Clashing Blades (Levi X OC)

Por Devilish_red

OC, named Ireen, is another childhood friend of Eren, just a year older (or so what they thought). Living in... Más

『 C H A P T E R 1 : NIGHTMARE 』
『 C H A P T E R 2 : PROMISE 』
『 C H A P T E R 3 : BEGINNING 』
『 C H A P T E R 5 : TRUST』
『 C H A P T E R 6 : MIRACLE 』
『C H A P T E R 7 : MEMORIES 』
『C H A P T E R 8 : ANSWER 』
『 C H A P T E R 9 : SACRIFICE 』
『 C H A P T E R 10 : REQUEST 』
『 C H A P T E R 11 : TRIAL 』
『 C H A P T E R 12 : TRYING 』
『 C H A P T E R 13 : WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE 』
『 C H A P T E R 14 : BETTING ON YOU 』
『 C H A P T E R 15: POTATO 』
『 C H A P T E R 16 : BAD DAY 』
『 C H A P T E R 17 : IT WASN'T MY INTENTION 』
『 C H A P T E R 18 : ARMIN ARLET 』
『 C H A P T E R 19 : THEIR SECRETS 』
『 C H A P T E R 20 : HORSES 』
『 C H A P T E R 21 : 2 WEEKS BEFORE AN EXPEDITION 』
『 C H A P T E R 22 : A PROMISE』

『 C H A P T E R 4 : TEST 』

755 18 1
Por Devilish_red

Live up to your own decision. Don't falter...

- - -

The wind blew fiercely against the cadets' faces as they swung around in the air.

Today, exactly marked as the fifth month of training for the 104th Training Corps, was one of the fine day that the cadets used to train and polish their skills in using the vertical maneuvering equipment. Back then on the first day alone, many of them actually ended up smashing into trees, tangled between the thick wire or get their asses dragged on the ground as they lost balance, body getting too stiff or too nervous when moving at high speed in the air and fail to navigate properly.

They were told that to use the equipment alone didn't only demanded art that required strength and skill, but also great spatial recognition abilities and mental strength so to not waver in the midst of panic. And as such, months of training were required to make sure all of them were comfortable and capable enough to use it. Otherwise, they would be sent back to the reclaimed land and start working their asses there.

As per said, Ireen just swung passed Connie who had just gotten his leg caught in one of the comrade's steel wire that was shot when he suddenly made a sharp turn, and then subsequently clashed with the other's path. Connie stumbled forward as the wire pulled against his leg, and he went over a thick branch in front before ended up hanging upside down over it. Meanwhile the cadet lost his balance due to the wire got pulled sideways and was harshly sent flying to bang a tree.

Ireen choked on her laughter before piercing her grappler onto the tree where the unlucky soul was and stood in hang, stopping to check on him.

She couldn't stop laughing as she peered over her shoulder at Connie's upside down posture that currently rocking left and right lightly. "I told you before Connie not to crisscross path during training. It is dangerous unless we get far from the others."

"Shut up! Simply going straight and forward after firing the grapple hooks is not enough. If an abnormal titan suddenly showed up and jumped directly in front of me, I couldn't avoid at all. I need to learn to redirect my heading when in the air!" Connie fought back.

Sasha who was swinging along nearby them landed with a soft thud on the branch that Connie was stuck to, intended to help untangling him.

Ireen shifted her gaze to the unlucky cadet below her, whom currently swaying like a pendulum bob, growling with a hand over his face as blood trickling down his nose. She upright him by putting his arm over her shoulder, handing him a handkerchief to wipe the blood away before slowly bringing him down to the ground.

She checked on him, and was glad when he assured her that he was fine. Ireen doesn't want to drag his ass to the infirmary room. As much as the condition of her fellow cadet-mate is important, she didn't want to waste her training hour on trivial thing. She turned her attention back to Connie whom currently resting next to the cadet.

"What I'm saying is Connie, this area is not suitable for us to learn doing a sudden turn or changing directions while still being reeled on air. The trees are too packed, much closer to each other and rendering us from having a better mobility since we are still clueless on how to do so. And other cadets are all around here too. We have to get somewhere with bigger space and trees a bit scattered away to practice advance techniques", Ireen said as the four of them gathered and took a rest for a while.

Connie sighed at the statement, despite he agreed to it. "I wonder how Jean was able to do it. Though it was not perfect, he seems to grasp the idea on how to change direction while still reeling on air."

"Well haven't you ever heard? If you want to do what your enemies are doing, you have to learn everything about them. From their strengths to their weaknesses. Just... Everything..."

"Meaning?"

"Instead of trying do it ourselves, let's look for Jean and learn through watching. If we just flying around nearby him we ought to find a way on how to do so. In fact, that guy had first disappeared somewhere else pretty quick, as if he knew the prefect place he could be to polish his techniques." Ireen mumbled out loud. In the midst of their discussion, a crunching sound was heard as everyone's eyes turned to the other girl, whom currently munching on her snack.

"Sasha.... Where did you get that? Isn't that energy bar? The canteen didn't distribute to us, didn't they?" Connie asked, in surprise.

"Nope. She stole it." Ireen butted in.

"What? How??"

"How what?" Another crunching sound was heard as this time round, Ireen was munching on hers.

"Why do you have it too, Ireen???!!!" Connie snapped.

"Let say... I have found a partner in crime and have been working with her together..." Ireen casually said as she wrapped her hand over Sasha's shoulder. However, due to the obvious difference in height, Ireen looked funny as she had to tip toe.

Sasha simply "ehehehe" at that statement.

"I can't believe you two." Connie sighed. "You guys... Don't have an extra, do you?"

"Pay up."

"Stinky."

"Shut it, baldy."

"It's shaved head!"

"I see no difference..."

"Y-you......"

Sasha and the other cadet simply minding their own business as Ireen and Connie had a little spat. With the trio acted casually with each other, the cadet didn't find himself fit in a place at the moment. He started to think that he should leave and resume his training again.

"..... Then, what are your decision?" The cadet snapped when Ireen asked a question.

"I'm sorry, you were saying?"

"I was saying if you want to join us searching for Jean and learn from him his advanced technique. Do you want to come with us?"

"Ohhhh... It's fine. I would like to continue training on my own. After all, unlike you guys, I am yet to master even the basic of using this thing. I am still wavering slightly. I need more time before I could go for an advance technique." He solemnly said. Ireen hummed in response.

"The pre-test on using this 3D Maneuvering Gear is in coming two weeks right?" Sasha voiced her concern out of nowhere.

"Yeah... The instructor said he will prepare some obstacles and ambushes to see our ability in reeling and avoiding and all..." The green orbs casted sideways to meet with brown one. Clearly, they were worrying if the cadet in front them was ready for the test or not, for they didn't wish him to be sent back to the reclaimed land. 

"Well, if you need help, we can help you," Connie offered. But immediately dismissed by Ireen.

"Focus on yourself first, Connie, then you can worry about others."

"Huhhhh??"

"You would have to stop hugging a tree whenever you come to a stop before you could lend a hand to the others."

"Are you telling me to ignore our friends when they need help?"

"Connie, you are missing Ireen's point", Sasha spoke after a while. "Ireen is basically saying, if you yourself not sure on how to operate this device, then don't go teaching others. Because what you are not sure could be a problem to others instead of a help."

Connie was taken aback. He gulped as he diverted his gaze. True.. He barely able to work on this gear. In fact, even Sasha whom had more confidence in flying around in the air with the gear was still deeming her techniques to still far from okay. He apologized to the cadet before wishing him the best in learning himself.

"It's fine. I will figure it out soon anyways. I wish you the best too, Connie." He smiled as he dismissed Connie's earlier thoughts. He then turned to the red-haired as he stood up, eyes boring deeply into hers. The difference in height between them made him towering above her petite figure.

"Ireen... Thank you for the handkerchief. I will return it back after washing it...." His gaze dropped to the fabric that currently held tight in his palm. He felt guilty for ruining her handkerchief. Blood stain was not easy to wash off, especially if it'd dried and it was staining light-coloured fabric.

"Don't worry about that. You can return whenever you feel like it." She simply stated.

Ray still stared at the piece of fabric with guilt. "But I might won't be able to clean it thoroughly from the stain!" He lashed his worry. And Ireen blinked confusedly not finding where the problem was.

"So....?" She inquired.

"A--ah... I mean... I'll buy you a new one! I can't be giving it back if I can't completely washed off my blood from it! I'll buy the one exactly same like this!"

"Ahhhh you were troubled about that? Hahahaha please, don't bother. Why don't you just keep it then? Since you were troubled so much about its cleanliness and all. I still have few to spare anyways." Ireen simply shrugged her shoulder. Her hand was back to grab her gear, ready to back in action in fear of their instructor to suddenly pop out of nowhere and accuse them for slacking off.

But the cadet was still not letting her go as he took a step forward, startling Ireen a bit at his closeness. "N-no! I can't do that! I will return it to you no matter what! Trust me! Just give me some time!"

"O-okay...." Ireen was taken back at his sudden outburst. "Well, how about this instead. You are, Ray...right? Until you finally able to master using 3DMG, never let it go, okay? Take this purpose of returning this handkerchief back to me as your motivation to pass the upcoming test."

Ray was left dumbfounded as he looked down at her light-shaded face. Her green orbs glistened lightly and her hair bangs ruffled softly by the blowing wind.

"Well, what do you say about?" She still inquired his response.

Shaking his head off, he nodded firmly. "Th-that will do it. Thank you, Ireen. I promise I will return it back to you."

Ireen nodded in satisfaction. "Don't sweat it, and take your time. We see you once back at the dinning barrack. Good luck with your training..." With that said, she shot her grapplers and left along with the other two  to search for Jean for their own personal mission.

Ray, still standing there, eyes glistened before he wiped the tears away. He got two weeks more before the assessment test begin. He was gonna make sure he perfected his skills by then, so he won't get sent away.

He opened the handkerchief that was given to him, only then to notice Ireen's name was sewed at the corner of the plain silver-blue fabric of hers. He found the design was mostly used by males but then who was him to question her taste? If she had things for simplicity, then that's that.

Ray gently folded it back following it crease, before stuffing it into his chest pocket. He had to resume on his training. After all, he still wished to stay as a soldier. To fight for the sake of humanity..

And also.. To return back the handkerchief to Ireen, as a great soldier in the future.

- - -

"And as you can see, this blade is not only lightweight, but supple and strong enough to rend titan's flesh. Sufficient force coupled with speed will result in a clean cut --" a sudden bang suddenly interrupted the lesson of the class.

Everyone, including the instructor had all eyes at the source of the sound.

Ireen, now fully awake, was clutching her reddened forehead. Earlier, she had been sleeping while the instructor was giving his lesson, and in order to cover up, she had a book stood in front with her head lowered to have her bangs covered her eyes. Unlucky for her, her chin had slipped from her palm and her forehead hit the wooden table painfully. Subsequently, waking her up in the process.

"I see you are asleep again, Miss Ireen. Was all the physical training burdening you so much that you can't stay awake for an important class?" The instructor pushed his round glasses up by its bridge.

A low growl came out from the girl as she still massaging her forehead, promptly ignoring the older male's question. Eren and Armin who had been sitting next to her each side had a worry look with a hint of guilt shown on their faces.

Sensing he won't get any reply from the female, the class instructor turned his attention to her two best friends, probably trying to put some blame on them too. "Mr Jaeger, and Mr Arlet. Don't you two have a word to say to your friend when she was asleep?"

Ireen immediately spoke as to not involve them. "I'm sorry, sir. They did tried to wake me up, but I ignored them."

"Then they didn't put much force in wakening you up. Focus! This is important topic so you will know which part to aim when attacking!" The instructor warned, and continued the lesson without much threats.

However, not long after the class resume, Ireen was once again fall asleep and this time, light snore was heard leaving the whole class deadpanned. Irritated, the instructor marched to her table before slamming his palms on it, shocking her awake and punished her to stand at the back of the class with a book on her head and to meet Keith Sadies at the end of the day.

Even so, the instructor couldn't believe his eyes as Ireen still fell asleep despite was standing with hands crossing at her back and a book balanced on her head....

No one knows how she pulled the magic....

- - -

2 years forward....

This week is the assessment week for the 104th Training Corps. A lot of things will be judged and scored for the sake of choosing the top 10 cadets. Few of the tests involved physical fitness, mental strength, tactics and fighting skills as well as judgement and self-resolution skills.

The last test was what caused most of the cadets-in-training being evaluated poorly, or perhaps, failed.

For most of them, orders from the superior are absolute, and going against them were crimes. Never once they think of opposing or make their own judgment despite sensing outliers or funny schemes.

But the same thing can't be said to few of the cadets. Ireen, Reiner and Sasha, were few of them.

During the week of judgment and self-resolution test, Ireen, Reiner, Sasha and five more cadets-in-training were given a real life mission instead, which was to assist three official MPs in sending an important document, regarding Lieutenant Kensei's immoral activity in leading a small number of man to illegally sell omnidirectional mobility gear to the merchant association. The reason cadets-in-training were needed was so the pursuing enemies will never suspect the kids to be carrying the real document while another squad made up of only official MPs acted as a decoy.

However, thing didn't flow like it was expected and they were ambushed with Sasha was taken away as a hostage. The ambushers also managed to steal the document, and then separated into two directions with one team took Sasha while the other took the document.

When a discussion was held, Ireen burst out angry since they refused to help save Sasha. They wanted to chase after the document.

Reason was simple. The document was more important than Sasha's life, but Ireen knew Shasha could be killed since the enemies threw threat to end her life if they were to found out chasing after them. At the end, Ireen along with Reiner left the squad to save Sasha by their own selves. And one of the MPs, called Tom, too joined them as he believed on their action.

Meanwhile, the rest of the teammates carried on in tracking the document back, but was once again, ambushed by larger scale of enemies. Turned out, the remaining two MPs on their side were actually part of the scheme and had been betraying them all this time.

Ireen and Reiner found out the truth a little bit too late when they were accidentally eavesdropping on one of the soldiers who slipped out his tongue during his drunken talk with his comrades, on their way to escape after saving Sasha. With the entire squad was taken away and only four members in loose, Ireen bet their faces gonna make to the news and soon become the target of every MPs. They will be hunted to be put behind the bars.

It will be just a matter of time.

"This can't be happening. What are we gonna do now?" Sasha crouched down, biting her finger nail in agitation. Reiner was standing tall with crossed arms, wearing a serious and worried look as his gaze fell on Sasha. Ireen was on one of the trees, eyeing around to ensure no one was making their way to their little hideout in a forest. Her small features made it easier for her to hide and peek.

She then jumped down, directly next to Reiner and Tom as she scowled at the situation they were currently in.

"Well, instructor Shadis knew the truth behind us participating in this mission. But even that said, if he didn't have any evidence we are innocent, he could prove nothing for us. We have to think ourselves now."

"First off, how do we know MP Tom isn't one of the betrayal as well? With two of his other friends are, I doubt he is sincerely helping us," Reiner sized up the MP.

Poor Tom shuddering under Reiner's sharp gaze.

"I doubt it... He was the one helping me to find the easiest way to sneak in and out after saving Sasha. We could trust him."

"If you said so... Then, what do you have in mind?" Reiner asked.

......

"If I wasn't mistaken, there will be a small meeting between few of the MPs' superiors along with Garrison and Survey Corps' superiors. Not really an official meeting, just a small chit chat to strengthen their trust and teamwork among different squads. That bastard will be joining too. We could use the time to reveal his wrong doing and clear out our name. In front of the rest of the superiors.. What do you think?" Ireen quirked her eyebrows.

Sasha whom still had a worried look glanced nervously at Ireen's face. "But how do we tell them his wrong doing? We don't have a proof...."

Ireen scowled at that.

"We break into his office tonight. And see if we can get that document back." And Tom suggested.

"Will that be possible? The superiors' offices are tightly guarded, and even the entrance itself is hard to pass. We don't have any possible means to get in." Reiner counter back.

Tom brought an index finger up, as he spoke, "we don't have to sneak if we can enter legally." He pointed it to the town. It rose curiosity among the two.

"Let's kidnapped some MPs and disguised as them. That would be our only way."

- - -

And so they did.

It was a shock to say that they actually successfully bypassed the security gate. Give the credit to their lucks, for their accidental in bumping into the soldiers that ambushed them earlier allowed them to trail and knocked them out before stealing their clothes and weapons. These people, were confirmed by Reiner who memorized their looks.

Then they entered MP's HQ pretending to be part of them, saluting here and there at any superiors that they met and headed immediately to Lieutenant Kensei's office.

However, the document was nowhere to be found.

As Ireen busy searching around, while Reiner and Tom guarding the hallway that could lead to the office, Sasha rushed in to warn her that the bastard was on his way back. And in the midst of them retreating, they two stumbled into a meaningful conversation between the bastard and the two MPs that loyally followed him, regarding the next business which will be held in two nights from now. All of the valuable items were currently residing in one of the storage house at the South of Stohess District, ready to pass to the customer.

They two then pulled away, meeting with the other two members and retreated to some dark alley. Some discussions were thrown before the next plan taking it effect tomorrow in the morning.

- - -

The next day, early in the morning, four figures; Head captain Nerrium and Assistant Kaila from Garrison squad, Lieutenant Kensei from Military Police and Commander Erwin from the Survey Corp were having a conversation.

They gathered at a stone table which was put in the middle of the garden that laid in front of the MP superiors' office building, with a cup of tea well served to each one of them. It wasn't an official meeting, just a small talk between the superiors from each squad just so they will get along with each other, so a proper meeting room and tight surveillance by the guards were not really needed.

"So, how's your expedition went, Commander Erwin?" Head captain Nerrium spoke first, putting down her cup with a soft clinking sound as her gaze directed to the older male.

"Wasn't much of help. We lost lives as usual, yet unable to learn much about the titans."

"Commander Erwin, shouldn't you consider this expedition thingy as a waste of time and resources? There's nothing else we can do. Why don't we all just move along and stay behind the walls from those freaking titans?" Lieutenant Kensei snorted as he sipped his tea.

Erwin stared at his reflection in the tea, before bringing his face up and gazed deeply into Kensei's.

"It's true that the sound of taking refugee behind the walls sounds more ideal. But if we didn't step out and do our best to learn about our enemies, we are giving away the freedom that we seek for."

"Does this freedom you talked about worth all the lives of our comrades?"

"If it is for the sake of humanity, then it does. We soldiers of Survey Corps are more than willing to give our lives for the future of the people inside the walls." Erwin sternly replied. His finger lightly clutched the handle of the cup. His gaze never faltered and his determination never swayed.

Head captain Nerrium calmly sipped on her tea, letting the two males having their staring contest.

As Lieutenant Kensei about to speak, the serenity was disturbed with the ruckus of few guards screaming and shouting "intruders" and "catch them" and all. 

The commotion caused stole the attention of the superiors before Sasha halted her steps abruptly, leaving dust behind her before nearly crashed into the table. Clearly, shock was written over the four superiors' faces but none made a single word over the disturbance.

Sasha stole a deep breath before giving her salute and apologized for bothering. Being the one who always be punished to run laps made her the fastest one to reach the table among the four. Ireen meanwhile, got herself tackled down to the ground by the guard since she had to be the distraction to let Sasha reached them.

"I, Sasha Braus! A cadet-in-training from the 104th Training Corps! We are deeply apologize for disturbing your morning chatting but we have to crash in to tell the truth regarding Lieutenant Kensei's illegal activity! Our entire squad was caught in their way to deliver the document that will reveal his wrongdoing, and we were put into blame for trying to frame his innocence and putting a rally against him! But please listen to us! As we have proof on what we are going to say next!" Sasha spoke in one breath, but her confidence washed away at the sight of the four superiors and cowardice took over immediately. Her body trembled and her jaw locked as her tongue twisted to utter any more words.

Luckily, Ireen made her appearance quickly to her side after Reiner pulled off the guard from her back and let her escape. She did the same as to salute them four before introducing herself, and took out a roll of paper and showed it to their eyes. Reiner reached their side as he too took a deep breathe before saluting them four. 

"This is the document that revealed Lieutenant Kensei's wrongdoing. It was written and summarized by the person in charged to investigate this matter, and we were tasked to deliver it to one of the captain in MPs. But things didn't work out its way and finding the captain will be a hassle, so we have to rely on other official superiors to help us out." Ireen too, spoke in one breathe. Sweats won't stop trickling from their faces.

Anxiety, worry, despair... All are written clearly. They really hoped the other three will spare time to even listen to them kids' words.

"That's impossible. I never did such thing!" Kensei stood up harshly and caused his chair to fall down. He banged his palm on the table, teeth gritting in anger.

"Then you wouldn't mind me reading this letter for you." Ireen said as her hand swiftly unrolled the letter and read out clearly. "I, Assistant Gerrard Bord from Military Police had been under direct order of Commander Nile to investigate on the recent corruption regarding the illegal selling of omnidirectional mobility gear to the merchant associations, and had come accross to the result of Lieutenant Kensei, to be responsible for it. Few illegal businesses had occurred during the month of Summer, and once at currently month of Fall. A total of 7 boxes filled with the gear had been taken out from the supply HQ, hidden in their hideouts before the date of the business to happen. Furthermore, Lieutenant Kensei had given bribe to few of the soldiers, including few with small tittles, leading them to carry out the illegal activity with a hefty amount of pay that were supposed to be funding the Military Police's operation --"

A scoff from Lieutenant Kensei disturbed Ireen's speech. He realized none of the words were exactly as what written in the real document, that currently in his possession. "Heh, what are you spouting nonsense about? Those are obviously made up lies to --" but he was cut in the middle of the sentence as Ireen ignored and continued talking.

"What's more important, is another business which is scheduled to happen two nights from now is expected to be at the most southern of Stohess District. The gears are all kept in a storage unit at the South of Stohess District, with carts readied to unload the boxes before the night of the business. Please put a stop into this illegal activity and catch Lieutenant Kensei for once," Ireen ended her talk as her gaze was back to the four, and mainly, to the bastard that currently sweating like a pig.

The cold glare she gave broke his suspense as he quickly took out the paper from his inner jacket's pocket and unrolled it to read the content. His eyes bulging out as he shouted maniacally.

"You are lying! There is no such thing as the information regarding the trade in the upcoming two nights written in here! Where and how did you --- huh??!!" He froze immediately as he realized his mistake. He just took out the real document in front of the other three superiors. He had just revealed that he indeed was guilty.

He had dug his own graze.

Ireen smirked over his reaction. "I can't believe this. You actually fall for it. Who would have been so stupid to check the letter that will only lead to their doom? True.. this letter is fake," she turned the paper in her hand and showed it to be blank and empty. "All what I have said was a made up. Except about the upcoming business in two nights. It was what I heard from eavesdropping your conversation yesterday. But the letter in your hand, is the real one, isn't it? The one that hold the truth behind your scheme. You are done. And we are not guilty!" Ireen spatted.

Kensei's attention sharpened as Erwin stood up. His hand was put out, calling out to him to let him take a look at the letter, and Head captain Nerrium and Assistant Kaila too, followed him suit. They are more than ready to snatch the paper away from him if he ever resist.

Kensei let out a dissatisfied growl before he then, smirked and laughed heartily. "You got me, cadets. I can't believe you actually managed to take me down." He then gave a big hand of claps. "Sorry to put you guys in such stressing situation, but this is all just a final test before you graduate."

"A-a test?" Assistant Kaila was dumbfounded. So she questioned. Kensei turned his focus to the assistant and smiled.

"You have been there too, right? Before you graduated, there is a test to your judgement and self-resolution skills. Each cadet-in-training will be put into different situation and the decision you will choose next solely fall on yourself. And it seems like... three of you here" - he directed his gaze back to Ireen, Sasha and Reiner - "stood on your feet to clear your names. I am impressed."

It left the three stunned over his words.

Their eyes widened slightly but relief washed over their faces after knowing the truth. Except for Sasha... Her mind was still trying to comprehend the situation and her mouth was stuttering and stumbling over few words.

"Th-then... Ireen was right?" She turned and looked sideways. "Ireen was right... That it was all part of the test. That's.... amazing..." She concluded.

Reiner gulped in agreement too. His eyes didn't leave from gazing down at the petite figure of his comrade, who stood tall in her shocked face, which soon faded to her casual look.

"What is it? You had known it to be only a test?" Kensei raised an eyebrow. At the same time, Tom walked nearer and stood next to him, eyes shocked.

"How? Or rather...When??" He inquired.

Ireen swallowed her saliva, and sighed before she ran her fingers over her locks. She fixed her arms to her sides again as a respect. "Just last night. It doesn't sounds right to me when everything went too smooth. In fact, it raised me a question, how did three people alone was able to free Sasha from the hands of ten armed soldiers? Then there was this luck where we accidentally bumped into the fake-soldiers that ambushed us the first time, and knocked them out for their clothes and weapons. And also how lucky we were to overheard a conversation regarding new business that gonna happen in two nights... But what makes me realized something was off was when you didn't reprimand Sasha that she had her gun the other way round on her back. Reiner was the one corrected her, and I realized, if you are truly one of the MPs, you won't be making such mistake."

Ireen's gaze hardened to Tom as her mouth twitched. "And it all come down to hit me, that you are actually, one of the instructor-in-assist, back in the camp, that we rarely meet or have time to confront each other before... You are here to assist us, and to grade us based on our performance, right? So, what do you say? Shall we know the truth, sir?" Ireen smiled gently. Her face showed that she had won.

She received an amused look as the older male blinked and smiled in content.

"How can you tell my identity?"

Your scent..... Well, telling him that would only trigger more question, and this could lead to more explanation and it might reach to her secret. So.....

"Your eyes, sir. I paid attention to eye's colour. I could tell, after few times glancing over, that you were indeed one of the instructors that watched over us cadets-in-training. That wig and different voice did throw me off guard, I gotta say you did a good work, sir."

"Hoh?? Well I did train hard to reach a different tune for my voice so that I can carry out such mission." Tom brought his fingers over his neck. He then spoke again in his true voice. "You surprised me beyond the Great Wall of Maria. I supposed you tell your friends because you can't find a trust within me?"

"Well... Kinda... I wasn't really sure too. But then I guess, if this is indeed a real-life mission, then I'm pretty sure the MP's commander will have our back soon anyways, even if we failed. Because if this investigation regarding illegal sells of the 3DMG to ever happen, won't he, as the commander of the Corps, will know the truth? And if this is just a test, then why don't we just play along and do our best? It will bring good mark to our grades."

The wind blow gently as she finished speaking, and swept away Ireen's locks that she had tugged behind her ears, before they settled at the side of her face. Sasha, who had exhausted from the ordeal, slumped down on her knees and sighed.

"All this running make me hungry. And I am so sleepy too..." She complaint.

"Oi Sasha. Get up! You have to pay respect to the superiors." Reiner pulled her arm and forced her to her feet. But Sasha kept slouching down.

"Since the test is over, you three are allowed to go back to the camp. Have a rest for the day. I will inform Instructor Shadis about it so rest assured, you won't get yelled or punished." Tom then turned to face the four superiors and apologized. "We are truly sorry for disturbing your conversation. Please, do overlook this and we will be on our way." He gave his salute and turned on his heels. But not before Nerrium spoke.

"Young cadet, Ireen... right? Such sharp mind you have over there. I'm pretty astonished with how the gear of your brain worked. You impressed me... To be able to detect the flaws and reached for the truth."

Ireen smiled lightly as he brushed her comment off. "Thank you for the praise, madam. But there is someone else with sharper mind than me back in the camp. I'm pretty sure he will be able to detect the flaws much faster than I did."

"Ohh, is it? But you are great too. What is your plan after graduating? Have you choose which squad you are going to join? If you haven't, I would like to have you as part of Garrison. I can personally recommend you to be part of Planning and Tactics squad, so you can utilized your strength there. We need someone that able to scrutinize the situation carefully and assess with the best method in strengthening the defense of the Walls."

"That sounds nice. But I have set my goal from the beginning when I joined the military training. I want to protect the 'kings'. That is all to it..."

"Kings?? You mean... the King? Then you will have to be listed in the top 10 to do so."

"Don't worry about that, madam. The rank doesn't matter for me to reach my goal. We will be leaving. Have a good day, madams, sirs." Ireen then saluted, and turned on her heels before she then followed suit her comrades. The last word left Nerrium in confusion, but seeing how the woman refused to talk any longer, she let it be.

But then, the red-haired suddenly stopped on her track, before she turned again to them. "Though, something did sound off again. If this is mere a test, I wonder... What exactly you meant with the upcoming business that you were talking about last night? Because as far as I know, there's no way you could tell we were eavesdropping. And gave us some hint to help us pass this test." Her gaze landed on Kensei at it sharpened immediately.

"Perhaps... It wasn't merely a test after all..." She said calculatingly before turning away and proceed to leave, totally leaving the other three to ponder back on her statement.

Lieutenant Kensei wasn't looking any good either. His once relief face was replaced with a constipated one as he gritted his teeth silently. Tom, or rather, the instructor-in-assist was exchanging look between the female and the rest of superiors too, as realization finally sunk in.

But before Ireen fully turned, her eyes fell on Commander Erwin, gazing a bit too long over his beautiful blue eyes before made her way.

There was like something she wanted to convey through her eyes, but Erwin couldn't guess well. Afterall... It has been years since the last time he strike a conversation with her. And the last time he did, Ireen was just still a kid with a bored-looking eyes.

But now.. It seemed like the eyes had other purpose when looking at this world.

He wonder what it was......

[Clashing Blades.] © Devilish_red

• Please leave your vote, comment and follow. Thank you so much! •

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

58.6K 1.4K 84
* this story is a wlw story and will tackle heavy subjects The only person that filled the void after having lost your mother was your girlfriend th...
532K 17.6K 27
She's lived outside the walls all her life. When the humans ventured outside Wall Maria, she protected them, and watched over them to the best of her...
37K 1K 43
You are a strong young woman, Y/N Hanzer, who escaped from the Underground City with your best friend, Greg Schneider. But one day, Commander Erwin S...
2.1K 91 25
" 𝗟𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗜 𝗳𝗲𝗹𝘁 𝗜 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗲𝘅𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗹𝘆 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗻𝗲𝗲𝗱𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝗯𝗲 𝗱𝗼𝗻𝗲." - 𝐘/𝐍 This fanfic is season 3 and season 4! Art Credit:...