HER

By sonotrose

Cassy Lavern lost her sister on a cancer. As she visited at her tomb, she met this strange guy who offered he... More

To my readers
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Main Casts
Part 6
Part 7
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
To my readers,
part 17
Part 18
part 19
Part 20
part 21
part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30

Part 8

296 161 83
By sonotrose

Before our lips touched, a loud screeched of wheels impending towards us.

Xavier is quick enough to grab me on my waist and spin us away from the approaching vehicle, a racing white and black Hennessey Venom car that passed the speed limit. I didn't even know why I knew the brand of the car, I guessed it's because of Tria since she had been a car fanatic ever since we were young. That's what I like about her. She was an adventurist and liked to do new things. I could say she was a jack of all trades.

His hold sent me twirling from the middle of the street to the side part of the road where low densely branched shrub planted aesthetically.

If it were not for the trails of the lanterns spotting the green grass and bushes, I wouldn't have taken my time admiring the simple scenery of Rodden street, my home street.

At last, I calmed my faltered heart. Both of my hands laid on top of his chest. I can hear very well the loud thumping of his heart too. He was hot. No. I mean he was warm and comfy. I wish I could hug him close, feel his heat, and enveloped by his simple nearness.

I closed my eyes and bit my lip, keeping myself from becoming mortified by my aphrodisiac needs of thinking.

Was he just about to kiss me? Did I close my eyes while doing so? Did he ever wonder if I would kiss him back?

Questions piled up by questions, I still wasn't thoroughly sorted out when he caught me unaware.

Xavier kissed my forehead softly. " That was close."

I could imagine myself melting into a puddle with that little but cute thing he has done by kissing my forehead.

I stiffened. " T-thanks."

He just saved me.

And kissed my forehead.

I am not washing my forehead.

Ever.

My stomach twisted. My heart pounded in my throat.

His lips curled into a smile as he looks down at me, " Maybe some other time. "

I think I know what he was referring to the statement and it made my heart hurdled into a frantic race so I looked away and recognized my home.

Maybe some other time, I'll kiss you breathlessly.

My house wasn't that big. It wasn't that much either. It is enough to shelter and provide for my needs at night. Somehow, I have the weird feeling of what would my bed think of me while I'm away. But that is just a thought.

These past few days my overthinking doubled. Like if I have a visitor do I need to freshen my sheets, or do I need to learn cooking and stop dieting, eating the nasty white stuff that never feeds me even a bit of nutrition since Tria was gone. Commonly, the typical problem of a person living alone.

" I'm here. " We stopped by a white mailbox perched by the fences. The grass was cut clean. My house is 192 sq.m with three rooms and 2 bathrooms. One on the second floor and the other on the first floor. It is a modernized texture designed by my father since he was the architect. Brown and white were painted on the exterior.

Supposedly, it was called a family home. Used to make you feel at home even just by looking at it, I think there was one time I did, but that was when Tria was around and maybe it seemed like it is.

Now, I don't see anything magical in it than an ordinary house needing someone to make herself feel 'at home' when she just saw it as a house as a shelter.

" Well, I'll see you... tomorrow? " He breathed out, pocketed his hands on his pants, and bit his lip.

Am I truly falling of this boy's luscious lip cause every time he does that I'll be thinking inappropriately?

The wind got colder as it danced along with us.

I watched as the fetching smile playing on his face.

My eyes trailed over his lips and I fought myself by thinking a great deal of sense why I shouldn't be looking at it more. I stared back at his emerald eyes as I responded by saying, " Yeah. See you."

From there on, I watched his dominant back turning away from me. I forgot to thank him for saving me and so I called out. " Thank you !"

He half swiveled, didn't pause from sauntering, he shouted back." You're welcome! "

History

As I entered the room, I didn't recognize Mark calling for me until he placed his hand over my shoulders.

I smiled at Mark and leaned my head on his shoulders as if I have a rough day despite having to attend initially the first class of the day: History by Ms. Sturdy.

" Guess what," Mark announced.

"What?" I asked intently looking at him. Ever since that day in the library, he was less sad and more likely beaming in happiness.

" The blonde? Sarah List? I went out with her yesterday."

I squealed and hugged him tightly leaving him breathless, "Congratulations!"

" You owe me a double of the said fifteen alright?" Mark tug a smirk on me which I roll my eyes and said, " Of course. You win."

There haven't been so many students in this class. Around 20-25, I could count the people that barged in the entrance door.

Before I knew it, our eyes apprehensively interlocked.

Xavier Dawn's mouth twitched. His eyes zeroed on Mark's hands over my shoulder.

There is something in me that's starting to twinge in my chest.

He was seated at the front row and I think it was smart of him to decide, Ms. Sturdy has this bad habit of speaking too softly, most people dragged their seats grievously just to hear her discuss the Spanish colonial government and how it affects our lives.

Xavier Dawn is back at it again.

Long gone were his bikers facade, he wore his circular eyeglasses, his disarrayed curls of hair closes the gap of his forehead which makes his eyes brood. He wore the conventional plain gray t-shirt and ragged pants.

He came ten minutes earlier than I ever was. I wasn't an academic aficionado but wasn't the type to ditch class either. Probably I could be those pupils who hate lessons and projects or activities but are forced to go to school because of costly school tuitions and miscellaneous.

How can he look effortlessly handsome and let me just flex it, a greek God despite wearing the worst clothes ever on campus?

I can feel myself growing uneasy as he gazed at me with no intention of smiling or saying hi.

The girls next to him, behind him, were begging for him to notice them. But he was too preoccupied at looking over us that he forgot they are beside him and whatnot.

I don't care whether if he smiles at the girls or not.

We don't have a label in the first place so he has all the opportunity to flaunt his concentration to them.

Last night was spectacular. The almost " kiss " we had. The "saving " my bump off from the speeding car. The gentlemanly "walk all the way home". But right at this moment, I am starting to doubt if his promise of giving 'them' to me is real or not.

Where had gone the coltish and chivalric man last night?

My imagination was cut off when Mark waved his hand over my face, " Earth to Cassy?"

I blinked a couple of times and plastered a small smile, " What is it, Mark?"

We have seated two rows behind him. Mary is on my right while Mark is on my left.

" I have asked Sarah to come with me to a beach party this Saturday. " Mark beamed. Sarah Lissitt, she is another top notcher incomprehension of the examination before we enrolled in Dannica University. Mark sported a goal with Lissitt. He is also a sucker with pretty girls with a brain. The gal he was referring to was seated a few rows on the front.

As she talked to someone behind her, I'm not sure but probably named Jessica, her eyes diverted to Mark.

I can tell Mark, who was unsure what to do as she winked at him, known to respond it with a shy smile.

" Oh, let me tag along! I can have Darren over too! " Mary beside me, giggled. Darren is her boyfriend for the last two years.

Mary's parents are strict. They never agreed for her to have a boyfriend until she was 17. So Mary kept her relationship with Darren when they were 15 and managed to fight for their romance against their parents as they grew old together.

She told me " they are in love" that way. So as it turned out when she had her birthday last February 5, they both spread the news of an official couple in love.

" Ew Mary, I thought you two were over. " Mark brought out his most sickened face ever. " You talked it out  last March and never speak again."

" Correction! That was last March. Now it is May 1. " Mary interjected.

Mark rolled his eyes, " Well, I hope he doesn't eat his bugger every time he's trying not to gawked on other girls in a two-piece suit! "

Marry narrowed her eyes and said," Well Douchebag, I hope too that Sarah bust you out seeing you are a guy not worth spending her time smooching over. "

I raised both of my hands, in surrender for their well-being and health for the betterment of the future however Mark intervene. " Hey, now guys. Let me just-"

"Yeah? Well, you look Rachel McAdams with missing teeth." He eyed her from head to toes. Mary wore a pink tube with fur on top of it exposing her collarbone but adding a gold alchemist necklace. She was wearing all pink skinny jeans on the bottom similar to the mean girls in movies but in vintage style. " A wannabee Regina George but never gonna be one of the mean girls. "

" well, You look like forest Gump went jumping bubblehead in mud and losing his genitals because he keeps swimming like a frog. " Mary interjected. She gestured to the jumpsuit and french cap Mark wore.

Mark raised his eyebrows to look down on his pants. His mouth parted in an O shaped. " You've seen them? My genitals? "

Mary rolled her eyes then raised her hand before she motioned the height of his genitals to the actual length of weeny stretched by her thumb and forefinger ( not that it is necessary to know about the actual length but hypothetically speaking...) " No amigo, it doesn't need to prove how small they are. They are just. That. Small."

Mark frowned then twisted his head to me, " I hate her, Cass."

" I hate him too." Mary slipped out her tongue to him and grabbed for my shoulder like always - changing the topic by saying, she turned me, wide-eyed and attentive, " How about you Cass, have you found someone to escort you at the beach party?"

I wanted to close my eyes, breathe for one two three and smile calmly. But it turned out I was a loss for words. "Can you please repeat the question?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 695 40
"Some people do drugs. Some people drink. I live." - Analise Loughty Analise Loughty was someone nobody messed with. Kids at her school left her alon...
167K 8.4K 31
His life was a disaster. With a deranged father who was out of the picture and a mother who contributes the world's chaos, he held the weight of a ce...
164K 4.2K 48
zoella winchester and her twin brother zachary are not only different from eachother but are still secretly alike and their best friend from birth fe...
101K 2.9K 60
Her entire life so far had been like one sunny afternoon, passing quickly and soon forgotten along with all the other days that had no stand-out exci...