Reborn as The-Girl-Who-Lived

By KyssaraSnowheart

Cliche title I know. The last thing I remember before the darkness consumed me, was the smell of a hospital a... More

Prologue
New Life, New World
Author's Note
Goodbyes
Growing up with the Dursleys
Magical Snake
Letter and Visitors
Diagon Alley, Gringotts and Tests
Ladyships and Shopping
Wand and Living Arrangements
Questions and Revelations
Potter Will, Properties and Death's Book
Sweet Magic I'm This Rich?!
Birthday Gifts
Changing Views
Finally at Hogwarts!
Unity and Introducing Salmissra
Author's Note #2
Learning About Potions
Special Assignment
Study Group and Meeting
What's Happened Out of Hogwarts
Flying Brooms and Wings
Making The Team and Failing Plans
The Daily Prophet and Hagrid
Samhain with a Surprise
Quidditch and Seeing Hagrid
Not a Chapter
Meanwhile, Outside of Hogwarts Pt.2
Holiday Plans Part 1
Holiday Plans Part 2

More Mundane Teachings, Ally and New Ring

26.1K 934 260
By KyssaraSnowheart

The rest of the weekend went by fairly quickly and I had to admit I started to like Yoga. The new workout? Not so much.

I headed back to my room and to the bathroom to take a nice, long bath.

My muscles are so sore it's not even funny, and I knew it will be a while before my body grew accustomed to the new activities.

Knowing I have a some time before heading to breakfast I close my eyes and enjoy the bath, meditating as I do and let my magic out freely with no fear of being found out.

"You pushed yourself a little to hard Bella."

"Not really, I simply need to keep doing it and get it right all the time so I don't hurt myself. I can live with sore muscles but not if I get too hurt from doing the workout wrong."

Thanatos hums as he stands by the tub and I hear the cling of a vial touching the surface of the bathtub. Turning to him I look at the vial and groan when I recognize the pain relieving potion but take it anyway and almost gag.

"I really wish they tasted better."

"You could, with the right ingredients."

"I know, but I'd like to have you and Sev with me as I do them. Learn from two different sources and teach as well. Don't give me that look. You may be eternal and know a lot about the world, but even you have to admit that certain things are new even to you."

I look at him before grabbing my towel and getting out of the tub while Thanatos chuckles and passes a hand on my back. "Indeed you are right. I shall leave you to finish, my Bella." He kisses my head and vanishes, making me smile and shake my head. He can be rather clingy.

Looking at the robe I frown before grabbing it, going to my trunk a chucking it inside while taking a cloak out and putting it on. Looking myself in the bathroom mirror and nodding before heading out to the common room. Sal already out and exploring the castle some more.

Reading over some notes on Herbology class, I relax and wait by the glass wall.

"I was hoping to find you here early."

'Why is it that when I try to relax someone always comes along and interrupts me?'

Turning my head towards the voice I take in their figure. He was skinny but had some form to his appearance, his complexion was pale, strong jaw line and black hair and a little taller than myself. His eyes a different shade of green, but one could tell he was analyzing someone or something and trying to choose the best outcome.

"Found me you have fellow First year." I say casually and that seems to throw him off some before composing himself and approaching me some more. "I don't believe we are acquainted, I'm--"

"Arabella Potter. I know who you are, it be hard not to." He says with a smile that could be confused by a friendly one had I been unable to see through it and find a strategist. When I said nothing or even chuckled, he clears his throat and continues. "I'm Theodore Nott, Heir to The Most Ancient and Most Noble House of Nott."

He offers his hand to me with a hidden smirk as if I were nothing. Looking at his hand before looking at him as I close my book and stand up.

"Since you've introduced yourself so formally then so shall I." Grabbing his hand with mine, I see his eyes widen some when I let some of my magic brushes his, making him gulp.

"I'm Arabella Violet Potter-Black, Lady to The Most Noble and Most Ancient Houses of Potter and Black, and Most Ancient and Pristine House of Slytherin," once I gave him the proper Pureblood greeting, I let my Potter, Black and Slythering ring be seen.

I knew that this was a bit of a power move. Nott Senior is a Death Eater and his son would more than likely follow in his footsteps. Somehow though I felt like he wouldn't if my plans played out as they have been.

Nott was actually shaking as he looks at me and I shake his hand before letting it go and getting my bag and books. "It was a pleasure meeting you Heir Nott. Perhaps we can talk some more in the coming days." I took a few steps away and stop, "oh and before I forget; do keep our little chat to yourself. I find it unsavory when private conversations are spilled to anyone who wasn't part of the conversation."

Letting my magic flare some I heard his breath hitch and I walk away, knowing I made myself perfectly clear and should he go against what I said he wouldn't like the end result.

He may be smart but he just realized that there are others smarter and more vicious while at the same time looking none-threatening.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Classes in the morning went by without a hitch, and my friends and I were having fun while comparing notes and studying. This earned Ravenclaw and Slytherin 15 points each from Prof. Sprout and 5 from Prof. Flitwick, making us all smile and nod at one another while the rest of the students stared at us but we could tell they were curious and wanted to try the same thing.

After Charms, Sal had found me and got on me, all the while telling me what she did and how students gave her weary looks but left her alone, except for some of the older ones.

"Sal seems to enjoy being able to move around now." Mia says as she pet Sal's midsection and said Dark Basilisk sighs in content.

"She does, though she is always careful wherever she goes...but still has fun playing her version of 'pop goes the weasel' from time to time."

"Pop goes the weasel? Is that a reference towards the Weasley brat?" Blaise asks and Mia and I chuckle.

"No, not like that. Pop goes the weasel is a song that plays from a toy called Jack-in-a-box."

"Muggles-- I mean mundane have toys that play music? How? They have no magic." Nev asks as we make our way towards the twins and sit at Gryffindor table again and just like last time we got many looks.

"Mundanes have many things that will blow your mind away. Heck they have a better way to communicate than Floo calling." I tell them and immediately Fred and George lean towards me.

"They do?" Both ask at the same time making me nod.

"That's right. They use a device called a telephone."

"Dad talks about those all the time, but we still don't understand how to use them."

"Well if you want to talk to someone, you have to input the telephone number of the person you want to talk to. Kinda like when you make a Floo call, you throw the powder into the flame and call the house or property of the person you want to talk to, only with a telephone it's just pressing the correct amount of digits. Plus the area code."

I look at them and stifle a laugh at their bewildered looks. "I think showing you would be better."

"What about the box thing? The toy with the song, how does that work?" Blaise asks as we serve ourselves some food and I check for any potions or spells. Thankfully there are none.

"Well the song comes from a device called a music box. This box is made with a pattern of sorts that when winded plays a song. There are many musical boxes and all play different songs or sounds even."

"It sings?" Daph asks looking at me with bright and curious eyes.

"No. It doesn't sing, only plays the melody. In fact I have a music box in my trunk, I'll let you guys hear it when I bring it." I tell them.

"How does the "Pop goes the weasel song go?" Nev asks.

"What did you just say Longbottom?!" An angry Ron Weasley asks with his mouth full of food making all of us make a face of disgust. "What did you call me?!"

"No one is talking to you Weasley, or about you for that matter." I retort and go back to my friends ignoring the sputtering of the youngest Weasley. "As for the song, its a nursery rhyme. You want to hear it?"

"Yes!" They shout bar Mia who already knew it but was shaking her head with a small smile. Chuckling I clear my throat and begin to sing.

'Round and 'round the cobbler's bench
The monkey chased the weasel,
The monkey thought 'twas all in fun
Pop! Goes the weasel.

A penny for a spool of thread
A penny for a needle,
That's the way the money goes,
Pop! Goes the weasel.

A half a pound of tupenny rice,
A half a pound of treacle.
Mix it up and make it nice,
Pop! Goes the weasel.

Up and down the London road,
In and out of the Eagle,
That's the way the money goes,
Pop! Goes the weasel.

I've no time to plead and pine,
I've no time to wheedle,
Kiss me quick and then I'm gone
Pop! Goes the weasel.

I finish and they all stare at me and I blush some. "This was made by a either a Brit or English person, I'm not sure."

"That was a bit...morbid don't you think?" Blaise says and the others agree.

"It is a bit on the morbid side, yes. But the melody and sound itself isn't. Now let's eat shall we?" No sooner than that I start to eat and enjoy the meal while closing the book Mia had and ignoring her protests as I point at the food as her stomach growls, making her blush and eat.

We were about to leave when I saw Hedwig make her way to me with a letter.

She lands in front of me and I give her some meat and water after taking the letter and seeing it was from Gringotts. I put it away in my bag and get up to go to my next class of the day.

Unknown to me, a certain Slytherin was watching as I leave with a curious look in his eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The rest of the day flew by rather quickly and before we knew it we were eating dinner and saying goodnight before heading to our common rooms.

Throughout the day, my mind wandered towards the letter safely in my bag and what contents it had. I was also curious as to why Radhiork didn't send the letter to the chest I had purchased from him. Oh well.

Deciding it could wait until I was ready to sleep, I head over to my spot by the glass window and work on the assignments handed out today.

My senses alert me that someone is watching me, but not with ill intent.

Glancing at the direction I feel the gaze coming from, my eyes land on Heir Nott who is shuffling were he stands. Sighing I keep working as I speak.

"What can I help you with Heir Nott?"

I wait in silence as I work before he slowly approaches me and stands a few feet in front of me.

We both remain quiet, the only sound coming from my glamored pen as I work before finally he decides to speak.

"I want to apologize for my behavior this morning," he begins and wisely refrains from using my tittles and to make sure no one listens in, I cast Muffliato. "The way I approached you was with the intent of blackmailing you yes, maybe even gain more advantage over the other Slytherins. But I have come to realize that you are superior and had you wish to, cause harm to me.

"I've seen you bring unity to all Houses and not caring for blood statues...like I do."

I stare at him in silence, waiting for him to continue with narrowed eyes as the only warning for him to choose his next words wisely.

"Now I have started to realize that blood statues doesn't really mean anything. I've noticed you and the Granger girl do outstanding work in both your magical performance and when question on a subject. Malfoy and other Purebloods couldn't keep up with the both of you bar a few. Them being your friends.

"So I've decided to align myself with you."

He looks at me as he holds his breath, waiting for my answer.

Putting away my stuff I stand before him, giving him a critical and serious look. "Do this and you will have to report to me anything and everything your father tells you, speaks about and that you can discover on your own. I know he's a Death Eater, yes is. Not was," his eyes widen and he turns paler than before. "Doing this means you are no longer with him or Voldemort" he gasps and shakes some. "Betray me or put mine in danger, you won't like the consequences. Do you understand Heir Nott?"

"Yes Lady Potter," he answers and raises his wand. "I Theodore Nott, Heir to the Most Ancient and Most Noble House of Nott do swear on my magic to never betray Arabella Potter, harm her or the ones she claims as hers by my hand and wand or any others. So I say it, so mote it be."

I raise an eyebrow at him, surprised he would take a Wizard's Oath but nod and shake his hand before walking to my room, lifting the Muffliato.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally laying in bed after a shower, I retrieve the letter Radhiork sent me and begin to read.

Lady Potter,

I hope this letter finds you well.

I am pleased to inform you that the investigation of Grunnings Drill Making Company has been completed and the evidence of theft found to be true. We removed the percentage and had a copy of the evidence sent to our hired lawyer Andromeda Tonks nee Black, who investigated all bank transactions.

She then confronted Mr. Dursley with a warrant and has been detained for questioning and had the police confiscate all items in the office.

After this she, along with more police officers headed over to Number 4 Privet Drive and walked in with the search warrant. Needless to say both the police and Mrs. Tonks found evidence of your abuse at their hands and had both Petunia and Dudley Dursley detained as policemen started gathering evidence.

You have my deepest and most sincere apologies, no child should be put through abuse of any kind.

They are now in custody and Mrs. Tonks is awaiting the right moment to question them.

On to matters of what you told me about the Gaunt ring. You were right.

I had dispatched a group of goblins and found the Shack to be under heavy Black magical protection along with the ring.

The ring, along with another item that was found and corrupted in Number 12 Grimmauld Place have been cleansed and await you in the chest.

I shall send more information on what is discovered by the police and Lord Greengrass.

May your enemies fall to your blade
Director Radhiork

I knew that the news of my childhood would be discovered soon and that made me very anxious and worried. I know that it has to be done but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

Putting the letter beside me, I reach for my trunk and take out the chest before sitting down and opening it.

Laying there besides one another were Gaunt's ring and Slytherin's Locket.

I take the ring and put it on an empty finger and gasp at the feel of the ring, but more so the feel of the Resurrection Stone.

Looking at it I smile in content and then look at the locket and decide to put it away for now.

Closing the chest, I get in bed and let sleep claim me.

What I didn't know was that the moment I put on the ring and held the locket, Lady Hogwarts, the wards and all the ghost residing within got a magical boost. All under the old goat's nose.

Gaunt Ring Link:
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/261279215851633668/

Slytherin Locket Link:
https://www.amazon.com/Noble-Collection-Potter-Horcrux-Locket/dp/B004EFUQ38

I thought it was going to be a short chapter. Oops!

What do you think so far? Leave a comment to let me know!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.3K 201 18
It was a classic love story between Lily Evans and James Potter. They met, eventually fell in love, got married and came to have two beautiful little...
105K 3.5K 31
The war had lasted years too long and Harry was left alone, the only one to survive on the battle field. He couldn't take it. But Death had different...
9.1K 265 26
"Y/n, could you please join us in the real world for a few moments?" She grumbles in complaint, "But my book is getting to the good bit." "And the g...
76.1K 3.6K 37
"Why do you keep looking at me?" Y/N finally asked, her eyes still focused on the book in her hands. Hermione's voice was gentle as she replied, "I l...