Bring Me To Life | The Origin...

By BehindGrayEyes

Bring Me To Life » She Built A World Of Magic, Because Her Real Life Was Tragic After the events of the Harve... More

Introduction
Edits
Prologue »
House of the Rising Son
Tangled Up In Blue
Sinners and Saints
Fruit of the Poisoned Tree
Friends with Chocolate (And Alcohol)
Bloodletting
The River in Reverse
A Drop In The Ocean, A Change In The Weather
The Casket Girls
Après Moi Le Déluge
Wake Me Up When It's All Over
Dance Back From The Grave
If It's Not Okay, Then It's Not Over
You Might've Won the Battle, But Not the Entire War
Long Way Back From Hell
Le Grand Guignol
Farewell to Storyville
Always Darkest Before the Dawn
Difficult Roads Lead to Beautiful Destinations (Hypothetically)
Moon Over Bourbon Street
The Big Uneasy
An Unblinking Death
It's Our Paradise, It's Our Warzone, And It's Our Home
A Closer Walk With Thee
On This Night, And In This Light
Sometimes Reality Is Better Than Dreams
The Battle of New Orleans
Authors Note
Letters to an Innocent
From a Cradle to a Grave
The End of the Beginning

Girl In New Orleans

29.3K 631 212
By BehindGrayEyes

Marcel stared down at the grey desiccated face of the handsome Elijah Mikaelson with a frown on his face as he knelt down next to the coffin the Original was lying lifeless in. He glanced over his shoulder at the young witch that was staring out of the church attic window at the French Quarter with a longing expression on her pretty face and he sighed a little in defeat because he knew that he was in part to blame for her melancholy.

"This sucker's resilient. He's like a cockroach in a suit." He uttered quietly as he looked back down at the corpse of the oldest Mikaelson and tilted his head to the side in consideration before pushing himself to his feet. "Doesn't matter. Time to give ol' Elijah back to Klaus, anyway."

"You asked me to figure out a way to kill the Originals. I'm not done! The silver dagger hurts them, but that's it." Davina protested in a hard tone as she turned around to face him with a frown on her face and he sighed heavily as he crossed his arms over his broad chest.

"Davina, we've been through this. Klaus saved my life, I owe him one. Since he wants his brother back- " Marcel trailed off with a pointed look in her direction as he offered her a small smile and she huffed in annoyance as she looked away from him.

Davina couldn't help but feel a little discouraged that she hadn't been able to find a way to help Marcel by finding a way to kill the Old Ones. She had all this magical energy flowing through her veins but she was completely hopeless to control it and it was times like this that she missed having someone that understood the electricity that came from using magic.

The last eight months had been incredibly lonely for her as she sat up in the church attic with no one but Marcel to speak to and no knowledge of the outside world other than letters that she had gotten from Imogen every month.

"Tonight's the annual Dauphine Street Music Festival. I wanna go. Please?" Davina asked desperately as she looked back at the dark skinned vampire with wide pleading blue eyes and she grasped her hands in front of her in a begging motion.

"The whole point of you being up here is so you're never spotted out there. You know who works smack in the middle of Dauphine Street? Sophie Deveraux. Pain-in-the-ass witch and you know what the witches will do to you if they find you."

"But you control the witches. Make her go away!" She exclaimed angrily as she stepped closer to him with her arms thrown out to the side in frustration and Marcel shook his head at her sadly in rejection as she pouted. "Marcel, its one night!"

"I said 'No'." Marcel told her firmly as he looked her right in the eye so she would know that he wasn't kidding around and tried to ignore the guilt he felt in his stomach as he saw her blue eyes dull slightly. He turned his back on her as he began walking towards the door that lead out of the attic and Davina stiffened in anger as she lifted her chin defiantly in the air with a blank expression on her pretty face.

"I do anything you say, but sometimes I think you forget what I'm capable of. Did you know I can make someone's blood boil? All I have to do is focus." The young witch said confidently as she narrowed her bluish green eyes at the back of his head and imagined his blood bubbling to a boiling point.

Marcel felt his entire body start to burn as he froze in shock at the door to the attic and he squeezed his eyes closed in agony as he felt his knees go weak but he stayed standing. He looked down at his hand and saw that it was covered in sweat from the heat coming from his blood as he heard a faint hiss from inside his body.

Davina smirked in satisfaction as he slowly turned around to face her with a pained expression on his handsome face and she narrowed her blue eyes at him as she quirked an eyebrow.

"Fine. We compromise, all right?" he ground out in between his teeth as he gave her a tight smile and she loosed the grasp on her magic so that it wasn't harming him anymore. Marcel sighed in relief slightly as he looked at her proudly for standing up for herself and he had to smirk at the resemblance between Davina and another young witch with blue eyes. "You going out alone-too dangerous. But, you wanted to see Imogen, right?"

"Imogen?" she whispered in a mixture of surprise and awe as she froze in her place and felt her eyes go wide as she stare at the dark skinned man in front of her.

"Maybe you can ask her to accompany you yourself." Marcel said to her with a sly grin on his lips as he watched a wide smile spread across her pretty face and she began bouncing on the heels on her feet as she fought the tears that had sprung to her eyes. "I'll be back in a minute."

Davina nodded rapidly in ascent as she clasped her hands in front of her mouth to stop herself from squealing happily in anticipation and he chuckled at her thrilled expression before turning around to stroll out of the attic door.

Downstairs in the old church, Imogen sat impatiently on the pew closest to the alter as she tapped her foot on the ground and glanced around at the walls as she tried to control the urge to run up the stairs to the attic where she knew Davina was. Marcel had made her promise to wait downstairs until he came and got her but it was proving to be difficult and she was growing more impatient by the second.

Marcel reached the bottom of the staircase with a smirk on his lips and saw the brunette lying down on the pew with her arms crossed over her stomach as she waited for him impatiently.

"Hey, pretty girl. You ready?" he asked her with a charming smile as he approached where she was lying and her bluish eyes fluttered open as she smiled softly at him before sitting up on the pew.

"More than." She chirped happily as she stood up from her seat and practically had to stop herself from skipping as she walked over to the bottom of the stairs where he was waiting for her. Imogen was sure that Marcel could hear her heart pounding with nerves as they made their way up to the attic and she took a deep breath as she tried to control her heart rate.

The last eight months of not seeing Davina had been torture for Imogen because not knowing exactly what was going on with the younger girl or if she was hurting in anyway, caused her heart to physically ache. She could stop the near silent gasp that escaped her when her gaze landed on the perfectly healthy teenage girl standing in the middle of the attic with a giant grin on her soft features and she blinked back tears as she ran forward as quickly as she could.

Davina's breath caught in her throat as she caught sight of the brunette woman who stepped into the room and her bluish eyes instantly filled with fresh tears as her lower lip trembled slightly. She watched as Imogen raced across the room without saying a word and she failed to repress the happy smile on her face as she was encased in the taller girl's tight embrace.

"I missed you." The younger witch murmured through her tears as she buried her face in the other brunettes shoulder and had to stop herself from sobbing when Imogen soothed her long hair back familiar.

"Oh, I've missed you too, little sister." Imogen whispered to her honestly as she pressed a kiss to the crown of the shorter girls head and closed her eyes tightly as tears sprung to her eyes. For years, Davina had been the only thing keeping her head above water and the last eight months were the hardest she had ever lived through.

_____________________________

Niklaus Mikaelson sauntered into Rousseau's with a self-assured smirk on his handsome face as though he owned the entire world and many people turned to subtly look to him as he passed by them. Many of the humans who didn't know about the supernatural world merely thought of him as a good-looking man that they didn't have a chance with and many of the daywalking vampires looked at him with a mixture of distrust and fear.

He had always given him a great deal of satisfaction when humans or vampire's alike treated him with trepidation and no one other than his siblings had ever stood up to him but that had changed in the recent months.

A blonde baby vampire by the name of Caroline Forbes had shown courage that he hadn't seen from vampire's twice her age and all for the benefit of her friends and family instead of herself. The first moment he had seen her Klaus had been shocked to his very core by her beauty and since he had inadvertently risked her life and then saved her life on her birthday, Caroline Forbes had completely invaded nearly every thought I had. She was beautiful, strong and full of a light that he couldn't come close to touching and the gorgeous blonde had him wrapped around her little finger with one flash of her exquisite smile as he couldn't imagine anyone being able to say no to her. This baby vampire had the most powerful creature in the world on his knees and she had no idea of her effect on him.

Putting any thoughts of Caroline out of his mind, he strolled over to the counter in the middle of the bar where another strong-willed blonde was standing behind the bar.

"Hello, Cami." Klaus said politely to the young blonde who was wiping down the counter with a rag and she jumped in surprise at his sudden appearance as she spun around to face him with wide blue eyes.

Camille O'Connell was instantly bombarded with memories of that morning in the hybrids study and she stumbled back a little as she stared at the vampire in front of her with wide eyes.

"How is it that when you come up to me now, and no one else is around, I suddenly remember that you just told me you're a vampire, and you're mind-controlling me? And then you leave, and then I go back to thinking you're just some hot guy with a cute accent and money to burn on your sprawling memoir?" Cami asked him in curious voice as she tilted her head to the side and blinked once as the memories cleared in her mind. She watched cautiously as Klaus placed his elbows on the counter and leaned in towards her so that no one would over hear them.

"Well, that's how compulsion works, love." He replied in a low voice that only she could hear as he tried to supress an amused smile at her curiosity and she subtly rolled her eyes at him as she stepped forward tentatively.

"Yeah, but what's happening? Is it hypnosis? Are my neurons being shut down somehow?"

"You're always the curious scholar." he stated with a smirk as he sat down on one of the empty stools on the other side of the counter and Cami blushed slightly at his words as she threw the cloth she was using in the sink behind her. "But we have to discuss other riveting subjects, like your lovely friend Imogen and her handsome suitor, Marcel."

"Excuse me? My private life is- "Cami started to protest indignantly as she shook her blonde head back and forth with a frown on her lips and Klaus rolled his light blue eyes at her as he leaned forward to look her in the eye.

"Your private life is, as it turns out, essential to my plans." Klaus interrupted her quickly as he gave her a pointed look and she scowled at him as she placed her hands flat on the bar top. "You see, Marcel wants your delightful little friend. And, because of that, he will trust her, and she trusts you, which serves me. The thing is, the French Quarter is on the verge of war. On the one side there's me, and on the other, Marcel. Along with a very powerful witch and an army of vampires. And I want to know what side Imogen lands on."

"What's Imogen got to do with a vampire war?" the blonde asked him in confusion as she frowned in concern for her brunette friend because she was the one person in New Orleans that had brought a little bit of light into her life since Sean had died.

"Oh, didn't I mention? Imogen's a witch."

"What!?" Cami asked loudly in shock as her mouth fell open and her blue eyes widened comically much to the Original hybrids amusement. Klaus pressed his lips together in a tight line to keep from laughing at the humorous picture she made as he tilted his head to the side and she closed her mouth when she realised that she was standing there stupidly. She ducked her head in embarrassment as she cleared her throat and tucked a piece of her blonde hair behind her ear as he chuckled silently.

"Now, let's talk about Marcel and Imogen. Do you have a little information for me?" He asked her calmly as she looked back up at him with hesitant eyes and she shifted on her feet as she internally debated whether or not to tell him what she knew.

"Imogen told me that Marcel's bringing someone to the music festival tonight. A girl he's mentoring. Apparently she's going through a hard time. Rebelling against authority, anger issues, that sort of thing. She asked if I was going to the festive but I said no." Cami informed him honestly in a small voice as she nervously ran her tongue over her upper lip and tried to ignore the guilt she felt at disregarding her friend's privacy.

Klaus knew immediately that the girl Cami was speaking of was indeed the young witch Davina but he had no idea why Imogen was accompanying the duo to the music festival other than the fact that maybe Marcel was using the witch as a means to show Imogen he's humanity as a seductive technique.

"I'm going to go ahead and insist that you change your answer to 'yes'." He told her in a polite tone but there was an undeniable authority in his voice and Cami stared at him defiantly for a moment as he quirked an eyebrow at her blank expression.

"You're going to force me to do this, aren't you? Why even bother with politeness?"

"Because I like you. I like the way your mind works. Under different circumstances, I think we might be friends. However, I don't have the luxury of passing up tonight's opportunity. You see, in addition to being Marcel's rather potent secret weapon, this girl, Davina, is holding my brother captive. In other words-"Klaus said calmly before leaning forward on the counter so that her blue eyes caught his and she watched in a thrall as his pupils dilated, "-the girl needs your help. Call Imogen. Tell her you're happy to go along."

"I'll be happy to go along." She repeated robotically as she stared into his light blue eyes and Klaus smiled in satisfaction as he broke the invisible connection between them. The bartender blinked her eyes in surprise as she frowned in confusion and immediately reached for her cell phone from the inside of her apron. "I don't want to do this. Imogen is my friend."

"I just need you to be my eyes and ears tonight, that's all." He assured her in a soft voice as he sat back on the stool and watched with a small smirk as Cami dialled a familiar number by memory on her phone.

"Hey, good looking." A familiar female voice said through the phone speaker as the blonde held the cell up to her ear and ducked her head to hide the smile that appeared on her lips at the sound of her friend's voice from the man in front of her.

"You do know this is Cami and not Marcel, right?" the blonde asked teasingly as she placed her elbow on the counter top and tried to ignore the holes that Klaus was burning into her as she looked away from him.

"Hm. It's amazing what caller ID does. What's up?" Imogen asked through the phone as Cami swallowed back the guilt in her stomach at what she was doing to her friend then though she wasn't actually doing anything as of yet and pursed her lips together as she tucked her blonde hair behind her ear.

"Well, I was able to get off of work early so I can meet up with you and Marcel tonight."

"Really? That's awesome. What time do you finish so we can meet up with you at Rousseau's?" the young witch asked excitedly as Klaus smiled in approval at the direction that the conversation was taking and Cami bit the corner of her lower lip in shame as tears filled her blue eyes.

_____________________________

Marcel's dark gaze swept over the assembly of vampire's in front of him as he stood at the entrance of Dauphine Street where the music festive was taking place and he smirked a little at the loyalty he had over the vampires of the Quarter. He looked around at the vampire's that had become his family since he took over control of New Orleans and smiled genuinely at how much had changed from the 1800's when he was a slave to the governor.

"Big event tonight, a lot of people drinking, a lot of eyes watching. I don't want any trouble, which means no witches except for Imogen. Send word through the Cauldron-any witches other than her come here, we kill them. And, while you're at it, no Originals, I don't like how Rebekah's been snooping around. I got my girl coming, her and a little friend of hers, I want eyes on them at all times; eyes only. Alright? I don't want anyone getting anywhere near either of them. Everybody's got a post, everybody keeps an eye out. You cool?" he asked them flippantly as he quirked an eyebrow at the collected group of vampire's and they nodded at the order in understanding before dispersing into the growing crowd of humans walking the streets. Marcel heard the familiar sound of a young girl giggling as he crossed his arms over his broad chest and he smiled fondly as he turned around to see the short brunette looking around her with a smile.

Davina spun around in a circle with the white skirt of her sundress flaring around her as took in the mass amounts of culture surrounding her and smiled broadly as the unwitting humans passed her by while she listened to the sound of music. It was amazing for her to be around people after being alone in the church attic for the last eight months and even before then she had been sheltered by her overprotected parents.

"Oh, my god..." the young witch whispered to herself in awe as she wrapped her arms around her waist and giggled happily as she looked around the music festival.

"Hey there, sweetheart." A familiar voice said from behind her as she bit her lower lip to stop from laughing out loud and turned around on her heel to face the dark skinned vampire that was standing behind her with an amused grin on his handsome lips. Davina clapped her hands together in front of her as she let out the delighted laughter that had been building in her stomach since she arrived at the festival and Marcel chuckled lightly at her as she practically skipped over to his side. "So, is it everything you hoped for?"

"Yeah!" Davina answered eagerly as she nodded her head enthusiastically and giggled a little as she linked her arm through his. The two of them strolled towards Rousseau's where they were going to be meeting up with Imogen as people passed them by without batting an eyelash at them and Davina found that she loved the invisibility that she had in the public setting where no one knew what a powerful piece she played the supernatural community.

Rousseau's was crowded with people enjoying the brass band playing on the stage set up at the back of the bar and Davina's bluish gaze instantly landed on the attractive boy around 16 who was sitting at a high table with his friends.

"So, we should probably go over the rules." Marcel said in a serious but reluctant voice as he pulled the young girl to a stop and he hated the way her face fell dramatically as he placed his hands on his shoulders to keep her in place.

"I won't talk to anyone about anything. I won't say anything about witches, or vampires, or Originals, or you." She recited to him with a sigh as she rolled her bluish eyes at him with a small smile on her lips and he nodded in acknowledgment as he allowed a fond grin to cross his handsome face. Davina saw the unburdened affection in his dark brown eyes as he released his hold on her shoulders and she ducked her head in embarrassment because she wasn't used to anyone but Imogen showing her warmth. "You said you weren't going to hover!"

"Yeah, Marcel. Go away." A female voice chimed in from behind the young witch as Davina laughed at the incredulous look on Marcel's handsome face and Davina's face immediately brightened as someone wrapped an arm around her shoulders from behind.

Marcel looked at the brunette standing behind the young girl as he felt a familiar warm spread throughout his chest and grinned at Imogen as she leaned her chin on top of her little sister's head with a fond smile on her lips. He looked over at her short purple floral sundress that she was wearing that showed off her long tanned legs and sucked in an unnecessary breath at how delicious she looked.

"You want me to leave?" he asked her in mock indignation as he frowned at her playfully and placed a hand over his heart as he took a step closer to the two witches standing in front of him. Davina chuckled softly at him as she placed her hand over her sister's and Imogen tilted her head to the side as she dramatically raked her bluish gaze over his body in mock inspection before turning to look at her little sister.

"What do you think, Pixie?" Imogen asked the younger witch with a small smile as she stepped forward to stand next to Davina and the shorter brunette pursed her lips together as she also mock inspected him.

"He can stay." Davina finally decided after a moment of silence as Imogen bit her lower lip to stop her laughter and Marcel let out a melodramatic sigh of relief as both of the girls laughed at him in amusement.

"Hm. Then I suppose I should say 'hello'. Hello." Imogen greeted him warmly as she let go of her sister's shoulders and sent him a small smile as he stepped forward to wrap his arms around her thin waist.

"Hello." Marcel replied easily with a fond smile as he pressed a chaste kiss to her soft skinned cheek and he grinned to himself when he heard her heart rate immediate accelerated at his touch.

A blush spread across Imogen's cheeks when she felt Marcel's lips gently brush against her cheek and she tried her hardest to keep her heart rate from speeding up because she knew that he could hear it with his superior vampire hearing. She couldn't help her attraction towards the dark skinned vampire and bit the corner of her lower lip as she struggled to keep the sigh from escaping her lips.

Davina watched the interaction between her older sister and the vampire who had protected her for the last eight months with a small knowing smile as she grasped her hands in front of her and bounced on the balls of her feet excitedly before sighing loudly to get the grownups attention away from each other. Imogen and Marcel both quickly looked away from each other to glanced at the younger witch as they fidgeted uncomfortably and Davina quirked an eyebrow at them innocently.

"Can we go now?" Davina asked them pointedly as she tapped her foot impatiently and Imogen rolled her eyes at her little sister as she smiled fondly before nodding her head with a laugh. Marcel kept his arm around the older witch's waist as he began ushering them towards the bar where he saw a familiar blonde headed woman behind the counter and Davina skipped in front of them with a happy smile on her pretty face.

Cami looked up from pouring a patron a glass of scotch when she heard the familiar sound of her friend's laughter and had to smile at the bright light in Imogen's bluish eyes as she leaned into the dark skinned man next to her.

"Hey!" the blonde greeted them warmly as she turned around to stand in front of them when they stopped on the other side of the counter and she smiled at the teenage girl who jumped up on the barstool with grin on her lips.

"Hi, sweetie." Imogen replied easily as she sat down on the seat next to the teenage girl and Cami immediately noticed the similarities between the two girls in front of her as her blue eyes widened in shock. The older brunette smiled at the surprised expression on her friends face as she felt Marcel stand behind her and Davina grinned wickedly at the confused look on the stranger face as she shifted on her face. "Oh, this is my little sister, Davina. Davina, this is my friend from school, Cami."

"Nice to meet you." Davina chirped with a happy smile as she glanced at the blonde before turning her gaze to the stage where a new band was setting up to play and Cami chuckled lightly at her teenage attention span as she nodded once in greeting.

"I didn't know you had a sister?" Cami said in a questioning tone as she picked up a cloth from the sink and started cleaning a glass as she looked over at her friends.

"Yeah, Davina goes to an all-girls boarding school here in the city so I don't get to see her much during the school year. She's actually the reason Marcel and I met." The older brunette informed her with a small smile as she looked over her shoulder at the dark skinned man behind her and he grinned down at her as he placed his hand gently on her hip from behind. "Marcel holds fundraisers for the school every year and Davina was chosen as an ambassador for her grade."

"It's good to see you, Cami." Marcel greeted the blonde with a grin as he moved to side to lean his hip against the bar counter and the bartender smiled at him as she moved to serve another customer at the end of the bar. As soon as he saw the she was out of hearing range he leaned down so that his lips grazed the shell of her ear and smirked confidently when her heart rate accelerated at his intimate position. "You're very good at lying on the spot."

"Hmm. You should see I can do you the spot." She whispered back huskily with a sly smile on her lips as she turned her head slightly so that his lips brushed her ear and he fought back a groan at the on slaughter of mental images her words caused.

Marcel let out a weary chuckle as he shook his head a little at her with a charming grin and she ducked her head sheepishly at her own behaviour as she giggled a little. His grinned slowly morphed into a small genuine smile as he glanced down at her lips before looking back into her bluish eyes and leaning in towards her as he bent his head.

"Anyway, I'm almost done here until clean-up." Cami announced her presence to the two of them as she walked back where they were sitting and they broke eye contact to look at her as she smirked knowingly at them.

"Great, so the three of us girls can hang out if you need to go schmooze, or whatever." Imogen informed Marcel with a flirty smile as she placed her elbow on the counter and nodded her head in the direction of the general public.

"You know, he was supposed to stop hovering like, ten minutes ago." Davina reminded them as she leaned backwards on her stool without taking her eyes off the stage and Marcel mocked scowled at her as she turned her head to smile at him warmly.

"See what I mean? Authority issues! I'll go talk to the mayor-he actually knows how to show some respect!" Marcel said playfully as he winked at Cami from across the counter and they all chuckled at him as he pressed a lingering kiss to Imogen's temple before pointing a warning finger at the younger brunette. Davina held her hands up in mock surrender as he walked away from the trio of girls and Cami chuckled at the dynamics at play as she threw a rag into the sink behind her.

Imogen's bluish gaze followed his movements as he walked away and shook her head at herself as she turned back to her sister who was watching the stage intently from her stool.

"Hey, what's his name? Hot guy with the fiddle?" Imogen asked her playfully as she nudged her shoulder with her hand and Davina turned her head to see her older sister and Cami both looking at her expectantly.

"Tim." Davina replied with a shy smile on her lips as she ducked her head in embarrassment that she was caught staring at him and Imogen gasped a little in shock as she looked back over at the teenager boy playing the fiddle on the stage.

"That's Timmy?"

"I knew he would be here, he always performs at these kinda things." Davina told her as she nodded enthusiastically and nibbled on her lower lip as she peeked at him from the corner of her eye.

"How long have you two known each other?" Cami asked her curiously as she leaned on other side of the bar counter and grinned as she looked from the young brunette to the teenage boy on stage.

"Since we were ten. I had to change schools, and I didn't get to say goodbye. So, I was just hoping to talk to him tonight." The younger girl explained as the band finished playing their set and all the patrons in the bar applauded for them as Davina turned back to see Tim packing up his violin.

"Pixie, you have to be careful." Imogen warned her in a low voice as she leaned forward so that no one could overhear her over the loud music and the younger girl nodded vaguely in understanding as she continued to stare at the teenage boy leaving the stage.

Looking between the two sisters across from her Cami couldn't help but start to miss her twin brother, Sean and notice the undeniable devotion that could be seen around the two brunettes as they chatted animatedly as though they hadn't seen each other in months. The blonde had to smile a little as she watched Imogen try to discreetly peek out the corner of her ear at the dark skinned man across the room talking to the mayor and rolled her blue eyes when Marcel glanced over at the brunette when he thought she wasn't looking.

Imogen tapped her foot in time with the music as she waited patiently for Cami to finish her shift at the bar and couldn't help but place a hand on Davina's arm in order to silently reassure herself that she was really there with her after so long away. Feeling someone's gaze on her, she frowned a little to herself as she looked around the crowded bar until her eyes meet dark brown ones across the room and she ducked her head sheepishly as she smiled a little before glancing back up at Marcel. The lustful gleam in his eye made her stomach twist in a familiar way as she bit down on her lower lip and she shifted one her seat as she looked away before she could run across the room towards him.

"You can go you know." someone said next to her as she looked back towards the stage where a new band was setting up and Imogen spun her head around in surprise to look at Cami's amused expression.

"What?"

"Go spend some time with Marcel. I can keep an eye on Davina." Cami clarified for her as she nodded her head in the dark skinned man's direction and smiled at the sheepish look on the brunette's pretty face.

"I can't ask you to do that." Imogen protested weakly as she shook her head in denial at the blonde and cast one last longing look in Marcel's direction before glancing at her little sister lovingly as she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Go!" Davina told her loudly in an annoyed voice as she spun around on her stool to face her sister and rolled her bluish eyes as she smirked knowingly at her sister. "I can hang out here with Cami for a little while. Go spend some time with Marcel. You know you want to."

"Oh, the sixteen year old knows everything?" the older brunette asked drily as she quirked an eyebrow at her and Davina nodded rapidly as she grinned happily in answer. Cami chuckled at the younger girl as she threw the rag she was using in the sink and walked around the other side of the bar counter with a smile. "Are you sure?"

"Yes!" both the other girls answered at the same time as Imogen looked at them questioningly and Cami gave her friend's shoulder a small push off of the stool as Davina giggled at her sister's bright smile.

"Thank you. Love you both!" Imogen called as she jumped up from the stool with a grin and flounced off to the other side of the room as she dodged people in the middle of the crowded bar on her way to Marcel.

Cami watched as her friend approached the dark skinned man and smiled when she saw the charming grin brighten Marcel's face when he noticed the brunette haired beauty walking towards him. When she was satisfied that the couple on the other side of the room were completely engrossed in each other, the blonde turned to the teenager next to her with a mischievous smile as she bent her head low and Davina quirked an eyebrow at her sister's friend as she smiled a little.

"Let's go find him." Cami whispered playfully as she held her hand out to the younger girl and Davina grinned brightly as she jumped down from the stool with her hand in the blondes.

The two girls walked around the crowded bar towards as they tried to avoid the side of the room where Imogen and Marcel where dancing to the music the new band were playing up on the stage at the back of the bar.

The young witch bit her lower lip nervously as she looked around the crowded bar for the boy she had been crushing on since she was 10 and tightened her hold on Cami's hand to try to draw some comfort from the older girl. "Well, he couldn't have gone far, he just got off-stage a minute ago!"

"It doesn't matter, this was a stupid idea anyway." Davina admitted with a heavy sigh as she blinked the tears from her bluish eyes and swallowed as she shook her head sadly to herself.

"No, it wasn't! Davina- "

"Just forget it." The brunette said sternly as her bluish eyes glistened with unshed tears and she stole a quick glance at her sister before running out of the bar as fast as she could.

Cami watched her go sadly as she ran a hand through her blonde hair and sighed in distress as she looked back at the dance floor where Imogen was dancing with Marcel. She turned around on her heel as she decided to go and inform Imogen and Marcel that Davina had run off somewhere and stifled a gasp when someone appeared in front of her out of nowhere.

Klaus smirked to himself as she tried to compose her surprised features and placed a blank expression on her face as she straightened her spine defiantly. He looked over at the door that Davina had disappeared through before holding out a piece of paper for her to take and she glanced down at it in surprise as she pursed her lips in annoyance.

"Tell her this is from one of the musicians. She'll want to leave, and you're going to want to help her slip out the back exit so Marcel doesn't see." The hybrid said her as he ducked his head to look her straight in the eyes and Cami's pupils dilated as she stared at him entranced. "Whatever you do, don't let her out of your sight."

"You can't just - "she started to protest despite the compulsion her was using on her as she glowered at him and she stolen a quick glance at Imogen before turning back to Klaus but he was gone as she looked around the bar in shock. "Wait, Davina!"

Marcel held Imogen close to his body as they moved in time with the live music playing up on the stage at the back of the bar and breathed in her intoxicating perfume as he tightened his grip on her hips. He could perfectly hear the blood pumping in her veins as she wrapped her arms around his neck and he fought the urge to sink his teeth into her succulent skin because now wasn't the time for that as she pulled back a little as though she read his mind to look into his dark brown eyes. Her bluish eyes shined with a mixture of mirth, lust and bliss as he leaned his forehead against hers as they danced and he couldn't help but feel honoured that he was one the who made her feel that way.

Imogen could feel the adrenaline pumping through her veins as she swayed in Marcel's strong arms and she knew by the look on his face that he was struggling to control his bloodlust with his mouth so close to her neck as she stepped back a little to look at his handsome face. She instinctively glanced down at his lips as the music came to a stop as they ceased dancing and his dark eyes darkened with desire as he watched her eyes dart down to his lips.

"Marcel?" an unfamiliar male voice interrupted the two of them as they both leaned forward and Imogen jerked back in surprise as she blushed in embarrassment. Marcel growled in the back of his throat as he took a small step back but kept his arm around his waist and turned his head to glare at the vampire that dared to disturb him.

The young man with wavy dark brown hair and dark brown eyes visibly flinched at the heated glare the self-proclaimed King sent his way as he shifted on his feet nervously and swallowed heavily as he glanced at the gorgeous brunette in the older vampire's arms.

"The reason you're here, Josh?" Marcel asked him impatiently as he scowled at the young vampire in front of him and Imogen supressed an impressed shudder at the authority in his voice as he spoke to the underling.

"Diego said he lost eyes on the younger girl and the blonde." Josh informed him in a timid voice as he took a step back from the dark skinned vampire in case he had a violent reaction to the news and the brunette's head snapped open instantly as she stared wide eyed the new vampire.

"What?" Imogen and Marcel both snapped at the same time as they both started walking off the dance floor quickly with Josh following them and Marcel grabbed Imogen's hand in his as he lead her out of the crowded bar.

Imogen felt her blood run cold the second the words left the unknown vampire's mouth and she gripped Marcel's hand in hers as he lead her out of the bar. Since the moment Davina was born, Imogen had taken her protective big sister role very seriously and already having failed to keep her safe once already in the last year wasn't a highpoint of her life. Every fibre of her being was urging her to find her little sister and keep her out of harm's way but as she ran down the crowded Dauphine Street she couldn't see any sign of Cami or Davina.

Marcel caught sight of a familiar head of blonde hair as he pulled Imogen down the populated street and automatically headed in Cami's direction as he hurried his haste.

"Where is she? Where's Davina?" Marcel asked frantically as they came to a stop in front of Cami and Imogen's free hand locked onto the blonde's arm as she looked at her friend pleadingly.

"She went to meet a boy, in St. Ann's church..." Cami explained in confusion as she looked between the couple with wide blue eyes and Imogen sighed in relief as she let go of her tight grip on the blonde's arm.

"Stay here in case she comes back." Imogen ordered her friend sternly as she looked the other girl dead in the eye until she nodded in agreement and then Marcel began leading the witch towards the church as Cami watched in concern.

_____________________________

An attractive young was lying unconscious on the floor of St Ann's church surrounded by broken glass and his broken body was severely injured as his lungs struggled to breathe but he fought for other swallow gasp.

Davina came running into the main room of the church as tears streamed down her cheeks as she looked around wildly for any sign of movement and gasped loudly when she caught sight of the mangled body lying on the floor.

"Tim!" the young witch exclaimed in a panic as she ran towards his prone form and knelt down next to him as she cried unashamedly. "Oh no, no, please! I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you!"

Tim gasped in pain as she gently lifted his head on to her lap and she ran her fingers through his brown hair as she cried. All she wanted in that moment was her big sister to hold her in her arms but Imogen was nowhere to be found.

"One of the tragic consequences of war. Innocent bystanders. What terrible guilt you'll have to live with, young Timothy's blood on your hands." A British accented voice said from the other side of the church and Davina stilled in her movements as she lifted her head to glare at the Original hybrid in front of her. Klaus slowly made his way towards them as he tilted his head to the side in silently contemplation and the witch stiffened at his closeness as she watched him.

"Get away from him!" she spat at him angrily as she tightened her grip on Tim's shirt and Klaus raised his hand defensively as he took a step backwards.

"No, no, let's not be hasty. After all, I can heal him. All you have to do is ask." Klaus told her calmly as he crouched down on Tim's other side to look into Davina's bluish eyes and he narrowed his own in confusion when he was instantly reminded of another young witch with the same shade.

Davina bit her lower lip as she silently glanced down at the injured boy in her arms and thought about what Imogen would do in her situation because Davina was sure that the other girl would know exactly what to do. Imogen had instilled in her younger sister the importance of protecting those you love and Davina did indeed love Tim so that made her decision slightly easier as she looked back up at the hybrid in front of her.

"Please!"

"For you, Davina, with pleasure." He murmured with a smirk as he lifted his wrist to his own mouth and let his bloodlust overtake his features so that his irises were bright yellow like a wolfs and his fangs were elongated before biting into his skin. Davina watched in fascination as he held his bleeding wrist to Tim's mouth and the scarlet red blood dribbled into his open mouth as he swallowed the liquid greedily. the human boy sighed in relief as the disappeared and the skin that had been cut open by the broken glass was automatically healing as Klaus tilted Tim's head to the side so that he was looking into his eyes. "You will forget everything that happened after the concert, including the fact that you saw Davina."

"What?" Davina asked in a shocked whisper as she sat back on her heels and stared blankly at the hybrid as he looked at her with a trace amount of pity in his light blue eyes.

"If he remembers seeing you, he might come looking. If the witches learn of him, if they know you have a weakness, then poor Tim might end up as leverage in an awful scheme to control you. Again." He reminded her softly as he stood up from his crouched position in front of her and dragged Tim up with him as he turned the human so he could look him straight in the eye. "Okay, come on, up you come. Take your violin case with you. You'll remember losing the instrument backstage after the performance. You really should be more careful."

"Bye." Tim mumbled numbly as he picked up his empty violin case and walked down the aisle without turning around as Davina stood up to stare at his retreating back with sad bluish eyes.

"All fixed! And now, you owe me a favour." Klaus announced cheerfully to her as he smirked and Davina frowned at him but knew that she would have to deliver at some point because she had asked him for a favour.

The young witch bent down to picked up the smashed violin from the floor and when she looked up from her crouched position she saw that the Original hybrid had disappeared from the church. More tears fell down her cheeks as she wrapped an arm around her waist and stood up with the broken violin in her hands as she gently moved one of the strings so that it wasn't twisted.

"Davina!" she heard a familiar voice call out to her in a mixture of relief and panic as she turned around to face her older sister and Imogen ran straight at her as she wrapped her arms tightly around the shorter girl as though as was afraid Davina would disappear.

Imogen's breath caught in her throat when she saw her little sister standing alone in the middle of the church with a broken violin in her hands and tears streaming down her cheeks but all she could focus on was the fact that she was safe.

"What happened? What are you doing here?" Marcel asked the younger girl as he came to stand next to the siblings and looked her over with a concerned frown in case she was injured in some way. Imogen pulls back a little too cup her sister's face in her hands as she looked at her with concerned bluish eyes and Davina stepped back out of the embrace as she glared through narrowed eyes at the dark skinned vampire.

"I live here, remember?" Davina said angrily as she frowned at him before she turned on her heel and stalked out of the church towards the stairway that lead to the attic where her room was.

"What just happened?" Marcel asked himself out loud as he watched the younger girl disappear up the stairs and Imogen smirked knowingly as she turned to face him.

"That, my good sir, is the teenage years. They're going to be fun." Imogen said drily as she brushed a strand of brunette hair behind her ear and Marcel groaned as he shook his head in frustration.

_____________________________

Davina gently placed Tim's broken violin down on the table at the side of the room and smirked a little when she felt a presence in the attic that hadn't been there before she left for the night. She ran a finger along the edge of the wood as she walked past and felt a rush of magic energy in her stomach as she moved to stand next to the window. The floorboards creaked behind her as she used her magic to move the wind chimes in the window and she knew that they had come out of hiding without turning around to face them.

"It's all right, Davina. I don't mean you any harm, though I do think it's time we had a talk."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

165K 4.2K 78
(rewriting) ˜"*°•.˜"*°•𝐒𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭. 𝐒𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐨𝐧𝐞-𝐨𝐟-𝐚-𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐝. 𝐒𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐪𝐮𝐞. ...
902K 25.6K 54
A KING CAN RULE ONLY WITH A QUEEN BY HIS SIDE: Family is power. The Original Vampire family swore it to each other a thousand years ago. They pledged...
18.9K 671 23
When Colette came to New Orleans in the 1920s, she went looking for a man, Marcel Gerard. By his side as his advisor, she could help him create a sup...
1.2K 3 15
It's been seven years since the Hollow wreaked her havoc on New Orleans, forcing the once-strong Mikaelson family to part ways. Hayley and Hope left...