Love and Loss (The Fun Gilber...

By Jbic02

Jessica Gilbert has finally graduated high school and has decided to attend the University of New Orleans wit... More

Cast
Prologue
Chapter 1- End Of Summer
Chapter 2- True Lies/House of the Rising Sun
Chapter 3- Tangled Up in Blue
Chapter 4- Girl In New Orleans
Chapter 5- Playing My Own Side
Chapter 6- Revenge
Chapter 8- The River in Reverse
Chapter 9- Ever The Savior
Chapter 10- Runaway Witch
Chapter 11- Aprรจs Moi, Le Dรฉluge
Chapter 12- Transitions and Choices
Chapter 13- Le Grand Guignol/ Farewell to Storyville
Chapter 14- The Devil Inside
Chapter 15-Guilt & Anger Make Bad Bedfellows
Chapter 16- An Unblinking Death
Chapter 17- A Closer Walk With Thee
Chapter 18- The Battle of New Orleans
Chapter 19- From a Cradle to a Grave
Cast Part 2
Chapter 20- I'll Remember/Rebirth
Chapter 21- Yellow Ledbetter/ Alive and Kicking
Chapter 22- Prison World Blues (Part 1)
Chapter 23-Prison World Blues (Part 2)
Chapter 24- Back From the Dead
Chapter 25- Why, Kai, Why?
Chapter 26- Merging
Chapter 27- Clifford the Big Red Door
Chapter 28- Links and Bonds
Chapter 29- Friends-giving
Chapter 30- Weddings and Hexes
Chapter 31- Long Lost Sisters
Chapter 32- Taking Chances
Chapter 33- Hateful Reunions
Chapter 34- Plots and Tricks
Chapter 35- Staying One Step Ahead
Chapter 36- Different Sides
Chapter 37- Friend or Foe?
Chapter 38- Everyone's Favorite Brother
Chapter 39- The Final Battle
Chapter 40- The Aftermath
Beacon Falls

Chapter 7- Bloodletting

685 22 0
By Jbic02

3rd Person P.O.V.

Marcel was hosting one of his fight nights when Klaus and Elijah interrupted it by temporarily killing the winning fighter. "Good evening! I'd like a word," Klaus grins up at him.

"What do you think you're doing?" Marcel demands.

"It appears that we've interrupted a collection of filthy amateurs! We've come here for the girl. Give her to us, or we kill everyone here... starting with you," Elijah answers and Marcel is about to make a snarky comment when fear overtakes his face.

"What girl?" He questions. "Please tell me that it isn't Hayley." The brothers look at each other confused.

"How do you know about her?" Elijah wonders and Marcel chuckles without amusement.

"You think that someone Jessica cares about gets someone pregnant and she wouldn't make arrangements of protection. As soon as those witches knew the paternity, so did Jessica and she told me and unlinked her from Sophie. I've been given strict orders that have been relayed to my vamps to keep her safe. I visited her tonight, at the plantation house, but she was fine when I left," he explains before telling all his vampires to leave and taking out his phone.

"What are you doing?" Elijah asks, still confused about Marcel's motives.

"I'm finding Hayley before something happens to that baby and Jessica kills us all." Marcel begins making calls to find the wolf, hoping that Jessica won't have to find out.

Meanwhile, Jessica wakes up to Meredith shaking her. "I need a favor," she tells her twin. Jessica looks at the clock before yawning.

"Why does this favor require me to wake up at 6 am?"

Meredith grins. "Because that guy Eric that asked me out only for Elijah to show up wanting to make amends is in my Econ class that begins at 7."

"What does any of this have to do with me?"

"Well, when I explained the situation he was super understanding and said that he just liked me because I was smart and sassy and beautiful and I thought, wow those are all things that Jessica is even better than me at."

Jessica opens her eyes and looks at her sister questioningly. "So you want me to meet the guy that you wouldn't even let me attend the frat party with you because you were worried he would fall for me."

Meredith smiles brightly. "Yup. Besides I didn't say you couldn't come, I said I would prefer it and you said you were busy and hate frat parties," she points out.

"I also hate frat brothers."

"Come on, Eric's really nice and you can go out with him and fall for him so you don't have to worry about Klaus anymore." Jessica rolls her eyes but gets up to get things ready for a shower.

"I'll go to your stupid Econ class but I won't promise to be nice." She leaves the room, going to take a shower while Meredith smiles, happy with her plan. 45 minutes later, Jessica is dressed in a nice outfit walking into the Econ lecture, knowing that she's going to hate it. "You know, I got out of Econ for a reason," she groans but Meredith ignores her seeing Eric.

"Oh look, there he is. Let me talk to him first." With that, she leaves Jessica taking the seat next to Eric. "Hey, Eric." Upon seeing the brunette, he smiles brightly, a sparkle in his brown eyes.

"Hey, Meredith. I was starting to think you might ditch me today after you left with the guy in the fancy suit last night. You're usually here before me."

Meredith giggles. "Actually, I was thinking about that this morning. Last night I couldn't stop thinking about all the things you said you liked about me and I realized that I learned them all from the same person. My twin sister Jessica, so I convinced her to come to the lecture today. Fair warning, she's tired and can be really mean but she means well, I think." Eric laughs while Meredith gets up and grabs Jessica, placing her in the seat next to Eric before going to talk to someone else she knows.

"Your sister's a bit pushy," he jokes and Jessica snorts.

"I think you're the first person to say that. Although most people meet me and my best friend, Caroline, first so that might have something to do with it," she returns with the hint of a smile.

"Let me guess, you're a little pushy?"

Jessica laughs. "Well most people call it bitchy but sure we can go with pushy. Caroline calls me calculating, my ex Nik calls me manipulative, and my other ex Damon calls me an enigma. Says I'm the perfect contradiction."

"Oh yeah, and why's that?" He asks, interested.

"He says that I'm the definition of a nightmare dressed like a daydream."

"What do you say back?"

She leans in and whispers in his ear flirtatiously. "That the devil was once an angel that just wanted to have a little fun and I love to have fun." She pulls away with a seductive smile on her face. He's about to respond when the lecture begins. They sit next to each other, neither actually paying attention, too focus on the sexual tension between them that makes Jessica smirk consistently. As soon as the lecture is over, Jessica stands up and saunters out. Eric sits there, watching her for a couple moments, before standing up and racing after her. He catches up to her as her phone rings.

It's Marcel telling her that something happened and he needs her help. She agrees and turns to see Eric. "Do you want to hang out? Or do you have class right now?"

She smiles. "I don't but I actually have to meet my friend Marcel to help with something," she explains, feeling a little upset that she can't hang out with him.

"Marcel Gerard?" He asks, making her stop in her tracks.

"Yeah, how'd you know?"

"My dad is part of the faction, he's a politician, puts a shit load of money into the city. Wants me to take over so he's always dragging me to Marcel's benefits."

She grins. "Let me guess, you don't want to be a sellout?"

He chuckles. "Yeah, my dad's a dick. The kind of guy nobody would miss if they died."

"What about you?"

He shakes his head. "Nope, then I won't have to worry about if he's going to hit me or hug me." She frowns before asking if he wants to come with her, which he readily agrees to. When they reach the abattoir, his phone rings and he tells her that he'll meet her in there. She tells the vampires to let him in and goes to find Marcel. He leads her up a staircase to where Klaus and Elijah are waiting and talking.

"You know, Elijah, I liked you better in that box. But Klaus, my sire, you I owe the world, and I always show respect to my elders. So since you lost Hayley, I figured I'd get my best witch to find her," he eludes, making sure to place the blame on Klaus and Elijah.

"What do you mean lost?" Jessica demands angrily, making the three men flinch back.

"She was gone when I got back home," Klaus responds and Jessica is about to lose her temper when Eric walks in and Jessica turns around, feeling her anger fade.

"Hey. Sorry about that, it was my dad," he informs her with an eye roll that makes her giggle, a sound that makes Klaus happy but also jealous that this new human boy invoked the sound.

"It's fine, you managed to miss my temper tantrum so I still have a couple hours before you decide that you can do better," she jokes before getting a text from Tyler saying that he's in New Orleans and that they should meet up. Jessica rolls her eyes and looks at the Mikaelsons who are studying Eric as Elijah recognizes him from the previous night and Klaus is jealous and curious about why he is with Jessica.

"Who's he?" Klaus finally demands and Jessica has to suppress a laugh at his obvious envy of Eric.

"This is Eric, he's a friend of Meredith's. She decided that we'd make a great couple and woke me up at 6 am to meet him so I'm very temperamental Nikki," I warn, and he huffs. "Now I have good news and bad news. Which would you like first?"

"Good news," Elijah answers.

"Hayley is fine and I know where she is," she reveals, much to everybody's shock.

"Where?" Elijah asks at the same time that Klaus asks about the bad news.

"The bad news is that she is currently being held by Tyler Lockwood, probably in the bayou."

"Why?" Elijah asks.

"Because Tyler got his mom killed and blames Klaus."

"And why would he do that?"

"Because I drowned her in a fountain," Klaus answers.

"And he tried to sleep with his girlfriend when he body jumped into him."

"Technically, Caroline was trying to sleep with me."

"You made no effort to stop her," Jessica counters turning to leave before glancing back at Klaus. "She showed me and I have to take her side on it." She turns back and walks out of the room with Eric as she calls Meredith. "Hey, Tyler has Hayley in the bayou. Meet Klaus, Eli, and I there?"

"Yeah see you there. How did things go with Eric?"

"Don't know. I'm still with him. See you soon." She hangs up and turns to Eric. "I really hate to do this because surprisingly, I don't dislike you, even if you are in a frat, but you're human and there are wolves in the bayou so I think it's best for you to go home."

"What about you?" He asks, worried, and she smiles.

"I'm not human, Eric. I can take care of myself." With that, she kisses his cheek, not realizing that Klaus is watching, seething with anger and jealousy, before getting into her car and driving to the bayou. She waits for the other three and when they arrive, she goes with Elijah while Meredith goes with Klaus. They walk through the woods as Jessica follows her senses and they find Hayley, who tries to stab Elijah.

After she gets over her shock of being saved, Hayley tells them what Tyler told her about the hybrids. Elijah is ready to believe it but Jessica denies it. "No, he wouldn't. Even if he would, he couldn't have known. You said that Ty found out from a witch friend but Klaus only has like 1 and a half of those and I didn't share with him my knowledge and Viv would've told me if she had a dream about it."

"You knew?" Hayley asks and Jessica nods.

"The baby will be a tribrid. Just like I can turn hybrids if a wolf dies with my blood in their system and then feeds off me, your daughter will be the same."

"How do you know you can turn hybrids?" Hayley continues as they begin walking back to where Tyler kept her.

"Because I turned Tyler," she reveals and Hayley stops in shock.

"But he was sired to Klaus," she tries but Jessica merely shakes her head.

"Ty only thought he was. It was psychological like a hypochondriacal condition. He thought that Klaus turned him so he thought the sire was to Klaus. So when he went to the mountains, he broke his fake sire bond, not his real one."

"What do you mean?" Hayley queries as they begin walking again.

"Tyler would've broken the bond if it was formed like the one to Klaus, but ours is different. He was turned and transitioned with my blood and it was later revealed that he was in love with me as well. Those mixed together creates a bond a lot stronger than turning until it doesn't hurt anymore, there are emotions tied in."

"So Ty is still sired?"

"Yup," Jessica answers as they walk into the clearing revealing Klaus, Meredith, and a dead hybrid. Klaus begins to go on about how there is a hybrid but he didn't sire it and Hayley and Elijah begin to accuse him despite what Jessica says. Klaus goes to defend himself but Jessica does it for him. "God do you two not listen. I already told you that he didn't know. Think about it for God's sake. Why would he try to use his child to turn hybrids when he could ask me or Vivianne or Meredith who would gladly do it rather than that baby. Not to mention that the hybrid would be sired to her not Klaus like Tyler is sired to me." They both look down ashamed, realizing their mistake but Klaus is angry now.

"My big brother. So, you doubt my intentions? Well, I can't say I'm surprised, standing next to the noble Elijah, how can I be anything but the lesser brother? A liar, a manipulator, a bastard. That's all I am to you, isn't it? And Rebekah. And, judging by the way Hayley hangs on your every word, it's clear she feels the same way! No doubt my child will as well," he says dejectedly.

"Brother, if--" Elijah begins only to be cut off by Klaus.

"You've said all that needs to be said, brother. I'll play the role I've been given," he states and pretends to walk away only turn around and bite Elijah before walking away angrily. Jessica sighs as Meredith and Hayley stand there in shock. Jessica walks into the shack and finds a glass, biting into her wrist and bleeding into the cup. She hands it to Meredith as she goes after Klaus.

"He'll be fine after he drinks that." She speeds into the woods and quickly finds the angry hybrid. "Really, they say something you don't like so you throw a hissy fit?"

"They accused me of trying to use my own child!" He attempts to defend but Jessica merely scoffs.

"What do you expect, that's the persona you put on for the world. Why would they believe anything else?"

"If you truly believe that, why even defend me?"

"Because unlike you, I do the right thing regardless of my emotions. Maybe if you followed my example, you wouldn't be accused of things like this." Once she finishes, she leaves him there and continues to her car, leaving to go back to her dorm as Klaus goes back to the plantation house, unaware that his sister has spent the day plotting with Marcel to take him down for good, Josh is now free of his compulsion with the help of Davina, and Tyler is trying to plot against him with Marcel.

When Jessica gets to her dorm, she finds Marcel. He tries to convince her to help him and Rebekah take Klaus down and Jessica looks him in the eye, anger radiating off her as Marcel does everything he can to not flinch. "I'm going to tell you what I told Klaus. If you start this war Marcel, I will not take your side. Klaus won't make a move against you without me on his side and I won't allow you to make that baby grow up without a father so if you do this and I find out, there will be consequences so you better hope you can pay the piper when he comes." She uses her magic to throw him out of her dorm before storming into her room and slamming the door, wondering why nobody listens to her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

652K 16.8K 75
"You feel no remorse do you? You don't feel remorse for the people you've hurt, the people you've killed. They're just things to you." "That's not tr...
114K 3.3K 46
๐‹๐ž๐จ๐ง๐จ๐ซ๐š ๐Œ๐š๐ญ๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ž, A girl turned weapon, obtaining an insatiable desire of knowledge. Desperate to hold the worlds secrets in the palm of...
481 0 9
Hazel Gilbert is the shadow of Elena her older sister and so she doesn't really talk much she's close to Jeremy her older brother Hazel is 15 while J...