The Lion and The Raven ~ Jame...

By 888AthenaBlack888

"I fell in love the way I fall asleep. Slowly, then all at once."-- John Green He was dynamic. She was dramat... More

CAST
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
Story Progress?
YEAR 1
YEAR 2
YEAR 3
YEAR 4
YEAR 5
YEAR 6
YEAR 7

EPILOGUE

5.7K 188 134
By 888AthenaBlack888

They decide to live together in a small cottage owned by the Potter's at Godric's Hallow until they finish their respective apprentiships. They carry all their stuff in boxes and move it into the cottage, before becoming too lazy to unpack it. The cottage looks huge and spacious with nothing in it yet. They play music and laugh while dancing bare-footed until dinner. They eat oats, eggs and toast for dinner because neither of them can actually cook. Their beds haven't been set up yet, so they spread a blanket in the yard outside and fall asleep next to each other under the stars.

They attend a muggle cooking class, and learn how to cook the basics. The first time they try to cook in the kitchen, it turns into an epic food fight. Remus visits, only to find them both covered head to toe in floor and eggs, and then makes them clean up the mess without magic as a punishment.

They attend Lucius and Narcissa's wedding. It's beautiful and Camilla is a bridesmaid. When Narcissa throws the bouquet of flowers, Camilla catches it. Lucius and Theodore smirk knowingly at James.

James finishes his transfiguration Apprenticeship. In celebration, he takes Sirius, Remus, Camilla, Lucius, Theodore, Narcissa, Selina, Catherine, Frank, Alice and Regulus to a Quidditch game played between Puddlemere United and Holyhead Harpies- his and Camilla's favourite teams respectively. Before the start of the game, when everybody is seated, James drags her by the hand to the centre of the field. National level quidditch players, reporters and fans surround them. Camilla looks confused when the captain, who is also the seeker of the Holyhead Harpies throws a snitch to James, who catches it and twists it open to reveal a ring. She gasps in surprised happiness as he kneels down with a grin and proposes. She's nodding with happy tears as he makes a lovely, moving speech and places the ring on her finger. He expertly twirls her around as she jumps into his arms and pulls him into a kiss after he puts the ring on her. The whole stadium erupts with cheers and everybody congratulates them. For the first time ever, the game between Puddlemere United and Holyhead Harpies end in a tie.

Their wedding takes place in a small island in the Carribeans. It is friends and family only. It's beautiful and they say their vows as the sun sets. Camilla looks impossibly beautiful in her white gown and James smiles the entire time. They have their first dance together. Sirius tells them to have fun on their honeymoon and to try to be careful, he is too young to be a godfather. James laughs as Camilla tells him that her heels are extra pointy that day. Sirius takes a visible step back. James is horribly confused when all of Camilla's relatives speak to him in French, and he unknowingly agrees to rub a potion on her great aunt's back. James decides he really hates French. Camilla doesn't throw her bouquet. Instead, she walks over to Selina Greengrass and hands her the bouquet of flowers with a mysterious smirk. Someone pokes her from the back and Selina turns to see Sirius kneeling on the floor with a wide smirk. They celebrate two events that day- the marriage of Camilla and James and the engagement of Sirius and Selina.

They spend the whole honeymoon calling each other nothing but 'husband' and 'wife'. Camilla teaches him how to speak those words in French. James forgets those words by the end of the day.

Camilla finally finishes her second apprenticeship. She now has a mastery in Alchemy and another one in Runes. She wants to do another one, she tells James. She flips a coin to decide between Charms and Potions. Charms wins.

James confesses to her that he misses pranking. Camilla tells him that he should open a pranking business, like Zonko's. He tells her that he will think about it. One week later, James, Sirius and Remus jointly open a pranking business called Marauders. Their slogan is "Mischief Managed". Camilla, Selina, Catherine, Theodore, Narcissa, Lucius, Regulus, Frank, Alice and Minerva Mcgonagall own major shares of the company. They open one branch in Diagon Alley and another in Hogsmead simultaneously. Within a month, the Marauder's is the most visited and successful shop, other that Fortensque's Ice-cream.

Sirius's mother, Walburga, wears a smile for the first time in forever as she watches her pureblood almost-daughter-in-law walk down the aisle. Sirius and Selina get married in a fairy-tale like venue in a forest two months after their best friend's wedding. They say their vows beneath a waterfall. Camilla jokingly asks when she is going to be a godmother, as Sirius had done in James and her's wedding. She is surprised to see Selina stutter, in a flustered look. James asks if this was why they wanted their wedding to be so soon. Selina, throws cake on him, in a moment where her grace and elegance was forgotten. And that was how Sirius and Selina Black's wedding turned into a food fight, much to Walburga Black's frustration and anger.

Camilla throws up one morning. James fears the worse and calls up everybody for advice on whether or not his new wife is dying. They go to a hospital. The healer congratulates them, in nine months, they will be parents. Camilla smiles softly. James faints.

Narcissa is pregnant as well. So is Catherine, Alice, Selina and Camilla. The girls are delighted. The boys fear for their sanity. They are dragged to go baby shopping and shop for everything from cloths to cots. The girls start discussing baby names and exclaim that it would be wonderful if their own children get married to each other. The boys slip out somewhere in between and go for a drink in Grimmuld Place and spend the day advising Regulus to not get married, much to the young boy's confusion.

Woman, James decides, are dangerous and mad.

Camilla's hormones are crazy. She cried while eating meat saying that she didn't want to eat another animal's baby now that she herself is going to be a mother, and when he told her that it was alright to feel that way and that she didn't have to eat meat, she accused him of incompetence and negligence of their baby's health because "Babies need nutrition, James!"

Another time, she asked if she looked fat, James said no. She then got super worried that the baby's health is in trouble because she was supposed to look fat and when he assured her that she did, in fact, look a little fat, "Don't worry, calm down", she made him sleep on the couch for two weeks because "You can't call a lady fat, James!"

He, Sirius, Frank and his dear cousin-in-laws meet up once a week to discuss their respective wife's pregnancies while exchanging tips and trading advice.

They laugh good-naturedly as they discuss food-cravings, and James is happy that the weirdest craving Cam ever had was sardines dipped in mint ice-cream.

James secretly reads various baby and parenting books and recites quotes and facts from it without realising it. Camilla thinks it is adorable.

Camilla screams very creative profanities when she goes into labour, and James flinches with each word as Sirius sympathetically pats his back. 'Baby Amazing' as they had dubbed their unborn child, is the last to be born in the group, and Camilla's labour has been an excruciating 46 hours long, and it is on the 2nd of August when the young couple finally become parents.

They name him Anton, simply because Camilla loves that name. His middle name is James and he is so tiny and so red, weighing only seven pounds and five ounces. James cries when he holds his son for the first time, and is not ashamed to admit it. Anton's godparents are Sirius and Catherine. Although a new born infant, Anton has tuffs of her golden blonde hair and Camilla bets that he has his father's hazel eyes. She wins.

The girls love taking pictures. Draco Malfoy, Anton Potter, Theodore Nott Jr, Neville Longbottom and Leo Black are adorable, and everybody is sure that all five of them will grow up like actual brothers. They are dressed in very cute ouncies, posed in adorable poses and multiple pictures have been taken of their ultimate cuteness.

Regulus marries Selina's cousin, Haileen Greengrass. They have a winter wedding and get married as the first snow falls. Sirius jokes that the Black boys have a thing for Greengrass girls.

It's Yule now, and James carries on the tradition of hanging mistletoes everywhere. They both dance to Christmas carols and exchange gifts with their family and friends. They attended a Yule Ball held at Malfoy Manor the day before. All the children were dressed to match. Draco cried the whole time, Neville was accidentally almost dropped on his head, Leo threw up thrice, Anton went missing for fifty minutes and Theo slept through it all. They all are still new at parenting, and just want what is best for their children. They spend the children's first actual Yule day trying to make them laugh by making funny faces and sounds. It works.

They celebrate New Year's together- all of them. A Dark Lord called Voldemort is at large, and the Potters are strictly neutral. Selena reveals that she is pregnant again to a drunk Sirius on Valentines Day.

James and Camilla are almost twenty now, and it has been about 6 months now since they became parents. Camilla is pressured into taking a job in France. She is still afraid to disappoint, and James reassures her that he will follow her wherever she goes. Forever and Always, just like he had promised in his vows. Camilla smiled beautifully and hugs him. He knows that she is crying a bit after hearing his words, his shoulders are wet. Anton breaks the moment by crying loudly, altering the couple that he needs his nappies change.

The three of them move to France. The French are surprisingly very accepting. Camilla re-introduces him to her childhood friend, Ambrose Delacour, his wife Apolline and their daughter Fleur. James starts working as an Auror alongside Ambrose. He also sets up another branch of the Marauders in France, it turns out to be a hit. Camilla is being trained by her father to replace him in the French parliament. She comments how lucky he is and how envious she is of the fact that he made Sirius as his proxy in the Wizengamot. She also starts working in the International Department of Law. Ambrose states in a passing comment that she might become the youngest Minister elect ever.

They still visit Britain every weekend for playdates. Remus informs them that he is dating Lily Evans, one of their classmates from Hogwarts. Regulus announces that he is going to become a father.

James runs into Headmaster Dumbledore one day, who reveals that he is planning a resistance group against Voldemort. James confesses that he is quite comfortable in France with his pregnant wife and infant son. Dumbledore offers him an invitation, and James -in a moment where Gryffindor courage is forgotten- tells him he'll think about it after Camilla gives birth. Dumbledore smiles softly and says that he understands. The Headmaster shifts the topic by telling him that he has connections to open The Marauder's in Germany. James laughs and accepts.

They celebrate every child's first birthday grandly with no expense's spared. Anton's birthday is celebrated inside a large hot-air balloon.

Selena gives birth in early November to a girl. They name her Dorea. James hugs Sirius tightly.

For Yule that year, Camilla makes Anton wear a 'I'm a big brother' shirt. James faints again.

They are going to be twenty-one that year. Regulus' wife, Haileen gives birth to a girl in June. They name her Aquila. Sirius and Selena are her godparents. Camilla gives birth to twin boys in late August. James jokes that it is a tradition for Potter men to be born in August, referring to his own birthday. They name them Harry and Sabien.

Anton starts walking, and James and Camilla spend all their time -quite literally- running after him. The children are all very close, and talk in their own language most of the time. Fleur is introduced to the young group, and she self-appoints herself as the over-protective, fun, older sister, much to the parents amusement.

Camilla and James are told on November 1st the same year that Augusta Longbottom died protecting sweet Neville from Voldemort. Neville is dubbed as the boy-who-lived by the British media. Four years later, Alice gives birth to a baby girl named Augusta.

Remus and Lily get married. Two years later, they have their own daughter named Daisy.

Camilla runs for being the French Minister of Magic and wins by a landslide. James becomes the first non-french citizen who is appointed for Head of Department of Law Enforcement.

Ambrose Delacour becomes Head Auror and a proxy for House Lavensque in the Ministry. He is also blessed with a second daughter that he names Gabrielle.

The Marauder's open three branches in Italy, fourteen other branches across Europe and four in the United States of America. The share-holders of the widely loved joke shop are now extremely filthy rich.

Everybody gambles on the children's houses at Hogwarts. The first generation all go to Slytherin, except Neville who goes to Hufflepuff. Aquila joins Neville in Hufflepuff the next year. Harry joins his older brother and cousins in Slytherin. James cries literal tears of joy on hearing that Sabien goes to Gryffindor along with Dorea. It is Augusta and Daisy who go to Ravenclaw together.

Quidditch is in their blood as Anton becomes the star seeker. Draco becomes a wonderful chaser. Neville is called to comment during matches. Leo becomes a beater like his father. Theo is a keeper. Harry is a beater as well, and Sabien follows his parents footsteps as a talented chaser. Dorea is a chaser, Augusta is a beater and Daisy loathes quidditch with every bone in her body.

They watch their children make memories of their own.

They watch as their children fall in love.

Anton Potter (who inherited his father's talents in speaking French), falls for Aquila Black, much to Regulus' dismay. Draco Malfoy falls for Astoria Greengrass. Theodore Nott falls for Daphne Greengrass. Leo Black falls for Susan Bones. Neville Longbottom falls for Hannah Abbott. Sabien Potter falls for Gabrielle Delacour. Harry Potter falls for Dorea Black (Sirius and James are proud to call each other in-laws). Augusta Longbottom falls for an upper year Ravenclaw named Anthony Goldstein. Daisy Lupin falls for a muggle-born named Dennis Crewley. Fleur Delacour falls for William Weasley.

They grow old together, and watch proudly as their children have little children of their own.

James and Camilla Potter die peacefully in their sleep at the impressive age of 104, both of them holding each other's hands and laying side by side, surrounded by their friends, children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren and all their nieces and nephews and god-children and great-godchildren.

------> 0o0 <------

NOTE: WRITTEN IN A WORLD WHERE IF VOLDEMORT DIES, HE STAYS DEAD, BECAUSE I LIKE HAPPY ENDINGS.

Thank you for reading! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 101 23
"Oh, come on, it's fine. It's just a kiss," Sirius ceased. "No, it is not! You just told me you are in love with somebody else," she argued, "and...a...
2.6M 93.3K 30
[BOOK ONE OF MISCHIEF MANAGED SERIES] "Just look at her, James!" Sirius cried out exasperatedly. "Can't you see it? You're in love with her." He sh...
443K 10.8K 53
(Re-editing) It's clear that Severus Snape has never been great friends with the chaotic group known as the marauders but when his twin sister must b...
2.1K 73 23
Everyone saw me as perfect, I always had been my whole life. I was Regulus Black, I was raised to be perfect. I was everything that my parents wanted...