A Gilbert or a Parker?

By KaiLivesForever

Seraphina Gilbert was adopted by The Gilberts when she was four years old after being abandoned on their door... More

Cast
Aesthetic's
Mom? (1)
Twisted Lullaby (3)
Little Monster (4)
Aftermath (5)
Possessive tendencies (6)
Life Explained (7)

Beautiful Devil (2)

3.1K 86 22
By KaiLivesForever

I watched as Jo Laughlin's hand went to cover her mouth in shock. Behind her, Alaric gasped as the words registered.

She walked forward slowly until she was directly in front of me. She reached out and placed her palm on one side of my face.

She did it with such care as if she couldn't believe that I was actually there.

I closed my eyes and leaned into her palm.

For the first time in years, I felt at home.

I felt a tear escape from my eye, falling slowly down my face.

A voice in the back of my head reprimanded me for appearing vulnerable.

But I ignored it, focusing on Jo.

I could feel more tears well up in my eyes as my long lost Mother wiped the lone tear away with her thumb.

"My little angel..." Jo whispered.

The words echoed in my mind and a sob erupted from my chest.

The tears were flowing free now.

And I felt Jo's hands leave my face as she pulled me against her, wrapping her arms around me tightly.

I slowly lifted my arms to wrap around her as well.

Then, I moved my head so I could bury it in the crook of her neck.

She smelled like strawberries, oranges, and lavender with a hint of anesthesia.

But to me, it smelled like home...

I could feel Jo's body shaking as she cried into my hair.

At some point, we both stopped crying.

I had no idea how long we stood there in each other's arms.

It could have been a minute.

Or over half an hour.

But in the end, I didn't really care.

She pulled back first and lifted my chin, looking into my eyes.

Then, she moved back even more and looked me over.

Jo gave a watery laugh, "You are so beautiful."

"So are you," I said, voice hoarse.

A voice cleared off to the side and we both turned to look at Alaric.

"What the hell is going on?"

Jo and I exchanged a look.

How were we going to explain this?

    **TimeSkip**

After we gave Alaric a brief explanation, Jo brought me back to her apartment so we could talk without interruptions.

I took a seat on the couch in her living room and she sat beside me.

I looked at her, "What did I do to make you send me away?"

"Oh, Hunny. It wasn't you...I didn't want to do it but there was no other option, I did it to keep you safe." She said, reaching out to take my hand.

"Why?" I asked, pulling away and standing up. "Tell me why?! For years I wondered what I did wrong. I would ask myself every night before I went to bed, why I wasn't enough. So, please...I deserve the truth."

"When you were a child, you were constantly being watched to see if you were a siphoner like my brother, your father." She started.

"And when you turned two, you siphoned for the first time but thankfully no one else saw it happen except for me. So I kept it a secret from the rest of the family and began to work with you to see if I could help you gain control over your abilities" She looked down at her hands. "I knew the danger you would be in if my dad, your grandfather, found out."

She sighed, "However, it became very clear, very quickly, that you had zero control over your powers and I realized that I needed to do something to protect you as my dad was made your legal guardian when your biological mother passed away. And when I realized the likelihood of them learning the truth after I left for my residency, I tricked my dad into signing over parental rights to me and I officially adopted you."

"Wait...you adopted me?" I asked, eyes wide in shock. "To try and prevent your dad from having control over me?"

"Yes and no. Yes, I adopted you but it wasn't just to protect you as I was already planning on adopting you, it just made it happen sooner than later."

I sit back down beside Jo. "What happened?"

"Two Years after I adopted you, you siphoned my dad accidentally and he blew up. He met with the Gemini Coven Council and I eavesdropped in on the meeting. I learned that they were planning to either send you to a prison world or kill you. "

I tensed at that.

"So then and there I made the decision to send you away. Once I gave you up, I faked your death so they wouldn't come looking for you. Once that was done, I left my coven for good." Jo hid her face as she wiped the corner of her eye. "I understand if you want nothing to do with me, you need to do what's best for you."

There was silence, as I processed what she said.

Then I snorted, causing her to look at me confused.

"Seriously? You honestly think I don't want anything to do with you?" I asked in disbelief. "I'm sorry but that's utter bullshit."

She stared at me surprised.

"Obviously I want you to be my mom, was me crying in your arms not enough of a clue?" I stated. "You're my mom, the only one I've ever had, nothings going to change that."

Jo let out a watery laugh, "So I don't suppose you want to tell me about yourself? As I'm sure your favorite food isn't mashed sweet potatoes anymore."

"Sweet potatoes? Ew...what was wrong with little me?" I asked, grossed out. Then, I shook my head. "How about we take turns asking questions and we both have to answer them?"

Jo smiled, "That sounds like a great idea."

"Alright, I'll go first." I thought for a moment about what I should ask before deciding to start simple. "What's your favorite color?"

"Mmm, yellow," Jo answered.

"Nice, mine's turquoise," I said. "Your turn."

"What is your favorite food?" She asked.

"O negative...or do you mean actual food?" I said.

Her eyes widened in shock, "You're a vampire?"

"Heretic, actually," I replied. "Siphon-Vampire Hybrid. Turned 3 years ago."

"I had no idea." Jo shook her head. " It doesn't matter. My favorite food is sushi."

We went on like this for the next few hours before moving onto talk on our lives. I learned that after Jo completed medical school, she was a medic in the army for a while, and I told her about the adventures of being the adoptive sister of the doppelganger.

"I just gonna tell you now, ignore everything the others say about the Original Vampire Family. They are extremely badass-"

There was a knock on the door.

Jo looked over and motioned to me to stay put as she got up.

She looked through the peephole to see who it was and the second she did, she relaxed.

She opened the door, revealing a young man and woman in their twenties. They both had blonde hair and were staring at Jo expectantly.

The second the door was open, the girl pushed past Jo and walked straight up to me.

"So you're my niece?" She abruptly asked.

My eyes widened, and I glanced at Jo and the guy. Jo nodded.

I look back at the blonde, "Depends, who are you?"

"My name is Liv Parker and the shy one over there is my twin brother Luke."

I raised my eyebrows, "I would say it's nice to meet you but it hasn't been that long yet so we'll see."

Both of them looked at me in surprise, while Jo just looked exasperated.

Jo turned to her younger siblings, "How did you guys find out?"

Liv smirked, "Welll, I heard from Tyler.."

"Who heard from Jeremy.." Luke piped up.

"Who heard from Elena..." Liv continued.

Then Luke said. "Who heard from Damon."

"Who heard from Alaric." They finished in unison.

I just looked between the two.

Are all twins like that?

Jo rolled her eyes, "Why are you here then?"

"What, we can't meet our niece who is the daughter of our insane older brother and adopted daughter of our older sister?" Liv questioned, looking offended.

"That reminds me isn't she supposed to be like eighteen?" Luke asked, looking confused

I shrugged, "I'm a vampire-witch hybrid."

Both of them stared at me.

"What?" Liv asked.

While Luke just narrowed his eyes thoughtfully, "How?"

"I was originally a siphon witch, and I didn't lose that ability when I turned so now I have a constant source of magic to siphon from." I explained.

Liv was frowning, "That shouldn't exist."

"Maybe it should, maybe it shouldn't." I responded, "Don't know, don't care"

After that, the twins stayed over for a bit before leaving. However, before Liv left she invited me to come to see her at her work the next day and I agreed, not seeing any reason not to.

May as well get to know my newfound family.

Then, I said goodbye to Jo, saying I was going to go back to my hotel. Before I left, we exchanged numbers and she hugged me goodbye.

When I left the apartment complex, I walked down the street searching for the perfect place to...have some fun.

I hadn't had a good hunt in over a week, blood bags were only so good for quenching my thirst but it did nothing for my other urges.

When I was walking past a wooded area, I heard a party that was more likely a gathering of friends in the distance.

Well, well, well, if it wasn't their unlucky day.

I cocked my head to the side, trying to pinpoint the exact location.

I felt a nasty grin appear on my face as I realized the group was 10 miles into the woods.

Far away from civilization.

I looked around, making sure no one was in sight before moving off the sidewalk towards woods.

"Invisique."

I disappeared.

Then I used my vampire speed to reach to party in a few minutes.

There were twelve of them.

They looked to be between the ages of 15 and 18.

I looked around, spotting a lone teenager leaning against a tree.

He was probably only 16 and had sandy blonde hair that was purposely messed up.

I sped over to him and sped him a short distance away, slamming him into a tree.

He looked around frightened, not able to see me, so I took off the cloaking spell,

"Hello there," I purred.

Then I allowed the veins around my eyes to show.

And hissed showing my fangs.

He gasped in shock, terrified. "P-please d-don't h-hurt m-me"

I smirked amused, which revealed my fangs, which peeked out from my bottom lip.

"Ohhh you're a cute one, I might keep you for a bit before I kill you." I whispered, seductively.

"Now, Stay here and don't move." I compelled.

He repeated my words and sat down against the tree.

After I did that I went back for the other 11 and compelled them all to sit down in a circle and do everything I say.

God...whatever would I do without compulsion?

Then I grabbed a round table and collapsed it. When I brought it back to the group, I grabbed a glass bottle as well, putting the items in the middle of the circle with the bottle on top of the table.

"Now who wants to place spin the bottle?" I grinned, innocently. "Except, instead of you kissing the other person, you're going to kill them."

And I know you're wondering why I'm doing this...well Kol taught me that one of the best ways to get your victims blood pumping besides compelling them to run was to make them watch a friend be murdered in front of them by another friend.

It's less running and more fun.

They all stared at her fearfully.

"Fun, right?"

I walked around them.

"Eeny"

I pat a girl on the head as I passed.

She whimpered pathetically.

"Meeny" I whispered in the next person's ear.

They shuddered

"Miny"

I ruffled the hair of the first boy.

"Moe"

I stopped behind a brunette and placed my hands on his shoulders.

"Spin the bottle" I pushed him forward.

He hesitantly reached out, hands shaking.

He spun the bottle.

It spun and spun.

Once...

Twice...

I used my magic to make it stop.

It froze, pointing at a red-haired girl with a pixie cut.

Her eyes widened, and she looked at me pleadingly.

I clapped my hands excitedly and looked at the brunette.

"Look at me." I whispered as I run my fingers along the curve of his neck. I watched amused as the hairs on the back on his neck stood on there ends.

He slowly turned his head towards me, gulping fearfully.

My sights locked on the pulsing vein on his neck and I felt my fangs slide out as I felt the urge to drain him dry.

I shook my head and ignored rising hunger. I looked him in the eyes.

"What is your name?"

His lips trembled, "N-nathan"

"Well, Natalia, come with me." I said, holding out my hand.

He hesitantly took it and I pulled him up.

I moved us a few feet away from the others.

"Stay here." I told him. Then I went and grabbed my backpack off the ground and opened it, pulling out a dagger.

I walked back over to Nathan and gave him the dagger.

Then I walked back over to little miss pixie cut and pulled her up by the arm.

She immediately started struggling but she was no match for my vampire strength.

"Don't run" I ordered and threw her to the ground in front of the boy.

I walked past the girl to the boy and looked him in the eyes which were now filled with tears.

I grinned sadistically.

"I want you to kill her in the most creative way you can think of."

His eyes begged me to not do this.

My eyes darkened dangerously.

"NOW." I snarled.

He nodded fearfully and walked around me to get to the girl, gripping the dagger so tightly that his knuckles were white.

I moved over to the side to watch the show.

He knelt down in front of the girl and she stared at him terrified.

He slammed the knife into her chest.

Her scream echoed the forest.

I closed my eyes, listening to the racing heartbeats of my soon to be victims.

Nathan began to carve out her heart as she sobbed uncontrollably.

The stench of blood surrounded them and I could barely contain myself.

Moments later, the girl's heart rested in Nathans's hand as the girl laid dead.

He turned to look at me through blurred eyes.

"You're a monster."

I smirked, "Yes, I am."

Then I sped forward and pressed him against a tree.

I grabbed the knife from his hand and slowly licked the blade clean, not even blinking as it cut my tongue.

I swallowed and considered the boy.

He appeared to be around 17 and was actually quite cute.

Maybe I'll let him live.

I reached up and slowly turned his head, revealing his neck. My fangs slid out and positioned my mouth right over his main vein and glazed my fangs along his skin.

They drew blood, and I ran my tongue over the wound.

O Negative.

Aka the honey of blood types.

My vampire face came out full force and I tore into his throat.

His scream turned into a gurgle.

And I swallowed mouthful after mouthful.

The body went limp against the tree as he fell unconscious but I didn't stop.

A moment later, the boy was drained dry.

I released him and he fell to the ground like a rag doll.

I licked my lips.

"Delicious." I moaned.

I walked sped and grabbed another girl from behind and sunk my teeth in deeply.

She started struggling so I snapped her arm causing her to cry out.

I bit deeper and a second later her head popped off.

I stared at the head.

"Oops...my bad." I said, awkwardly scratching my head.

I then turned to the last nine, and a feral look appeared on my face.

Ten minutes later, they were all dead except for the first boy I compelled.

I turned to him and smiled warmly, "What's your name?"

He stared at me incredulously.

"Don't make me repeat myself." I growled, narrowing my eyes.

"Andrew." He whispered, looking surprisingly calm for someone who just watched a bunch of his friends be murdered in front of him.

Maybe he's in shock?

Eh, who cares.

"Now what am I going to do with you?" I inquired, circling him like a wolf.

Get it?

Cause I'm a vampire and werewolves are our enemies.

No? Not funny?

Hmph...Tough crowd.

He glared at me, "If you're not going to kill me, then go away."

"Ohhh, someone just put on big boy pants." I mocked.

I considered him, "Your new-found confidence is very inspiring."

He rolled his eyes, "You're an evil demon. A monster from the deepest pits of hell."

"Oh, Aiden-"

He interrupted.

"-My name is Andrew." He snapped, angrily.

"Yes, that's what I said, now stop interrupting me" I replied rolling my eyes. "ANYWAY, back to what I was saying-"

"-Why would I listen to what a monster like you?" He interrupted.

A-freaking-GAIN.

My hand shoots out, calling my magic forward and gave him an aneurism.

"Ahhhhhhhhh" He cried out, and fell to his knees, clutching his head.

I watched bored "I'm not a monster."

I walked forward and knelt down in front of him.

I reached out and used my pointer finger to force his head up, so I could look him in the eyes.

"I'm the devil."

My hand shoots forward and a second later he falls to the ground, his heart in my hand. I tip my hand over, allowing the heart to fall to the ground.

My eyes glowed in the darkness

And then I was gone...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

White Sins By

Fanfiction

1M 28.2K 30
In which Ashley Gilbert is the albino twin sister to Elena Gilbert and meets the infamous Original hybrid... Seasons 2-4 #1 elenagilbert #1 theorigin...
446K 11.4K 41
Henrik Mikaelson has been reincarnated as Jeremy Gilbert, the younger brother of Elena Gilbert - the latest Petrova Doppelganger whom Klaus is determ...
13.7K 544 21
The Vampire Diaries Season One to TBD Kai Parker x OC
64.7K 1.8K 11
Jazmine Potter goes with a friend of her's to New Orleans to try and find her friends family, but what turns out to be a small trip turns permanent. ...