Loving A Stripper (Editing)

By lhiizzy

When her world crashed down to nothing leaving her with a fourteen-year-old sister to fend and protect, Grace... More

Introduction
chapter 1🌈
chapter 2🌀
chapter 3🌞
chapter 4🌩️
chapter 5🦄
chapter 6⛲
chapter 7 🌠
chapter 8🌾
chapter 9🥦
chapter 10🌚
chapter 11🦋
chapter 12🍬
chapter 13🕸️
chapter 14🌜
chapter 15☄️
Chapter 16🚕
Chapter 17🐼
Chapter 18❄️
Chapter 19🏍️
chapter 20🍛
chapter 21🌘
chapter 22🌕
chapter 23✨
chapter 24🌪️
Chapter 25⚙️
Chapter 26🖋️
Chapter 27🐚
Chapter 28🍎
chapter 29♣️
Chapter 31🍒
chapter 32💦
Chapter 33✂️
Chapter 34🔮
chapter 35🐺
chapter 36🎶
Chapter 37✴️
Chapter 38🌲
Chapter 39🎸
Chapter 40🥛
Chapter 41🍏
Chapter 42💖
Epilogue🏆
Authors Note

chapter 30🐬

1.4K 183 9
By lhiizzy

Grace

Explosion of pains shot from my bandage head to my aching body as I pulled the sheet to my chest and turned to my side, while the consequences of last nights decision took in with full effect, weakening every part of my body.

My eyes trailed to a glass of water that covered a note which was placed on the drawer. With a lazy stretch of my hands, I moved the glass aside and picked the note.

The aspirin is for your headache. Do ensure to take a lot of water, it helps with a hangover.

Chris and Patrick will come pick you at exactly 10:00 am for your doctor's appointment.

Kunle.

Exhaling, I let the note fall and swallowed the aspirin before laying back down with my eyes on the ceiling.

I let my mind wander to events that might have happened last night. The only thing I remembered was laying on the sofa beside Kunle, but how I did get to my room was a solved mystery answered by the note.

I searched further, hoping I did nothing stupid. Asif to torment my already shattered life, an image of me throwing up on Kunle flashed through.

"Oh my God!" I clasped my mouth with my hands as I recalled the whole event. From my admiration of his cologne to the kiss and down to me vomiting. 

I covered my face with my hands and made willing sounds that expressed how embarrassed I felt.

Just then, the door flew wide and Chris walked in. His face brimmed with a glorious smile as he adjusted the sleeve of his shirt and leaned on the door.

"You have fifteen minutes to freshen up sweetheart."

"Or?" I furrowed my brows and pulled my sheet off my body, standing.

"Or, I will drag you out in that dress." His eyes roamed my body.

"Stop staring at me like that pervert and get out, " I said, ignoring the ache that followed my speech.

"You know I can actually watch you dress," He suggested.

"Chris get out!" I threw a  pillow at his face and watched him rushed out, laughing as he did.

***

With Chris and Patrick occupying the front seats of the black BMW, I made myself comfortable at the back.

"So you threw up on Kunle?" Chris inquired while I felt a pinch to my dignity as I shook my head embarrassed.

I moved my stares to the rearview mirror and noticed the smile that spread on Patrick's lips.  God, I'm doomed.

"He told you guys?"

"Not exactly, we solved the riddle of his change of schedule and got him to spill it all," Patrick said.

"How?"

"Your appointment was 8:00 am but he moved it for your convenience. Chris here was so interested in knowing why..." I turned to Chris who was nodding continuously with a wide grin.

"... After much pesting question from Chris, he told us you were sick. And again the young man over here placed one and two. He actually forced Kunle to spill the juicy details."

"I am very intelligent."

I rolled my eyes but smiled at the thought of Kunle being forced to do something. "Yes, you are."

"Tomorrow is his birthday, you know abi?" Chris inquired, just as Patrick drove out of the compound while I stared at white identical houses, each with blue roofs and black gate.

"No," I replied, staring out the window, my interest on the environment.

"You both have a shitty employee and employer relationship," Chris said.

I exhaled at the thought of how right he was but also wished we could work things out. "Is he celebrating?"

"He has a press conference tomorrow. You know that abi?" Chris turned.

"I think you are more suitable as his assistant, you seem to know more than I do."

The laugh that escaped Patrick's lips made me frown as I stared at Chris whose smile never withered.

"She's a tough one bro. A really tough one," Patrick said, between laughs.

"Yeah I know, that's why our friend is not ready to lose her.

Huh?

I pushed myself forward and stopped between them with hands at the back of both their seats. "What do you mean by he doesn't want to lose me?" I inquired staring from one to another.

Dead silence was what filled the car as they both gaze at each other, sharing an untold secret with their eyes.

"I am waiting oh."

"When you got missing your boss went ballistic," Patrick explained, breaking the long silence.

"Stop exaggerating things."

"No, I'm serious, he was ready to pay the sum of 10million Naira at a spot," Patrick defended his motion.

"10 million Naira for what?"

"Ransom," Chris said, finally joining the conversation.

"I can proudly say he handled the investigation. He called my Dad, got us a lead from the airport and never had a good night rest the period you went missing."

"It is normal nah, the bossy ass loves handling stuff himself, una suppose know," I said, defending Kunle's action and making myself comfortable on my seat.

"Trust me when I say it's not normal. Kunle is our friend and we think he likes you."

I snorted as the joke had me creaked into laughter, a rip creaking laugh that made me hold on to my stomach.

"Oh my God, I am the last person Kunle will like. We are like cat and dog, forget the fact I am his assistant," I said, wiping my eyes.

"But he kissed you at the dinner party weeks back."

All traces of laughter disappeared as I stared at Chris who gazed back with pressed lips and raised brows.

"Kunle only kisses girls he feels something for. I've seen him relate with ladies and I've also seen him with Simi while they were lovers."

He turned, now facing the dashboard as Patrick rode into the highway.

"He cares for you Grace."

I stared out the window still holding on to my tummy as his words had me heated up and confused. "Funny if he does, cause he is not showing it."

"See just forget the handsome face, Kunle is not good with women but I'm sure he likes you. Love might be a strong word but he definitely likes you," Patrick said, slowing the car as the traffic light turned red.

***

Kunle

The files on my hands landed on the floor and all documents arranged by Joy scattered with the drop caused by my unstable mind that always wondered to Grace. "Damn it."

I bent to pick them but the knock on the door caught my attention.

"Everything is set for tomorrow..." She rushed to where I was squatted beside my desk.

"Did you send reminders?" I inquired as she help picked the files without commenting on the scattered document.

"I did Kunle." She gathered the files and took those in my hands. Within seconds she had them properly arranged and placed on my desk.

"How are you?" She inquired.

I exhaled as her question had a sharp edge. It's been years I was asked this question and the thought she really cared had me weak as I took my seat.

I smiled. "I am fine Joy, you don't have to worry about me."

"And Grace, How is she?"

"She's ok, getting better, getting drunk and crazy." My smile grew as I remembered last night's event.

"Now that's a real smile."

I blinked, confused as I stared at my elderly secretary.

"You should talk to her about your feelings."

"Not you too, why does everyone think I have feelings for this girl?"

"Because it's written over your face. When I met my late husband in Benue State University he had this look. But was more shy." Her head flew backwards as she burst into laughter, recalling joy-filled memories.

"Whenever we talk about her, you have that look. I am old. I know but..."

"You are not old. You are one of the youngest, fresh and beautiful women I know."

"Stop teasing me young man. I worked for your father before you, so stop that nonsense."

I chuckled as she took the seat before me. Joy was my dad's secretary before mine. A woman of great honour and diligent to her work. I was ready to let her go get some rest, but she wasn't ready to leave.

"Kunle, this advice is coming from me being a mother and a woman. If you like this girl, go tell her. 9ja we no dey carry last."

"Yes ma'am. If I do have feelings for her. I will tell," I replied with a smile.

Then you will tell her tonight?

I shut my subconscious and watched Joy stroll out with the document she arranged.

Puffing out air, I stared at my phone knowing I still wasn't certain what I felt for Grace.

Was it lost or love.

Indeed I was confused but I pushed it all away and focused on tomorrow.

***
Glossary

Una suppose know-- You'll know.

9ja we no dey carry last-- Nigerian's are never last.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 32.9K 35
C O M P L E T E D "I love you" i said with tears rolling down my cheeks. "I have never loved you Mia , you were Just a quick Chick to fuck with." He...
132K 3.4K 90
Rank #1 in watty2020 28/1/2020 Rank #1 in eroticaromance 19/1/2020 Rank #9 in watty2020 13/1/2020 Rank #25 in passionate 10/1/2020 Rank #14 in Blaze...
95.7K 1.5K 60
I lean upwards towards his ear breathing softly. "your mean." I murmur as I swallow a whine he clearly heard. His delish smirk appears "No" he shake...
89.3K 1.9K 58
He craves emotions, feelings, but he doesn't show it. She used to crave emotions, feelings, but now she doesn't. If it means to love him and get the...