FRESH AIR || Haikyuu!! X Read...

By caxsthetic

Different people, different mind. Starved to be loved and yet we couldn't do anything to make them love us. T... More

Be Mine? || Akaashi Keiji
Loving You || Oikawa Tooru
Gentle Affection || Sugawara Koushi
Intoxically Mine || Akaashi Keiji
Pleading Eyes || Bokuto Koutarou
Hopeful Eyes || Bokuto / Akaashi
Lovely Eyes || Akaashi Keiji
Behind Those Eyes || Bokuto Koutarou
Not Anymore || Kageyama Tobio
Homesick || Oikawa Tooru
Away From Home || Oikawa Tooru
Coming Home || Oikawa Tooru
Divided Heart || Nishinoya Yuu
Main Character || Tendou Satori
Lost to Pride || Miya Atsumu
Lost to Doubt || Miya Atsumu
Lost to Him || Miya Atsumu
Completely Lost || Miya Atsumu
Made a Way || Bokuto Koutarou
Grant her Wish || Kita Shinsuke
Leave Me || Sawamura Daichi
Love Me || Sugawara Koushi
Fluffy Comfort || Kozume Kenma
Drunken Cowboy || Miya Atsumu
Let it Brimmed || Tsukishima Kei
Balter || Tendou Satori
Need You Now || Kuroo Tetsurou
Stuck With U || Oikawa Tooru
Elegiac || Miya Atsumu
Caim || Kita Shinsuke
Anagapesis || Kuroo Tetsurou
Saudade || Akaashi Keiji
Just Fine || Miya Osamu
Be Fine || Miya Osamu
Not Fine || Miya Osamu
Never Fine || Miya Osamu
Fine Line || Miya Osamu
Will You Be Fine? || Miya Osamu
I Am Fine || Miya Osamu
Who Needs Memories || Miya Osamu
Warm Up || Yaku Morisuke
With Hope || Miya Osamu
With Time || Kageyama Tobio
In the Rain || Miya Osamu
With Lie || Suna Rintarou
Agape || Iwaizumi Hajime
With Bond || Miya Atsumu
Let The Storm In || Kita Shinsuke
When The Storm Passed || Kita Shinsuke
Through The Storm || Kita Shinsuke
Compromise || Kita Shinsuke
The Dumb One || Miya Atsumu
Round and Round || Suna Rintarou
In Circle || Suna Rintarou
Right Back Home || Miya Atsumu
Contented Heart || Kita Shinsuke
When The Curtains Closed || Sakusa Kiyoomi
To Stay || Kita Shinsuke
To Love || Kita Shinsuke
The One || Miya Osamu
Who Have You || Miya Osamu
HC || Pampering Day
HC || First Christmas
Wedding Band || Kuroo Tetsurou
Golden || Miya Atsumu
Secluded Booth || Miya Osamu
Sleep The Night || Miya Atsumu
With Each Flaw || Hirugami Sachirou

Querencia || Oikawa Tooru

6.5K 228 138
By caxsthetic

With a large bowl full of popcorn, a little girl, not older than six years old, sat in the living room with her legs crossed. Her eyes focused on the television in front of her, munching the light snack as she waited.

"Mom! It will start in a minute!"

She shouted, informing her mother who was currently sweating due to heat in the kitchen she was in. The little girl shouted for you, her mother that would do anything for the whole family.

"Let me just get this cake out from the oven!" You shouted back, arms trying to get the sweat off from your forehead. With carefulness, getting the tres leches cake out from the oven. Your nostrils twitched, wanting to devour the freshly baked sweets,

"Mom! Dad's appeared!" The shout made you panic, resulting in you almost dropping the cake. Thank god having a hyperactive daughter made your reflexes quite good.

You calmed down when the cake was steady again. Letting out a long sigh, you compose yourself before putting the cake neatly on the kitchen island. With ease, you take off your apron from your body, hanging it on the spot beside the fridge.

Your eyes scanned the kitchen once again before leaving, making sure that everything was under control. When you were sure that there would be no fire, that's when you strod to the living room, your husband's voice filled the whole room.

"What took you so long, mom?" Your daughter asked you once you sat beside her, she leaned her body towards you immediately, mouth still munching the snack that you prepared for her before.

"The cake, my princess." You wrapped one of your arms around her tiny frame. She fed you some popcorn as the two of you looked at the figure who was now being interviewed, "Oohhh! What do you think about dad's suit today?"

Your daughter squinted her eyes, and you already know what her answer would be when you saw her scrunched up her nose.

"Dad should go with a darker shade of green," She stated bluntly, watching her father laughing at the television for something that the interviewer said, "Really, with that chartreuse color, he looks like trash."

You choked on the popcorn when you heard the nickname, making the poor girl panic when you started to cough repeatedly. When you didn't stop coughing, she immediately got down from the couch, running to the kitchen.

She's back in seconds with a glass of water in her hand, you grabbed the glass immediately, gulping it down until the bottom of it. Your daughter giggled at how tired you look,

"Trash? Did you just call your father trash?" Your voice was like a dagger to her, but an amused look in your eyes made her know that you were just joking around, "Let me guess, Uncle Hajime?"

"Yes!" She climbed back to the couch, sitting on your left thigh, "I mean, dad's suit looked like trash on him." You hummed, acknowledging your daughter and gave her a little peck on the side of her head.

"So, who would be the one that loves to ramble about their own family?" The interviewer asked the whole Japanese Nationals Volleyball Team in front of them, "I mean, most of you already had someone in their life, right?"

"Let say we are all proud of our own family," The black haired middle blocker stated, body leaned forward a little as a cheeky grin appeared in his face, "But Tooru was the worst, he couldn't get enough of his wife's attention!"

"Eww," Your daughter voiced her thought all of a sudden, "I suddenly remembered that one time in the locker room! Bwergh~ I want to puke," You blushed immediately, closing her mouth with your palm to shut her up.

It's not that you and your husband having sex in the locker room or something. It was just an intense making out. But of course, knowing your daughter just saw her parents almost devouring each other like that, it's not really a sight that you want her to remember.

"Well, I mean... How could I not not asked for her attention?" Oikawa winked at the camera, knowing well you must be watching him through the television at home, "She's been with me through everything. Knocking some sense on me when I started to be irrational, putting up with my trashy act, patience enough to follow me anywhere... AND, deliver a child that I love so much..."

"See? This is what I mean," The middle blocker cackled, "He's just a hopeless romantic! Either for his wife, or her daughter."

"He's saying the truth, Kuroo." One of your husband's teammates that used to be his biggest rival, voiced his opinion, "Oikawa was very vocal indeed, sometimes I wonder how could his family survive his antiques."

"I want to bury myself sometimes," Your daughter voiced her opinion too, making you chuckled at how sinister that sentence was, "Dad was just that bad with his pun."

"Oh my god," Kuroo clenched his chest, fakely gasping when he heard the opposite hitter let out a sarcasm, "The Ushijima Wakatoshi? Blessing us with a sass?"

You chuckled at the interaction between those adults on the television. They were just like a bunch of children that were trapped on an adult body. Then your eyes fell to your husband who smiled longingly for a split second, a smile that he rarely shows in his earliest life.

He's a man full of passion, especially when it comes to volleyball. In his life, it was hard to find someone who could match his pace. So somewhere along the line, he dropped his wish to have someone who would stay with him forever with how much he spent time with volleyball.

Then you came and proved him wrong. You were always there, attending all of his practice and shouting his name on every match he had. Even though he never noticed you for the first two years in high school, you were glad that you could be in his life at the end.

Or in his case, he was glad that he caught you putting milk bread and some supportive letters on his locker on one particular morning.

Dark circles evidence under his eyes. It was still morning, but rain was already wetting the street, making him have to run or he would be completely soaked by the time he arrived at school.

At first, he wanted to go straight to the gymnasium, practising his serve. He felt like he wasn't good enough, making his team fail to go to nationals. For numerous times already, defeated by none other than the Shiratorizawa.

But since the main building was closer from the gate, he directed his feet to stride there instead. It was still early, the sun barely peeked through the clouds. And the fact that it was raining, making the poor sun hiding again from the sky.

He pouted, realising how soaked his whole uniform was already. When he got into his locker, he would immediately change his clothes after putting his bag there.

Though, he didn't expect to see a girl standing in front of his locker. He immediately hid behind another locker, peeking a little to see what the girl put inside.

He widened his eyes when he saw milk bread and a letter on her hand. She opened his locker, and didn't actually put the bread inside at first. Letting out a sigh, she arranged the stuff on his locker, muttering about how messy it was.

She was grumbling under her breath, but then she giggled, shaking her head and just tidying up the mess that was in front of her. When she's done, she puts the milk bread and the letter, closing it immediately.

He saw how the girl closed her eyes and prayed for something that he was curious about. Then she left, skipping inside the main hall towards the classroom.

The brunette even forgot that his whole uniform was still wet. But his mind was now full of the girl. He walked silently towards his locker, opening it up and unfolded a turquoise paper inside his locker.

"You did so well in the match yesterday! You played like a pro and no one should say otherwise! Everyone in the school was so proud with how good our volleyball team is, and you always bring the best side of your teammates. I hope you know that someone would always watch your back. Thank you for all of your service!"

By the time he was done reading the letters, tears streamed down his face. Touched by the support that he got from the mysterious girl with enchanting hair.

He folded the paper, putting it inside his bag. With a milk bread in hand, he walked towards the gymnasium while eating the sweet milk bread that he loves so much.

The sky was bright as he walked, orange colour tinted his face that was now plastered with a genuine smile. He didn't even know who she was at the time. But if it could make him feel like this now, he wondered what would happen if he finally acquainted the girl.

That time, he was sure he didn't want to let her slip through his fingers. And so, he would do anything to keep her in his life.

"I am home~!" Oikawa slammed the front door open, making you and your daughter jolted at the sudden burst, "Where's my queen and my princess?" He took off his shoes, wondering for his little family.

The two of you were now seated inside the kitchen, waiting for him to walk there. You tried to hold your own giggle since you were holding a cake on your hands.

Your husband called out to the both of you again and again, before finally stood in front of the kitchen. He put his hands on his hips, having his back turned towards you.

The little girl, who was now a little bit tired with how slow her father was, decided to clear her throat, resulting in the brunette to whip his head to the kitchen, now knowing where the two beloved humans in his world are.

A wide smile slowly creeped into his face, dark chocolate eyes lit up immediately at the sight that was now unfolded in front of him. You were standing there, with a proud smile on your face, while the little girl brought some bowl in her tiny hands.

"W-Whoa!" He walked up to the two of you giddily, kissing your forehead for a few seconds before kneeling down and hoisted your daughter up to his embrace, "Care to explain what my two best people in my life doing while I am gone?"

You put the cake on the kitchen island once again, cutting it into some small pieces so it would be easier to put on the bowl. A smile never left your face as you heard your husband talking with your daughter, he deadpanned when she told him his suit was like trash on him.

It was a sight that you would always keep inside your heart, him interacting with the little girl he could proudly call his daughter. He was always good with Takeru for as long as he lived, so you knew for sure that domestic life suited him.

"You are not doing something whacky while dad's gone, right?" He booped her nose while he asked with a serious tone, "Your mother right here has enough with me, don't make her run away~"

"I am a good daughter, thank you!" She said with a smug on her face, "While on the other hand, dad seems to make mom worried when you were home late due to practice~!"

"Ouch," You giggled, that was sure to hit a sore spot on your husband's heart. He pouted and just sigh when he realised that his daughter spent too much time with his best friend while he's away for some volleyball tournament.

You walked towards them, eyes glinting with happiness as you thank the deity to ever give such a wonderful husband and an adorable daughter.

"Tooru," You put your hand on his shoulder, making him stop talking as he almost whined about how cruel his best friend was to make his daughter calling him trash, "Go take a shower first, my king. Then we can eat the cake together."

He nodded, making his soft brown hair jiggled a little. Squatting down, he made sure that the little girl on his arms hopped down safely on the ground,

"Alright, don't start eating before me, okay!" He was always energetic, you could only shake your head at his antiques before plopping down on the stool. Your daughter who was touch starved for your affection, asking for you to pick her up.

"Hug!" She could be so sarcastic and mean, but the fact that she was just a six years old girl was really showing at the moment. You hoisted her up, putting her to snuggle into your lap.

She was beautiful, having the soft brown hair that your husband had. Her dark eyes shone every time she looked at her father and mother, always warmed your heart since you could understand that she loves the two of you so much.

"I want to cuddle with mom a little while," She mumbled, wrapping her tiny arms on your figure, "Dad will be done in minutes and I am sure he will be begging for your attention."

"Pfft, that's true," You ruffled her hair, making her smile immediately, "But you are not that different from him. You always cling into me too."

"Is that bad?" She blinked, making you squeal inside with how adorable she looked right now, "I guess I am really his daughter then!"

The two of you just sat there silently, engulfed by the sweet aroma from the cake. Occasionally, you would find here looking at the cake, ready to enjoy it since there were like three different kinds of milk inside the cake.

"Mom," She called out, and you answered her with a gentle hum, notify her that you were all ears, "Why you married dad?" You were surprised to hear the question, it was unexpected and downright random.

"Ah, why, huh?" You stare into the empty spaces, a longing look could be seen inside your eyes while you remember as much memory that you could gather, "Mom fell in love with how hardworking he was, you know?" You tightened your embrace a little, a faint smile plastered on your face, "Then as we grew closer, I fell deeper with every little side that I found inside his beautiful facade."

Your daughter wanted to snort at the words beautiful. But then, seeing how happy you looked right now, she decided to keep it inside. She wouldn't lie, her father was famous as a heartthrob. Though, the whole world knows who owned his heart already.

She wrapped her arms up to your neck, nuzzling there in your warm embrace as she was grateful to have parents that love each other, to have a family that were caring and thoughtful.

Overall, she was just grateful to be born in this world. Six years, and she already felt like she was the happiest kid alive. She couldn't wait for more to come, hoping that the two of you would always stick together, just like today.

The air was hot and humid today, sweat dazzled on your skin as you sat in the apartment that your boyfriend rented. You didn't know anymore what makes you produce a lot of sweat all over your body. Either it's from the heat of the summer, or the fact that you were sitting here, with news that you were afraid might bring doom on your relationship.

You sat on the balcony, closing your eyes as you tried to arrange the right words. Biting your lips, your eyes fell to the beach in front of you. A lot of people were occupying the sandy terrain. They were all smiling and laughing, enjoying each other's company.

The wave soothing your mind, it was the only sound you were focused on at the moment. And with your mind all over the place, you didn't hear the sound of the key being turned, a sound that should notify you that he was home.

You tensed up for a second when you could feel his arms wrapped around your neck. It only needs a moment to know to whom the arms belong to. You could feel his lips at the crown of your head, sniffling the scent that your hair pervade.

Your right hand slid into his arms, caressing it gently while your eyes still closed, feeling a lot better, like you finally got the courage to talk to him. You turned your head a little as he gave you a little peck on your lips.

"I need to tell you something, Tooru." He raised his eyebrow a little, wondering what was the cause of your serious tone, "Would you sit beside me?"

"Of course," He didn't wear any of his facade at the moment, so you could see how nervous he was as he sat on the chair beside you, turning it a little so he looked straight at you, "What is it, my queen?"

There he goes, rolling the nickname that you two shared since the two of you started to become an item. It always brings a butterfly in your stomach to flutter even harder as he said it.

"It's uhm..." You took a deep breath, and he sat there, still worried, "Do you know that I love you so much, right?" He was silent, but then gave you a little nod. You avert your gaze to the ground, afraid to see his expression, "And well, I never planned this to happen... But Tooru, I-"

"P-Please, don't do this." You jolted to hear his plea, "Please don't say that you were going to leave me, please... Anything but that." Your mouth agape as you lift your head to look at him.

His dark eyes were glossed with tears, "Did I spend too much time on volleyball? Goodness I-" You immediately pulled him to your embrace, showing him that it's not the topic that you were going to blurt out, "Don't leave me..."

"I would never," You cooed at him, kissing his forehead as your hand stroked his hair delicately, "Now, I am going to tell you what is happening." Hearing that, he straightened his posture, looking at you straight in the eyes.

You took a deep breath, extending your hand at him for him to take. He was confused at first by your gesture. You closed your eyes, guiding his hand towards you, spreading his palm on your stomach.

"What-" You opened up your eyes, terrified to see his face scrunched up in disgust or horror.

But instead of any of that, he looked at you with his jaw dropped and tears brimming in his eyes, "I- Am I going to be a father?" He questioned you, voice as soft as fleece.

When you gave him a nod, that's when he broke down immediately, "Oh my god, I-" He stood up, cupping your cheek as he smiled, "I am going to be a father, (Y/n)."

"Yes, Tooru." You bit your lips, tears streamed down on your face as you were so relieved with how he reacted, "You are going to be a father indeed." His eyes lit up, he walked towards the railing of the balcony,

"I AM GOING TO BE A FATHER!!!" He shouted, making you laugh at how happy he looked right now. A lot of other people who were playing on the beach looked up to your apartment, clapping and congratulating the man.

He turned his face towards you once again, but he stood there, "Oh! And one more thing guys," He extended his hand, asking for you to stand beside him. You comply, walking there with a wide smile that you couldn't contain any longer.

Oikawa turned his whole body to face you, eyes scanning your face as you stood there with confusion written on your facade. Then he started to kneel down on one knee, making you gasp when he suddenly had a velvet box on his hands.

You put your hand on your mouth, trying to compose yourself but to no avail. Your eyes were focused on the man who kneel in front of you to even realise how almost everyone on the beach turned their camera on, focusing it on the couple.

"From the first time I read your letters that you gave to me, I know for sure I want to keep you forever." There's a longing look in his eyes as he reminisces the first time he ever saw you, "And since then, I am glad that I have you through everything." He bit his lips, trying to hold his tears for now, "Hell, you even followed me here, (Y/n)! Who else would even do that for me?!"

You were snorting by now, his face was so comical as he said it, "So, I might not be the best husband, or even the best father, but..." He trailed off, taking one last deep breath, "I promise I would never leave," His fingers were trembling as he opened up the velvet box, "Would you bear my last name and stay with me forever?"

"Say yes, mam!" "Woohoo, you go Tooru!" "Please say yes!" "I am one hundred percent sure she's going to say yes." "Aww, look at them."

"You know you already knew the answer, right?" You teased him, making him snort as he stood up, "I love you now," He leaned in to kiss you as your hand crept to his cheek, "And I will love you forever."

You closed your eyes once his lips touched yours. People on the beach were shouting with so much joy at the sight, happy to see the couple they adore looked so happy.

While his lips still moulded with yours, he gently slipped the ring into your fingers. It was the start of the new journey, the start of something incredible. Something, that you wished would last forever.

The creaking of the bathroom door woke you up from your daydream. There with a turquoise shirt and dark green boxer, stood your husband who was ready to plop down beside you after a long day.

He slid under the blanket, wrapping his arms around your waist, wanting you to be the big spoon for today.

"Tired?" You stroke his hair that was now sprawled on your chest, "Your teammates teasing you non stop?" He grumbled under his breath, pouting as he recollected the event from today's afternoon.

"Well, Tetsu wouldn't stop bickering and teasing me." He huffed, annoyed with the rooster head, "And today's fighting was tiring too!" You giggled as he let out a long sigh, "I couldn't believe I need to fight with my own daughter for your attention."

The air was cold today, but when the two of you bathed in each other embrace, everything felt so warm with how much love the two of you radiated for each other.

"You know that I love you though, right?" You kissed his forehead, he gave you a faint smile as he absorb the words inside his heart, "I love you now,

And I will love you forever,"

The two of you completed the sentence together, knowing well about the phrase that you always share for each other. He looked up, eyes blazing with adoration as he still couldn't believe that he would have a life like this.

A life where there was you, a wife that always cared and understood all of his antiques. A life where there was the little girl who was now asleep in her room, the girl that he would protect as long as he lived.

He moved his body, caging you between his arms as he looked down at you. There's no lust in his eyes, just pure love, agape. He leaned in, touching his lips to meet yours as the two of you shared a kiss that would be forever imprinted in both your hearts.

All his life, he believed that no one would want to be with him, knowing how he prioritized the sport that he loves so much over anything else. But you knock inside his heart, telling him that it was possible to have someone by his side.

He deserves the love, he deserves to have someone who would be there on every path he took. And as the two of you drowned by the immense feelings the two of you radiate, he knew he wouldn't want anyone else but you,

The one who proved to him, that everyone deserves to have someone who would stay.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.1K 321 8
ンリ゙゚ Haikyuu x reader 〃 "𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 �...
3.3K 40 5
It has been since 2017 that I have been back into this account. It's crazy that I am an actual adult now in 2024 with adult responsibilities, but I...
230K 4.1K 28
A collection of Haikyuu!! boys x reader oneshots, scenarios, & soulmate AUs! [CURRENTLY DISCONTINUED] [mostly x female readers, but some stories can...
43.9K 612 81
What happens when you put your average weeb as a writer? Well you get this book... Firstly this was created as a Haikyuu one shot book and then an an...