My mate - Accept or reject

By FriendsIsEverything

I had known who my mate was ever since I was 18, but we are not a couple. He's my brother's best friend, and... More

*Chapter 1 - fleeting mate*
*Chapter 2 - Giving him a chance*
*Chapter 3 - Is Emily my mate?*
*Chapter 4* - Heartbreak
*Chapter 5* - The Mating Game
*Chapter 6* - Waiting for The Game to begin
*Chapter 7* - preparation for The Mating Game
*Chapter 8* - First day of The Game
*Chapter 9* - Why won't you accept me?
*Chapter 10* - one step closer to be accepted
*Chapter 11* - once a player always a player - right?
*Chapter 12* - Claimed
*Chapter 13* - Struggle
*Chapter 14* - Losing her wolf
*Chapter 15* - Want to keep you safe
*Chapter 16* - It you I want
*Chapter 17* - New home
*Chapter 18* - Here with me
*Chapter 19* - I'm yours
*Chapter 20* - Respect your Luna
*Chapter 21* - Girl time
*Chapter 22* - meeting the parents
*Chapter 24* - Losing a mate
*Chapter 25* - The Moon Goddess
*Chapter 26* - members leaving their pack!?
*Chapter 27* - Lean on me
*Chapter 28* - Nothing is won without something else is lost.
*Chapter 29* Live or die
*Chapter 30* - Riddle
*Chapter 31* - The Moon Goddess
*Chapter 32* - Freeing the mates
*Chapter 33* - The Dark One
*Chapter 34* - Surprises
*Chapter 35* - Epilogue

*Chapter 23 - Use our powers*

9.9K 286 9
By FriendsIsEverything

*Lucas's POV*

I looked down my sleeping mate, I couldn’t believe I was so lucky to have such a perfect mate. I knew that I should wake her since it was already 8.30 and Clarina would be here at 9 o'clock, but I knew that if I woke her up now, I would probably not see her much before the afternoon, and I would therefore keep her with me as long as possible, today would be the first time where we wouldn’t be close to each other ever since we mated, and it was not something I looked forward to. As if my feelings influenced her, Emily began to wake up, and her eyes slowly opened, and I feel joy when she sends me a groggy smile. I lower my head and kiss her, it’s a kiss that quickly develops, but it’s interrupted when it knock on the door and I hear my mother's voice.

"Lucas and Emily Clarina are here, so you have to wait to make my grandchildren for another time."

I grunts shyly over my mother's choice of words, and feels how Emily hides her face by my neck, and when I lift my head, I see that she once again have becoming red, and I couldn’t help but smile at her.

"You have to learn to live with my mother's directness, because I’m sure that she will never change. And in time we hopefully won’t find it so embarrassing anymore."

This make Emily giggle.

"I don’t think we ever going to be totally immune to the embarrassment of her comments. I think that is why you have mothers, so they can embarrass us sometimes."

I laugh consenting before I raise your voice and shout out to mom.

"We be there in a moment mother, will you please keep Clarina company, until we get down?"

"It’s me who has brought you up, so don’t try to teach me manners. I'll keep Clarina company, but hurry up, so she don’t have to be with me to long, since that’s not why she is here, it would be rude of you."

20 minutes later
*Emily P.O.V*

"Clarina, I'm really sorry that I made you wait, it really wasn’t my attention, but my mate didn’t wake me, and had turned clockwise off."

I said apologetically as soon as I came into the room. But Clarina just smiled at me before we gave each other a hug.

"It's perfectly okay Emily, it's not like we have a schedule, so I have plenty of time. Unless it gets in the afternoon then it may well happen that we going to have my worried mate coming over."

She laughed, and I couldn’t help laughing with her since I knew she was right. None of our mate could be apart from us for too long. That we had demanded this morning for ourselves was almost too much to ask for, but I was happy that they had let us get some girlfriend time. I smiling at Jean and said.

"Thank you kept her company."

"Of course, my girl, though I was sorry to interrupt you in the middle of the baby making."

She said with a mischievous twinkle in her eye, and I could feel that I blushed again before I murmured shyly.

"You didn’t Jean, and if you keep making me and my mate embarrass on the subject, then you end up having to wait a long time before you get the long waited grandchild."

This prompted Jean to silence before she with a smile to us said.

"Well then I'll leave you alone so you can enjoy your time without your mates."

She laughed before she left the room. Clarina smile at me.

"Well I can hear that it’s not only my mother-in-law who is busy with the grandchildren."

She laughed, prompting me to look at her in surprise.

"Do you mean my mom want you and Matthew to give her grandchildren?"

And when she nods, I say resignedly.

"Fantastic, we end up having to hear the speech about grandchildren wherever we are. We are so lucky. "

This made both of us to laugh, cause we knew that it probably would end up being true. Then Clarina looked at me.

"Well, to talk about something else, shall we go for a walk and investigate?"

She asked, with a conscious fluttering choice of words. Since we never know who listened, we found ourselves, after all, in a house filled with werewolves.

"Well let's go, I know right where we can go."

Quickly we left the house and went into the woods to a place where I knew there was a clearing that we could use to examine our potential powers. When we finally were there, I looked questioningly at Clarina.

"Have you any idea about how your powers work? I mean I've tried a little in secret, but it hadn’t managed to get just any tingling in the fingers. So I must admit that I actually think it wasn’t me who make the ground moves those two times the earth disappeared. Because since The Mating Game, there has been nothing at all. So either that, or it disappeared whit my wolf. "

I say, and can’t keep the sorrow out of my voice when I mention Amy's absence. Clarina laid a supportive arm around my shoulder.

"I can’t imagine how you feel, because I have never had a wolf, but I can imagine it must be hard for you to suddenly not having Amy anymore. But I also know that there's a reason for everything and you just have to wait and see what the reason is for you to lose Amy, I don’t believe that it happened without a reason."

She said softly, and I quietly nodded, because I know that she is right. When Clarina apparently can sense that I have once again gained control of my emotions she continues.

"I must admit that I haven’t tried to use my powers since I Matthew was captured, both because I have had incredible little time on my own, but to be honest also because I hadn’t have the courage to do it on my own. But I and Matthew found out that my powers only work when I feel a threat and really want to protect another, I got my powers transferred so both I and Matthew were protected. But I have to figure out how I can use them without having the imminent dangers present, because otherwise I can’t use it."

I nod thoughtfully before I exclaims.

"Can’t you just think about the situation where there was a threat to you? Try to see if it may not be enough to get your powers , there can’t happen anything by it, try again to protect yourself, and if you think it’s working then nod you, and I try to attack you , to see if it works, okay?"

I ask, looking at her. Clarina looks a little absent, but I can see that she concentrate, and I understand that she is trying to make contact with her powers. And I must admit that I make big eyes when I see, first her hands, and then her body lit up before she meets my gaze and nod. I try to kicking the legs out from underneath her, but didn’t succeed, so I try again, with more effort, but no matter how hard I try to get through her defenses it failed, and I stop smiling.

"You have it, now you know how it works."

I say happy, and although Clarina nods, she don’t look satisfied. And I understand why when she says.

"Yes I know how I can protect myself, but I want to learn how I protect others and I can feel how my energy slowly disappears when I use my powers, and I have to be able to preserve both the protection field but also my energy, so my powers can actually be used for anything. It doesn’t helps that I can protect myself and others if I suddenly without warning loses the energy like I did during my captives, then I would expose us to even more dangers."

She say sadly, and I nod because I can see what she means.

"That's why you should just practice, it is a possibility that with training you will have total control over your powers."

I say encouraging, and receiving a grateful smile from Clarina. Before she looks at me.

"Well now we need to find out how to get your powers to the surface. What emotions did you have when it happened? "

She asked, I shrugged before I replied.

"I really don’t know because there was no continuous feeling. I think the first time was with Madeline, I felt hurt and angry. But when it was Malina I just felt useless. So I can’t say that it was because I felt that way when it happened, so I really don’t know what could possibly cause my powers if it was actually me who did it."

Clarina looked at me before she exclaimed.

"It remains to be the emotion that has given you the ability to use your powers. You say that you felt angry the first time and useless when Malina was attacked, but you have to have felt anger at what they tried to do?"

I wrinkled my brows confused – had I really also been angry? I could honestly only remember that I felt useless and hopeless at the time when I was sure that it was soon over with me. But Clarina was right because when I saw Malina being attacked because of that she had tried to protect me, I was angry. So maybe it’s the angry feeling I need to focus on to get my powers back into play.

"I think maybe you're right. I was actually angry both times, and it may be the reason for my powers, but how do we find out if that is true, I can’t just try to make the ground disappear, what if it’s disappear below us."

"Try the stone over there, maybe you can remove the ground under it?"

Says Clarina, nodding toward a large rock. I look concentrated at the stone, while I concentrate on the feelings I had when Melanie tried to get me to believe that she and Lucas were together. I feel how the earth vibrate slightly and hear Clarina come with a frightened outbreak, but nothing more happen. Therefore, I try to rediscover a feelings I had when Malina was attacked, but nothing happens and I look resigned at Clarina. But just as she is about to say something, the wind blow up, and seconds after the rain begins to fall. Clarina looks surprised up at the now dark sky before she again looks at me.

"Is it you who do this?"

She asks astonished, and I pull confused on the shoulders, this make Clarina smile crooked.

"Think of Lucas, think of the feeling he give you just by breathing."

I smile indulgently while I do as she says, and can immediately feel how, first the rain and then the wind stops, to be replaced by bright sunshine. Clarina squeals and claps her hands.

"It is you who makes it, Emily you can control the weather."

I look at her in astonishment before I again focus on the defeatist feeling I had before, and immediately the clouds draws together again, but before the storms begin again I thinking of Lucas, and the storm disappears as fast as it came. This makes me laughing and look at Clarina.

"You're right, it's me who does it."

This makes her laugh before she throws her arms around me.

"You know what that means Emily, we have power. Now we just have to learn to use them."

I nodded smiling, I knew she was right.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 25K 34
" You are my mate and i forbid you from going out with any other guy.", he hissed. "You can't do this to me! I have rights you know!", i yelled. "Wha...
Markie By RuHu

Werewolf

1.4K 92 9
All werewolves have mates. So what happens when you fall for someone before you're 18... "Hopefully hes my mate" is all Markie can think as she waits...
883K 33.6K 57
"Say your goodbye Annie, you will not be seeing him again. You will choose a mate and be marked by next week so that you may start your training." My...
9K 242 32
The names Veronica. I am a newly eighteen year since I just turned eighteen. I accidentally crossed my packs border into moonstruck pack. I mean, I d...