Loving A Stripper (Editing)

By lhiizzy

When her world crashed down to nothing leaving her with a fourteen-year-old sister to fend and protect, Grace... More

Introduction
chapter 1๐ŸŒˆ
chapter 2๐ŸŒ€
chapter 3๐ŸŒž
chapter 4๐ŸŒฉ๏ธ
chapter 5๐Ÿฆ„
chapter 6โ›ฒ
chapter 7 ๐ŸŒ 
chapter 8๐ŸŒพ
chapter 9๐Ÿฅฆ
chapter 10๐ŸŒš
chapter 11๐Ÿฆ‹
chapter 12๐Ÿฌ
chapter 13๐Ÿ•ธ๏ธ
chapter 14๐ŸŒœ
chapter 15โ˜„๏ธ
Chapter 16๐Ÿš•
Chapter 17๐Ÿผ
Chapter 18โ„๏ธ
Chapter 19๐Ÿ๏ธ
chapter 20๐Ÿ›
chapter 21๐ŸŒ˜
chapter 22๐ŸŒ•
chapter 23โœจ
chapter 24๐ŸŒช๏ธ
Chapter 25โš™๏ธ
Chapter 26๐Ÿ–‹๏ธ
Chapter 27๐Ÿš
Chapter 28๐ŸŽ
chapter 29โ™ฃ๏ธ
chapter 30๐Ÿฌ
Chapter 31๐Ÿ’
chapter 32๐Ÿ’ฆ
Chapter 33โœ‚๏ธ
Chapter 34๐Ÿ”ฎ
chapter 35๐Ÿบ
Chapter 37โœด๏ธ
Chapter 38๐ŸŒฒ
Chapter 39๐ŸŽธ
Chapter 40๐Ÿฅ›
Chapter 41๐Ÿ
Chapter 42๐Ÿ’–
Epilogue๐Ÿ†
Authors Note

chapter 36๐ŸŽถ

1.2K 198 18
By lhiizzy

Grace

"Why did you do that?" He inquired, swinging my door open and striding in while I jumped from my bed with my pillow in my hands for protection.

"What did I do?" I asked with still wide eyes.

"Did you hit Cassandra?"

"Yes but-"

"Nothing warrants that Grace. Nothing and you have no excuse, trust me you don't," He said cutting my defence.

"She was fucking holding my neck!" I yelled, throwing the pillow on the bed. For days he circumvented all communications with me and suddenly, he was back picking sides without listening to my part of the story, this alone had me pissed.

"Cassie will never do that."

"You trust her but not me?" I whispered.

"Listen."

"No Kunle... No need. See, I will not let your friend step on me. Infact, just tell her to keep her distance."

He moved closer and I noticed the lines underneath his eyes, his creased forehead and brows. The stress was visible on his face and I felt a great urge to hug him.

"You are fucking unbelievable, you know that? You slapped her for no reason. I should be warning you."

"You should know me better, I don't do things for no reason," I said with folded hands on my chest.

"What about the club? You were walking around the stage half-naked. Do you have a reason for that?"

In disbelief, I stared at him as he turned to leave after dropping the bomb. "Why are you mad at me?" He stopped before the door while I waited for an answer.

Seeing I wasn't getting an answer soon enough, I pushed further, "Is it because I was dancing half-naked or your friend?"

This time, he did respond but with the slamming of the door as he walked out.

***

Kunle

I saw no need to ponder on her question. It was clear and even a blind man could see the jealousy crawling in my eyes. When Cassandra made her complaint I knew she had done something crazy to push Grace to a raging point.

"Good evening Kunle." Natalie's voice drew me to reality as she passed a glass of juice to me before taking her seat on the sofa in the sitting room.

"Evening dear."

"Are you guys fighting again?"

I veered and caught her eyes which stared with seriousness. "Again?"

She furrowed her brows like a detective and nodded. "Yes again. But I need you to know cassava is at fault."

I burst into laughter which resulted in me spilling my drink and coughing as I gazed at her. "Why will you ever call someone that?"

"She has been rude to everyone. And I dislike her."

"Really?" Placing my glass of juice on the stool beside me, I uncrossed my legs and leaned forward with my hands tangled loosely together.

"Yes...I am sure Linda is scared of telling you all this. So go talk to sister mi."

"You won't understand, it's not that easy."

"I am fourteen not five, I know you like her so go sort things out."

"Was it that obvious?" I inquired, adjusting my shirt.

"Well yes. But don worry she like's you," she assured, smiling as I moved towards the stairs.

I stopped, turned to her and noticed her attention was now fixed on the television screen.

***

I strode into her room, this time after knocking and getting no response from her side.

"What offence did I commit again?" She inquired, turning to face me with a pillow clutched to her stomach as she laid crawled to her side.

"Nothing, I am here to say sorry."

She said nothing and only her stares that were hooked no mine showed she heard all I said.

I pushed aside the pillows and laid facing her. "I am sorry."

"I was also at fault I won't deny that, but you need to listen to my side of the story," she replied after seconds of silence.

"I know and I am sorry about that."

"You are forgiven." She smiled. "So what was making you mad? The slap or dance?"

"Dance," I said, probably too quickly.

"I thought as much...Dancing is part of me and I can't do without it long." she paused, biting down her lips before smiling, this time a sad one. "Well, I don't think you will understand, you don't know me."

"I want to know you...I want to know everything about you," I said and tilted her head with my index finger, bringing her to my eye level.

"That's creepy," she grinned.

"I am creepy...like a beast at night." She punched my chest and I held on to it feigning pains while she burst into laugher.

"What's your favourite meal?" I inquired when the laughing drifted.

"I don't have a preference."

"Not surprising, you are a glutton, you can eat anything... I mean, I've seen you in action and it's scary," I said, recalling the morning I caught her eating in the kitchen.

"Atleast you know...What about you?"

"Well..." I turned and placed my hands underneath my head as I laid face up. "Just give me well-pounded yam and egusi soup, I will marry you. Before you criticise me, I know it's not a Yoruba man's meal but I love it anyway."

She popped on her elbow with her brows raised. "Are you giving me tips?"

"Yes, and if you are intelligent you will get a pen and write all I say down."

"Abeg jor," She said and laid back down.

"Dancing, how did you learn to dance so well? You had me hooked the first night I saw you on a pole."

"Really?"

"Yeap. You were like a snake but I was more scared of you falling and breaking your waist."

"You dey craze," she said, erupting into laughter.

"I know baby. Oya Answer me."

"I started ballet classes when I turned ten, Mum thought I was flexible  enough to do those ballet flips but then stopped when I clocked sixteen I got bored"

"You don't look bored on stage, you look like a burning flame," I said as I faced her.

"Can I ask a question?"

"Yeap."

"What happened to your mum?"

It was a question I never saw coming. A question that had me frozen like a statue.

"You don't have to talk about it if it makes you uncomfortable."

"No it's fine," I said scratching my head and smiling. The topic was a sour one, especially when the flashes of how she died floated through my brain.

"Kunle, you don't have to talk about it."

Ignoring her words that we're more like a plea, I said, "She died of cancer."

"I'm sorry for bringing it up."

Caressing her cheeks, I placed a kiss on her forehead. "It's not your fault. Now tell, what was your plan before the death of your parent?"

"After graduating, I planned on getting married, have kids atleast one before I clocked 24 years." She paused. "Mum needed grandchildren, boys for that matter."

"And you are 23?" I furrowed my brows, deep in thought.

She nodded.

"You have a year to make that dream come true. There is time."

"How?"

"Marry me," I whispered into her ears with seriousness that was taken for granted as she pulled away laughing.

"You are crazy, I hope you know?"

"How?"

"We are not dating, I know you like me but do you love me?"

"Well, what I feel for you can't be measured," I said, pulling her close till the tips of our nose's touched.

Perfect match.

"Is it love?"

"Honestly, I don't know,"  I said breathing, the same hot air with her. Withever she gave, I was ready to take, as long as I could hold her like this forever.

"Kunle." Her voice was a whisper that made my heart race.

"Yeah."

"You don't have to rush things."

I nodded and placed a kiss on her lips. I missed her taste, the lashes of her tongue, her soft moans but I pushed all this aside and pulled out.

***

"I need a favour from you. I went through Amina's collections again and got confused. Just like last time," I said, nudging my office door open.

"I think you will be rushing things. Are you sure about this?" She inquired, the excitement could be seen in her brown pupil but she did well in suppressing those in her voice.

"I know. I know just can't help it." I stood before my desk, staring at Joy.

"You could wait a little."

Taking my seat, I brought out my laptop and hurriedly typed on it. "I will but, let's place the order.

"I love this one." I passed my laptop to her and watched her smile.

"It's perfect."

"This is it... Place the order, Joy. I-" my words were cut by the buzzing of my phone.

"Yes sir."

Swaying around on my office chair, I picked the call. "Hey bro."

"Temi just came out of the labour room, it's a baby boy," Kenneth said.

I felt an overflowing stream of joy with the news and couldn't help smiling. "Congrats bro."

"I am just exhausted."

"I know, I know. Tell her I will be in Abuja tomorrow. Can't wait to see my God son."

"I hear.  Guy bring your assistant or she will murder you for real."

"Yes sir, " I said now standing. The moment he ended the car, I cleared my desk and called Joy back in.

***

"Why are you calling when you are in the compound?" She inquired as I stepped out of the car.

"Where are you?"

"Swimming pool," she said, plainly with boredom in her voice.

Immediately, I ended the call, slammed the door shut and rushed to where the pool was located behind the building.

She swam to the edge of the pool where I stood with my sleeves folded.

"Hey."

"Hey." I squatted before her smiling sheepishly as my eyes trailed her swimming suite of lemon panties and bra.

"You are home early, it's just six."

"I recalled you said you were bored."

"So bored," She said dramatically placing her hands on her face that dripped water.

"You are a drama queen."

"Is that why you asked if I was bored?" She inquired with her eyebrows arched like a perfectly shaped bow.

"How will you like to go to Abuja? It's just for two days, Temi gave birth to a baby boy today."

"That is great news. I am happy for her."

"So?"

"So?" She repeated, tangling her hands with mine.

"Will you love to come to Abuja with me? And before you asked. I spoke to the commissioner and Patrick. They think it is great."

"I am in but Natalie?"

Taking off my shoes, I folded my trousers up to my knees before sitting at the edge of the pool with my legs dangling in the water that was perfect for the day's stress. "It's just two days she will be fine with Linda."

"Hmm, alright. Join me."

"No can do."

"Can I tell you something?"

I nodded waiting patiently for her little gossip.

"No, I mean in your ears"

With strong eagerness to hear her out, I leaned forward and immediately regretted my actions as she pulled me into the cold water.

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.9K 4.4K 59
Everyone deserves to live a life they aren't trying to escape. *It gets better as you read on. This is my first book, so be gentle on me ๐Ÿ˜‰ *There wi...
141K 11.7K 43
Unedited... Laura is the second daughter of Chief West and the first and only child of Chief West's late first wife. She had lost her mother in a gha...
23.1K 3.1K 64
She spun the bottle and it faced Charles. "Truth or Dare?" "Dare." Charles responded. She smirked and dared; "I dare you to kiss Rose." Rose was shoc...
1.2M 32.9K 35
C O M P L E T E D "I love you" i said with tears rolling down my cheeks. "I have never loved you Mia , you were Just a quick Chick to fuck with." He...