Losing, Loving, and Choosing...

Door tsookiemonster

Sequel to 10 Stages of Me and You Relationships aren't easy. You work hard to keep it going. It's a plant tha... Meer

I
Ace Of Hearts
Crack In The Wall
Replaceable
Regrets
Cool Down
Pride
Moonlit Promises
Morning Candy
I I
MVP
I Do Love You
Hearts In Sync
Twelve Months
Enough
Powerteam
Moving Forward
Lullaby
I I I
Treasure Map
Treasure Hunt
Treasure Chest
Love Lock
Unrealistic
Clouded Worries
End Note

Over And Over

3.2K 163 47
Door tsookiemonster

☾☆

"My little Saruhiko," [Name] muttered, staring at the newborn wrapped in a blanket in her arms. "I'm glad you got your father's eyes. They're really pretty."

Kei chuckled, leaning towards his wife.

"I think your eyes are still prettier than mine," he said.

"Nothing's prettier than your eyes," she said, not looking away from their son.

"I think you're biased on that."

"Maybe," [Name] said, smiling softly. "Oh look he yawned. His fingers are so cute."

The blond watched Saruhiko wrap his tiny hand around [Name]'s finger. His wife continued to smile at their son with Saruhiko giving her a closed eye smile in return.

"Kei, where are Kaori and Kaito?" [Name] asked, looking at her husband.

"Tadashi's on the way with them. They should arrive anytime soon."

The two suddenly heard a knocking before the door was opened and two young children walked in while being accompanied by their uncle.

"[Nickname], how are you?" Tadashi asked.

"A little tired but okay," she said.

"Mom!" the twins shouted.

[Name] smiled at the two, happy to see them. The young blonds ran to the side of the hospital bed and stood on their tiptoes to look at their younger brother.

"Saru's so cute!" Kaori said, her eyes almost sparkling with the happiness it held.

"His eyes are so pretty!" Kaito said, amazed.

"Told you so," [Name] said to Kei who only chuckled as a response.

"You only say that because you can't see how pretty yours are."

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

Kei raised his head from his crossed arms that were on the bed. He looked at his wife who was, in turn, looking at Saruhiko who was asleep on his little bed that the hospital provided for now. Her eyes then drifted to the twins who were fast asleep on one of the tufted benches inside the room. A soft smile was on her lips as she looked at the three of them.

"You should be resting," Kei said.

"How can I sleep when I'm being surrounded by the people I love the most," [Name] said, placing her hand over one of Kei's. "Thank you."

"For what?" he asked.

"For everything. For this life I have now. For our family. For choosing me."

The blond stood up from the small stool he was and took a seat beside his wife. He gently wrapped his arms around her, careful not to hurt her since she just recently tired herself out from giving birth.

"I should be the one thanking you. Without you, a lot of this wouldn't even be how it is right now," he said, pulling away from the hug after he finished talking.

"Alright, let's share the credit," [Name] said, smiling while her hand was on his cheek.

Kei placed his hand over hers and gave a kiss to her palm-- leaning on it afterward while facing her.

"Imagine if I never applied to be a manager for the volleyball club, what would've happened?" [Name] asked, removing her hand from his cheek.

"We'd probably still meet around our second year since we'll be in the same class by then," the blond replied.

"I don't think so."

"And that's because?"

"I only worked harder because of you," she said.

"I don't think I've ever heard of that story," Kei said, with a little surprised look in his eyes.

"You always told me I am a big contribution to the person you are now. I always thought you knew that you were the same for me."

"Is that so?"

[Name] giggled. She knew she was currently giving her husband a big ego boost with what she was saying.

"You're one of the reasons I stayed in the volleyball club in the first place. I'm sure you heard from my dad or mom before that I wasn't really a committed person," she said.

"Dad told me that when I first met him. I knew you stayed for the team, but me being a big part of it was something I only heard now."

"Well, you are."

"Care to share why?" Kei said, a smirk on his face.

"I was always drawn to you. Even before I started liking you. Something just made me want to continue being by your side. Probably to tease you."

Kei chuckled.

"And how about the part where I was the reason you worked harder to change your class?"

"Remember how you taught me volleyball? I was the type to always try something new but still, I wouldn't continue with it. I'd always go back to what I was before. Something in me was scared of making a mistake so whenever I see myself slipping up, I pull back before I could even make a mistake. I didn't wanna disappoint anyone so before I can, I stop. You could call me a play-it-safe try-er.

"I never tried to put more effort into studying before because I knew it meant pushing myself. Being in Class 1-3 was the perfect class for me at that time. It was effortless to stay there. If I was in your class, I'd have to continue working hard to keep myself there. Once I crumble, I'd fail. I didn't want to show my parents grades that told them I wasn't as great as I was told to be.

"When you started teaching me volleyball, I honestly wanted to pull back after a few tries. I was failing so much. I didn't want to put you through that trouble anymore but you, despite all my failed attempts, didn't care. I apologized to you for failing so many times and all you told me was that you didn't care. You'd constantly tease and snicker at me, but you never looked disappointed."

"You looked funny when you kept missing the ball. I could still remember," Kei said, snickering.

"Hey!" [Name] said, giving her husband a short-lived glare for interrupting her and giving that comment. "Anyways, that helped me push myself.

"Maybe it was because I liked you or something else at that time. Whatever it was, it gave me the confidence to try harder. If I never asked you to teach me volleyball, I'd be someone different. Can you believe that? Something as simple as that changed my life."

"I can believe it," Kei said. "Just because they're little doesn't mean they don't have a big impact."

"I'm so happy I chose to do what I did. I'm happy I chose to become the manager. I'm happy I chose to stay. I'm happy I met you there."

"Me too," he said.

"Even if I'm given the chance to rewrite my life, I'd still choose the same choices over and over," [Name] said.

"That's cheesy," Kei said, smirking.

"What," she said, raising her eyebrow. "You wouldn't choose the same choices as well?"

"Who said I wouldn't?" the blond said.

Kei placed his hand on her cheek, his thumb moving against her cheek a couple of times.

"Whatever other future I might have, I'd still turn them down if it isn't with you, Kaito, Kaori, and Saruhiko."

"Even if you'd be rich beyond compare?" she asked.

"Who cares about money when I have something priceless with me already? Nothing can ever replace my family."

"Now that's cheesy," [Name] teased, placing her hand over his hand that was still on her cheek-- leaning against it.

"Oh shut up," Kei said, planting a kiss on her forehead before removing his hand from her cheek. "Now rest."

"Alright, alright." [Name] laid down the bed, smiling at her husband. "I love you."

"I love you too."

Kei smiled at the sight of his wife who now had her eyes closed. He looked at where Saruhiko and the twins were before looking at his wife again.

"You're a choice I'm willing to make over and over everyday as long as I'm here."

☾☆

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

21.7K 328 41
βπ“πŽ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 ππ”ππ‹πˆπ‚ π„π˜π„, 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐒𝐄 π“π–πŽ 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝑱𝑼𝑺𝑻 𝑭𝑹𝑰𝑬𝑡𝑫𝑺. 𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 π“π–πŽ π‘π„π€π‹π‹π˜ π‚π‹πŽπ’π„ π…π‘πˆπ„ππƒπ’, ππŽπ“π‡...
36.1K 777 21
[EDITING] γ€Ž π˜πŽπ” πŒπ€πŠπ„ 𝐌𝐘 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓 π†πŽ π‡πŽπŽπ“ π‡πŽπŽπ“! 』 π™žπ™£ π™¬π™π™žπ™˜π™ ↝ ...
404K 10.6K 22
HEAVILY EDITED SINCE FIRST PUBLISHED your life sucks because you live with your abusive mother who hurts you all the time. but when you start a new...
2.8K 21 24
This story is about y/n (who is commonly referred to as "you") and Tsukishima whos relationship grows throughout the year. This story is going to be...