PATHS | JJK ✓

De PL2298

❝[...], you seem to always find a way back onto my path.❞ What happens when two old friends and more precise... Mais

Chapter 1 ― Welcome Home
Chapter 2 ― Family Time
Chapter 3 ― ❝Surprise!❞
Chapter 4 ― Second Family
Chapter 5 ― Some Fresh Air
Chapter 6 ― Doctor Kim Hyejin
Chapter 7 ― HOPE Cafe
Chapter 8 ― An Odd Feeling
Chapter 9 ― Park Chaeyoung
Chapter 10 ― Free Time
Chapter 11 ― Passion
Chapter 12 ― Exhausted
Chapter 13 ― Too Soon
Chapter 14 ― Awkward Situation
Chapter 15 ― Shattered Heart
Chapter 16 ― Fight For This Love
Chapter 17 ― Another Day
Chapter 18 ― Feeling Nostalgic
Chapter 19 ― Comeback
Chapter 20 ― ❝To the girls and Jin!❞
Chapter 21 ― The Love of My Life
Chapter 22 ― Favourite Person
Chapter 23 ― Mentor
Chapter 24 ― Some Friends
Chapter 25 ― Ready
Chapter 26 ― Taking Responsibilities
Chapter 27 ― Relief
Chapter 28 ― Disappointment
Chapter 30 ― Duty
Chapter 31 ― Jealousy
Chapter 32 ― A familiar feeling
Chapter 33 ― Prediction
Chapter 34 ― Nothing Happened
Chapter 35 ― Hours on Hours
Chapter 36 ― Take the chance
Chapter 37 ㅡ Still love
Chapter 38 ㅡ Weakness
Chapter 39 ㅡ Don't lose her
Chapter 40 ㅡ Wake up
Chapter 41 ㅡ Fighting
Chapter 42 ㅡ Remorses
Chapter 43 ㅡ Dearest friend
Chapter 44 ㅡ Feelings
Chapter 45 ㅡ Us
Chapter 46 ㅡ Back to normal
Chapter 47 ㅡ Too perfect to be real
Chapter 48 ㅡ Secrets or Lies
Chapter 49 ㅡ Hatred
Chapter 50 ㅡ Let go
Chapter 51 ㅡ Negative
Chapter 52 ㅡ News
Chapter 53 ㅡ Revelation
Chapter 54 ㅡ Path
Chapter 55 ㅡ What If
{Bonus} Chapter 56 ㅡ Safe and sound
{Bonus} Chapter 57 ㅡ Shared Happiness
[Unpublished Chapter] Jeon Hyeri

Chapter 29 ― An Incredible Doctor

7.2K 317 83
De PL2298

Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.

— Dennis P. Kimbro.

Chapter 29

AN INCREDIBLE DOCTOR

•••

Chaeyoung spilled her drink after hearing Hyejin's story for the previous night.

"Excuse me— HE WHAT?!"

Hyejin shushed her before her eyes looked around, embarrassed, as they were both sitting in the Hospital's cafeteria.

"Can you shut up already? I don't want the entire—"

"THERE HE IS." Chaeyoung cut her friend off and stood up to grab Jeno who was passing by their table.

The latter was taken aback. Jeno looked down at his two superiors, blinking in confusion. "Can I help you with anything?"

"Explain yourself!"

"Dr. Park?"

"Chae" Hyejin groaned under her breath in vain.

"Out of all the surgeons in this hospital you had to call Dr. Suh for help and interrupt their intimat—"

"CHAEYOUNG!" Hyejin slapped her bestfriend's arm and shut her instantly. She turned to her right and met Jeno's confused stare, "You can go Dr. Lee and please, tell Dr. Na to meet in Ms. Lim's room for her surgery's explanation."

"Ok?" Jeno tilted his head to the side and Hyejin waved him away, "Oh. Ok."

"What the fuck?" Hyejin yelled quietly while leaning forward on the table.

"What?! You guys were about to kiss and—" Hyejin's face dropped and Chaeyoung immediately lowered her voice, "I mean that you guys are cute, cringy.. but cute!"

"Ok, I get it. Let's just go." Hyejin stood up with her tray with Chaeyoung following from behind and laughing.

The duo started to walk away from the cafeteria and entered the corridor.

"Hyejin! Chaeyoung!"

The girls turned around and their smiles fell into thin lines.

"Jungkook? What's wrong?" Hyejin began, feeling the worry coming from her ex.

"S-soyeon is not feeling good. She stopped talking all of a sudden.." Despair filled his words.

Chaeyoung and Hyejin walked towards their friend and followed him directly to Soyeon's room. Upon seeing the girl lying on the bed, the girls exchanged a look.

Soyeon was lying unconscious on her bed. Her closed eyes were surrounded by dark circles and her skin was abnormally pale.

Instantly, the girls went back into their doctor modes and started dividing tasks between each other. Hyejin went ahead and checked her medical record while Chaeyoung began examining the patient.

"Her pulse seems weak," Chaeyoung declared after placing her fingers on her wrist. In a second, she reached for the stethoscope around her neck.

"Her surgery went perfectly well," Hyejin read Baekhyun's report in her medical record, "Her post-ops seems good as well."

"Her hands are cold and her breathing is shallow."

"Irregular heart rate" Hyejin followed.

The girls switched into alert mode.

"Soyeon? Do you hear me?" The absence of response confirmed Hyejin's worries as she examined her pupils, "She's gone unconscious."

Chaeyoung went ahead and called the nurses before turning toward Jungkook, "How long has she been like this?"

"It just happened. We were talking but then her voice slowly went down as if she was falling asleep."

"She's having a cardiac arrest !" Hyejin declared.

"What—"

Hyejin pulled all the covers off Soyeon while lowering the bed into a firm line. She began doing CPR and Chaeyoung agitated herself on the side, calling out for a crash cart.

"WHAT IS HAPPENING"

"Bring him out" Chaeyoung ordered but Jungkook seemed to refuse and fought against the nurses,

"TELL ME WHAT'S HAPPE—"

"JUNGKOOK!" Hyejin gained his attention back. His eyes were deeply in hers and she tried her best to communicate with him, telling him that Soyeon was in good hands. Their exchange was rapid but efficient.

He remembered who was in front of him. He trusts her with his life and reluctantly, he backed off.

Jungkook watched the scene by the window and his heart got thrown all over the place after seeing Soyeon's body lifting up from the bed at the electroshock.

His eyes widened letting his tears roll down his cheeks. He felt useless, a feeling that Jungkook hated the most.

The next few minutes that followed felt incredibly long.

The door finally shot opened and Hyejin walked out to look for Jungkook. The latter hadn't moved an inch and was already present, waiting for updates.

"She's doing fine now. She had a heart attack—"

"How?! She was doing perfectly fine until now!" He bursted out.

"All bodies react differently after a surgery. We don't recover as soon as we step out of the OR. Her recovering process ended up creating blood clot and she'll need a surgery now knowing those clots formed in the coronary arteries."

"Another surgery? Again?"

Hyejin nodded before a sigh escaped her lips, "We could use medications if it was anywhere else but it's not the case. However, her surgeon is the best. Indeed, he's my boss. She'll be fine. He's gonna meet her in the OR in a moment."

"Why can't you do it? How much will it take? When will she wake up?"

He bombarded her with questions as they both watched the medical staff exit the room, leaving Chaeyoung behind examining her vital signs.

Hyejin's eyes lifted up to see Jungkook's face. An unwanted feeling took over her for a slight second. A second that was enough to bother her stomach.

Jealousy.

"Dr. Byun is her doctor, not me. It will take around 2 or 3 hours depending on what they're gonna see and she'll wake up when she'll eliminate all traces of anesthesia."

His big rounded eyes confirmed he was listening to her every words carefully.

"Did I answer all your questions?"

Jungkook's lips puckered creating a pout and he nodded. Hyejin softened at how big of a baby he was.

"Dr. Kim," A nurse called her, "Dr. Byun has complications in his surgery and asks if you can take care of his patient or find someone from the department—"

"No! I don't want anyone else!" Jungkook interfered, "You'll do it!"

This situation was uncomfortable. It added so much pressure on her shoulder knowing their history together. However, Jungkook's puppy eyes pulled all the strings that linked her brain to her heart. Hyejin groaned mentally before meeting his eyes. They were demanding.

She looked at the nurses as they pushed Soyeon's gurney out of her room, "Prepare OR 2, I'll be there in a minute."

Hyejin disappeared instantly, keeping her words, letting Chaeyoung take her place next to Jungkook. As much as she despised him, she surely didn't wish for Soyeon to have such complications.

She gently placed a hand on the worried guy's shoulder and spoke out, "She's gonna be fine. Hyejin is an incredible doctor, she's good at what she does."

"I know. She's always been."

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

3K 184 29
" I feel like my life began with you and it truly did..." (Unedited) You are a regular girl living with your parents but one day after school you see...
628K 62.3K 53
there can only be one. ··· ➸ #111 in MYSTERY/THRILLER :: 082116 ➸ #129 in FANFICTION :: 110216 ➸ #153 in FANFICTION :: 110116 ➸ #270 in MYSTERY/THRIL...
52.4K 2.4K 20
"You do know I'm going to see you. Why not just now, love?" Hoseok x Reader Fanfiction Highest Ranking: #1 readerxhoseok #2 btshoseok Some mature con...
358K 13K 43
❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ 𝑩𝒆𝒄𝒂𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝑰'𝒎 𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒚. 𝑪𝒍𝒂𝒑 𝒂𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒂 𝒓𝒐𝒐𝒎 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒂 𝒓𝒐𝒐𝒇 𝒃𝒆𝒄𝒂𝒖𝒔�...