Number 9: The Genetically Mod...

By everyday_imstumblin

-Completed- [Definitely not your average Werewolf story, if you expect love at first sight - please thou sha... More

Number 9
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15 Part l
Chapter 15 Part ll
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21 Part I
Chapter 21 Part ll
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29 Part I
Chapter 29 Part II
Epilogue

Chapter 13

49.6K 1.9K 856
By everyday_imstumblin

Just a quick reminder from the last chapter both Nine and Slade were in wolf form so the story continues from there. I’m telling you this coz I forgot…meep.

P.S Boy, do I have some pretty bad news for your guys after you read this chapter! And it's true!! So there's nothing you can do! Ha! Ha!

P.SS I'm not lying and this is not a prank thing that i tend to do from time to time... hehe!!

***

“Should I still give you a chance?” Nine questioned, watching the male intensely.

His decision will determine her future.

Slade felt like a ton of bricks crashed down on him. Now he understands his mate’s hesitation. She must think she’s not worthy to be a part of a pack and that she must always be treated like a monster.

However, Slade knew her she was right.

As an Alpha, he must think of his pack – making sure everyone is safe but then again, Nine was his mate and he could not live without her.

He ran a hand through his hair, messing it up as he pondered.

The answer was obvious but Slade hesitated only to find the right words to say to her. He did not want her to think that she was alone. Nine needs to know that he was there for her – that he will find a way to help her control the beast within her.

“Let me help you.” He said finally, looking up at her.

Nine tilted her head in confusion.

“We’ll find a way for you to gain better control, so you may be able to stop it before the beast takes command.” Slade explained and waited for her response nervously.

Her eyes showed her hesitance. Nine could not see anything bad about his offer and finally nodded her head. Either way she was the one benefitting most. Maybe she could learn how to survive with the beast?

Little did she know, Nine made a particular Alpha’s day. Slade forced himself to hide his excitement. At last he could be with his mate!

His emerald eyes shone brightly like a gem in the sunlight. Slade wanted nothing more than to spend more time and bond with his mate before he informed his family and friends of the good news.

And that’s what he planned to do.

He still had time to show his beautifully stubborn mate around. Slade was going to make sure he only showed places with barely anyone around, it was just going to be him and his mate.

Ah – the excitement was killing him.

Ok Slade, play it cool – you got this. He pumped himself up mentally.

“Thank you! Y-You won’t regret it!” Slade couldn’t contain the happiness in his voice and the way he rubbed his head against hers – almost groaning out in pleasure.

Dammit Slade – you idiot! He scolded himself and prepared for his mate to snap at him but to his utter surprise, Nine just dismissed him with a glare.

No bite? He thought.

If he was human, Slade would be grinning like a fool. Guess a wolfish grin would do for now!

Nine continued to glare at the strange male. She did not know that Alpha’s acted like those little brats, as Tori referred them to. She thought the term meant something bad, but she shrugged it off as a pack thing.

“D-Do you want to continue with the tour?” The Alpha asked her nervously, “I’ll show you places with less people around if that makes you more comfortable?”

Nine’s eyes lit up. Eagerly nodding, she wagged her tail.

The Alpha yipped happily and started to bolt to the left. Nine’s instincts kicked in and she was off on the Alpha’s heels. They were equally match and Slade was more than pleased. Nine was perfect to be his Luna. She was the only Werewolf to match Slade in speed, strength and power.

She really was made for me, he thought with a soft smile.

Feeling her nip at his heels, Slade grinned and then picked up his speed.

“Let’s see you keep up now!” he teased through the link.

Upon hearing her growl, Slade let out a carefree howl. Together they ran, feeling their muscles flex and blood pump throughout their body.

Nine never felt so alive. So many new things she was experiencing that day. Never had she run so freely before. Smelt things. Seen new objects. She was finally living – just like Dexter said she would.

They reached a clear lake. It was one of Slade’s favorite spots, especially when he just wanted to spend time to himself.

Nine’s curiosity got the better of her as she began to play.

“There’s so much water!” she exclaimed to the Alpha who stood back and watched as she cautiously walked up to it and lightly dipped her paw inside. She twisted her head and looked excitedly at the male.

Slade chuckled at the way her tongue stuck of her mouth. Her childlike innocence was so adorable. Not wanting to be left out, Slade jogged to stand by her side.

Nine peered down into the water and saw small objects swimming inside.

“Are those fish?” She asked, eyes bright as she stared at them.

“Yes. Their a bit too small to go to the deep end, so they stay near the edge for safety from bigger predators.” Slade explained whilst gazing at his mate with a loving expression.

Nine barked happily and then peered to her right, “Look how big that rock is!” she gasped and ran up to it – Slade seconds behind her. “It’s bigger than me!” Nine jumped on top of it and looked around wildly. The boulder was in the shallow water but it expanded out near the deep end.

“Nine be careful! I don’t want you to fall in the water.” Slade said as the ever worried mate.

Barely listening, Nine continued on with her searching. “This place is so awe-awe-” she paused only to frown a little when she didn’t know the word.

“Awesome.” Slade filled in, becoming amused.

Nine let out a little giggle and Slade felt himself melt at his mate. Goddess, she had him so tightly wrapped around her finger.

“Right! Awesome!” She exclaimed, jumping down from the boulder to stand in front of him. “Wait.” She hesitated, her expression turned confused. “Awesome means good right?”

Chuckling, Slade nodded.

His mate perked up once again. “Hey Alpha Slade! Show me something else please!”

“You don’t have to call me Alpha. Slade is just fine.” He told her, hoping to hear her say his name again. Boy, did he love the way it sounds coming from her.  

Nine’s body changed to one of hesitance, making Slade puzzled.

“Not yet.” She whispered softly, looking at him with those huge cat eyes.

Not wanting to push her, he nodded and then began to lead her somewhere else. For the next couple of hours, Slade showed his mate different places in the woods, from the cliff side to the clearing with blossoming flowers. Nine was beginning to trust him and it showed whenever she would brush up against or lightly nip him to gain his attention, even though Slade never looked away from her.

The bonding continued on for a couple of days. Slade took the time to teach his mate how to interact with other Werewolves. He may have had to ‘convince’ (or command) them to meet his intimidating mate and their future Luna but once Nine realized they were too weak to be a threat to her, she began to loosen up around them and vise versa.

There were a few close calls but Slade was able to notice the signs in time and quickly took Nine somewhere peaceful.

Once Slade thinks his mate knows that none of the pack members will attack her, he will start to bring in his warriors who will definitely seem like a threat to her. But for now he will stick with the lower members of the pack and children.

“Hey Alpha!”

A voice made Slade twist around to face them. He was currently on his way to see his mate. Sadly though, he could not convince Nine to start living in the pack house and still goes every night to the cell. He still sleeps outside her window but Slade got the idea of fixing the small cabin that resided near the lake so Nine could live there instead of the jailhouse.

It was quite old and empty. It had everything in one room, a kitchen, bathroom and a wide area that was left blank. Slade wanted Nine to put whatever she wanted there but for now it was preoccupied by a very large bed that could fit Nine’s wolf since she was more comfortable in that form.

Slade paid top dollar to make sure it was extra luxuries. He would give anything for his Queen.

The only thing missing was a roommate. Slade could not help himself but order the cabin to be extended so another room could be made just for him. That would mean that he could sleep in peace knowing his Queen was just a wall away. That calmed his wolf and allowed Slade to sleep soundly at night.

He’d actually came up with this idea a few days after Nine’s first arrival at the pack and slept in the cell. Right about now the cabin should be almost done.

And just like he predicted, a middle aged man reported to him that the project should be done the next day. Slade was more than excited to tell his mate the good news. They were on good terms and only a few times she would snap at him, although it was a better improvement than when they first met.

With a permanent grin on his face, Slade jogged hastily towards his mate who was waiting outside the jailhouse. Nine was watching Nolan curiously as he showed her the magic trick with the disappearing coin that suddenly reappears behind her ear.

Ryan and Nolan have also been getting close to Nine much to Slade’s annoyance. But it was a given, they needed to build up they own kind of bond because Slade trusted his friends with his life. If there were ever a problem, Slade would make sure Nine was with his two most strongest warriors who will protect their Luna with their lives.

Slade gazed at his adorable mate as she tried to figure out how Nolan was doing the trick. Her face was scrunched up in annoyance but her eyes looked determined.

When Slade saw that his Queen was becoming frustrated and angry, he quickly intervened before it turned ugly. Nine may have control but when her emotions run high than the beast was sure to appear.

“Nine!” he called out making her snap her head towards him. Waving her over, Slade saw Nine shoot a glare at an amused Nolan before jogging up to him.

“How does he do it?!” Nine grumbled to Alpha Slade once she was in front of him. 

He chuckled at her and placed a hand on her shoulder to calm her. Nine realized that Alpha Slade tended to touch her a lot and it was rather strange. Only Dexter would touch her willingly but now so did the Alpha. She found his touch bizarre compared to Dexter’s. It was like little pin pricks spreading all over her body and it didn’t even hurt, which only added to the strangeness.

“One day you will find out.” He replied with an amused smile.

He began to lead her to the outskirts of the pack house. Nine’s exposure to the members increased every day and soon she would be able to mingle around them without Slade nearby.

Both sat next to each other by the tree-line, quietly watching the Werewolves go along their business. Those brave enough, walked towards the mates to show their respects to their Alpha and Luna, making sure to leave out the term Luna for Nine’s sake. In time, Slade would tell her what she was to him and the pack.

Thinking it would be the perfect time to tell Nine about the cabin, Slade broke the comfortable silence.

“Uh, Nine…” Slade started and rubbed the back of his head.

Moving her eyes to him but keeping her head towards the small children, Nine noted the nervousness and excitement rolling off Alpha Slade.

Once he got her attention Slade continued. “Well, you know how you sleep in the jailhouse, well, I was – I mean I – no, wait!” he cried out, feeling like a complete idiot. He tried again but the more he blabbered the more Nine got confused and stared at him like he was from a different world.

Nine was about to stand up and just leave when she remembered whenever Dexter got really bad with his stuttering, she would always give him a hug because he told her that her hugs calmed him.

Thinking it may help Alpha Slade, she bitterly leaned down and rubbed her large head against his before lightly leaning on his shoulder.

Alpha Slade stopped talking and slowly reached out and curled his arms around her neck. Nine could feel his hot breath brush against her fur which sent a chill through her spine.

Nine was positive that something was wrong with the Alpha. The feelings she got from him were far different than Dexter’s and any other Werewolves she encountered but she couldn’t understand what it was.

It would be best to talk to Dexter about it, Nine thought to herself.

She pulled away and felt the resistance from Alpha Slade who tugged her back and let out a whine.

“One more minute.” He let out a groan and rubbed his face into her soft fur, inhaling her black rose scent.

Goddess, Slade moaned internally, not wanting to freak her out if he moaned out loud. His Queen was fast becoming his drug and if he didn’t see her at least once a day then he would go insane. 

They finally pulled away (mostly on Nine’s part), and Nine looked down at Alpha Slade expectedly as if to ask if the trick worked. Slade was tempted to say no and get another hug but he held himself back.

“Thanks.” He smiled, eyes brighter than before. “I needed that.”

“Good because if you didn’t stop then I would’ve bitten your head off and be done with it.” Nine replied without an ounce of playfulness.

Used to her threats, Slade simply chuckled deeply. He took no offence to any of her violent comments, no matter how true they may be.

“Right, sorry. Uh well, I was trying to say is-”

“Slade! Honey!”

Slade let out a loud groan of annoyance when he spotted his mother jogging up to them.

Can I not get a moment of peace with my Queen? He thought with a sour pout.

His mate had not met his mother yet and he could only pray that she wouldn’t run away from her overpowering personality.

“There you are, I was looking all over for you!” Lilian said breathlessly but had a large grin on her face. “Your father has told me I would find you here and I am more than ready to meet your mate and my future daughter-in-law!”

Oh damn, Slade thought with wide eyes and stood up. He tried to subtly get across to his mother to just leave but once Lilian was determined, she could be a very persistent person.

“Oh my! Is this her?” She said stunned at the large female. Her reaction similar to the rest of the family that have met Nine.

“Oh my goodness! How did I not see you, you’re so big!” Slade groaned loudly and covered his face in embarrassment.

“Oh Slade imagine my grandkids! They will be so beautiful and strong – I can’t wait until you and your mate complete the bond!” Lilian clasped her hands together and looked off the distance, just thinking about the future with new little pups to take care off.

Slade began to feel him neck and ears burn red.

“Mum!” he hissed.

“Goddess! Where are my manners?!” she gasped, ignoring her son. “I’m Lilian darling.” She moved and wrapped her arms around the frozen she-wolf.

One thing was certain that Slade noticed, Nine could not deal with strong personalities and ends up too stunned to move. It always raises Slade’s ego whenever his mate would look to him for help or to save her.

Goddess, his Queen was just too cute.  

However, this time the task was a lot harder than planned. Lilian was the type of woman who could talk an ear off and then aim for the other. Slade began to get worried with the things his mother said, especially when she blurted about them being mates and the bonding.

“Mum I-”

“You are one beautiful she-wolf I must say!”

“Mother, could you-”

“Oh Slade you are one lucky duck to have her as a mate.” Lilian exclaimed barely noticing her son.

“I know! But maybe you-” Slade tried to squeeze in a sentence but growled in irritation when his mother interrupted yet again. He shot an apologetic look to Nine who was trying to inch herself away from the overly happy female.

Nine began to realize that Alpha Slade’s family had strong willed females. She’d made a mental note to make sure she stayed away from them from now on. Their presence was too alarming for her, kind of like a blast of wind hitting straight through you.

Lilian suddenly gasped at the sight of her watch on her wrist. “Look at the time! I’ve got to go and prepare lunch!” She turned her attention to Nine. “We should catch up again, don’t be shy now!” she winked and then lovingly patted Slade’s cheek before leaving.

Once she was out of range, Slade turned around and apologized deeply to Nine. “I’m so sorry about my mother! She can get a little out of control.” He said but his mate looked like she was in a daze.

Brows dropping, Slade was about to ask if she was okay when Nine cut in.

“That word…” Nine finally snapped out of her frozen state. She turned to Alpha Slade – looking at him with a curious gaze. “Mate.”

Now it was Slade’s turn to freeze.

“I’ve heard you say I was your mate. What does it mean?” she asked almost timidly. Nine figured it was an affectionate word but didn’t know the full meaning.

At first she didn’t think much about it but it seemed to be used a lot in packs as she it picked up from listening to the Werewolves around her. Nine noticed that the word was especially connected to a male and female Werewolf.

Turning her attention back to Alpha Slade, Nine watched at his eyes softened to a light green shade. His gaze was unnerving her because it was so tender and gentle. Something she was barely used to.  

“It means…” Slade paused.

Was it the right time to tell his mate? He thought. Dexter did explain that if Nine did not trust him enough to believe that he was different to Victor than she would surely revert to her old ways. But Goddess was it hard for him not to blurt it out and hope she accepts the bond.

“It means…It means you are special to me.” Slade finally said with a heavy heart. It wasn’t the whole truth but it was something at least.

Nine nods her head thoughtfully. “Oh, so Dexter’s my mate.”

And with that one sentence – Slade snapped.

A burst of envy raged throughout his body, igniting a burning flame. His eyes turned pitch black as his wolf surfaced and he began to roar in anger and jealousy.

NO!” He boomed loudly. “You are MINE! You are my mate no one else’s!” Slade heaved out.  

The reaction was inevitable.

In a second Nine’s eyes glowed crimson red. Fur bristled, muscles tensed. Teeth unsheathed and claws extracted. She was more than ready to attack the Alpha if he so much as twitches.

Slade immediately calmed down.

He had to.

He took a peek to the right and saw the area was filled with pack members watching the scene unfold. He needed to calm his mate or else everyone’s lives was in danger.

Slade took in a lung full of cold air before letting it out slowly. “Nine – I need you to get back into control.” He said slowly and calmly, his arms up as a sign of surrender.

But she was not listening. His actions threatened her and she was going to retaliate.

Dominate him…

A dark voice drifted into her mind just as Nine positioned her body to attack.

She didn’t care that she let the beast take control or that she allowed him to put vivid images of her tearing the Alpha to pieces in her mind.

Make him submit to us…

Nine had that craze look in her eyes before she attacked.

It was half her and the beast, both wanting to terminate the enemy.

Many times, it was the Rogues and Werewolves last sight before they were brutally killed. Maybe they could add an Alpha to that list…

Wonder if Alpha’s blood is different than a Rogues…

The voice said tauntingly and Nine had to agree. She’d never fought a Werewolf equal to her. 

Chest heaving with each lung full of air, her demon red eyes strayed away from the Alpha towards the lingering Wolves. Her tongue came out and licked her muzzle mockingly at the thought of tasting their blood as well as the Alpha’s.

After we deal with the Alpha, how about we have a little fun…

The beast snarled, Nine could feel his sick need to kill making her want to taste their blood too.

A sudden grey object blocked her vision. With her heightened senses, Nine knew the Alpha shifted into his wolf. He was standing in front of her, snapping threateningly. She returned it with a snarl of her own – lifting her head and tail high.

Nine was challenging him for dominance and the Alpha’s position.

Slade sensed the challenge and immediately returned the loud snarls with a warning growl, praying Nine would back down. He did not want to fight his mate but he would have no choice, especially after he saw her predatory gaze travel to his vulnerable pack.

“Nine, calm down!” he tried again but then something sharp pierced his mind, cutting of the mind link and making him wince. It was something he’d never experienced before. He only got a taste of it but it was something so powerful and lethal – he could only guess it was the beast inside of her.

Slade let out a string of curses. The beast was slowly pushing to the surface and his mate was not even fighting it.

He had to get everyone away from her before the beast took over Nine’s body.

“Get everyone out of here! And find Dexter!” Slade shouted through the link when he felt Ryan’s presence nearby. He didn’t have to look to know his Beta followed his orders.

Slade moved himself to make sure he was blocking the pack from Nine’s red eyes. The sight of the wolves running for safety, would surely bring out her hunting instincts. He had to distract her while they get away.

Slade felt his begin to change to attack mode. Right now, he couldn’t treat her like his mate. Too much was at stake if he did. Adrenaline pumped through his body as locked eyes with Nine.

It was the start of the challenge.

Looking away admits defeat and submission.

Nine’s lips curled as she let out a ferocious roar, trying to intimidate the Alpha but he too, snapped back with equal ferocity.

The game was on.

Both Werewolves began to emit their dominance. Their power radiated in the area and those Werewolves who could not escape in time faced the wrath of two very dominant wolves.

Their authority had the pack members falling to their knees, whimpering at the pain in their heads. Even the Beta could not go against their unspoken command.

The two circled each other, both snapping and growling. They were not going to fight but battle something far more fiercer.

As a Werewolf, everything was on the line.

The one who submits first would be controlled by the other, accepting him or her as their Alpha and have no choice but to obey them.

And so it began, both stepped forward, coming face to face with their heads held high – staring the other down. Both exuding their power, trying to make the other surrender by force.

This battle would decide everything.

 Mate or not, in a pack there can only be one dominant Werewolf to rule them all.

****

AHHHHHHHH!!! I WAS SO EXCITED TO UPDATE THIS CHAPTER COZ I WANTED TO READ ALL YOUR WHINING AND CRYING AND GROANING AND yh!!!

So because I am nice-ish, i have decided to ease your minds by giving you three options to guess what happens in the next chapter but only one will be true.

1-  Nine will win.

2-Slade will win.

or

3-Something or someone will interrupt them.

4-Timmy would distract them by walking in front of them...hopefully he dies in that mission!!  

EVERYONE CHOOSE ONLY ONE!!! and we shall see who is correct next time i upload :D)

Don't you just love me!! <3 :3

Well anyway, on to my bad news that you guys read on the top.

I WILL NOT BE UPDATING UNTIL MID JANUARY 2015!!! YAYYYYY!! 

or nah!

The Reason: 

I AM GOING TO DUBAIIIIIIII!!! YAY FOR ME!! booo for you!! SO YAY FOR ME AGAIN!!! 

KEKEEKEK!! i shall be leaving in a couple of days (no, in that time I will not upload)  and when I leave there will be no typing and therefore no updating!

I will still be in contact via my phone via the Wattpad app and that means i can get all your wonderful hateful messages!! XD XD XD 

If i dont answer that means i must be partying in Dubai!! while you guys suffer without knowing the next chapter and i hope it eats away at you guys!! kekekek!!

sigh. I do love crushing your guys dreams... :) well until 2015! 

P.S Suffer with knowing the fact that I know what happens in the next chapter!! Mwhahhahahaaaaaaa!!!! 

*quickly jets off to dubai, leaving you all behind and also making sure none of you tried to sneak into my suitcase - that's right Timmy! Get your fat ass out of there!!!!* 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

113K 7.1K 30
Secrets of the Silver Fox and Company 0.5 Queen of Tricks They call her a thief, a liar, a murderer, a traitor. They call her the Silver Fox and th...
69.8K 3.2K 36
{ I n p r o g r e s s } /ˈwerˌwo͝olf/: a human with the ability to shapeshift into a wolf or a therianthropic hybrid wolf-like creature. After the tr...
2.3M 75.4K 28
She's no hunter. She doesn't mess around. She's the hotest, smartest, powerfulest Protector. She's Cassidy Ruth. Cassidy is full of dark secrets. Onl...
141K 3.2K 10
Alexis is a normal girl during the day she goes to school she gets good grades. At night she is a undefeated street fighter known as the shadow with...