The Devil Next Door

Autorstwa Sian2468

"Go away you stupid asshole!" I said in a firm whisper as I remembered my mum and dad were just in the next r... Więcej

Chapter 1//pencils are for writing, not throwing
Chapter 2//89 likes & 17 comments
Chapter 3//The Revenge Plan
Chapter 4// Big News
Chapter 5// Milkshakes & Chips
Chapter 6// Leaving Home Behind
Chapter 7// Island Party
Chapter 8// Eggs & Bacon
Chapter 9// Guess Who
Chapter 10// Childish Games
Chapter 11// Stalking Secrets
Chapter 12// Boyfriends & Girlfriends
Chapter 13// One Big Mess
Chapter 14// Halloween Special
Chapter 15// Tired Eyes and Whispered Words
Chapter 16// Breaking up
Chapter 17// Moonlit Dancing
Chapter 19// Leaving Takana Island
Chapter 20//She's So Beautuful
Final Authors Note
Sequel Preview

Chapter 18// Park Romantics

5.6K 208 111
Autorstwa Sian2468

"Emily?" he asks.

"Yes?"

"I think I'm falling in love with you."

And my heart stops.

*****

We stop swaying and I pull my head away from his chest to look him in the eyes.

Those big brown eyes I have been looking into for over 10 years. His brown hair that is almost always spiked up with gel. His chiseled jaw and broad shoulders.

We say nothing but keep eye contact. I can hear my heart begin to pump blood again. I break from his arms and walk over to the edge of the rock, looking out on the island with folded arms. Seb comes to stand beside me cautiously.

"Emily? Are you.... ok?"

I keep my eyes on the view as a slight breeze hits my face.

"Did I do something wrong?" He adds.

I turn to him. "No Seb, you didn't."

"Then what's wrong?" he puts his hands on my bare shoulders, searching my eyes.

"I just... don't know what to say."

"You don't have to say anything." he pulls me in and hugs me tightly.

I breathe him in. His smell. His touch. His warmth.

I get a feeling in my stomach I have never gotten around Sebastian before.

Butterflies?

We sit down alongside each other, our eyes forward.

"I can't believe it's been four months." I finally say.

"I know. We've been through so much."

"I don't want to say goodbye." A tear rolls down my cheek and I rest my head on Seb's shoulder.

"Me neither." He agrees.

It is silent for a little while except for the faint sound of music from the portable speakers.

"What do we do now?" I lift my head.

"Well.... Do you like me, in that way?" he scratches his neck awkwardly, referring to what he told me five minutes ago. The news that stopped my heart.

I think hard. What I say now could change everything. Our whole entire life of being stuck and pushed together by our families only made us hate each other more. The fighting, the embarrassment, the revenge. And all this time.......I've been falling in love with Sebastian Cooper, the devil neighbor I thought I could never fall for.

I open my mouth to speak and he watches me carefully. "I think......Ive been falling for you for a long time." He hangs off each word.

"Me too." he whispers, staring straight back at me with a slight smile on his face. I smile back.

He begins to lean in towards me.

Oh god...

His hand cups my cheek while the other pulls me closer.

Oh heck...

Our eyes lock as his face is just centimeters from mine.

Oh fuck...

Then time stops as our eyes close and our foreheads rest against each other.

Then the weirdest thing happens.

My brain plays me a video of all my most memorable memories of Seb and I.
Right from when we were little playing in the backyard, him getting glue in my hair, me pushing him off the trampoline and fracturing his arm. To now. Us wrestling in his room, me seeing him playing dolls with Molly, the time not so long ago when we cooked cupcakes and slipped over in apple juice and flour. Even all the bad memories were there, like all the times we had real fights about things that seem stupid now.

Then our lips met.

I put my hands on the back of his neck as we kissed again and again. I laid down and felt the cold rock on my back, Seb following and now hovering over me, our lips still moving together rhythmically.

There is no way we can turn back now, not ever. And I can't believe I am kissing the devil next door.

He pulled back moments later but stayed hanging above me.

"I've been wanting to do that for a while." he smirks. I giggle and feel my cheeks blush.

"We should probably go." I say quietly as we sit up. Seb just looks at me. "What?"

"Nothing." he stands up and begins to fold the picnic blanket. I grab the speakers and put them in the picnic basket. "I'll get the rest tomorrow."

And we start our walk home, me not being able to wipe the smile from my lips.

I guess everyone saw this coming, admittedly, I did too. But now it's real, I don't believe it. Seb has never been like this and I never thought he was even capable of being this thoughtful and kind. All his years of being a drunken man-whore and hooking up with girl after girl. And none of them have even mattered to him. One night stands, fan-girls who follow him around all day just like the mindless bimbos they are.

"Sebastian?" I ask him as we reach our front door.

"Yes Emily." he smiles.

"Why me? You have lines and lines of girls waiting for you back home. And after all your years on the hunt, you decide to fall for me?"

"You don't get it do you? We don't decide who we fall for, Love decides for us. All those other girls just want what I used to want, one night stands. I'm going to change all that. I don't want to be known for that anymore." he says looking deep into my eyes as we hold each others hands.

Getting all soppy and deep are we Cooper?

"What do you want to be known for?" I say quietly.

"I want to be known for having the, most, amazing, girlfriend, ever." he whispers to me.

"Are you asking me out Cooper?" I beam slightly up at him, releasing his hands so I can put mine on the back of his neck.

What are we doing! I can't believe this!

"Do you want me to be, Fields?" he leans his face closer, smirking cheekily.

"Hmmm, do I want to go out with the hottest player in school?" I pretend to think out loud, tapping a finger to my chin.

"Well I don't know a girl who wouldn't, even a couple guys would be keen." he winks.

"I might have to think about it some more. Shall I get back to you in the morning?" I raise my eyebrows.

"Ok, but make sure it's first thing, I get bored and as you said, there is a line of girls waiting," he jokes before pecking me on the lips and opening the house door for me. I step past him with a smile and we both separate to our bedrooms, the rest of the house already asleep.

*****

*the next morning*

"Everybody in the car!" My dad yells through the house. I quickly pull my hair up into a low ponytail and head downstairs. The whole household is filing out the front door and into our large car. I squeeze over the folded seat to the back with Seb next to me and George next to him.

It's the first time I've seen Seb since last night.

Our kiss under the moonlight.

He looks a little tired and I feel so as well.

"Morning Kitten." he winks at me.

"Good morning." I say back softly after I've rolled my eyes.

Sebastian's dad is driving today. Our parents decided we needed to have one big family day before we leave the island tomorrow. We are all packed up at the house, it's just a matter of going to the airport and getting on the plane.

I soak up the view of the island out my window as much as I can on our way to the park. Taylor Swifts new song 'Shake it off' plays through the speakers. I have nothing against her and her music but they seriously flog the shit out of her songs on the radio, you get sick of it after a while.

My mum who is sitting in front of me turns around as much as she can to face Seb and I.

"So we haven't had a chance to ask, how was last night?" She winks obviously at me and I roll my eyes. Mothers know everything even if it hasn't happened yet.

"It was......nice." Seb replies for us.

"Just nice?" my mum persists.

"Yes mum, it was a beautiful night for dancing and just relaxing." I give her more detail in an attempt to get her to stop.

"That's good then." she smiles finally before turning around and mumbling things to Laura, who is sat just beside her.

We arrive at the park just after ten minutes of driving. The parents set up the large picnic blanket and the food on a luscious patch of green grass as Molly and George run off to the playground.

"Want to go for a walk?" Seb asks me, gesturing to the cement pathway that leads around the whole park. We step onto it and begin to follow it around the trees and bushes.

"So did you have fun last night?" he asks me.

I smile. "Yes. Thank you for doing that for me. I emailed Tori late last night as well and she replied this morning saying she had fun at the actual school dance, even though she missed me. So I'm happy about that."

"That's good. I wonder how Ash went, I have only got the chance to email him once since being here."

"Do you miss him?"

"I guess so. I hate to say it but I kind of miss school as well."

"Yeah me too. I can't believe next year is our last. Then everyone moves away and goes to university and gets jobs. It's so scary."

"I know. Thats why we have to make the most of the time we have." he winks at me as we sit down on a random park bench. I sigh and pull my ponytail tight.

"So I'm still waiting Princess." Seb says abruptly.

"Waiting for what?"

"Your answer. To my question I asked you last night." He narrows his eyes, and I feel pressure.

Just relax Emily, he won't pressure you. I'm over thinking this. As long as it works it doesn't matter why, right? And if it doesn't work out we can always go back to being friends. Yeah it might be weird but that's just a risk we have to be willing to take.

"Oh. Right. Umm well....."

"You don't have to say yes." He cuts me off quickly and I can see the worry in his eyes.

"Let me finish you rude dude." I smile and he smiles with me, running his fingers through his dark, spiked hair. "My answer is yes, I would love to be the devil's girlfriend." I blush.

He beams the widest smile I have ever seen before leaning over and pecking me on the lips.

"Woah, calm down there lover boy." I giggle. "I've never seen you so sappy."

"Hey!" he angers, "I am anything but sappy! I'm a very manly man." he shows off his guns and I roll my eyes. I stand up and face him.

"Lets go back before you start doing push ups." I hold out my hand to him. He winks for the hundredth time and takes my hand, sending waves of electricity up my arm and to my heart.

It's going to take a while to get used to this. But it kinda feels right already.

"So does this mean no more annoying me?" I ask Seb playfully, squeezing his hand.

"Oh no no no, this means I get to annoy you even more, except you can shut me up by kissing me."

I throw my head back and laugh. "Maybe you don't deserve these lips." I pull a fish face and make kissy noises at him.

"Oh please, I deserve those lips more than any ol' prick."

I don't say anything back, just smile to myself as we reach the rest of our family. Laura looks up at us with raised eyebrows followed by Mum. I wonder what they're looking at until I remember me and Sebastian are holding hands. I look down at our interlocked fingers then up at Seb, who has a confused look on his face. I look back at Laura and Mum who are now standing up while smiling widely.

"We're so happy for you two!" Mum pulls me in for a hug and Laura does the same with Seb.

"Now your father and Chris owe us $20." She pulls out of our hug and turns to speak to Dad who is standing with Chris, a beer in both their hands.

"Wait, what!" Me and Seb say in sync. Our Mothers laugh together.

"Yes, me and Nicole bet that you two would eventually end up together. Your Fathers thought you wouldn't, so obviously, we win." Laura explains.

I look at Seb with an unbelieving look on my face.

"You guys bet on us! What kind of parents are you!?" I say aggressively but while smiling.

"Oh come on you buzz kills," my Mum slaps my shoulder lightly, "You have to let us have some of the fun."

They sit back down on the picnic rug and me and Sebastian join them. They pour themselves some wine and we grab some cans of coke.

Molly and George race over and Molly leaps onto me. "Emily will you please come push me on the swing? Pretty please?" she begs cutely.

I blow a raspberry on the back of her hand. "Of course I will, but only if you beat me there." I jump to my feet and chase after her towards the swings.

Seb P.O.V

I'm dating Emily Fields.

It's happened so quickly I don't think it's even really sunk in yet.

I'm dating Emily Fields.

Everyone will be so shocked I've actually even decided to settle down in a relationship. But screw them, because I'm dating Emily Fields.

Oh look at me, a love-struck teenager if I ever saw one. I'm not comfortable with the amount of power she has over me, the way she makes me feel. I'm usually by far the one in control, especially in the bedroom with one of my 'one-night standees'. Just kidding ladies, just kidding, I'm a real gentleman.

Or not....

But back to the real topic here. I'm dating Emily Fields and I don't think I've ever been happier.

"Sebastian, do you want to kick the footy with me?" George asks innocently beside me, holding out the red football.

"Sure would Bud," I ruffle his hair and walk over to a large grass area. I drop the ball on my foot and kick it lightly so George can easily mark it.

It's a beautiful day again, and there is no place is rather be. Here with my family. With the Fields.

With Emily.

---------------

A/N: Hey guyzzzzzz, I'm feeling kinda sad actually :(

You see, I have just finished this amazing book called The Bad Boy Stole My Bra. It was incredible. But.... (yes there is a but) reading books that good makes me doubt my own. I always do this and I hate myself for how I have wrote the book and wish I could make it better and go back and just rewrite it. I feel like I've become disconnected with my own book and have been caught up in other people's.

I'm not going to stop writing this and am still going to pursue the sequel, if your worried that that's where this was going. So relax. But I just don't know what to do.

I'm trying.

I hope you like this chapter though, cause I guess I kinda did. Only a few more to go now!!! :) bye :/ xxx

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

10.9K 477 26
"Will you kiss me, Sebastian?" "What?" He asked, a look of confusion yet eagerness on his perfectly freckled face. "Will you kis...
28.8K 1.5K 47
HOGWARTS LEGACY SPOILERS AHEAD!! Ominis x Reader fanfiction is based in their seventh year. All characters have been aged up to 18 years of age where...
193 50 26
Julia and Sebastian are so different, but similar at the same time. What secrets are going to come out regarding their lives and what could have poss...
237 7 34
"Hey, who are you?" I could tell he wasn't trying to scare him off while still trying to establish the fact that we could hurt him if we wanted to. "...