A Change Of Heart (Rayla x Mo...

By Merikio

(Y/N) is a moonshadow elf. She has been training to be an assassin a long time, and her first mission is to g... More

Before you start reading
My first mission
Betrayal
This is not going as planned...
'Meeting' the dragon prince.
Siding with the enemy
Killer
All patched up.
Drowning
Just another night
The encounter with the bad man
Cold bath
a walk in the town
Angry, angry monster
The birth of the Dragon Prince
Patrolling
Bad news

Lodge

2K 66 9
By Merikio

We all got packed up ready to leave and came together.

"Everyone ready to go?" I asked "there won't be any stopping, except if it's really necessary" I looked to everyone.

Ezran and Rayla nodded their heads.

"Uhh, can we make an exception on the way?" Callum said nervously.

"What do you mean?" I asked and crossed my arms in front of me.

"I mean, there is this winter lodge, and there's this...thing that may help us in there....might help me" he said whilst fidgeting with his fingers a little.

"A winter lodge?" I asked.

"That just sounds like a place where humans would be at." Rayla said.

"Usually, yes, but only in winter. Aaand, as you can see, now is not really winter time." Callum said.

"How can we trust you?" I stepped closer to him as to intimidate him.

"I-i promise! I am not lying! Well be safe there, and it's not so far from here, And it's on our way to Xadia." He quickly said.

There was a small silence for a moment, but I soon broke it.

"Fine" I sighed "and if I remember correctly, you said that there's something there that might help us and...well you?" I asked curiously.

"Ah, yes! That!" He said and quickly took out his notebook and showed us a picture of a sky ruin symbol. "There's this cube at the lodge with this symbol on it, and the symbols of other primal sources." He said and after me and Rayla had a look at the drawing he snapped the book closed.

"Uhh, ok, and how is a cube supposed to help us?" Rayla asked.

"Well, I was thinking about this a lot, and I'm pretty sure that the cube could be...magic" Callum said.

"Really? And what If it's not?" I asked.

"Well never know if we don't check, right?" Callum asked with a nervous laugh following right after.

"Ugh, let's just get this over with." I said rolling my eyes.

"Yes!" Callum silently celebrated to himself.

"Stop celebrating, and lead the way" I said.

"Yes, of course, sorry" he said as he was turning around to go deeper into the forest. Ezran following him from behind with bait in his arms.

Me and Rayla locked eyes, she smirked at me and I playfully rolled my eyes at her and continued walking after the boys.

**Time skip**

As we arrived to the lodge we quickly hid behind some bushes to examine the place for any signs from humans.

"See, I told you both, there's no need to worry about humans being here" Callum said."No winter, no humans at the winter lodge."

"Yeah, yeah, but they could still come tho" I said to Callum.

"That's why we need to do this quick" Rayla said.

"Wait are we really doing this?" I turned to Rayla with a sudden surprise on my face.

"Yes, I guess we are, so, where's this cube?" Rayla asked Callum.

"O-oh, in the games room" Callum answered quickly.

"Ok, we just have to be extra careful, that's why me and (Y/N) will go in the house, whilst you both stay here, and keep an eye out, got it?" Rayla asked.

"Yes, ma'am!" Ezran said and Callum nodded his head.

"Wait, wha-" I started but Rayla took me by the arm and started running towards the lodge.

We stopped at the base of the lodge, Rayla let go of my hand and jumped up and climbed in through an open window on the second floor.

I rolled my eyes, and followed her in through the window. As I landed in I felt some pain in my side from the wound, so I flinched a little, clutching my side from the pain.

Rayla turned to face me with concern showing on her face "Oh, crap, are you ok?" She asked.

"Yup! I'm great!" I said exhaling the air I didn't even notice that I was holding and straightened my back.

She came closer and started to examine the binded wound. "It's starting to bleed a little again." She said.

"Nah, it-it's nothing, it'll stop soon enough" I said calming down my breathing.

Rayla looked me in the eyes again with a suspicious look "if you say so" she said.

"Alright! Let's start the search!" I said looking away. In the corner of my eye I saw her rolling her eyes, but then going back to searching.

As we were searching we heard some noise coming from outside. Me and Rayla froze and looked at each other in panic.

"We need to hurry" I said and Rayla nodded.

When we thought that the noise we heard was only our imagination we heard a loud bang downstairs, it sounded like someone, or something broke the doors down.

Rayla and I walked towards the stairs to take a sneak peek of the arrivals. There were a few people that we didn't really recognize, but with them came in Callum and Ezran.

There was this lady with short, dark hair and a guy with strawberry blonde hair. It seemed like the lady was only able to communicate with sign language, and the strawberry blonde dude was translating her.

"There is someone here" the dude said.

"Oh, nonono, there is only me and Ezran here and your HUMAN TROOPS" Callum said.

"Why are you saying human troops like that?" The guy translated for the lady.

"I don't know what are you talking about, that's how I always say ARMED HUMAN TROOPS!" he said again. I facepalmed myself knowing that he was trying to warn us in such an obvious way.

I wasn't really paying attention to the humans now, but Rayla nudged me with her shoulder so I quickly looked at the humans again, the lady was slowly making her way towards us.

"Crap" I whispered to myself, Rayla jumped to one of the ceiling logs, so I followed her. As I steadied myself on the log I bit my lip from the pain I was feeling again from the wound, Rayla placed her hand on my shoulder, I gave her an assuring smile.

Rayla then looked at Callum and glared at him. Callum turned towards the woman and called out to her.

"Hey, uhh, Ezran has something to tell you!" He said and pushed Ezran in front of the woman.

The woman started to say something in sign language, and the strawberry haired guy was translating. "You know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day!"

The lady then proceeded to lead the boys to, what I assumed, was the kitchen.

"Psst!" Rayla exclaimed to me and I turned to her. She motioned to another room, and I nodded in confirmation, whilst the humans were distracted we moved on to the room.

We entered the room unnoticed.

"No humans, yeah right." Rayla scoffed.

"Let's hope that this is the games room" I said. "Let's look quick!" I said and we both instantly went to work.

After a while I found a medium sized box, and opened it. It was full with keys, and with the keys there was the cube.

"Hey Rayla, look!" I said and turned to Rayla to show her the cube, but as I turned around everything went black, I was knocked out unconscious.

I woke up, I was trying to move my hands, but they were tightly tied together behind my back, I was tied to a wooden pillar. I looked around, and saw Rayla, she was also tied to a wooden pillar next to me. She was looking forward, I followed her gaze and my eyes met with the strawberry haired dude and the sign language lady.

The lady was signing something with her hands and the dude started to translate "how many of you are here?"

"There's only two of us!" Rayla answered whilst struggling to move.

"The princes could be in so much danger. Tell us the truth!" The guy kept on translating, now sounding a lot more angry.

"Calm down, strawberry! We are the only ones here!" I said, kinda annoyed by them.

"We are going to keep an eye on you two, and we are keeping you here untill you tell us the truth" the dude said, and he and the woman left, leaving us both with two guards.

One of them took Raylas weapon and started to try and open it. He couldn't find out how exactly, so the other guard took the weapon from him and tried to open it, he succeeded, almost cutting his finger off.

"Careful with that, bud" I said "wouldn't want to lose a finger" I smirked.

"Imagine living with only four fingers" Rayla added with a smirk.

The guards looked pretty annoyed now, but suddenly we hear the box elevator, and baits grumpy face suddenly appears from it.

I looked at Rayla, we both knew what needed to be done. I nodded my head for her to take the lead.

"Hey, have you met our dear friend bait yet?" Rayla asked, and we both immediately shielded our eyes as a bright light filled the room.

We Looked back up, both of the guards were stumbling, one of them swung his sword at me, I dodged it just in time. The sword got pretty stuck in the wood, the man was trying to get the sword out of the wood, but didn't really succeed at it, I quickly kicked him in the stomach and used the sword in the wood to cut the ropes on my arms.

As I got myself free, I quickly turned to Rayla, I kicked the other guard on the ground, I turned around and quickly took mine and Raylas weapons, I used my sword to quickly free Rayla.

"We need to move!" I said giving Rayla her swords.

Rayla nodded, took bait out of the elevator and we ran as fast as we could.

As we were running outside we met Callum and Ezran. "Let's go!" I yelled to them as we were running, motioning for them to follow us.

We got outside, we were about to escape, I thought that we were free, and we had succeeded. But we soon realized that we had ran into a trap. There were guards all around us, we were trapped with no way out.

"Give up now, elves! There's nothing you can do now!" The strawberry hair guy said from in front of us. "Ezran, Callum, come to us, if the elves try anything, we will open fire!"

"Wait!" Callum walked in front of us, and did some sign language.

Rayla looked confused "What did you say?" She asked.

"He said that, if we don't let you go you'll kill them, and drink their blood....that you're monsters" the strawberry man answered with visible fear in his eyes.

Monsters...? Really?

I looked at Rayla who was feeling the same thing as I was, anger and maybe some betrayal as well.

"So..you have to let us go" Callum said.

"Don't worry, I can slay two more monsters in my life no problem" the guy translated.

I thought quick, and took out my sword, and put the blade up to Callums neck. "Think twice about what are you going to do next, lady!" I said angrily.

Rayla pointed her sword at Ezran, so it looks more believable.

There was a brief moment of silence, and after a while the lady motioned the archers to put down their bows.

"Good" I said and started to step away, still having Callum in a headlock. "Move, humans!" I said.

Ezran and Callum were fake struggling just so the guards would believe us.

"What now?" Ezran whispered to us.

"Look! A boat!" Callum whispered.

"I guess this will do" I said and went to the boat. Rayla hesitated, but she eventually stepped in the boat as well. After her followed me and Callum, and we started moving.

"I can't believe that actually worked!" Callum said all excited.

"Yeah, sure fucking did" I said with an angry tone, crossing my arms whilst leaning back in the boat.

"You're a jerk, you know that, right?" Rayla said to Callum.

"What? What did I do? We got away, didn't we?" Callum asked confused.

"Really? You called us monsters, I'm sure that they will leave us alone now" Rayla said sarcastically.

"I didn't mean any of that, I said that to only make them back off!" Callum argued.

"You have no idea how that feels, everyone just thinks that we are monsters, and it's because of guys like you!" Rayla said and threw the cube, that we found and I previously gave her, on the ground next to him.

"Y-you got it?" He said and started to examine it.

"I hope that it's worth almost dying for" Rayla said whilst looking away from him.

I felt awful, because I was probably going to become a monster if Rayla wouldn't be there for me at the right moment and time. I actually wanted to become a monster, but she stopped me. I need to thank her for this someday, properly.

I didn't even feel a tear drop down my cheek untill Rayla snapped me out of my thoughts. "(Y/N), are you ok?" She sat next to me.

"Yes" I swiped the tear away as quick as possible and cleared my throat "I'm fine"

"Are you sure?" Rayla took my hand in hers in concern.

I was surprised by this, but not in a bad way. I looked her in the eyes, gave her a little smile and squeezed her hand reassuringly "yeah, I'm sure"

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 61 11
When ibis died, I was devastated so i decided to write this fic (which you get to be a part of) I sat thinking, what I'df something had prevented ibi...
4.7K 238 13
After the king's death, Y/n is needed for backup in case the missions to kill the princes and steal back the dragon egg fails. They've only been trai...
89.2K 2.1K 28
After the Final Battle Claudia is desperate. With her father dead and Soren siding with the elves all Claudia wants is for things to go back to the w...
21.3K 319 13
[COMPLETED!] ❝Who is it?" Ethari asked the blue-haired sky elf. ❝Someone you loved.❞ ~β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’~ Six years have passed since the return of Zym, the...