๐„๐ฒ๐ž ๐Ž๐Ÿ ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐’๐ญ๐จ๐ซ๐ฆ...

By Iyanuoluwa-Temi

Jamal Inioluwa Bamidele has known pain all his life. Diagnosed of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, due to a ch... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Meeting the Characters
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Important Author's Note
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38-Finale.

Chapter 1

2.8K 580 288
By Iyanuoluwa-Temi

Elyon's POV

I watched from the window as my dad drove into the estate, the move-in truck that carried all our belongings was right behind us. I watched as we passed houses that looked very similar to one another, that's how estates were anyway. My younger sister was right beside me, eyes glued to her phone and Bluetooth headphones against her ear.

In a matter of minutes, we got to the front of our new house. Yes, we just moved in from Abuja. My parents thought it was best to come back to their home. It didn't sit well with me at first because Abuja was the place I grew up in, it was the place where I had friends. My entire life was in Abuja but my parents didn't get that at all. On the other hand, Venus didn't mind the moving. I grew to understand later on.

I came down from the car, breathing in the fresh air. On a normal day, I hated long car rides and this was no exception because I felt car sick. Granddad had sent a car for my Dad to get us all here. I looked back into the car to see Venus still seated and jamming away. I rolled my eyes and tapped her.

"Hey, we are here. For once, get off your phone." I chided her. Venus looked around and got down, looking at the house in awe. Yes, it was a very big house, much bigger than the one we had in Abuja. Venus brought out her phone and started a snap chat video.

"Hey everyone!! We just moved into our new house. It's big right!!!" She swapped the camera to face the house. I rolled my eyes.

"Venus, stop that video. It's risky." I went to her but she didn't even listen to me. Instead, she turned to the camera back to selfie mode and grabbed me.

"And here is my cranky big sister. Always bossing me around because she's two years older than me." She hollered and I pushed her away.

"Get that camera off my face, will you." I glared at her. She rolled her eyes and stopped the video. "You must delete that video. No posting." I ordered and she groaned.

"You are such a killjoy." She said.

"And you are such a pest." I retorted and she stuck her tongue out to me.

"Girls, come one. We need to get our things inside." Our mum, Lyla Damije called from only God knows where. We saw dad paying off the man in the move-in truck who already brought down all our bags and kept them by the door of the house.

"Come on girls. We need to settle in before evening because we having dinner with the Bamidele's." Kelvin Damije, our dad announced and I groaned.

I've heard stories about how the Bamidele's and my parents go way back. How they have been friends since high school days to university days till they all got married and my parents had to move away for work purposes before I was even given birth to. Coincidentally, they lived next door. Deep down though, I was eager to meet them.

We started moving our bags in one after the other into the house. Everything was already set. We didn't need to move in chairs and tables, granddad had already done all that for us. I tried moving one of my big suitcases upstairs only for Venus to sidestep me, almost tripping me over.

"I call dibs on the big bedroom." She yelled. I made to snap back but my mum beat me to it.

"Venus, come back down here." Lyla snapped and I smirked subtly. Venus grumbled and came down, standing beside me.

"Your sister will get the bigger room because she's older than you and she needs all the space she can get. So stop being such a stubborn girl and take the room on the right side of the hallway. Elyon, you take the left. That's your room." Lyla said in a commanding tone causing Venus to grumble and ascend the stairs.

"Thanks, mummy." I smiled and she winked at me. I ascended the stairs and made my way to the room. I saw Venus's door wild open and her at the doorway, taking several pictures. I hissed and went into my room.

Wow!

This room was way bigger than my old one in Abuja. I looked around and smiled. The room was beautiful. It was painted Lilac and white with white flowers all over the Lilac paint. The bed was Queen sized and it looked soft. Just by the side of the bed, stood a medium-sized wall mirror, over a bedside table and stool. Opposite my bed was a wardrobe. At the end of the room were a reading table and a chair. Beside the table and chair was a window that was directly facing a room to the Bamidele's house. Beside the wardrobe stood the door that led to the bathroom.

All in all, the room was perfect.

I went back downstairs to pick my other suitcases. Dad was already seated, watching TV and I heard mum in the kitchen, putting it in order. I got back to my room and started to arrange my clothes into the wardrobe, folding them in. I heard Venus blasting music through her speaker and rolled my eyes.

Pest.

I picked up my iPhone and connected it to my air pods. Playing Music helped me work faster and at this point. It didn't fail me.

****

I laid on my bed, typing away on my phone. I was already done arranging and cleaning the room. My friends from Abuja were besieging me with questions, asking me to take a picture of my new home and my new room, which I did obviously. I was still on the phone when Venus trudged in.

"Dude, can't you knock or respect privacy for once in your life!" I snapped at her but she just ignored my outburst and sashayed into my room.

"Someone cannot check your room again, abi. You have become proud bah?" She teased, I hissed and laid back down on my bed.

"When you are done you'll leave my room. Bug." I muttered.

"Mummy sha said you should get ready for the dinner at the Bamidele's. We are leaving in 30 minutes." Venus announced.

"If that's all, can you leave my room now? Thank you." I said, totally ignoring her. Venus hissed, muttered some incohesive words, and left the room, banging the door behind her hard.

"Venus! Stop banging the door. O fe je gba!" I heard mum yell and I smiled. At least I'm not the only one that gets pissed by her childishness.

I stood up and went to pull down my curtain. I wouldn't want one pervert looking at my naked body as I undressed. I picked my towel and went to the bathroom.

Twenty minutes after I was out. After putting on my underwear, I went to my wardrobe to pick something to wear. Since the house was just next door, I didn't want to dress too much. So I settled on a blue off-shoulder flare gown that stopped a little above my knee.

I sat in front of my mirror and started to comb my incredible full hair. Rubbing a little bit of leave-in conditioner on it to make the texture way softer, I began to come it with ease before packing it into an eye Afro puff. I didn't see the need to do makeup but I rubbed a little bit of powder. I was picking up my phone was the table when my mum came in.

"Elyon, are you ready?" She asked me. I nodded and picked my air pods from the charging case, wore my brown gladiators, and followed her out, closing my door behind me.

Hopefully, this dinner won't be awkward.

*****

Jamal's POV

"Jamal." Skye barged into my room and fell on my bed. I rolled my eyes and turned in my chair to face her. She had a very mischievous glint in her green orbs.

"How many times will I tell you to knock? What if I was naked?" I deadpanned causing her face to scrunch up in a disgusted glare.

"Eww. Please no, that's disgusting. Now I can't get the irritating image out of my head." She groaned and I chuckled, turning back to continue fiddling on my sketch pad.

"Why are you even in my room? It's not time for my drugs yet." I gave her a side glance and went back to doodling.

"Mum said I should remind you about the dinner with Uncle Kelvin's family. They just moved in this afternoon. Didn't you see them?" She sat up, looking at me. I shook my head, not taking my eyes off the sketch pad.

"I wasn't paying attention. When are they getting here?" I asked her.

"Well," she stole a glance at the wall clock right above my bed. "Probably in the next 30 minutes. You need to freshen up you know. You've been locked in here like a vampire all day. Have you taken your drug, you know you can't miss any dose." Skye sighed. I turned to look at her and I saw a flash of pity in her green eyes. I hated pity.

"Stop acting like I'm handicapped, okay. I'm fine. And yes I've taken my drug, mum made sure of it. When they are here let me know. Please, I need to be alone." I turned back to doodling, completely ignoring her presence. I heard her sigh then her retreating steps before she closed the door behind her. I dropped the pencil and sighed, running my finger through my buzz cut.

I hated it when my family acted like I was a charity case. I know that they mean well, but sometimes I needed my space. My mum would check up on me more than five times daily and she would still send Skye to check again. Dad tried his best to make me feel normal but sometimes he can't help but look out for me too. It was quite depressing because for once I wanted to do things myself, wanted to be independent for a moment but had no choice but to be dependent on them.

****

Approximately forty-five minutes later, a knock came on my door before it opened, revealing my mum, Zaria Coker-Bamidele. My lips automatically quirked in a small smile, causing her to smile too. Seeing me smile made her happy, and I wanted to make her happy.

"We've been waiting for you to come downstairs. They want to meet you." She said.

"I'd be down in a moment. Don't worry." I assured her.

"Do you need help with anything?" She asked.

"I'm fine, mum. Go ahead, I'll join you." I told her and she nodded before she closed the door. I sighed and stood up from the chair, picked my phone, and made my way out.

As I descended the stairs I heard laughter and chattering fill the air. I completely descended the staircase and turned into the dining room. My presence caused everyone to stop talking and look at me. I inwardly groaned. I hated being the center of attention. I stretched my lip in a tight-lipped smile and walked further into the room.

"Good evening." I gave a small bow at Uncle Kelvin who looked at me awestruck. His surprise was expected. The last time he saw me was when I was probably a baby. Now he was looking at a 6ft 1" tall eighteen-year-old that was almost a foot taller than he was.

"Oh my God, is this Jamal." He walked up to me and pulled me into a hug. I chuckled as I hugged him back. He pulled away and held my shoulder at arms way. "How are you so tall, all of a sudden." The awe in his voice made me chuckle again.

"Can you imagine he is even competing for height with me?" My dad, Joel Bamidele said from the table. I gave him a skeptical look.

"I am taller than you dad," I revealed.

"An inch does not count young man." He replied and everyone burst into laughter.

Aunt Lyla also came to hug me and I crouched to accommodate her petite stature. My mum was dishing out the meal on the plate one by one and she gestured for me to come and seat, which I did. It was when I settled down that I noticed her for the first time.

She was sitting across from me, chatting away with Skye who was probably gisting her ears off. My eyes slowly took to her look. She was dressed in a blue off-shoulder gown and her hair was packed in an afro puff, at least I think it's her hair, it's so full and natural.

She took the petite stature of her mum. All-round even she looked like Aunt Lyla. She was very pretty and cute all in one. She was a bit chocolate in complexion, adding to her exquisite look. I felt a tug in my chest and I frowned. Instinctively, I placed my hand on my chest.

What the hell was that?

"Jamal, are you okay." My mum's voice pierced through my thoughts and I looked up to see everyone was looking my way, including her. I removed my hand from my chest and gave a smile.

"I'm fine. I probably just need a little water." I replied, picking up the glass of water and downing it at a goal. Everyone went back to chatting away as mum served placed chicken and coleslaw on everyone's plate. Soon everyone settled and Dad blessed the food. While he was doing that I looked up and my eyes met hers and again I felt that tug in my chest. I looked away from her subtly, turning to look at my food, my lips in between my teeth instinctively.

What the fuck?

The prayer ended and everyone dug into their meal. I was still trying to make sense of what I was feeling when I felt someone tap my shoulder. I looked to my side and noticed the girl sitting beside me for the first time that night. She was grinning widely at me and I just had to smile back because it was contagious.

"I'm Venus, I'm that big head's younger sister and the most beautiful one." She ranted and I chuckled and she smiled at me.

"Hi Venus, I'm Jamal." I stretched my hand to shake hers. Venus looked fifteen and She took Uncle Kelvin's face. Her height also showed she would take his height too and probably be taller than her sister. Speaking of her sister. "Hey, Venus. What's your sister's name?" I asked her.

"Elyon. If you ask me, it's a boring name. Unlike mine, my parents name me after the goddess of beauty." She flipper her nonexistent hair and I chuckled again. She was so cute.

"Well, I think they were pretty accurate." I was whining her. Venus was pretty, but not as pretty as Elyon.

Where did that come from?

My dad's voice interrupted everyone as he spoke up. I guess they were ready to make whatever it was a general discussion.

"Limelight is resuming in a week, I already spoke to the principal for you so he knows you are enrolling your kids soon," Dad announced.

"Yes, Lyla and I talked about it. Since it's a new session, it's even easier." Uncle Kelvin replied.

"I'm going during the weekend to purchase their uniforms and their textbooks that way it would be easier for us on Monday instead of doing all the running around that morning." Lyla chipped in and my parents nodded in agreement.

I shoved a spoon fool of fried rice and salad in my mouth and stole a look at Elyon. Well enough she was looking at me and giggling quietly. I raised an eyebrow in question and she used her thumb to clean the side of her mouth, signifying that I probably had a rice or salad stain there.

Shoot...

I gave a small smile in appreciation and took a serviette to clean my mouth. Now, this is so awkward. She smiled back at me, her dimples were evident. I felt my heart pick up in a rapid beat.

Damn.

"Elyon what class are you now?" That was mum's voice. Elyon looked at her and smiled.

"SS2 ma." She replied. Wow, she's my classmate. As if reading my thoughts, Skye squealed.

"We are going to be classmates." Skye squealed out and Elyon giggled, not knowing what to say.

"What department?" It was my Dad this time.

"Art class sir." She replied.

"Med oo," Skye screamed but Dad shot her a warning look and she calmed down. Skye wasn't in Art class though.

"We tried to talk her into doing science but, we can't force this thick-skinned girl to do something she doesn't love." Aunt Lyla smiled at Elyon.

"She took the stubbornness from her moth... Ouch!" Uncle Kelvin winced in pain when Aunt Lyla stomped on his foot erupting a wave of laughter around the dining.

"Skye is a Science student and Jamal is in Technical class," Dad said.

"Taking after your father, are you." Uncle Kelvin looked at me and I smiled.

I wanted to study art but dad persuaded me in doing technical. At least I could still draw there. He also allowed me to borrow visual arts from the art class, so I wasn't complaining.

Dinner went for a while. When we were done eating and taking desserts. The parents went over to Dad's study to 'catch up on old times. Skye dragged Elyon to her room and Venus well, decided she would use her phone. I decided to go and continue my doodling, maybe, just maybe that would take my mind off a certain Afro puff beauty that has succeeded in invading my well-guarded mind.

*****

At about 2:00 am

"Get my grandson out of here and save yourselves! "

"Grandpa No!"

"Everyone running for your lives."

Explosion!

I woke up with a start, sweating profusely and shivering at the same time.

I was hyperventilating.

I couldn't breathe.

On cue, Skye rushed into my room in her minions' pajamas and bunny slippers, hair clad in a yellow bonnet. She rushed to my side and held my shoulder, helping me to sit up. My vision became foggy and tears welled up in my eyes. She quickly helped me discard my singlet like it was obstructing the flow of air to my lungs. She ran her hand along my chest, trying to soothe me. I still couldn't breathe.

"Look at me, look at me, Jamal." She held to my face and tried to make me face her but I couldn't. My lungs were swelling up, about to explode. It was like I was drowning.

"I... Can't..." I struggled to let out. She started to cry. I wanted to hold her and tell her not to cry but I couldn't. My body was stiff. It was like I was trapped, just like every other time.

"You need to breathe. Please breath. Focus on my voice. Breath in, Breath out." She choked out. I tried to follow her technique but it wasn't working. My lungs were getting heavier.

"Mummy!!! Daddy!!" I heard Skye scream. In a flash, my parents were in my room. From my blurred vision, I could see that my Dad had the Diazepam Injection in his hands. My mum was crying. Even in my state, I knew I was causing them so much pain.

"Hold him down." My heart Dad order and my mum and Skye did. Immediately I felt pain shoot through my legs before a wave of drowsiness overcame me. In my almost unconscious state, I saw my Dad gather my mum and sister in his hands as they cried.

Please don't cry.

Then everything went black.

A/N
Surprise!!!

I'm sure you all were not expecting and chapter of this book till another two months sef but then I decided to celebrate the fact that this book hasn't even gotten so many views yet, it has almost five rankings already!!! 💃💃💃. Also, I wanted to give you all a glimpse of what the book would entail.

Honestly, I am very excited to start this book but I have to finish An Angel's touch before I do so. Also, I have to be done with school for good. But I might surprise you again tho.

What do you think about this chapter though? I love writing teen fiction which is why the chapters are going to have longer word counts than An Angel's Touch.

Don't forget to comment your views, vote, and share too. I'll appreciate it honestly.

P. S. Venus's picture was deleted from the character list and I've been trying to get it there but network... So I decided to paste it here. That's Venus in the media.

I love y'all.

Stay woke 😜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.3K 1.2K 49
Her eyes were on the ball, then it was on Grace, then back to the ball which had flown over the net and was approaching her direction, she reached fo...
110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...
150K 5.3K 60
An Indian brother-sister/family story. The Singhania family is the most prestigious family in the country. Together, they seemed to be invincible...
11K 3.1K 50
It was supposed to be a mid-year getaway for influential teenagers or children of rich parents from all parts of Nigeria. It was that annual summer c...