Kaminari centric oneshots (wh...

By BlowingYourMind

Kaminari whump, fluff, and angst. Kaminari is my absolute favorite character, so I'm making a book featuring... More

Falling asleep during movie night
Kaminari's Flu
Kaminari shuts down Mineta
Sleepwalking
Chargers please
Airplane mode
Nightmares
Abused
Abused pt. 2
4 Times Kaminari's friends gave him their hoodies
Bullied
Turned to a kid
Turned Into A Kid pt.3
Turned Into a kid pt.2
Turned Into A Kid, Conclusion
Testing Anxiety
Swimming Is Not Kaminari's Thing
Aizawa Is Just A Sleepy Man Child Confirmed
Sleepwalking... Again
Freckles
Mineta Has Been Kicked from the server.
Vaccination Day
Parents Day
Good With Kids
Allergies
Road Trip!
Girl For A Day
Girl... For more then 1 Day (Pt.2)
Girl... For more than 1 day (Pt.3)
Girl...For more than 1 day (pt.4)
Girl... For more than 1 day (pt.5, I think.)
Girl... For more than 1 day (conclusion.)
Dick on my face
Traitor and savior
Picking up the pieces
Cat Issues
Cat issues, Ending
Birthday
Thank You!

Winter Break

6.4K 199 193
By BlowingYourMind

Summary: Kaminari has bad parents. He decides to stay at the dorms during winter break, but so do Bakugo and Kirishima, who notice his off putting behavior and take it upon themselves to find out what's wrong with their friend. 

A\N: Someone requested Aizawa, Bakugo, and Kirishima finding out about Kaminari's shitty parents. Y'all asked, so you shall reveive. 

Aizawa wasn't stupid. He prided himself on his ability to read people, after all, most of his students were open books. They wore their hearts on their sleeves. Or at least, that's what Shota thought applied for Class 1-A's resident idiot.

Maybe if he had been approached on this subject sooner, then he would have noticed. Kaminari was an outgoing student, sure he could have his moments, but he covered for his flashy personality and drive. So, to see his student so... Out of his element was a bit suprising. 

Shota studied his student who stood In front of his desk. Kaminari avoided eye contact, fingers curling around the hem of his blazer as he mumbled under his breath. 

Aizawa arched an eyebrow, leaning foward to place his elbows on his desk, clasping his hands together. "Your going to have to speak up, Kaminari."

 The students face contorted into a slightly more uncomfertable expression, fingers moving to twiddle with the strap of his school bag that wound across his chest. By now, the classroom had been filled out, the previous inhabitants excited chatter disappeared down the hallway.

 "I know it's a little late for asking," his golden eyes finally lifted to meet Shouta's. "But I need to stay at the dorms during winter break." 

 "... May I ask why?" 

 Kaminari's eyes widened, "it's nothing big, my parents are just a little busy." 

 Aizawa would have called the student out on his bull shit, but his nervous attitude would probably only escalate more if he asked another question. So instead, he leaned back down in his seat. 

True, it was beyond late to request a stay on the schools campus, winter break started... In two minutes to be exact. Students would be getting picked up within a matter of hours. But he couldn't bring himself to saying no.

 "You can stay, but he sure to come to me sooner if your going to ask to stay at the dorms again." Aizawa's deep gaze locked onto his students. " You should know that I need to email your parents. " Denki flinched a little at the mention of his parents before catching his slip up by nodding. 

Weird. Aizawa didn't know the extents of his students situation, but he would need to look into it.

~

Denki was glad that he got that over with, even if it was last minute. He fully expected for Aizawa to send him home with extra work for his 'irresponsibly.' Kaminari would have asked him sooner if he didn't decide to stay only until last minute.

In the locker room before he was changing into his hero costume, his phone buzzed on the bench. The room was bustling with activity, people planning to have hang outs over the break. Denki tried not to let it get to him that no one cared approach him with any plans. He was the annoying one who couldn't do shit. Quoted from his mother.

Of course, the text were not very happy ones. Not like he was expecting any anyways. Just his dad telling him to get his ass home so he could clean the house. And his Mom begging him to try her new recipies. He knew the subliminal messages hidden underneath those texts.

'Get your ass home so I can hit you for your shitty cleaning.'

'Don't expect a warm welcome with food when you get home. Clean and study.' 

Kaminari's chest ached as he flopped onto his dorm rooms creaky bed. Not that he could complain though, it was not worse than the floor he was used to. Most of the class left by now, with an exception of Kirishima and Bakugo. Even Todoroki cleared out, spending the break at Midoriya's. Yet, None of them knew Kaminari was staying at the dorms just yet.

Golden eyes rimmed with tears as they scanned over the unanswered series of text. Kaminari tried to convince himself that the physical abuse wasn't bad, he just got slapped around. It was the verbal abuse that spat from his mom's harsh tongue that fed into his head the most 

He already texted them that he was staying for free winter courses so he could catch up on his studying. He immediately received an onslaught of familiar criticism he had heard from them many times before. 

Even if he grew accustomed to the verbal lashes, it still stung, pulling his heart stings with each word thrown at him. Kaminari let out a shudder, sighing deeply before pulling the covers up to his chin, flipping his phone off before throwing it to the floor in frustration. 

No matter how hard he tried, the tears still streamed down his face, silent sobs wrenching themselves past his lips. At least lida wasn't there to hear him cry himself to sleep.

~

Kaminari watched as Bakugo pelted a popcorn Cornell at Kirishima's face, hitting its target. The red head didn't look offended in the least, instead sticking out his tongue before looking back to the TV. The two were apparently watching a movie, neither noticed Kaminari drag himself into the kitchen. 

The blonde reached up for the cereal, coming short by an inch. Goddamit, why did they have to have such high shelves?

 Kaminari kept on struggling at reaching for the breakfast food, missing the shuffling coming from the living room. Someone cleared their throat from the kitchens doorway, making Denki turn his head so fast that he later thought he had whiplash.

 "Dunce face," Bakugo growled, crossing his arms over his chest. " The fuck are you doing here."

The ash blonde only shot him more unimpressed looks as Kaminari stuttered, looking for an answer that slipped his mind. Kirishima poked his head into the doorway, mouth sculpted into his shark toothed grin. 

"Kami! Now you can have bro time with is!" He bounced over, squishing him in a hug. Denki's muscles ached from training the other day, and the God awful crying position he slept in. 

"Answer my question dumb pikachu." 

Kaminari looked up to the cereal. Was it even breakfast time? He didn't check his phone to see the time, too emotionally exhausted to deal with his parents shit. Bakugo and Kirishima also seemed to notice his unusually toned down looks. 

His eyes were red rimmed and glassy, hair unkempt, sweatpants and a white tank top he wore to bed still on his body. He couldn't bring himself to look in the mirror that morning. 

"Dude are you sick or something?" Kirishima' s eyebrows raised in worry as he went to feel his friends forehead. "Your a little warm," he frowned "do you need to go lay back down? "

Kaminari shook his head, fingers brushing through his hair as he rubbed at his eyes. "Nah I'm good, just didn't sleep too well last night. I need breakfeast."

A frown played at Bakugo's face, raising an unimpressed eyebrow. "Dipshit, it's Five O'clock in the fucking evening."

Kaminari was taken back. Did he really sleep that late?

His confused face only seemed to make Eijiro more worried. "Well... Do you still want to eat?" Kaminari nodded, even if his stomach felt full from anxiety, he needed at least some food, he skipped out on dinner last night. 

Kirishima seemed to notice the height difference between Kaminari and the lucky charms, so he happily bounded over to swoop it down for him. Kaminari flushed in embarrassment as the box was handed off to him. He knew he wasn't that short, but come on!

 "Your too fucking quiet sparky" Bakugo noted as him and Kirishima stared into his soul as he ate. 

"Sorry Bakubro," Denki grumbled between spoonfuls of his cereal. " what do ya want me to say? "

"Answer my damn question, why are you here?"

There was a beat of silence as Kaminari swallowed down the lucky charms hardly. It did not help the rising anxiety in his gut. "Well my parents work a lot, you know They have their shifts and all that stuff. " 

Bakugo's crimson orbs flashed dangerously as he stared down Kaminari. Excuse not bought. Kirishima, bless his soul, broke the intense moment of eye contact. "Well that's cool. My family left for a wedding, Bakubro's are out of the country." 

For a brief moment a wave of guilt washed through him, making him regret his choice of lying to his friends when they were so open with him. Well, Kirishima was, Bakugo still stared at him with calculating eyes. But he pushed back the emotions with a weak smile, gulping down his last spoonful of lucky charms. 

He washed the bowl out, placing it in the sink next to the other discarded dishes. He realized that Bakugo probably made a meal for himself and Kirishima to eat earlier that day. 

Bakugo scoffed, nose scrunching up in disgust. It was probably about Kaminari's unhealthy food choices, but the blonde couldn't bring himself to care. Opting to dragging himself back up to his room with a small wave. 

~

The remainder of the week passed by in an almost scheduled way. There would be a booming knock on his door at exactly 9:00 in the morning. Kaminari would open his door to retrieve his breakfeast, that was set on the floor. Bakugo and Kirishima went on their lengthy morning runs, leaving Kaminari to walk around the building aimlessly, sometimes even watching cartoons on the TV. 

Aizawa would come check up on them daily, once even bringing them Mc'donalds. Kaminari  had a newfound respect for his teacher because, hell yeah, Mc'donalds!

Kaminari knew he was acting off, but he couldn't bring himself to correct his behaviour. It was his winter break, it was cold as shit outside, and he was emotionally exausted. So when Kirishima dragged him out of his room on the last night of their break to watch a movie, he went along with it.

 "Look who's joining us!" Kirishima laughed as he lugged Kaminari off of his shoulder, throwing him on the couch like a sack of potatoes. When Denki cracked open his eyes, Bakugo stared down at him, unimpressed. Kaminari groaned, rubbing the back of his head as he sat up on the couch. "You didn't have to manhandle me like that Kiri, I can walk you know."

Kirishima scoffed, slipping onto the open space next to him, grabbing for the remote. "Not with the way you've been holed up in your room. You've been a hermet, and  I wouldn't be surprised if you forgot how to walk. " 

Kaminari faked a gasp, putting a hand up to his heart. "I am wounded by your words. I thought we were friends." 

" And I thought you were social, but here we are. " Katsuki chimed in from his seat on the other side of Kaminari. 

Denki had nothing to say to that. Of course he was social, but he just needed a break sometimes. Winter break was supposed to be his time to be alone and wallow in self pity, but Kirishima always dragged his sorry ass from out of his cave.

"Oh- before we start the movie I have to go to the restroom real quick!" Kaminari announced, Kirishima let out a noise of understanding, pausing the beginning intro. 

Kaminari should have known better than to leave his phone out on the couch. But In his sleep deprived and emotionally drained mind, he did just that.

Kirishima and Bakugo's red eyes snapped to the phone in between them when it started ringing. They shared a glance in understanding before Bakugo reached out to flip the phone over. The contact info read that it was his mother.

Kirishima without much thought, pressed the green answer button. "Hey mam'm, this is Kaminari's friends he's in the restroom right now-" 

A series of loud noises from the other side of the speaker caught the two off gaurd. After a few more moments of struggle over the other end of the line it finally quieted down. Only to be replaced with a shrill woman's voice.

"Denki you fucking mistake, I should have never given birth to your sorry ass. Next time you come around, which you will because you always do, your dad will not be happy, and when he gets his hands on you-" 

The phone screen almost cracked under the pressure of Katsuki's thumb as he pressed the end call button. A cold silence settled over the room, the two teens eyes glared with a protective heat.

A small voice shocked them out of their anger fuelled silence, both boys turning their heads to meet Kaminari, who flinched back. "Um guys- I can explain-"

"You dont have to explain shit, just give me your goddamn address-"

 "Bakubro, trust me I want to interfere just as much as you do but-"

 "No, pikachu why didn't you fucking say anything! "

 "Katsuki, stop your scaring hin!"

Kaminari backed into the corner, eyes small with abject horror as his legs locked from under him. He slid down to the floor, caving in on himself. 

Bakugo bit his lip to keep himself from yelling as his eyes landed on Kaminari's prone form. Kirishima leapt over the couch, the remote forgotten on the couch. "Kami" he said softly, sliding down on the floor next to him, letting the blonde rest his head on his shoulder as he weeped silently.

Kirishima rubbed circles around his shoulder as he cradled the boy, humming silently. Exactly as he did when Bakugo had his own panic attacks. Soon Denki's sobbing was reduced to small sniffles and whimpers.

Bakugo hesitantly sat down heavily next to him, holding out a water bottle to the boy, who was dehydrated from crying. Kaminari avoided eye contact as he took the bottle thankful, chugging down at least half of the water in a few gulps.

"Slow down there," Kirishima chuckled lightly. "You'll get hiccups. "

None of them were sure how long they say there in relatively calm silence, but the sun had set by the time Kaminari fell into a fitful sleep. Even after he was knocked out, Bakugo and Kirishima didn't speak, knowing that they shared the same wrath and disgust twords his situation.

The dormitory's door cracked open, Aizawa using his foot to close it since his hands were occupied by the Mc'donalds bags. Their homeroom teacher  studied the scene in front of him as he toed off his shoes. The students only staring back. 

"...I suppose we have a lot to talk about? "

The two students shared a look before nodding. 

Kaminari always thought that leaving his phone out that night would be a mistake. But it was a happy mistake, one that gifted him with long night talks with his two closest friends, and a heartfelt conversation with his teacher, who made his living situation a hell of a lot better. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

243K 4.3K 51
Fan fiction based on the manga and anime My Hero Academia (Mostly fluff and soft moments with a few action and propelling scenes) (Some events may be...
53.3K 1.5K 15
Saeki Atsuhi's dream has always been to become a fearless hero who can save people with a smile. And at last, her dream is coming true! As she begins...
244K 6.7K 66
🍋 Bakugo is 25 living his best angry life when he meets a surprisingly shy yet outspoken girl introduced to him as Lore. 🍋 Watch them fall in love...
2K 17 16
Obviously I don't own the rights to BNHA or any of the characters, and they are owned by the creator of BNHA, Horikoshi. I just wanted to do a fluff...