Dreams of Eden (Ace of Queens...

By marcyswales17

When Alec Radacovick becomes the head Queen's guard he feels as if he is on top of the world. For once, every... More

CH.2 The Heywood
CH.3 Good Luck Cookies
CH.4 Sing Along
CH.5 Sunbathing
Ch.6 Sunflowers
CH.7 Strawberry Frappe
CH.8 Keeper
CH.9 Vessel
CH.10 Family Secrets
CH.11 Sunshine
CH.12 Three days and three nights
CH.13 Meet me at Midnight
CH.14 Bring me the moon
CH.15 Sleeping Beauty
CH.16 The other woman
CH.17 Posey's Crimes
CH.18 Hands to myself
CH.19 Stolen kisses
CH.20 One of a kind
CH.21 Professor
CH.22 Hold your peace
CH.23 Life of Pi
CH.24 Under the stars
CH.25 Through the looking glass
CH.26 Empty promises
CH.27 A Prince & His Princess
CH.28 Nothing but the truth
CH.29 As you wish
CH.30 Garden of Eden
CH.31 Restoring the balance
CH.32 Remember me
CH.33 Mother
CH.34 Arden
CH.35 Fruit of the dead
CH.36 Marked
CH.37 Take me home
CH.38 The Sun
Epilogue

CH.1 Birthday Wish

21.7K 962 284
By marcyswales17

Chapter 1

Alec covered his face with his hands as Maksim and Clare sang happy birthday to him. They were so off key, it was almost painful. Clare's voice screeched like a little bird, hitting the high notes with every ounce of strength in her body.

When they finished with applause from their parents, Alec threw his head down on the table.

"Ah I thought that would never end," he groaned.

"Uncle Alec!" Clare jumped into his lap.

"Yes, baby doll?" Alec picked his head up and sat her down properly on his lap.

"I counted the candles all by myself," she said proudly.

"Is that so?" Alec laughed. "Well then, thank god I am not 200 years old like your grandfather."

"That would have taken forever," Maksim laughed. "We only had to count up to twenty seven for you."

"Don't remind me."

"Alec," Owen smacked his arm. "Don't be so dramatic."

"You've aged like fine wine, my friend." Mavi said as she bounced Cleo, now one, on her lap. The little girl was a spitting image of her sister.

"Mommy helped me bake the cake," Clare pushed her dark locks out of her gray eyes as she stared at the chocolate frosted mess.

"You didn't leave any egg shells in there this year, did you?" Alec eyed the cake.

"I promise she didn't," Maksim jumped up onto the chair next to Alec. "I supervised."

"Thank god," Alec laughed, ticking Clare.

"Blow out the candles," Clare said laughing.

"You know I save that for you, princess." Alec laughed as the little girl smiled cheek to cheek.

"May I have your wish too?"

"Only if you promise to bake me cakes until I am a hundred and forty five."

"A hundred and forty five?" Clare scrunched up her nose, a habit she earned from her mother. "I can't even count to one hundred and forty five."

"I can!" Maksim bragged. "One two three four five six seven..."

Alec turned to Mavi with his eyes wide open, "Make it stop."

Mavi laughed at him as she ruffled Maksim's hair, "Baby, uncle Alec has to cut his cake now. Maybe another time."

"Okay," Maksim shrugged before he leaned forward on the table.

Mavi pushed the cake toward Alec as Clare began to clap on his lap. He held her up as she blew out the candles and shut her little eyes to make a wish.

"What did you wish for?" Alec asked her as Owen cut the cake for them.

"Daddy says I can't tell anyone my wishes," Clare whispered.

"Daddy is never any fun," Alec laughed. "And it's my birthday wish you used. So you have to tell me."

Clare hid a sneaky smile behind her hands.

"What was it?" Alec asked her. "A new doll house? Or that weird egg baby you keep buying."

"No," Clare shook her head. She beckoned for Alec to give her his ear. She grabbed onto his neck as she began to whisper her wish to him.

"I wished for a princess for you."

For a moment, Alec was stunned by the little girl's words. He found himself smiling as images of Grace flashed across his mind.

"Clare bear, you're making your uncle blush," Mavi teased.

Owen laughed as he watched his brother's face. "Does his princess have long black hair and pretty blue eyes, Clare?"

The little girl shook her head, "No... The princess has blond hair like Aunt Gemma."

"Not in this story, kid." Alec said as he picked Clare up and sat her down on the table. "Now, will you share your cake with me or should I share my slice with you?"

"Both." Clare said.

"That's cheating," Maksim complained. "She gets more."

"You gotta be quick on your feet Max," Alec told him. "Or this one will take the crown from you."

"No way," Maksim laughed. "I can kick her butt any day. Dad showed me his moves."

"Mommy showed me her moves," Clare stuck her tongue out at her brother.

"Finish your cake and go brush your teeth," Mavi told her kids before their feud got out of hand. "Daddy and I will be up in a few to tuck you both in."

"But mom," Maksim whines. "You said I could stay up until Uncle Alec left."

"He's not leaving," Owen said to the little boy. "He's staying tonight."

"I am?" Alec raised a brow. Mavi bumped his leg under the table as he caught on. "I am."

"Finish!" Clare declared suddenly.

"You ate both slices?" Alec asked in shock. "You're going to have a tummy ache tonight."

"No," Clare shook her head as she tried to lick the frosting from her lips. "Daddy gives me medicim to make me feel better."

"It's medicine, Clare." Maksim corrected his sister.

"Macky, take her upstairs buddy," Owen pulled Clare off the table. "And make sure she brushes her teeth properly."

"Alright," Maksim licked the last of his cake and hurried up the stairs with Clare behind him.

"When do you guys go back to the palace?" Alec asked as the room grew quiet without the kid's voices.

"In a day or two," Mavi said as she passed the baby to Owen. "Maksim's classes will start and I don't want him to fall behind."

Alec nodded as he helped himself to a slice of cake.

"How's Grace? Owen asked as he held Cleo in his hands.

"She's good," Alec said as he licked the bit of frosting on his thumb. "I'm going to ask her to marry me."

"What?" Owen and Mavi stilled.

"Yeah," Alec said as if it wasn't a big deal. "We've been together for almost a year. Now that Mavi lifted the no family ban for the king's guards, I think it's time I settled down."

Over the table, Mavi looked at her mate. He shook his head slightly to not bring up what she was thinking, but of course she never listened.

"You know," Mavi started as Owen held his breath. "Gemma and Adam are really close to finding a way to reverse the silver blade ceremony."

"You've been saying that for years now, Mavi," Alec laughed. He knew where this conversation was headed and he didn't want to be a part of it.

"I know....but they're so close."

"I have been their guinea pig for the past three years," Alec said slowly. "Nothing is working....and honestly I don't think anything will work."

"But what if it does," Mavi pushed gently. "And you ask Grace to marry you.... What happens then?"

Alec set his fork down as he chewed on the last piece of the cake. He stared at Mavi as she waited for him to answer.

"You do realize how hypocritical you sound, right?" He asked after a while.

"Yes," Mavi groaned. "I know, I know. Owen and I were in love before we knew we were mates.... I get it."

"Then why are you so against Grace?"

"I'm not!" Mavi said defensively. "I love her. She is an excellent Queen's guard. Very ambitious and smart."

"But?" Alec raised a brow.

Mavi turned to Owen for help but he shook his head, "You got yourself into this. I stopped barking up this tree months ago."

"Exactly," Alec shrugged. "I'm super grateful that you care so much about me but I can't wait around for a cure to the spell forever. Grace and I love each other and we're both ready to settle down."

Mavi frowned as she listened to his words. She knew Alec was stubborn just like his brother. She just wished he would hold off on his decision for a little while longer.

"I heard you were headed to Louisiana," Owen quickly jumped in to change the conversation.

"Yeah," Alec nodded. "Rose Hunts is going there for some official business. I'm going with her to represent the crown."

"Thank you, I appreciate you going," Mavi sighed. "Since Edward stepped down, you've really outdone yourself as the head of the guards."

"Doing the best that I can," Alec said.

"How long are you staying there?" Owen asked.

"A week, I think."

"I thought it was longer," Mavi said as she reached for the cake.

"No, Rose is staying longer. I'm leaving after the pack visits."

"Ah, got it."

"Why is Rose staying longer?" Owen asked.

"She's visiting her fiance's family," Mavi informed him. "You remember him, don't you? Jackson Heywood."

"Yeah, I remember him," Owen nodded. "Strange fellow."

"He's been helping Rose do her research on witches." Mavi licked some frosting. "Apparently, his family has a long line of female witches."

"Is Grace going with you?" Owen asked his brother.

"No," Alec shook his head. "She has other business at the palace."

Suddenly, there was a loud crash from upstairs. They all looked up as Maksim scurried down the stairs.

"Ah...dad?" He called. "We may have a little bit of a problem."

"What did you kids do now?" Mavi hollered as Owen got up from his seat. He handed Cleo over to her and told her he would handle it.

"I swear I'll sell all of you to Tobias," Mavi told Maksim as Owen followed him upstairs.

Alec raised a brow at her as she turned back around.

"They're really scared of him for some reason," she laughed.

"I would be too." Alec shook his head. He checked his watch and sighed.

"You have to go?"

"Yeah," Alec said. "My flight is pretty early."

"Okay," Mavi nodded as she got off the table to walk him to the door.

"Thank for the cake,"

"Of course."

"Tell Owen I said bye."

"Will do." Mavi waited as she watched Alec open the front door. "Alec?"

"Yeah?"

"I hope Clare's wish for you comes true."

Alec smiled, "I think it already did....I found my princess."

Mavi nodded. "I'm happy for you."

"Thank you."

"Let me know if you need help picking out a ring."  

Are you excited for Alec? Are you ready to meet Grace? What do you think? hehehe I am so excited for this story. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9M 157K 37
My mum always used to tell me what it's like to see your mate for the first time. She used to say that at that moment, everything around you stopped...
75.2K 2.9K 25
❝Many things are hard, but killing your fated mate has got to be the hardest.❞ BOOK #2 OF 'HEART OF THE WOLF PRINCE' ******** Once the unremarkable R...
668 4 46
They say magic breeds consequence but doesn't everything in life, take love for example after everything you did for love was it worth it? I thought...
100 15 15
"If you want peace, prepare for war" - Freye Sometimes you don't get the privilege of making choices. It is either: walk through the fire and get out...