Kylo Ren and the Scoundrel

By AgeLessMummy

Y/n, known by most as Kylo Ren, has been the aprentice to Snoke for years. She originally trained with Luke S... More

~Chapter One: Jakku~
~Chapter Two: Finn~
~Chapter Three: Han Solo~
~Chapter Four: Maz Castle~
~Chapter Five: Meet Kylo Ren~
~Chapter Six: Meet Ben Solo~
~Chapter Seven: I Don't Want to Hurt You~
~Chapter Eight: A Bond Like No Other~
~Chapter Nine: Truth~
~Chapter Ten: Together?~
~Chapter Eleven: Til We Meet Again~
~Chapter Twelve: Alone Again~
~Chapter Thirteen: Distracted~
~Chapter Fifteen: He Wants You Dead~
~Chapter Sixteen: More Than Me~
~Chapter Seventeen: Final Fight~
~Chapter Eighteen: Solo~

~Chapter Fourteen: I'm Helping~

63 1 0
By AgeLessMummy

   Ben runs out of Lando's ship and runs over to the speeders sitting in the sand. Poe runs to the other side of the speeder trying to get it running. Ben gets one to start before Poe's starts up.

   "How do you know how to do that?" Finn asks.

   "No need to worry. I made it," C-3PO tells the group.

   "We gotta go!" Poe gets on the speeder with C-3PO and Finn. Ben, Chewie, and BB-8 get on the other speeder. Ben sets the mask down next to him.

   The speeders fly through the desert with the stormtroopers following after on their own vehicles. Some of the stormtroopers have jet packs and fly into the air. Ben give out a breath.

   "Oh! They fly now!" C-3PO says.

   "They fly now?" Finn yells at Poe.

   "They fly now!" Poe responds piloting the Speeder.

   Ben hears BB-8 chirp at him. "Not now, BB-8!" BB-8 pokes a hole into a yellow canister. Ben hears it go off and turns seeing it hit the trooper that was shooting at him, he laughs. "Never underestimate a droid." Ben pulls up to the other's and calls, "Ochi's ship. I've seen that ship before!"

   The group had yet to know the trooper still flying in the sky above them. The trooper shoots at them making everyone on both speeders fly through the air and land on the ground. They all shoot at the trooper. One of them hits the troopers pack and he goes flying right into a mountain.

   Ben breaths heavily leaning back into the sand. He glances around before spotting the mask a few feet from him.

   "What the hell is this?" Poe asks as his foot goes into the sand.

   Ben tries to sit up but can't. "Skinning fields! Try to grab something!"

   "Will this agony ever end?" C-3PO asks. Ben reaches for BB-8.

   "Come on!" BB-8! No!" Ben tries harder but his shoulder is already sunken into the sand.

   "Ben!" Finn calls. Ben stops his struggling.His face the only thing he had left above the sand.

   "I never told anyone," he whispers before fully sinking into the sand.

   Poe groans standing up in a small cavern underground. "Finn? Ben?" Ben falls through the ceiling. He lets out a light laugh. He begins getting up, taking Y/n's mask in his hands when he reaches it.

   "Yeah. Where's Finn?"

   "Where's Chewie?"

   "I'm good!" Finn calls walking into the small area.

   "I thought we where goners!" Poe tells Finn and Ben wrapping an arm around them both.

   "Which way out?"

   "We have to hurry," Ben says turning on his saber for light. Poe turns on his flashlight and begins following.

   "So, what was it?" Finn asks.

   "What was what?"

   "What you've never told anybody?"

   "You heard that?"

   "I'll tell you later."

   "You mean when Poe's not here?" Poe asks.

   "Yeah. Mm-hmm. You'll just make fun of me and wouldn't understand."

   "Sure big guy! We're gonna die in sand burrows and we're all keeping secrets?"

   "I'll tell you when you tell us about all that shifty stuff you do."

   "I don't wanna know what made these tunnels."

   "Judging by the circumference of the tunnel walls-" C-3PO starts.

   "I said I didn't want to know."

   "Is that a speeder?" Finn asks. He walks over to the remains of a speeder.

   "What? An old one," Ben responds.

   "Perhaps we will find the driver!" C-3PO tells them. BB-8 chirps.

   "Yep, BB-8, I think dead too," Poe says walking through the tunnels.

   "A common emblem of Sith loyalists!" C-3PO says pointing to the hood decoration on the speeder.

   "Sith," Ben says.

  "This was Ochi's?" Finn asks.

   "Luke sensed it. Ochi never left this place."

   "And he ended up down here."

   "He was headed for his ship. Same thing happened to us, happened to him," Poe responds.

   "So, how did Ochi get out?" Finn asks.

   "He didn't," Ben says walking over to a pile of bones. Ben reaches down and grabs something from the sand. He recognizes the blade. "Horrible things have happened with this," he whispers.

   "There's writing on it," Poe points out.

   "Perhaps I can translate. Oh. The location of the wayfinder, has been inscribed upon this dagger. It's the clue that master Luke was looking for," C-3PO says holding the blade.

   "And? Where's the wayfinder?" Ben asks.

   "I'm afraid I cannot tell you."

   "20.3 fazillion languages, and you can't read that?" Poe asks.

   "Oh, I have read it, sir. I know exactly where the wayfinder is. Unfortunately, it is written in the runic language of the Sith."

   "So what?" Ben asks.

   "My programming forbids me from translating it."

   "So you're telling us the one time we need you to talk, you can't?" Poe asks.

   "Irony, sir. I am mechanically incapable of speaking translations from Sith. I believe the rule was passed by the Senate of the Old Republic-" C-3PO gets cut off when the group spots a giant sand worm. "Serpent! Serpent! Serpent!"

   Ben forces the weapons of his friends down. He holds his saber to Finn. Finn takes it holding the light source. Ben slowly paces over to the giant sand worm. It growls at him. Ben steps over the first layer of the sand worm's tail before reaching the next. He steps over the next layer and stops before the sand worm. He kneels down, turning to see the injury on the worm's body. Ben's mind races, he lifts his head. Y/n had healed his bruise maybe he could do the same.

   Ben reaches his hand out placing it on the wound before closing his eyes. When he opens his eyes the worm is healed and moves out of the way. Ben rubs his palm, gently.

   "What was that?" Finn asks.

   "I don't know, I saw someone else do it and figured I could too," Ben replies.

   "Who did it," Finn stops in front of Ben handing him the saber.

   "Y/n," Ben smiles lightly at his friend.

   "Y/n? Who's that?"

   "Kylo Ren."

   "What made her heal something?"

   "I don't know. She saw my bruise on my head and healed it."

   "She healed you?"

   "Yeah, crazy right." Ben and Finn walk out of the hole the worm was blocking. Y/n's mask still in Ben's hands.

   "Why are you holding onto her mask?" Finn asks.

   "I'll tell you when we're alone. It's apart of that whole other thing."

   "We cannot possibly fly in that old wreck," C-3PO says.

   "We gotta keep moving. Find someone who can translate tat dagger. Like a helpful droid," Poe says.

   "I suggest we return to the Millennium Falcon at once."

   "They'll be waiting for us at the Falcon!"

   "Yeah, they'll throw us in the Pits of Griq," Finn says.

   "Yeah. And use you as a target droid."

   "You both make excellent points, at times," C-3PO says. Ben stops, turning to the desert landscape.

   "What is it?" Finn asks.

   "I'll be right behind you. It's okay," Ben says walking back down the hill. Ben stands in the sand, mask in hand as he hears a ship coming towards him. Ben knows that it's a first order ship. When the ship rounds the mountain. He sees it's a tie fighter. 

   "Ben! Ben! They got Chewie!" Finn yells from feet away. Ben reaches to his saber pulling it out and turning it on. The ship stops and Y/n walks out. Ben holds out his hand trying to keep the ship from leaving. He pulls his hand down and tries to get it to land. Y/n reaches out as well trying to get it into space. They both push harder. Lightning crackles at her finger tips, hitting the ship making it explode into flames. She takes a few steps back before turning her head to Ben.

   She walks over to him, "I didn't mean to," she whispers.

    "I know. It's okay." Ben hands her the mask.

   "Why have you been holding on to this?"

   "You'll find out soon, Princess," Ben says.

   "Ben! We gotta go! They're coming!" Finn yells at the other male. Y/n turns to Finn.

   "The trooper. Listen Ben, I know that there is a spy. And I know that they are giving you information."

   "Really? I didn't know that," Ben replies.

   "I'm trying to help you," she responds a smile on her face. "Go, get out of here."

   "Really?" Ben asks, confused.

   "Yes, please leave," she stands close enough that Finn couldn't see that she was holding Ben's hand on the other side. "Don't go after Palpatine, he will kill you. Go back to your mother. I'm doing my best to keep the First Order away from you. If you try to go after Palpatine, we will have to fight. Please, go back to your base. Have a nice life, Ben Solo."

   Ben watches as she walks back to her ship her mask in hand. Finn and Ben run to board the ship. Y/n sits watching as they take off.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.7K 226 34
30 years after the fall of the Empire and the establishment of the New Republic, the galaxy now faces a new threat, the First Order. From their base...
14.3K 367 48
In this story, it takes place after Episode VII. Rey is currently trying to learn the ways of the Force. Many questions are constantly on her mind...
2.7K 294 27
Originally written and posted on Fanfiction.net in June 2016, this is the continuing story of The Force Awakens. The Second Galactic War has begun...
222 0 9
Story takes place 6 weeks after the events of The Force Awakens. Rey is cultivating her force potential under the seasoned eye of Jedi Luke. Ren has...