Love and Loss (The Fun Gilber...

By Jbic02

Jessica Gilbert has finally graduated high school and has decided to attend the University of New Orleans wit... More

Cast
Prologue
Chapter 1- End Of Summer
Chapter 2- True Lies/House of the Rising Sun
Chapter 3- Tangled Up in Blue
Chapter 5- Playing My Own Side
Chapter 6- Revenge
Chapter 7- Bloodletting
Chapter 8- The River in Reverse
Chapter 9- Ever The Savior
Chapter 10- Runaway Witch
Chapter 11- Après Moi, Le Déluge
Chapter 12- Transitions and Choices
Chapter 13- Le Grand Guignol/ Farewell to Storyville
Chapter 14- The Devil Inside
Chapter 15-Guilt & Anger Make Bad Bedfellows
Chapter 16- An Unblinking Death
Chapter 17- A Closer Walk With Thee
Chapter 18- The Battle of New Orleans
Chapter 19- From a Cradle to a Grave
Cast Part 2
Chapter 20- I'll Remember/Rebirth
Chapter 21- Yellow Ledbetter/ Alive and Kicking
Chapter 22- Prison World Blues (Part 1)
Chapter 23-Prison World Blues (Part 2)
Chapter 24- Back From the Dead
Chapter 25- Why, Kai, Why?
Chapter 26- Merging
Chapter 27- Clifford the Big Red Door
Chapter 28- Links and Bonds
Chapter 29- Friends-giving
Chapter 30- Weddings and Hexes
Chapter 31- Long Lost Sisters
Chapter 32- Taking Chances
Chapter 33- Hateful Reunions
Chapter 34- Plots and Tricks
Chapter 35- Staying One Step Ahead
Chapter 36- Different Sides
Chapter 37- Friend or Foe?
Chapter 38- Everyone's Favorite Brother
Chapter 39- The Final Battle
Chapter 40- The Aftermath
Beacon Falls

Chapter 4- Girl In New Orleans

889 24 2
By Jbic02

3rd Person P.O.V.

The next day, Jessica Gilbert wakes up at 7 in the morning to go see her favorite teenage witch. She stops by a small cafe, getting herself a coffee and a hot chocolate for Davina along with two blueberry muffins. She uses the key she carries around her neck to unlock the door of the church, only to find that it's already unlocked.

She instantly goes on guard. She pushes the door open silently and closes it in the same manner. She walks around, trying to sense anything but it's hard with Davina's power coming from upstairs, when she sees him. Jessica quickly sets her things down as a grin breaks out on her face. "Kieran?" She asks and when he turns around, she rushes to him, hugging him tightly.

"It's good to see you too, Jessica. But what are you doing here?" He asks with a chuckle and Jessica smiles.

"I'm in college at U.N.O. with my twin sister. I can't believe you're back. The faction will need you what with Klaus plotting a takeover," she mutters and he frowns when she remembers something. "Oh, you'll probably be wanting this back," she says, pulling out another key on a leather string around her neck. She hands it to him but he shakes his head.

"I think you should continue to hold onto it. If you are staying in town, I think you can protect it better than me."

"But it belongs to you, well you and Cami now that Sean is..." She trails off, unable to finish her sentence, before she clears her throat. "By the way, you might wanna watch Cami. I've warned Marcel away from her but I fear I may need to warn off the originals as well. You need to tell her."

"No. Cami can't know about any of this," he insists while Jessica frowns.

"Kieran, this is her legacy. What if something were to, God forbid, happen to you? She would inherit this key along with your spot on the faction."

"No, if something happens to me, you will take my place, Jessica. I already lost Sean, I refuse to allow Camille to suffer the same fate," he commands and she sighs, walking over to her stuff and grabbing it before heading up to Davina. She is still asleep so Jessica goes over and nudges her awake, handing her the hot chocolate, which Davina readily accepts. Davina tells her about Rebekah and shows her Elijah while Jessica pulls out a cute blue dress and tells Davina to try it on. Davina obeys and walks behind a folding screen to change while Jessica waits.

"Not that I don't love the dress, but why did you get it for me?"

Jessica laughs. "Because I've kept my ears open and word on the street is that your crush Tim is playing at the festival tonight so I thought you should dress to impress."

Davina frowns, even though Jess can't see her. "Marcel will never let me go."

"Sure he will. He might micromanage you, but at least you'd get to see Tim, right?" Davina agrees, suddenly happy, as she continues to put on the dress while Jessica has girl-talk with the sixteen-year-old.

"So let me get this straight," Davina begins, looking at herself in the mirror, still behind the screen. "You're upset because you feel deprived of sex since you haven't had any for 4 days?" She asks incredulously.

"You don't get it, D, I never thought that I would need sex but trust me, after you have it a few times, you won't want to stop," she sighs. "Hey, are you going to show me the dress or not?" Davina grins and steps out, making Jessica smile wide. "You look gorgeous. Tim won't know what hit him. Text me when Marcel agrees and I'll come over and do your hair and makeup so Tim won't be able to look away." Davina agrees happily before changing and sitting on the bed with Jessica, asking the questions that are plaguing her mind.

"Are you really worried about not having sex or worried that you're going to have sex with Klaus?"

"I don't know," Jessica answers honestly.

"Would it really be so bad? I mean I know that Marcel says that he's a bad person but you've told me the stories about him. I think you make him better and maybe you both could protect Marcel like you did last night."

"You heard about that?" Davina nods and Jessica sighs. "I don't know, D, he hurt me pretty bad last time."

"Then why did you tell Marcel to give his brother back," Davina questions, opening the coffin to reveal Elijah, who neither girl realizes is awake since Davina had pulled out the dagger to examine it the previous night.

"I told Marcel that because Mer cares for him and he can help control Klaus before he starts a war."

"So Elijah is the better original?" She asks, confused, and Jessica frowns.

"No, Elijah is worse. I can handle being hurt, plus I'm kind of a bitch. Meredith is one of the nicest people I've ever met and Elijah hurt her which means he's the worst. He is, however, the most diplomatic."

Davina frowns. "Why are you having girl-talk with me and not Meredith? Not that I don't enjoy talking to you," she hurries out, not wanting Jessica to think she is ungrateful, but Jessica just giggles.

"Because I missed my little witch. You're like my little sister, but also because if I tell Meredith, I know that eventually, you'll give Elijah back and as soon as he's undaggered, he'll work his way into my sister's good graces once again and she'll tell him everything which he will relay to Klaus in hopes of me being his brother's redemption." Davina nods when Jessica looks at her with a smile. "Thank you, Davina Claire, for being the only person I can truly trust. I know you would never hurt me over loyalty for someone else, you care about me in a way that few ever have, so thank you."

Davina smiles with tears swimming in her eyes as she hugs Jessica. "Thank you for being the big sister I never had." She goes to ask Jessica if she'll teach her to control her magic but stops herself, simply thanking Jessica once again.

"Of course." With that, Jessica leaves. Marcel arrives soon after and Davina convinces him to allow her to go to the festival with Cami. Jessica keeps her word and helps her get ready. While she is gone, Rebekah finds her way to the church but before she can enter, Elijah gets into her head. He informs her that he has a plan to get Davina on their side and that Jessica is aware of her and cares for her. He tells Rebekah to make sure Klaus knows because as Jessica told Davina, he believes Jessica is a key component in his brother's redemption.

Rebekah leaves, thinking of the conversation she had shared with Sophie Deveroux about Klaus going against Jessica, and wonders if he will actually be able to bring himself to ruin everything between him and Jessica if it means getting his city back. She fears that he might do exactly that and they will all lose Jessica forever.

Meanwhile, at the festival, Davina and Tim leave to meet at Saint Anne's with Klaus and Cami following them. As Tim plays for Davina, Cami turns to Klaus, who is in the back sitting next to her. Since she can only remember the supernatural around him, she needs to ask him about Sean now. "I know what you are. It's crazy to me, but at least it makes sense. But this... massacre... was just a pointless, brutal thing. In your life, have you ever heard of anything like that? A good man, an aspiring priest, just goes on a killing spree out of nowhere."

Klaus looks at her with a nagging sense that he knows something more about this massacre than he realizes, but shakes it off. "I've seen quite a lot in my time. The world is a rather awful place. Best to meet it on its own terms."

"No. The world isn't awful. People aren't awful. They want to be good; something makes them bad. Something breaks them down, makes them snap. There are always signs, symptoms, before someone has a psychotic break. The guy who did this had none of them; he didn't drink, he didn't do drugs..."

Klaus frowns. "You're well-informed on the matter. You knew him, didn't you?"

"His name was Sean. He was my brother. My twin, actually. I can't sleep, I... dream, about what happened, and I hate it, and I hate that I couldn't help him." Suddenly, it clicks in Klaus' mind as he sees Jessica dropping to her knees in front of her mansion, crying about a friend who had been hexed by witches.

He sighs. "I met him once," he reveals and Cami looks at him confused so he elaborates. "I didn't realize until you told me his name. There was a girl that I care about very much and she was friends with him. She's very protective of her friends and family; she would do anything for them. One day, a priest showed up on her doorstep and told her that Sean had been hexed by witches and had succumbed to it, killing all his fellow seminary students before himself. Jessica cried for so long, I worried she would never recover until she grabbed onto this necklace. It was a cross he had given her for her birthday. He'd had it engraved and she decided that she would never take it off. I met him on her birthday. He was so happy. Jessica was so upset she planned to spend the whole day alone, locked in her mansion, until he arrived and she ran out and into his arms. He brightened her whole day up. I'm sorry for your loss."

Cami is crying as she shakes her head. "No, thank you for telling me what happened. I never would've known otherwise." Klaus nods before compelling her to leave so he can attend to his business with Davina. Jessica, who is enjoying the festival herself, suddenly gets a bad feeling and makes her way to the church. While she is there, she sees Klaus, who had just gotten off the phone with Rebekah, who told him not only that Hayley was in trouble but that Jessica cared for Davina, throw Tim's violin off the church balcony and is about to throw him as well when Jessica steps out.

"Nik, stop!" She commands in such a threatening voice that he actually flinches back while Davina watches in interest. "He's a child, if you kill him, I will never forgive you. Be better than Mikael. Stop trying to push everyone away because you think it makes you weak because that's what Mikael believed and do you really want to be him?" Klaus watches her before jumping down, bringing Tim with him. Jessica smiles at him before pulling Tim to her. She looks into his eyes, compelling him. "You saw Davina at the festival, you talked and had a good time but she had to leave. You'll miss her but she told you that she won't be returning to school for a while and you're upset. You misplaced your violin, but it's okay because you got to spend time with Davina. Now leave."

He obeys as Davina thanks her, picking up the violin and taking it to the attic. Klaus tells Jessica about Hayley and she agrees to help him find her. They arrive in the bayou and find Rebekah. Before long, Hayley shows up, fine and all healed thanks to her baby, a fact that Jessica points out and makes Rebekah smile. Hayley stumbles and Klaus speeds over to her, picking her up bridal style, a sight that makes Jessica smile. They head back to the plantation house where Klaus takes Hayley upstairs before walking downstairs to talk to Jessica.

"Thank you for agreeing to help find Hayley."

Jessica nods. "Thanks for not killing Tim, that would've devastated Davina."

"You knew about her, didn't you? Camille, that she was Sean's sister?" He finds himself asking and Jessica frowns.

"Yes, which is why you need to stay away from her, Nik. Sean died because of this world and he wouldn't want Cami to suffer the same fate." With that, she leaves, not noticing Vivianne, who was standing at the top of the staircase. She laughs and Klaus whips around, frowning at the doppelgänger he agreed to let stay with them.

"What are you laughing at?" He demands and she smiles.

"Oh, I just think it's funny that you're more worried about reclaiming this city than your child and more worried about Jessica than this city. Talk about being whipped. I mean, the Klaus I knew would've used Davina's crush to try and get her on our side, yet you didn't, for Jessica. That could've cost you the city, yet you don't care."

"You're right," he snarls. "Is that what you want to hear, that I don't want to lose Jessica?"

"I want to hear that you'll keep up our deal. You promised to stay away from her if I gave you the daggers."

"Yes, well those daggers have gone missing, meaning our deal is now void," he reasons before walking out with a smile, hearing Vivianne mumble out that he better not hurt Jessica.

Meanwhile, in the attic, Davina sets the violin on her bed when she senses someone behind her. She whips around to see Elijah. "It's all right, Davina. I don't mean you any harm, though I do think it's time we had a talk." She studies him before remembering what Jessica had told her and that Elijah's worst offense was hurting her twin and eventually smiles at him, an action which he returns easily.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

455K 8.8K 65
"I don't think I would have done it. I mean, I was prepared, but I don't think I could have gone against you." "You wouldn't have killed me, but you...
98.2K 2.4K 64
After three long years, full of horror and heartbreak, Klaus Mikaelson and Penelope Gilbert-Mikaelson have finally moved from their home in New Orlea...
214K 5.3K 48
One car crash changed her life forever. Jessica Gilbert was a normal teenage girl, she and her sister were cheerleaders, they had tons of friends, an...
17.1K 577 45
One kiss changed everything. After defeating Dahlia thanks to the devious minds of Jessica Gilbert and Klaus Mikaelson, Jessica was excited to finall...