

I shrug with a smile before turning to the other two. "He didn't kill them, he poisoned them, yes, but he had Vivianne do a protection spell to ensure that they both lived. They're fine, Rebekah and Josh are with them now, however, after today, Tim is off-limits as he won't even remember Davina," I say, putting compulsion behind my words, and they all nod unwillingly. "Now, if you'll excuse us, I need to speak with Klaus." With that, I take his hand and lead him to his bedroom, closing the door behind him.

"If you are to scold me, I would like to know why you didn't tell them that I had a change of heart after the act was done." I smile at him.

"The point is, you had a change of heart. That's the Nik that I loved, the one that is constantly making an effort," I tell him before taking a deep breath. "And I really hope that he doesn't disappear because I'll be pissed if I give you a second chance and you hurt me again."

It takes him a few minutes for the words to sink in and when they do, he smiles, a genuine smile that takes me by surprise. "I promise to never hurt you again," he vows and I grin before running into his arms and kissing him deeply. If only we knew how quickly a promise can be broken.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.1K 577 45
One kiss changed everything. After defeating Dahlia thanks to the devious minds of Jessica Gilbert and Klaus Mikaelson, Jessica was excited to finall...
75K 1.9K 45
Jessica Gilbert was normal.... if you looked past the fact that she was a tribrid but that was easy since only a handful of people knew. Her life cha...
31.4K 777 30
Periná has lived in Mystic Falls her whole life, her mother lived here and gave birth to her here, it's also where she died. Periná's birth killed he...
455K 8.8K 65
"I don't think I would have done it. I mean, I was prepared, but I don't think I could have gone against you." "You wouldn't have killed me, but you...