Love and Loss (The Fun Gilber...

By Jbic02

Jessica Gilbert has finally graduated high school and has decided to attend the University of New Orleans wit... More

Cast
Prologue
Chapter 1- End Of Summer
Chapter 2- True Lies/House of the Rising Sun
Chapter 3- Tangled Up in Blue
Chapter 4- Girl In New Orleans
Chapter 5- Playing My Own Side
Chapter 7- Bloodletting
Chapter 8- The River in Reverse
Chapter 9- Ever The Savior
Chapter 10- Runaway Witch
Chapter 11- Après Moi, Le Déluge
Chapter 12- Transitions and Choices
Chapter 13- Le Grand Guignol/ Farewell to Storyville
Chapter 14- The Devil Inside
Chapter 15-Guilt & Anger Make Bad Bedfellows
Chapter 16- An Unblinking Death
Chapter 17- A Closer Walk With Thee
Chapter 18- The Battle of New Orleans
Chapter 19- From a Cradle to a Grave
Cast Part 2
Chapter 20- I'll Remember/Rebirth
Chapter 21- Yellow Ledbetter/ Alive and Kicking
Chapter 22- Prison World Blues (Part 1)
Chapter 23-Prison World Blues (Part 2)
Chapter 24- Back From the Dead
Chapter 25- Why, Kai, Why?
Chapter 26- Merging
Chapter 27- Clifford the Big Red Door
Chapter 28- Links and Bonds
Chapter 29- Friends-giving
Chapter 30- Weddings and Hexes
Chapter 31- Long Lost Sisters
Chapter 32- Taking Chances
Chapter 33- Hateful Reunions
Chapter 34- Plots and Tricks
Chapter 35- Staying One Step Ahead
Chapter 36- Different Sides
Chapter 37- Friend or Foe?
Chapter 38- Everyone's Favorite Brother
Chapter 39- The Final Battle
Chapter 40- The Aftermath
Beacon Falls

Chapter 6- Revenge

761 23 0
By Jbic02

Jessica's P.O.V.

It's been 4 days since I agreed to help Davina control her magic and things are going fairly well. She's powerful but she's a good student and we are taking it slow. I have to wait to see her today because I actually have a schedule, which is basically me being a T.A. in a bunch of super advanced classes to get credit. I think it's dumb but whatever, I have to pass college, right?

I'm leaving my last class of the day when I get a call from Caroline needing to talk. My drive to St. Anne's is filled with Caroline telling me that Tyler showed up but he wouldn't stay because he chose revenge on Klaus over her so she decided that she was going to give Jesse a real shot. But then he got turned into a vampire so now she has to teach him control.

"Caroline, you can do this. You're great when it comes to control. You'll be fine and so will Jesse. Besides, look at the bright side, since you're both vampires you don't have to find a way to explain the supernatural to him now," I say, trying to be helpful and it seems to work as she laughs.

"Thanks, Jess, you always know what to say to calm me down."

"That's because I know you, Care. As for Tyler, I already told you that he's a dick so screw him, okay?" She laughs again as I enter St. Anne's. "Alright, I have to go because I am entering a church and I wouldn't want to commit blasphemy yet again," I joke before we say our goodbyes and I go to see Davina.

When I get up there, she tells me that Elijah came to see her and gave her a spell from his mother's grimoire to unknot a knot in some rope. I study the spell and huff, angry that Elijah is trying to trick her. "It's not an unknotting spell, D. It's an unlinking spell. A very powerful one, yes, and it does require a lot of control, I should know."

"What do you mean you should know?" She questions and I sigh.

"Elijah wants you to break the link between Hayley and Sophie except I already broke it during my time here for my college interview," I confess and she looks at me confused.

"Why didn't you tell them?"

"They didn't ask. Besides, Sophie doesn't know and if Klaus knew that they were unlinked he would start a war with the witches and something would happen to him and his daughter would grow up without a father, I won't allow that." She smiles before asking what we were going to really be doing so I smile back and we begin working on spells to further her control.

Once we're done, I go to leave, only to be stopped by Father Kieran. "Jessica, I'm glad you're here. I'd like to talk to you."

"About what?" I ask, taking a seat on one of the front pews.

"The faction is having a meeting today, here at the church. I'd like for you to attend. Be here at  7 o'clock. Okay?" I agree and leave, heading back to campus. When I get there, I see Meredith looking really excited while sitting on my bed.

"Hey sis, not that I'm not glad you're happy but why are you so happy?"

She grins at me. "Because there's this cute boy in my Econ class that asked me to go to a frat party with him tonight."

"Ooh frat party, how classy," I say sarcastically and she frowns.

"It's college, Jessica, that's how this works. I've done research." I want to laugh at her for saying that but know she won't appreciate it so I cover it with a smile.

"Right, my bad. What about Elijah, though? I told you that he's back and all undaggered and you haven't even gone and tried to talk to him," I point out and she rolls her eyes, walking towards my closet.

"I laid it out for him, Jess. I told him to chose me or Klaus and he chose Klaus so I'm moving on with my life. He made his choice and it wasn't me so I need you to dress me for a frat party, okay? Please," she begs and I sigh before smiling.

"Of course I'll help you get ready, but please be careful. I went to a frat party here and a whole frat tried to roofie me. If you think something's wrong, leave."

"Relax, Eric isn't like that. He's nice, I tested him with magic to be sure." I smile at her.

"You know I never thought to use magic like that." We both laugh as I help her get ready. It's around six o'clock when we get done and I receive a call from Vivianne telling me they need me at the plantation house so I get changed and head over. When I arrive, I see Sophie Devoroux is also there. Elijah is the first to see me and he catches me up on what happened.

"According to Ms. Deveroux, Agnes injected her with a dark object used to cause miscarriages. Niklaus has left to go find Agnes but we are not sure what to do here. Hayley doesn't seem to be showing symptoms but Sophie can still feel the link," he explains and I laugh.

"Well, it's a good thing that I constantly insert myself without you idiots asking for it. I broke the link before I went home for graduation. You honestly thought I would entrust the safety of that baby in the witches?" Everyone looks at me, shocked, before Sophie speaks.

"No, that can't be true. I would've felt it lift," she tries but I laugh.

"Not if I didn't want you to. Newsflash Sophie, I don't like any of you. Not only did you try and kill Davina but you did kill Sean," I snarl as she flies against the wall. "And then, you have the nerve to try and play victim. You lost your right to do magic because you misused it. If you really think it's so terrible to not have magic, maybe I should just drain you of yours and force you to live as a human," I spit before Rebekah puts her hand on my should and whispers in my ear.

"You don't want to do this, Jessica. You said it yourself, war isn't necessary and that's what this will cause," she reminds me and I let Sophie go.

I shake my head to clear it before shooting a glare at Sophie. "The link is gone, I'm sure you can feel its absence now and believe me when I say that if you ever think of going after this baby or Davina again, it won't be Marcel or Nik that you'll have to deal with, it'll be me and when it comes to protecting the people I care about, Sophie, I'm ruthless." With that, I spin on my heels and get in my car to head to the faction meeting.

As I'm walking in, I see a text from Vivianne saying that Klaus is still looking for Agnes for her attempt on his child and Sophie is trying to convince Elijah to stop him. I roll my eyes and take a seat a the table set up at the front of the church.

The mayor is complaining about how Davina blew out the window and I have to bite my tongue to hold back my sarcastic comment, when the door opens and Klaus enters. "Easier said than done. Marcel is quite the little warrior," he says in response to something Kieran had said.

"Who are you?" The mayor demands and I roll my eyes.

"My name is Klaus. And you lot are the Faction. Pillars of the community who maintain the city's supernatural balance. Well, I should know. I created this group. Only, in my day, it was a bunch of pirates and corrupt politicians. Looks like nothing's changed," he taunts, not seeing me as Kieran blocks me from view until he stands to confront Klaus.

"One thing has: it's exclusively human now. No vampires allowed, especially no Originals," he counters as Klaus catches sight of me. He looks from me to the father and laughs.

"Clearly, but I haven't come to join! I've come to ask this group to utilize its considerable resources to find a witch Elder called Agnes. All I need is an address," he commands.

"And, uh, why would we want to help you?" Kieran asks and Klaus glances at me then back at Father K.

"What if I told you that Agnes was the answer to a question you've been asking since you ran screaming from this town? That she is the witch who hexed your nephew, Sean?" He tells him, looking at me with sympathy as I feel my anger grow.

"We'd need some time to discuss--" Kieran starts but I cut him off before Klaus can.

"We'll do it," I scoff, glaring at him. "Sean was a part of this faction, Kieran, and the witches killed him for protecting this city. Agnes has to pay for her crimes." I turn to the rest of the faction. "Find her, look into phone records, have someone check the cemetery. I don't care what you have to do, find her!" I command and to everyone's surprise but mine, they obey as I turn to Klaus. "You'll get your witch, but I get my revenge first, got it?" He nods, looking at me with wide eyes, obviously worried about the anger coming off me.

I walk upstairs to Davina and tell her that we need to find Agnes. I explain why and she is more than willing to help. I leave with my findings and tell the sheriff where to find her. The rest of the faction leaves as he goes to retrieve her. The sheriff brings her back, handcuffed, and sets her in a pew while she complains.

"Hello, Agnes," Nik smiles, walking into her eyesight.

She looks at him scared before she realizes something. "You're looking for a way to stop the dark object I used. Sorry but there's no off-switch. Your devil child will be dead by the end of the night."

Klaus laughs as Kieran looks at him in shock. "You think I'm worried about my child? My child is fine," he reveals, shocking Agnes. "She wasn't even affected by your little trinket because the link has been severed for months now."

"No, that's impossible, Sophie would've known."

I step into view laughing. "You know, Sophie said the same thing and then I threatened to drain her of magic. You see, you New Orleans witches think you are above nature but you aren't. You're abominations," I snarl as I feel a power I've never felt passing through me while vines begin to grow out of the wood below me and spread rapidly towards Agnes. "Nature needs balance, Agnes, and you, you destroy that balance time and time again for your own selfish purposes. You are no different than those that practice Expression," I sneer as the door opens, revealing Elijah.

"Leave her," Elijah commands and it's then that I realize that Klaus is holding onto her throat, unaware of the vines wrapping around her. "I gave my word."

"You tend to give your word at the most inopportune times, brother. We've been doing things your way all day. Come on! Just one little snap and it's 'Toodle-loo, Agnes.' She deserves it!" Klaus exclaims but Elijah shakes his head.

"Niklaus, don't make another move. You have asked for my forgiveness. I will grant you that forgiveness, but do not make me break my word," he pleads and Klaus lets her go in time for the vines to take the place of his hands as the three men turn to me in shock.

"I'm sorry, Elijah, but I don't give a damn about your word. Nature commands her death. This magic, it isn't mine. It's Nature creating its balance," I explain as Agnes looks to me in fear.

"You're her," she gasps out. "You're the balance. You were supposed to be a myth," she gets out before the vines engross her before retreating, leaving nothing there as though Agnes had never existed at all.

"What the bloody hell was that?" Klaus questions, trying to disguise his fear that I can see clearly in his blue-green eyes.

"That is what happens when you anger me. Nature is connected to me and when Sean died it hurt me and, therefore, Nature as I am its current connection to the world. That was her punishment. There is no consecration or purgatory for her, there is simply Hell," I answer before glancing at Elijah. "I am sorry for breaking your word."

He smiles. "You didn't. I promised Sophie that Klaus wouldn't kill her. Nobody anticipated you being here." I nod at his response before leaving to go back to the dorm. I look at the clock when I arrive and see that it is 11 o'clock, meaning that Mer has recently left for her "date". I grab a Sprite from the fridge and grab my laptop to watch Netflix, when I hear someone in the common room.

I sigh and walk out to see Elijah looking around. "Elijah?" I wonder, confused, when I realize he is here for Mer and I cringe. "If you're looking for Meredith, I'm afraid you just missed her."

"Where is she?"

"Frat party, on a date." I see the hurt flash across his face and sigh. "Look, as much as I would love to help, I have to get back to studying," I lie and he smiles.

"That's funny, I could've sworn I heard Ms. Lescheres say that you were a T.A. for all of your classes."

"Yeah  well Vivi should learn to keep her mouth shut," I groan before taking a seat and motioning for him to do the same. "Listen Elijah. You hurt her. You chose Katherine and then you chose Klaus but you never chose her. She's trying to move on but as much as I hate to admit it, she'll end up hurting herself again because somehow she fell in love with you in the short time you were with each other. It's a regular fairytale, minus the whole happily ever after," I tell him, shooting him a glare and he sighs.

"I don't know what to do, Jessica. I want to help my brother, I need to help him find his redemption, but I don't want to lose Meredith in the process," he confesses and I smile at him sadly.

"You can't always put Nik first, Eli. You can't save someone who doesn't want to be saved. Klaus hurts you again and again because you allow it. Be happy and stop letting him control your life, Elijah."

"I'm afraid I don't know how to do that, Jessica."

I smile again. "Yes, you do. Go to the frat party, find Meredith, and whisk her away. Be happy, Elijah, but so help me if you hurt her again I will hurt you very painfully." He chuckles as I direct him to the frat and then he leaves to get his girl. I walk into my room with a grin, happy for my sister. I decide to just go to bed so I close my laptop and fall asleep in a dreamless sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

324K 8.2K 54
Rosalie Salvatore was the youngest Salvatore sibling, unfortunately she died due to burning at the stake in 1864. It's 2010 and the brothers look thr...
41K 642 35
Sasha Gilbert is Jeremy Gilbert's twin sister and Elena Gilbert's little sister. She is the type of person that forgives everyone and tries to see th...
198K 5.4K 51
!¡CURRENTLY UNDER EDITING¡! Leia Gilbert the older sister of Elena. After Salvatore brothers got back into town, Leia along her family and friends g...
168K 3.2K 75
𝐏𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐛𝐢𝐚 The fear of falling in love or being in a romantic relationship. ___ Cassandra Gilbert. Elena and Jeremy's older sister, who...