Five Little Sacrifices

Veikari

Continuation for my first book Waiting for My Mate, I recommend to read that one first so this one makes more... Еще

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107

Chapter 61

364 23 3
Veikari

The sun was rising slowly. Light breeze of wind was rustling leaves in those very few trees that were still standing and Laxus was sitting on a porch of an inn where they had stayed with his team only a little while ago.

The town really was in ruins. It wasn't impossible to built it again, but it would take decades. It would take hundreds of years so it would look like it did when they last time walked on its streets, admiring the festival. No one had a clue then that it would be the last festival.

Laxus grunted and he washed his face with cold water he had fetched from the little stream that was still running, even though the whole place was empty. Since there was no one around, they had decided no one would care if they would stay the night in this place.

They had arrived late last night and it had been too dark for them to really investigate around more and since all lights were out, they didn't even see the whole destruction yet. I was best that they would wait until the morning and then start really looking around. They needed some rest anyway because of the long trip.

But they had seen something despite the darkness. Or something that should have been there yet it wasn't and it was almost haunting when they knew there should have been a huge middle part of the town standing in the middle of the river. Yet it wasn't there anymore.

Laxus hear rustling and steps and soon Evergreen opened the door, coming out as well.

"It does feel weird staying in this place, knowing we're the only ones probably in the whole town", the brunette said, sitting down and brushing her hair.

"Yeah", Laxus grunted looking down and he saw destroyed houses, streets that had crumbled down and destroyed more buildings.

They could only wonder how many bodies were buried there and it was probably for the best if they didn't think about it too much. They knew already that everyone alive had left the town and the Queen Hisui had already arranged mages suitable for the mission to search everyone from ruins who might still be alive.

Right now it was just them here. They knew more soldiers might come today with boats once they had made sure first that those who needed help had what they needed. They had time to look around before that.

"Did you notice anything yet?" Evergreen asked and she tied her hair with a ribbon.

"I don't see any salt anywhere", Laxus said. He had already walked around and there was absolutely no salt. "So Emmett has already left."

"I see... What about that crystal?"

"It's still there, covering the forest. So that mage might still be lurking around", Laxus grunted, letting his orange eyes wander around the town hey could see once the sun was getting higher.

"Emmett might be here as well", Evergreen mentioned and she got up and straightened her dress. "Maybe he just wants us to think he's gone?"

"Don't think so, somehow it just doesn't fit him", the Thunder God snorted. "He wouldn't care do we know he's here or not so he wouldn't clean his salt away and then wait."

"If you say so. You usually know this stuff pretty well", Evergreen smiled looking at the big man. "Guess it's that instinct thing, you learn quickly how your opponents acts."

She took her bag and lifted it up.

"Okay, I'm ready", she said. "So let's go find Baluhu", she decided and Laxus nodded, taking his own backpack and they left towards the forest.

It was better to fly lower near the ground as they couldn't know if their enemy was still somewhere near. Flying above the forest that had been destroyed with crystals, they would be easy targets to attack. So instead they made sure to follow the shoreline, not too close to the forest but not above the water either.

After flying for a while they finally saw the old cottage. It didn't seem like someone had attacked it, but clearly there was no one inside it either.

"Maybe he's walking around the forest?" Evergreen suggested and Laxus nodded. They went to the forest together, trying to look around and not touch the crystal.

But they found no tracks of Baluhu. Not his flute, not pieces of clothes, not hair or anything that would mean someone had attacked him. It was like the old man had disappeared completely.

It was afternoon when they finally stopped looking.

"He might be trapped inside those crystals", Laxus grunted when they stood near the forest. "Maybe it's not yet too late... It depends if we can find the one who did this and make him undo his spells."

"I can't really imagine that anything would be able to stay alive inside those", Evergreen huffed and Laxus nodded.

"I agree", he said.

He stiffened and sniffed the air.

"Someone's near", he growled and Evergreen quickly called out her fairies.

Cling. Cling. Cling. It was rhythmical, soft and almost beautiful. It came from the forest, easily echoing because of the walls of crystal and it didn't stop as it came closer to them. Laxus and Evergreen both got ready when they saw an image that was mirrored from the crystal.

Soon the man stepped out, his long purple spear causing the clinking noise every time it hit the crystal. He looked around.

"Just two of you?" he said when he realized there really was only Laxus and Evergreen around.

He was a big man. His built was very similar to Laxus as he was tall and muscular. He had leather clothes with fur lining and his heavy looking belt was full of stones with different colours. His eyes were sharp and dark, but his hair was soft brown and tied back with a ribbon that was as well decorated with crystals.

He grinned, showing sharp canine teeth.

"No matter, I'm sure this will be fun", he chuckled, his amethyst spear hitting against the wall once again and letting out a chiming voice. "I know you, Laxus Dreyar", he grinned. "We were hoping that you would come here as fast as possible once you would hear about the destruction me and Emmett created."

"Is he here?" Laxus growled, the air crackling because of sparks of lightning.

"No, he left. I'm the only one here."

"Who are you? You're working for Yuidose as well I assume?" Evergreen asked narrowing her eyes.

"I am, though I was hired only recently. Yuidose specially asked me to join", the man smirked. "He wants me to take care of a lightning dragon slayer. It sounded so thrilling I absolutely had to accept his job offer. I live for hunting, I don't care who or why, as long as it's interesting and I get paid well. My name is Moritz Reimold, I'm the fourth general or whatever, don't really care."

"I don't care either what the fuck you are", Laxus growled annoyed. "But I'm gonna kick your ass because of what you did here."

"Do it if you can", Moritz provoked with a taunting laugh that really ticked Laxus off.

Evergreen had no chance to try and stop Laxus, when the Thunder God already let loose his destructive lightning. She could only cover her ears as loud thunder filled the surroundings and she felt how ground shook as the lightning hit it.

She was positive that no one would be standing after an attack like that. Laxus was angry as hell and Moritz had just practically asked to become his target. So when Evergreen opened her eyes, she was stunned.

Moritz was still standing, his spear raised towards the sky. It was like there wasn't even dust on his clothes, but there was some kind of a thin shell that was covering him. Once he moved, it break down like an eggshell.

"Your lightning can't touch me, mighty Thunder God of Fairy Tail", Moritz smirked deviously. "Not only does my Quartz Magic have a high electrical resistance, it can also use your power to give me energy. So go ahead and attack me, I'm not complaining", he laughed.

"This is not good", Evergreen said looking at Laxus. "You can't fight with him!" she said and Laxus growled.

Then he smirked.

"Now this is interesting", he said with a low voice. "I'm just gonna blast you and your crystals all the way back to Yuidose's lap."

"Laxus, just let me take care of this", Evergreen said with a frown.

"I'm not paid to hunt you down", Moritz said looking at the fairy mage. "You're not worth of my time."

Not worth? Not worth?! Evergreen hissed angrily calling out more of her fairies.

"I guess if you both really want, it might spice things up", Moritz grinned lifting his spear again to point towards Laxus. "But you're the one I'm paid to take down so that chick is just a little bonus", he laughed and in a second he pounced ahead, his purple spear aimed to hit Laxus.

Both Laxus and Evergreen prepared to counter that attack. This might get ugly. It was good that they were out of the town so at least they wouldn't destroy it more since the fight was unavoidable.

Freed looked out from the window of the infirmary. Dark clouds had covered the sky and it was raining, but it was slowly getting brighter as it was morning already. He looked back in the room, seeing Chester sleeping on a bed and he had few bandages for bruises, but otherwise he was alright.

They had all decided to spend the night here at the infirmary since there wasn't others and there were enough beds for them all. Makarov was probably at the office and Freed was pretty sure he had called Erza to the guild already.

The rune mage huffed and he sat down on the bed, looking out again. For some reason... He was really worried about Laxus and Evergreen. At least Ichabod wasn't there against them, but it wasn't easy when he couldn't know what was happening to them right now. It was already morning so sure they had found their enemy if there was one?

Freed frowned, trying to think what might be the strategy Yuidose was using but he knew it was pointless. With someone like Yuidose, they could never predict what might be his next move.

The door opened and Freed looked over, seeing Erza.

"Good morning, Freed", she said quietly.

"Good morning, Erza", Freed said and he got up and walked to the door.

"Is everything alright?" Erza asked.

"Yes, Chester will be fine with some rest", Freed smiled. "There's no need to worry. Of course something like that, he might be a bit jumpy for a while."

"That is understandable", the red haired mage nodded. "And your bruise?" she asked, looking at the dark bruise on Freed's cheek.

He chuckled.

"It will be fine", he assured. They had not explained how he got his bruise since there was no need to do so. "What should we do now?"

"We have to wait until Laxus and Evergreen come back", Erza said. "Then we know more again."

Freed nodded and suddenly he felt again a small surge of nausea, not yet too strong to make him actually sick but it was a nasty feeling.

"You shouldn't have gone after Bickslow alone", Erza scolded as he noticed how the rune mage stiffened.

"I understand, but I had no other choice", Freed said. "You would have done the same."

Erza's glare was harsh, but she did not say a thing.

"You're probably right", she finally agreed. "And I don't know yet everything what happened there, but once Bickslow is up and everything is fine, I want you two to come to the office and explain everything", she commanded and Freed nodded.

"Yes", he said. Erza was, after all, their Master right now. Freed was just happy she wasn't accusing him of breaking the rules since technically it was forbidden for him to do anything like what he had done. Porlyusica had given him a warning before of what not to do.

Erza nodded and she smiled a little softer, looking at others in the room.

"But I'm glad everything is fine again", she said. "I'll see you and Bickslow later", she said and Freed nodded, closing the door when Erza left.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

178K 3.9K 52
Gajeel is assigned to spy on Raventail for Master Makarov when he finds Ivan's little secret. Ivan's daughter, Maylene Dreyar, and poor Maylene is af...
23.4K 593 35
It all started with a stupid spell. Lucy and Levy were creating a fun new spell but they accidentally cast the spell on a certain green haired rune m...
378K 8K 76
Young female reader joins Fairy Tail after losing her home and family. In search of a new start, she finds Fairy Tail. There will be some lemon. I do...
513K 14.5K 88
Laxus is waiting for Freed to return from a mission and Freed has no idea what is waiting for him when he would finally return. Dragon mating season...