Tempting Darkness [17+] ✔

Por Daydream1011

Copyrighted 2020 **Book 1 in the Darkness Series!** **Completed!** *Under construction* There was a cre... Más

Under Construction!
**Warning!**
Description
Preface
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31

Chapter 11 -M

36.3K 1.5K 1K
Por Daydream1011

*Rated M*

I posting the cover above again just because I think it goes so deliciously well with the chapter. Thank to whoscountinganyway for the cover!

Sorry for any grammar and editing mistakes!

Please comment, vote and follow!

Enjoy!

-&-

Chapter 11

       I was in and out of sleep for most of the day. At some points I could have sworn Adriel was sitting on the bed beside me, his hand running gently through the loose curls in my hair. At other points he was sitting in a chair at my side, a book or phone in one hand, his head resting heavily in the other. Regardless, I had a feeling he didn't leave my side the entire time.

       "Lark, wake up." I grumbled something unintelligible and turned away from the gentle hand trying to pull me from sleep. His low chuckle was enough to make my eyes blink open. "Come on, Angel. You've been sleeping all day. You need to eat."

       "I don't want to." I mumbled and buried my face back into the pillow.

       "You have to, and we need to talk." He spoke the last part much softer than the first, and it pulled at that thing beating slowly in my chest. I sighed and rolled over until I could blink up at those blue eyes.

       "If I eat, will you let me sleep?"

       I wasn't sure if his answering smile was confirmation or just wishful thinking on my part. I pushed my groggy body up into a sitting position and let Adriel place a bowl in my hands. I blinked down at the chicken and noodles. "You cooked?" I spooned the chicken and let it fall back into the bowl. That smile turned more into a smirk as he took a seat on the edge of the bed.

       "Sure, if you count opening a can and heating it in a pot 'cooking'."

       I smiled but didn't say anything as I sipped a noodle into my mouth. We were quiet for a long while as I ate my soup and Adriel played absentmindedly with the edge of the comforter. "Larkin..." He finally started sometime later. "I can't even begin to tell you how sorry I am."

       I sighed against the back of the spoon I had just finished licking. "It's not your fault, Dri."

       "The sensors didn't go off. I put those in. I checked the locks—and I didn't wake up when you needed me. It's completely my fault." The remorse in his voice tore at my heart and I set the half-eaten soup down on the nightstand before leaning closer.

       "You can't blame yourself for technology not working, or for my subconscious going insane." I rested my hand against the intricate knot tattoo hidden beneath the sleeve of his t-shirt. Dark blue eyes glanced slowly over me, the look swimming behind them too hard to read.

       "I promised you it wouldn't happen again. You could have gotten hurt. I didn't even... I thought you were just staying in your room because of—of the day before. I didn't know—I had no idea you weren't here." Adriel raised a heavy hand and ran it raggedly through his hair. "I should have known."

       I had never seen him like this before. So unsure of, well, himself. Adriel was confident, so confident it turned arrogant on more than one occasion. It was one of the qualities I admired the most about him, though I would never admit that to the guy. Seeing him this upset was unsettling. I scooted closer to his large body, the one taking up more than its fair share on the edge of my bed. His lips pulled upwards at the action.

       "I-I'm sorry, for yesterday." I said slowly, my fingers playing nervously with the bedsheet. "I really thought I had more time to get back home. I shouldn't have gone with them at all."

       A warm palm pressed against my cheek and urged my gaze to his. "I'm the one who needs to apologize. I overacted and never should have yelled at you. I just..." Adriel paused, and my full attention went to the gentle touch of his thumb brushing along my jaw. "I didn't know where you were, and you weren't answering your phone. I just... panicked. It's no excuse though." His lips pulled into a sad smile. "I will never do that to you again."

       I let my hand raise to his and pressed the warm palm into my cheek. His presence seemed to chase away the chaos of the last few days. "I'll fix it, Lark. The sensors, the locks, whatever. I'll do anything to make you feel safe."

       Safe. It was something I had only let myself feel the past two years, with his family. With him. "It won't matter, not if I turn them off myself." Because that's the only way I could have left without the alarm going off. I must have deactivated them on my own. My subconscious desperately wanting out of that house.

       "I'll take care of it."

       I sighed and pulled away, pulled that warm hand from my cheek, and stared down at the callouses dusting his palm. "You were right. I am an immature teenager, and I need to grow up. You can't take care of everything."

       "Watch me."

       Those two words made my heart jump to my throat. I couldn't remember a time in my life where anyone wanted to take care of me, but I knew if I kept letting him, let him chase away all my demons, that I wouldn't be able to handle them when I was alone. "And I was wrong. You've been through more than half the people in this world could ever imagine. No immature teenager could handle that." Adriel leaned forward and nudged his forehead against mine with a small smile. "It's okay to let me take care of you. So, let me."

       "I feel like I'm losing my mind." I admitted on a shaky breath, our foreheads still pressed together. "I'm too afraid to go to sleep anymore. Every time I close my eyes, I see horrible things. Now I'm terrified of waking up in the forest again, or drowning in a lake, or—or..." Adriel must have heard the hitch in my breath, or maybe noticed the words tightening in my throat, because his hand came up to cup the back of my neck and pulled me against his chest.

       I wrapped my arms around his waist, buried my face into the crock of his shoulder and tried to force down the iron grip wrapped around my throat. "It'll be okay." He pressed a kiss against my hair and caged his arms tightly around me. "It will all be okay, I promise."

       Maybe it was because that confidence of his was back, or the sure surety in his voice, but I believed him. I let myself believe. Even if it had nothing to do with him. Even if I had to overcome my demons on my own, as I had for most of my life, everything would be okay.

       I stayed pressed against him a while longer, my hands wrapped tightly around his waist. When Adriel was like this, sweet and caring and so unbelievably perfect, it made my head spin. Add that onto the fact that I could feel nearly every inch of his hard torso and I couldn't tell my left hand from my right. He made my thoughts turn to fog, my breathing to heavy pants, and sent this feeling I didn't quite understand coursing through me. As if, for once, I wasn't alone.

       Memories of broken glass and an ear shattering scream ripped through my mind.

       "How do you not hate me?" My words came out as a hoarse whisper when I finally pulled away from him. The hand he had cupped on the back of my neck allowed me to retreat only far enough to see the confused frown that pulled across his deadly beautiful face.

       "What do you mean?"

       "You're parents—"

       "Stop."

       "No, I can't. You should hate me, but all you do is worry and care."

       "I said stop, Larkin."

       "I killed your parents, Adriel!"

       "Enough." The calm reassurance in his voice from before had turned dark, and those blue eyes blazed dangerously as the hand on the back of my neck tightened its hold. "We've discussed this already. You did not kill them. Do you understand?"

       "If I hadn't called them, they never would have gone to get me, and—"

       "A drunk fuck with busted headlights killed them—and almost killed you too." That hand tangled in my loose curls and pulled slightly until my head was arching up to his. And, despite the whole morbid conversation, I had to ignore the way the possessive action sent a bolt of electricity straight to the hot spot between my thighs. "Did you forget that?" Adriel's voice was quiet but his thumb was gentle as it rubbed against my hair and the side of my throat. "I almost lost you too."

        "You didn't even know me."

       The smile that pulled on his lips was sad. "I knew you enough to know that losing all three of you would have been my undoing."

       I realized something then, as those eyes that were darker than the deepest sea gazed into mine, why he cared so much. Why, after all this time, he had ever bothered looking after me. I was replacing them in his life. Not as a parent or caregiver, but as someone who was in that car with them, and survived. To Adriel, I was the only thing left alive from that night where he lost the two people he had loved the most. That was why he cared.

       I wasn't quite sure why that knowledge made me so—sad. I guess, for a while there, I had let myself believe he cared about me for me. Which was silly in retrospect. Nobody ever had before, why start now? That feeling from before, of not being so alone, it disappeared.

       "Lark..." Adriel started softly, that darkness slowly draining from his eyes.

       "I'm tired." I went to pull away from him, but the hand wrapped in my hair wouldn't let me get far. "Adriel, please." I was ashamed at the whisper that passed my lips, at the obvious beg for him to just—just leave. "I just want to sleep."

       "I upset you." There was no question in his voice, and despite the grip he still had in my hair, I couldn't look into those soul shattering eyes. "I did not mean to." His fingers eased, if only to rub tenderly against my head through the curls.

       "You are the only thing that matters to me." My gaze snapped to his at those words, and I suddenly forgot how to breathe. "You, and Raffie of course." Though that smirk suggested he was very aware his sister had been an afterthought. "The beautiful girl my parent's let into our home, sleeping in the room next to mine. So quiet, so—sad. How could I not care for you? How could I not want to do everything for you?"

       Something was happening inside my chest, something with my heart. It was beating so fast I could hear it pounding in my ears, then dropping to my stomach and sending something far stronger than butterflies ricocheting throughout my body. This was so not like him. Not the stoic, over-confident, not-touchy, Adriel.

       "You thought... I was beautiful?" Not quite sure why those were the words that finally slipped pass my lips, but he smiled all the same.

       "Anyone with eyes can see that." He was close, and that hand of his was still wrapped in my hair, still angling my head towards his. It made very naughty, very inappropriate thoughts pop into my head. "But yes, I think you're beautiful, Angel."

       I couldn't get air into my lungs. Adriel Markos calling me beautiful was one thing in its own entirety, but combined with that look in his eyes made my quickly crumbling sanity take a swan dive. I wouldn't take credit for what happened next. Oh no, mister 'you're the only thing that matters to me' with the 'come fuck me' eyes was totally one-hundred and fifty percent to blame.

       I leaned forward at the same time he urged my head higher, and pressed my lips to his. Adriel's mouth took mine hungrily while his free hand circled my waist, pulling me tightly against him. His tongue brushed against my lips, once, twice, and when I was just about to open for it to slide against mine, he ripped away. Probably for the best too. There was a fire burning inside me that started in my chest and spread through every limb until it settled hot and heavy between legs.

       Kissing him was dangerous.

       We stared at each other, neither moving from the entanglement we had found ourselves in, though Adriel's breathing came out just as hard and fast as mine. There was something else though, something like surprise crossing those deadly beautiful features. "That wasn't supposed to happen." And like an anvil falling from the sky, my heart sank to the deepest pit in my stomach. I licked my bottom lip, and fought the sudden urge to book it for the front door.

       "I-I'm sorry. I don't know what just happened." I went to pull away from him, complete and total embarrassment ripping through my chest. Fuck, this was not good. I was going to have to make a run for it. Go stay with River or Siena for a day or two until this whole fiasco died down. I can't believe I fucking kissed him—

       "Hey, nuh uh." He pinned me in place with a hand wrapped around my arm, and the other tightening around my waist. "You're not running from me."

        "I'm not running." I tried to sound firm, but the heat—and not the good kind—staining every part of my body was making that rather hard.

       "And now you're lying too? I don't think so."

       "Adriel—" His lips were suddenly pressing back against mine, that hand snaking into my hair where it had been for most of the night. I let him arch me against him, pull my chest to his as he stole all breath from my body. I was panting more than a little heavily when he pulled away again, though this time he took much, much longer to do so.

       "I said that wasn't supposed to happen." His voice was a low groan against my lips, and that dark blue gaze flickered briefly to mine before glancing at my mouth again. "Not that I didn't want it to."

       I sucked in a shaky breath and finally let my fingers curl into his black t-shirt like they had wanted to do all night. "You should have been more specific then." My words were breathless, though I don't think either one of us cared as I started leaning into him once again.

       "I'll make sure to fix that from now." He barely finished speaking before his mouth was crushing against mine, his tongue brushing just barely at my lips before I let him in and he took over. Like in everything he does, Adriel had taken complete control.

       Suddenly he was pulling us off the bed and into the air, his strong hands picking me up like I weighed close to nothing. A warning alarm was ringing in the back of my mind somewhere, screaming that this wasn't a good idea. That this was Adriel, and doing any of the things that were running rampant through my mind with him would so not end well.

       But I was done with it. Done with behaving. I wanted him. I've always wanted him, and for whatever reason, in that moment, he wanted me to. A small part of me thought I deserved this though. Deserved to find a little bit of happiness and pleasure with him, even if it was just for a little while. We had both been through enough, both been alone for long enough. I would damn the consequences until the morning.

       "Larkin..." I shuddered at the sound of my name passing his lips in a low sensual whisper as he caged me against the wall, then pressed his lips back to mine.

        I curled my hands into the top of his jeans, my fingertips barely brushing the skin beneath his t-shirt. He didn't let me leave them there, or explore much before he was lifting me against the wall and wrapping my legs around his waist. We broke apart for a brief moment as he tore his shirt over his head, but then his lips were back on mine and my hands were tangling in his hair. He had let it grow from its short crop-cut, and I loved the feeling of the silky strands gripped between my fingers.

       He pressed my back so hard against the wall, I hit it enough to leave a bruise. I didn't care. All I cared about was how his tongue kept rubbing against mine, and that fire he set racing through every inch of my being before pooling between my legs.

       "Angel..." He murmured just barely against my lips before his tongue went back to mouth-fucking mine. The simple endearing nickname, that I never felt like I deserved, shook through whatever reservation I had left about what we were doing—not that I had many. I arched against him and all but moaned into his mouth as his hands slipped beneath my shirt and touched bare skin.

       His hands were trailing the expanse of my sides, my back, the flat of my stomach, until just barely brushing the underside of my breasts. I let go of his hair to try and pull at my own shirt in clear indication of what I wanted him to do. Adriel didn't hesitate. His waist kept mine pinned to the wall, his lips leaving just long enough to pull the shirt over my head, before they were dominating mine once again. I gasped as his thumb brushed over the tip of my breasts, and the feeling went straight to that aching part of me.

       My hands were back in his hair, my lips pressing against his desperately, pleading with him to do to my body what his tongue was doing to my mouth. His hands let me lower to the group, but stayed so close that every inch of my body rubbed against his as I did. A moan tore from my throat as that pulsing point between my thighs rubbed against him through the fabric of my pajama shorts. His hands tightened at the noise.

       "Fuck, we need to stop." Adriel voice was gravel against my lips. Despite his words, his hands were tracing slow dangerous paths along my skin before dropping to the elastic on my shorts.

       "I don't want to." I admitted on a breathless voice, my own fingers trailing softly from his hair to run along his strong neck before dropping to the the hard muscles in his shoulders.

       He groaned, and his lips dropped to my jaw before tracing hot, wet, kisses down my throat. The soft sucking sent shivers down my spine and straight to the hottest my neediest part. I ached to rub against him, even if it was just against that hard knot in his jeans. I needed something to ease the tension.

       Technically I had sex before, in my junior year of high school right before I moved in with the Markos. The boy had been cute enough, nothing like Adriel or even Tommy from tenth grade, but he was sweet and seemed to really care about me. I was eager to get the deed over with, which in retrospect should have been a clear sign that I wasn't ready. The boy, whose name was Cody, clearly had no idea what he was doing either because there was barely any foreplay and just some really bad kissing before we actually tried anything.

       I definitely wasn't physically ready because it hurt so damn badly I made him stop. I was too afraid of the pain to try it again after that, even though my body didn't seem to get that memo with Adriel. Everything inside me begged to drag his jeans off and let that man do whatever he wanted. Pain and all.

       "Lark..." He was back to murmuring, his calloused hands gentle as they slipped just barely under the waistband of my shorts. "You should tell me to stop."

       "I don't want to." I heard myself say again as I let my fingers trail over the hard planes of his chest.

       "How far are you wanting this to go?" Adriel's mouth was at my collarbone now, his tongue gently flicking out to lick my heated skin as his fingers slipped further beneath my shorts. The stayed just on my hips, but their soft touch sent the lightening inside of me into overdrive.

       "As far as you can." I was panting now, my face pointed towards the ceiling as his kisses turned to gentle sucking the lower they went.

       He paused at my words, his movements stilling as those dark eyes flickered to mine. "That's pretty damn far."

       "Good."

       His chuckle reverberated through his entire chest, and the muscles in his shoulders shook beneath my fingers as he placed another kiss just below my collarbone. "Are you saying you want to have sex with me, Larkin?" He raised his body until our faces were mere inches apart. That dark gaze stared curiously into mine, but not arrogantly or condescending, or winning in anyway. Just curious—with such a knee-rattling intention that it made me want to tear the rest of my clothes off for him.

       "Yes."

       Those blue eyes seemed to blaze, and his lips, that were so much softer than they looked, pulled into sly smirk that I was ashamed to admit was sexy. "Well, then," Adriel seemed to purr while his head lowered until his teeth nibbled softly on my bottom lip. "I do always hate denying you anything."

       I watched his every move as the strong hands resting on my hips pressed into the skin connecting my legs and pelvis, and his fingertips pressed gently against the top of my ass. "You can't take this back when it's over." His lips brushed my ear as the sides of his large hands began easing my shorts down. Chills racked through my body.

       "I know."

       "You sure you want this?" He pressed again, though his hands didn't stop slowly guiding my shorts down my thighs. More than anything. Is what I really wanted to say, instead I just gave him a little nod. "I'm going to need you say it, Angel. Or I won't believe you."

       "Yes, Adriel." I really hoped he didn't hear the plea in my voice. "Yes, I'm sure I want this." His chuckle was back, and it made his bare chest vibrate deliciously against my own.

       "If you say so, beautiful."

       Beautiful. I don't think I would ever get used to him calling me that.

       It was barely two seconds later that he had my shorts on the ground and I was kicking the useless things away. Never in a million years did I ever see myself being that desperate for any man. Yet, there I was, standing naked in front of him, pressed against a wall, hot and needy and practically begging him to fuck me.

       Adriel took a few steps away, and the look in his eyes as they took in every single exposed inch of my skin made heat pool between my legs. I wasn't ashamed of my body, but for once I found myself nervous of what someone else thought. Of what Adriel thought. But then that gaze was snapping to mine, and the smile pulling on his lips made every single care in the world disappear.

       "You really are too damn gorgeous for your own good."

       I could feel a blush stain my cheeks and flood the back of my neck. I hated that he held that power over me. A few assurances and praise from the man turned me into a nervous, giddy, middle schooler. My door was closed so the only light came from the moon shining in my windows, but it was just enough to turn the blue of his eyes into a burning ember. The way they glistened made my knees shake

       "Come here." His voice had taken on that command he used whenever he wanted to be obeyed. And like always, I did.

       I walked the few feet separating us and placed my hand in his outstretched one. "Adriel!" I snapped when he suddenly threw me down on the bed. He laughed, and the sent delicious shivers down my spine.

       Adriel climbed over me then, his strong hands resting on either side of my head with that hard toned stomach just in reach. I raised my hand to trace the hard lines of his abs, goosebumps appearing on his skin as I did. I didn't bother hiding my own smirk as his body trembled the further down I let my touch go. He was still wearing his jeans, but the sudden urge to rip them open with my teeth was hard to resist.

       "Behave." His voice was a dark growl in my ears as my fingers traced the edge of his pants. I smiled innocently.

       "I'm not sure what you mean."

       He rolled his eyes and leaned down to bite my bottom lip. "You really are going to be the death of me." He sighed before biting gently along my jaw. The sharp little stings sent bolts of lightning through my veins and straight to the part of me that needed him most.

       I reached down for the button of his jeans but his grip caught mine before I could undo it. "Wait, Lark." He brought my hand back up until he had it pinned securely above my head. I pouted. "I'm not ready for you to do that just yet."

       "But I'm ready." I whined and tried to reach for his jeans with my other hand. He grabbed that one and pinned it above my head with the other.

       "No, you aren't." He chuckled again, and I was starting to get fed up with how funny he thought the situation was.

       "Yes, I am—oohh..." His mouth dropped down to my left breast and sucked the pointed tip between those warm lips. My body arched against him, my hands trying to pull desperately from his hold as he licked my skin. The feeling shot electricity straight from his mouth to the wet heat pooling between my legs.

       Then his teeth were suddenly sinking into the pink, hard tip, and pleasure shot through my being. "Adriel!" I gasped at the sharp sting which he quickly licked away.

       "I like you gasping my name." He muttered against my skin as those soft lips trailed kisses from one breast to the other. "I can't wait to hear you scream it." Then his tongue was licking and sucking again as his free hand traveled slowly down my bare side to pause at my hip.

       His teeth rolled the tip of my breast gently between them, sending little sharp tingles straight from the bud to every inch of my body. I was too focused on that to notice that his hand had trailed lower and lower until the intense feeling of his fingertips brushing over that bundle of nerves tore through me.

       "Oh my God." I groaned as my back arched at that insane star-brining sensation washing over me. "A-Adriel..." I was unconsciously stammering as his fingers pushed softly between my lower lips and rubbed against the pressure that I so badly needed him to ease. My hips raised on their own, trying to rub harder against his hand.

        "Stay down." He growled against my skin, his hand leaving my core to push my hips almost viciously back down to the bed.

       "O-Okay, down. I promise." I would have told him anything to make him go back to rubbing the patch of nerves. The grip he had keeping my hands pinned above my head tightened, and my back arched at the pressure. Adriel didn't give me long to grumble about the hand situation before his free one was back to slipping between my wet folds and brushing lower.

       I tried to keep my hips pressed down on the bed, but with the way his mouth felt against my breast, and the soft rubbing on my clit made any rational thought fly completely out the window. Then his fingers were rubbing lower until one started to push against that tight bubble of pressure practically begging him to pop it. I gasped as he started to slowly ease that finger inside me. The fire raging through my veins burned like the blue flames of his eyes as it shot straight to the apex of my thighs, where his hand was playing me like it was its job.

       Cody never did anything like this when we tried to have sex, and I never let poor golden-boy Tommy even dream of getting down there. Though, God, if it felt like this all the time, I wish I had. It didn't hurt, there wasn't any pain like before, but there was a hard hot pressure that I really fucking enjoyed. Adriel's thumb rubbed softly against my throbbing bundle of nerves as that finger pushed further inside.

       He paused then, a dark look taking over his gaze as he leaned away. I wanted to scream at him to go back, to keep moving that hand and just fucking kiss me, but words wouldn't come to my lips. "You're really fucking tight." His voice was dark, low, and so incredibly sexy that I let my hips raise to try and rub against his hand.

       "Adriel..." I moaned into the suddenly stuffy air of the room.

       "Larkin." The serious tone taking over his voice had my eyes locking with the intense blue of his. His hand was still pressed against me, his finger still halfway buried inside my body, and every ounce of my being was on fucking fire—but the made us stop anyways. "Are you a virgin?"

       I felt the blood drain from my face, but it did little to staunch the fire in my veins. "Not technically." I grumbled and wiggled my body uncomfortably. Suddenly I realized how very open and exposed I was. My hands were pinned above my head, my breasts thrust into the air, cold and wet from how he left them, and a hand was practically buried in my vagina. Not necessarily the best position to have an embarrassing conversation.

       "What does that mean?"

       "Dri, please. Is that what you want? Do you want me to beg? Cause I'm hanging on by a thread here and I can't decide if I want to scream at you, cry, or flip us over and make you finish this."

       One dark eyebrow raised, and that sly smirk pulling on his lips did little to help my sanity as his thumb went back to softly circling my clit. "I just don't want to hurt you." His voice was suddenly low and gentle as he leaned down to whisper in my ear, that finger resuming its slow path inside me.

       "You won't." I reassured him and closed my eyes as my mind enveloped in that sensual fog once again. "You would never hurt me." Not intentionally, but I refused to admit that he was the one person that could hurt me, very badly in fact. The only one I ever truly cared about. I sighed in pure bliss as my legs shifted wider apart, as if that alone would ease him further inside.

       "Oh, Lark." He sighed into my ear as that finger reached as far as it could go. I gasped when he pulled out and pushed slowly back in. "No, I'll never hurt you." He pressed a kiss to my lips, and then the talking was over and all those pleasure-sensations took front and center.

       He kissed my cheek, my chin, and then trailed those lips along my jaw. He placed light kisses across every inch of my skin as he traveled lower and lower, pass my chest and over my stomach. I giggled as his tongue tickled the soft skin of my belly button. I felt him smile against me. "I'm going to let go of your hands. Do not move them." He ordered. I gave him an obedient nod and did as he said.

       That strong hand went to my hip, though the other stayed slowly easing in and out of me. His lips kissed lower and lower, and I was suddenly more than thankful I had shaved everything that morning. I sucked in a shaky breath as his own blew against my most sensitive area. Then my world flipped completely upside down when those soft lips wrapped around that throbbing bundle of nerves and sucked

       "Adriel!" I shouted into the dark room, not caring one bit there was a sleeping child barely two doors down. I went to wrap my fingers in his hair, but the second they touched the soft locks, those dark eyes snapped to mine and narrowed dangerously. I raised my hands reluctantly back over my head.

       His eyes stayed locked on mine, even after I did what he wanted. That beautiful dark blue burned like lava against my skin. My breathing came out in hard pants as my hips rose to meet his finger and tongue. That strong hand of his gripped my waist and shoved me back down, his dark grumble reverberating against my core. 

       His tongue licked slowly between my folds, rubbing softly over those nerves before dipping just barely against the hole he was still sliding his finger into. I couldn't think straight, my lungs were at breathing compacity and my lips kept releasing foreign noises that were nowhere close to actual words.

       His eyes closed then, and his mouth moaned against me. That spell his gaze had put my mind under broke and my back arched into the air. I wanted to shout in frustration when his finger slipped out of me, but only mewled in delight when his mouth quickly took over its job. "Oh my, oh my, oh my, oh my." I panted over and over as his hot tongue circled that sensitive hole before pushing slowly in.

       His tongue thrust into me once, twice, and by the third time I was seeing stars, crying out his name, and begging him to never stop. Then he suddenly ripped away, and I was left cold and unsatisfied—until my eyes shot open and I saw his strong hands pushing those jeans down his corded thighs. "Adriel..."

       "I'm sorry, Angel. I wanted to do this slowly and take my time, but I need to be inside of you. Now."

       I couldn't find any words at that, so I stayed silent and watched with rapt fascination as his pants and boxers disappeared. For the first time since we started this, I felt a tinge of fear run down my spine. Cody was no Adriel, and he had hurt like fucking hell. He also didn't do any of what Dri just did.

       "Now you look terrified." Adriel's voice was a dark lull as it caressed my skin, but he still climbed back over my body, my hands still held above my head.

       "I just... I wasn't expecting..."

       He chuckled and leaned down to press a gentle kiss against my lips. I didn't even care about where they had just been, or the strange taste. "I'll go slow, okay? If you want me to stop I will."

       "O-okay..." And because I trusted him with every ounce of my being, I was willing to risk the pain.

       His hands grabbed my waist, his own thighs pushing mine as far apart as they would go. "You're gorgeous, Larkin." He murmured against my skin, his lips brushing softly over my cheek and along my jaw. I let out a heavy breath and the tension that had built in my chest slowly faded away with it.

       One hand kept a tight grip on my waist, the other went back to ensuring my hands stayed pinned down, and then he was easing slowly inside me. I sucked in a gasp as my entrance automatically had to expand far more than for his finger. "Breathe, baby." He murmured softly into my ear. "You have to keep breathing. I can't have you passing out on me." I let out the shaky breath I hadn't realized I was holding.

       "T-There's so much..." I panted, my back arching up into him as he pushed a little further in.

       "Do you want me to stop?"

       "N-No, I just need a second." It didn't hurt like before, not really. With Dri it was just a lot of wet pressure, and I could feel my body stretching to try and fit him.

       "Let me get in first, beautiful. Then I'll give you all the time you need, okay?" I could see the concern in those dark eyes, could see the hesitation as if he were ready to stop the minute I so much as winced. I nodded before I realized it.

       "I want my hands." He immediately let go of his hold, and I lowered my palms until they could rest against his strong shoulders.

       "Do as I say." Adriel ordered as his hand gripped tightly on my hip to keep my waist pinned to the bed. I nodded. "Wrap your arms around my neck." I did, and even let my fingers play with his soft, dark hair. "Take a deep breath in." I held the breath in my lungs even though I wasn't sure where he was going with this. "Let it all out." The second I started releasing the air he began pushing further in.

       The stretching was uncomfortable, and slightly painful, but nowhere near as bad as the first time, and even though it felt like he was shoving my insides around to make room, it wasn't awful. "That's my good girl." Dri murmured into my ear, and the slight praise made pride swell inside my chest. "That's it, take all the time you need."

       "No time, just move."

       He pulled back enough so I could see that raised eyebrow, but I just shook my head and tried to move my hips against his. "You sure?"

       "Uh huh." I nodded and gripped tightly onto his strong shoulders. There was a little pain, but not enough to override the pleasure of him being inside me.

       Adriel did as I asked. He moved slowly at first, pulling barely out before pushing back in. He increased the amount with each push, until he was nearly leaving my body completely before easing back in. My back arched that time, my breath catching in my lungs as I tried not to shriek. "So beautiful." He groaned down at me as his movements picked up their pace.

       I could feel that pressure from before building, could feel the pulsing fiery heat flooding my body with each thrust of his hips. He kept mine pinned down, no matter how badly I wanted to raise them. "Dri..." I panted as that pressure kept building and building. "Adriel, I feel—feel..." I moaned when one of his thumbs suddenly rubbed slow soft circles into my clit. "Don't stop." I groaned as his pace sped up, his thumb pressing harder against my pulsing bundle of nerves.

       "Let go, Angel. It's okay." And with the endearment slipping pass his lips, he pinched my clit and thrust hard inside me.

       "Adriel!" I screamed as fireworks erupted between my legs and behind my eyes. Stars clouded my vision, and my fingernails curled harshly into the strong skin of his shoulders.

       "Fuck, Larkin!" He suddenly ripped out of me—not quickly enough though. He came all over my skin, sticky liquid covering my inner thighs and lower stomach. "Shit, fuck, I'm so sorry." I didn't understand the sudden shame in his tone as I glanced down at the mess he made.

       I laughed. "You made a mess, Dri." Those blue eyes snapped to mine, and the worry there completely disappeared.

       "You made me make a mess." He leaned down and pressed a lingering kiss to my lips before pulling away. I tried not to pout as he climbed off the bed and walked around to the corner of the room. I watched as he picked a towel out of my laundry basket before coming back over. I stayed where I was, completely satisfied and immobile as he started wiping the gooey mess off my skin.

       Then dark thoughts filled my mind and that satisfied, pleased smile fell away. "Adriel?" His eyes flickered to mine, though his jaw tensed at the hesitation in my voice. He chucked the towel back in the hamper. "Did we just screw everything up?"

       He didn't say anything for a moment, and the longer he was silent the worse that feeling in my stomach grew. Then he let out a soft sigh and climbed back over me, his fingers gently brushing along my skin. "No. No, we didn't." I wouldn't have believed him if it wasn't for that strong conviction in his tone. "Things are just going to be different now."

       "Different how?" It was the 'different' part that I feared.

       He shrugged but didn't seem all too concerned as his strong arm wrapped around my waist and lifted me until my head was against the bed's pillows. "Well, obviously I'm not going to go around pretending that I don't think about you like this—" He ran his hand over my bare side and down my thigh, "anymore. But it doesn't change who you are to me."

       I let my fingers trace softly over the strong muscles of his shoulders, and down to his hard chest. "And who am I to you?" His eyes flashed brightly, and those lips pulled up into that smile that could make me do anything.

       "The girl that makes everything better." 

-&-

Hope you enjoyed!

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

261K 8.9K 45
He caressed my hair gently, his fingertips touching large chunks of silky strands, ❝I wanted to give you a chance to win and escape me. I couldn't w...
33 0 1
This is a fated mate romance between a reluctant fiery woman and an alpha male who is more then used to getting his way. Their bloodlines make them s...
3.7K 318 13
BOOK TWO IN A SERIES!!! Lost - in her mind. She was found, beaten bloody in the middle of the desert, without the memory that she was once Batibat; D...
1.9K 248 15
⚠️This book does feature abusive and mature/sexual themes, scenarios, and language. ⚠️I do not own the rights to the photo used as my book cover. ...