CHARLOTTE ::: DW¹

By hotarsonist

Charlotte Bolton wasn't supposed to disappear in the middle of the aisle. She was supposed to get married. In... More

CHARLOTTE
i. first day
ii. first day part two
iii. first day part three
iv. le krafayis en france
v. le krafayis en france part two
vi. charlotte and ian
vii. charlotte and the cybermen
viii. charlotte and the cybermen part two
ix. the pictures on the wall
x. the pictures on the wall part two
xi. possessed pinstripes
xii. possessed pinstripes part two
xiii. possessed pinstripes part three
xiv. midnight consequences
xv. the corridors of caliburn
xvi. the corridors of caliburn part two
xvii. another ghost story
xviii. another ghost story part two
xix. anger and gangers
xxi. flesh and afresh
xxii. flesh and afresh part two
xxiii. charlotte versus the sontarans
xxiv. charlotte versus the sontarans part two
xxv. charlotte versus rattigan
xxvi. charlotte versus rattigan part two
xxvii. a bathroom line
xxviii. aino
xxix. aino part two
xxx. the crime's of aino
xxxi. the crimes of aino part two
xxxii. the dumbbell nebula
xxxiii. cap'n
xxxiv. interrogations & therapy sessions
xxxv. the mummy & the weak
xxxvi. the salvage of the millennium
xxxvii. the salvaged memory
xxxviii. feel well soon
xxxix. circular gallifreyan
xl. the librarian
xli. mary and john
xlii. john and the doctor
xliii. charlotte and aino
xliv. charlotte and the doctor
xlv. ticking clocks
xlvi. the final month
xlvii. the final memories
xlviii. the renaissance
xlix. the gone and the appeared
THE RENAISSANCE

xx. anger and gangers part two

1K 50 0
By hotarsonist

THE REBEL FLESH PART TWO

edited as of may 17th, 2020

The group, without Rory and Jennifer, gathered around the dining table. Charlotte sat beside Amy cross-legged with her back against the edge of the table. The Doctor, who was standing up like most of them, stands at the microwave. Walking up to the table, Jimmy looked at his boss seriously, "We need to protect ourselves," he told her.

As he sets a container of food into the microwave, the Doctor asked him, "Are you a violent man, Jimmy?"

"No," he answers, tilting his head in confusion.

While the microwave hums, the Doctor turned his head to him. "Then why would the other Jimmy be?

"Don't tell me you can eat at a time like this, Doctor," says Cleaves, stopping in front of him with her arms crossed.

Placing his elbow on top of the microwave, he looked over at her. "You told me that we were out cold for a few minutes, Cleaves, when, in fact, it was an hour."

Confused on how that was a bad thing, she pushed her eyebrows together. "Sorry? I just assumed-"

"Well, it's not your fault," he interrupted her. "Like I said, they're disorientated. Amy, when you got to the alcove, who was in the harness?" The timer on the microwave dings, and as Amy answered him, he took out the plate with the food container on top with a towel.

"Um, Jimmy and Dicken were helping Buzzer out," she tells him as she looked at a paper set on the table.

"Jennifer?"

"She was standing on her own when we got to her."

The Doctor, still holding the plate with the towel, hands it off to Cleaves. With his eyebrows raised, he looked over to her as she held it with her bare hand. Seeing his odd stare directed at her as she held the plate, she looked back at him confusedly.

"It's hot," he whispered in the silence.

At that, she hisses and immediately dropped the plate to the ground - causing it to shatter at her feet with the container of food. "The transmitter's still a little rubbery," said the Doctor, stepping over the shattered plate and taking her hand to inspect it. "The nerve endings are not quite fused properly."

Pulling her hand away from him, she looked down at her hand, then back up at him. "What the hell are you talking about?"

"It's okay."

Her eyes widened, taking in what just happened as she still held her hand out in front of her. "Why didn't I feel that?"

"You will," he tells her. "You'll stabilize."

"No, stop it." In frustration, her eyebrows pushed together as her eyes wrinkled. "You're playing stupid games. Stop it!" Cleaves steps away, turning her back to him.

As he approached her slowly and carefully, Charlotte stands up from the seat. "You don't have to hide," he told her in a low whisper. "Please, trust me. I'm the Doctor."

With a loud hiss, Cleaves, with her face unformed, turned to the Doctor. Jumping to her feet, Amy steps forward alongside Charlotte. Buzzer, who was closely watching this, quickly grabs a knife set on the table but could only budge in Jimmy's grip.

"Where's the real Cleaves, you thing?!" He shouted at her, the knife still held in his hand. "What have you done with her?!"

Not paying any attention to Buzzer's lashing out, the Doctor gave all focus to Cleave's Ganger. "That's it, good. You remember. This is early flesh, the early stages of the technology. So much..." Reaching his hand out, only touching Cleaves' face slightly before she flinched. "... to learn."

"Doctor, what's happened to her?"

"She can't stabilize," he answers Amy. "She's shifting between half-formed and full-formed. For now, at least."

"We are living!" Cried Cleaves, pushing past the Doctor she sprints out of the dining room, screaming.

Once she left, running down the corridor, the Doctor glances around the room. "Let her go," he told them, dropping his hands to his side.

Charlotte turns to face the Doctor with her fists balled. "Doctor, Rory," she tried to remind him but he looked over to her with his head tilted.

"'Rory?'"

In exasperation, Amy spun around with her arms up in the air. "Rory!"

"Oh, Rory." Sighing, the Doctor finally remembered. "Rory! Always with the Rory!"

---

Each holding a flashlight, the Doctor, Amy, Jimmy, and Charlotte exited one of the many buildings that built up the Monastery. Turning a corner, Jimmy held his arms out, halting any of them from walking across a large patch of acid on the ground.

"The explosion must've ruptured the acid feeds," Jimmy said. "We're going to need the acid suits."

"No, no, no." Shaking his head, the Doctor looked up from the acid. "We haven't got time. Back, back, back." Backing away in the opposite direction, they began running.

---

Running down a spiral staircase, Charlotte was the first to run into the dim washroom. Looking over to the stalls, she instantly noticed a whole in one of the doors apparently punched through and now had a ray of light coming in from it.

"Rory!" Shouts Amy, as she entered the washroom.

"Of course," says the Doctor when he spots the stall's hole. "Jennifer's a ganger, too."

As Jimmy stares at the hole wide-eyed, Amy looked over to the Doctor, her eyebrows scrunched up in worry. "Doctor," she whispered to him, "you said they wouldn't be violent."

"But I did say they were scared and angry." He moves away from the group and goes to the mirror- where a large crack was made.

"And early technology is what you said," Jimmy reminded as he approached from behind. "You seem to know something about the flesh."

The Doctor turns back to face the three of them with his jaw clenched, looking to Amy who looks back to him in confusion. "Do you? Doctor?" 

Knowing what he was thinking of, Charlotte's breath hitched as she looked between the two, her eyes landing on Amy the most.

"You're no weatherman," Jimmy correctly guessed. "Why are you really here?"

The Doctor shakes his head. "I have to talk to them. I can fix this." At that, he turns and began running up the staircase with Amy following and Charlotte not far behind.

After taking one last glimpse at the stall's hole, Jimmy followed at the end of the group. "Wait! What's going on?" He questioned as they ran up the stairs. "Where's the real Jennifer?!"

---

The four, with Charlotte in the lead, walked through a dark and musty tunnel. Still in the lead, Charlotte gasped as steam burst from a pipe head-level to her. Stopping in her tracks from the jump-scare, she looks down to see acid dripping on the ground mere inches from her foot.

The Doctor, seeing her close call, turns to the group. "It is too dangerous out here with acid leaks!" he stressed, looking around to all of them.

"We have to find Rory," says Amy.

He nods. "Yes, I'm going back to the TARDIS. Wait for me in the dining hall. I want us to keep together, okay?" He points his finger at them. "No more wandering off."

"And Rory?" Questioned Charlotte, pointing her flashlight over at him with her eyes narrowed. "What about him?"

"Well, it would be safer to look for Rory and Jennifer with the TARDIS." He then went on his own, walking down the corridor himself.

Jimmy, watching as he left, spots a box on the wall. "Here we go..." Going over to the box, he opened it up and pulls out a large container. "Distress flares," he clarified. Setting the box of flares on the ground, he closed the box hung on the wall only to jump back when seeing the Doctor- standing previously blocked from the box's lid.

"Exit?"

Letting out a deep breath, Jimmy points as he says the directions, "Keep going straight, can't miss it. But you're never going to get your vehicle in here."

Smiling to himself, the Doctor replies with, "I'm a great parker." He turned his back and began leaving for real.

"We really need those acid suits," Jimmy continues while Amy shuffles past a patch of acid along with Charlotte hesitantly following, keeping an eye out for acid leaks. "I've sent Buzzer and Dicken to get them."

"Fine and dandy. We're just going to find my husband, so..." Amy gave him an awkward thumbs-up. "Cheers." She turns around and faced the tunnel.

Jimmy, standing the flare box in his arms, looked over at her perplexed. "But, Amy, I wouldn't-"

"Neither would I," she told him. "But what can you do, eh?" Letting a deep breath out, she began heading down.

"At least wait for an acid suit! Aren't you gonna stop her?" 

At the thought, Charlotte's nose scrunched up as she turned to face him. "There's no stopping her." She began backing up into the tunnel to follow her, all while saying to Jimmy, "So, yeah, see you later." Turning back around, she rushed to Amy and ignored Jimmy's pleas.

---

"So, are you going to tell me what's with you and the Doctor or..." Amy drew out as they walked through the musty corridors side-by-side, silent minus the periodic calls out for Rory.

"No time. I need to find Rory."

Amy, who held her own flashlight, pointed it to the brunette, to see her face pointed forward without even glancing her way. She points it back to the tunnel in front of them as they continue the search. "We have time. Nothing else to talk about other than the stench and neither of us want the reminder."

Charlotte raised her eyebrows. "Why, actually, I think the smell is quite nice."

"No, you don't," corrected Amy quickly. "I can hear you breathing through your mouth, you know."

"You caught me," Charlotte responded, feigning surprise. "Congrats. Now, I have to start actually looking for Rory."

Raising her eyebrows at what she said, Amy says, "You're not the only one looking for him, you know that?"

Charlotte nearly slapped herself- how could she have been so inconsiderate? She hardly even realized she was speaking as if she was the only one looking like it was an unconscious choice to say that. "Oh, my God. I didn't even realize, I'm sorry..." She took a breath out as she quickly found out the root of why she wanted to find Rory so badly. "It's just, a while ago, I was met with this choice... and I knew what would happen depending on what I picked. But, the decision I made, I've been thinking back at it, and I feel like it hurt this man- who reminds me of Rory."

"So, you're guilty for a decision you made that you think might have hurt someone like Rory, and that's why you're going out of your way to help him?" Amy paraphrased.

"Yeah."

"And that's why the Doctor got angry at you?" Amy guessed, however, she didn't believe it herself. Even with how Charlotte told it as something that could never be forgiven, she doubted that was the reason for their coldness to each other.

Charlotte shook her head. "No, no, no. It's something different than that... I- he. When I first got there, he didn't seem to trust I was even me!" She scoffed, thinking it was absolutely ridiculous. Amy, unnoticeably nervous, chuckled. "Throughout the whole adventure, I was being kind to the people there. I even saved his companion at the time from being drugged, and it was not fun. But still, at the end of the day, he said he didn't trust me and that hurt... But, I guess, I can't really ask him to 'cause I haven't done much."

Amy immediately pointed her torch to Charlotte, looking at her in utter seriousness. "I don't exactly know what he said, but I can assure you something did change with him, and he trusts you more than I can tell. And saying you haven't done much is just stupid, sorry."

Rolling her eyes, she still did not believe her. "It's okay to say it, I haven't."

"Yes, you have," stressed Amy. "I've seen people look their happiest around you. You've helped so many people, including aliens. People are alive because you told the universe to back off. Saying you haven't done anything is like telling Shakespeare he's a terrible writer- it's just not true!"

Charlotte blinks, she hasn't thought much on that side of the argument. She knew it existed, but yet she found all her thoughts on the problem overrun by the reminder of the people she couldn't save... She felt guilty and heartbroken she couldn't save them and, until now, she decided to look over the fact that she might not be in much of the wrong as she thought she was.

Those deaths were critical to how the universe went around, and nothing about them could change. Saving them could be a catalyst for dangerous changes. It'd take a while, but she now realizes that she can't be guilty of a death she couldn't change. She can be sad all she wanted but from now on Charlotte had to try to not to feel guilty for something she can't change.

Walking down the corridor, she thought back to the Hostess... Walking around, having fun, and living. Once she looked at the number of lives she saved in disappointment at the low number, but now she's turning her perspective and smiled. She saved someone and that's brilliant.

---

Later in the search for Rory, the two found themselves walking down a tunnel with a wooden door at the end. "Rory!" Charlotte called out as they slowly approached the door, but had no reply heard back from him.

"Rory," called Amy as they get closer to the door. "Rory." Knowing exactly what'd be behind the door, Charlotte stood back as Amy opened it with care. While Amy was stupefied in the doorway, looking into the room to see the Eyepatch Lady, Rory finally joined them. Seeing him return first, Charlotte's shoulders slumped down as she grinned over at him. Gasping, Amy slams the door closed and slowly backs up from it.

"Amy!" exclaimed Rory, causing her to choke on her breath as she turns to face him.

The shock he gave Amy stopped when she saw him. "You're okay," she sighed out. "What happened?" Stepping forward, Amy turned visibly confused when Jennifer steps out from behind Rory.

"She needs protecting," said Rory, noticing Amy becoming suspicious.

Two more people, Dicken and Buzzer, came rushing in from one entrance to their corridor. Dicken, clearly seeing the Ganger Jennifer beside Rory, says in shock further away, "Jen?"

"No, it's a ganger," Amy answered quickly, keeping her eyes dead-set on Rory. "Rory, listen-"

He pointed the torch to her. "No, you listen..." He looks back and forth from Charlotte and Amy to Dicken and Buzzer (who now stand closer to everyone else). "... Nobody touches her!"

---

With Jimmy now with them, everyone surrounds one side the messy lunch tables in the dining hall as Buzzer interrogates Jen, who sits alone on the other side of the table with her hands in her lap. Standing at the end of the table, Charlotte was across from where Amy and Rory stood on the other side. Hunched over the table, Amy watched Jennifer closely as she answered. Rory, with his arms crossed, was clearly concerned with how the crew members acted.

Charlotte didn't either. She knows the Ganger Jennifer to them is frightening, especially with what she left in the bathroom just before disappearing with Rory... But that is no excuse, as Rory is fine and is adamant in her safety. And while she knew what would happen soon, Charlotte hates how they keep speaking to her like she was the enemy, because, in this moment, she was anything but.

"You're a copy," Jimmy deduces from where he sat across from her, with his elbows resting on the table's edge. "You're just pretending to be like her."

"She isn't pretending," responded Charlotte as Amy and Rory whispered between themselves.

"She's a ganger!" Buzzer jumped in, looking over to Charlotte as if she was being an idiot. "Do I need to spell it out for you?"

She crossed her arms. "Just 'cause she's a ganger doesn't make her any less Jen."

"Yes, it does," continued Buzzer.

Amy, who has long since finished her conversation with Rory, now standing across from him, looks to the group. "Okay, let's not do anything at all until-" as the Doctor walks in, he says along with her, "the Doctor gets here."

"Hello," he greeted, with the four gangers joined behind him.

"Oh, look who the cat dragged in," remarked Charlotte to herself as Jimmy stood up from his spot, looking at his ganger in shock.

The Doctor sighed. "You sound happy to see me."

"I'm not."

Both of the Jimmys stared at each other open-mouthed. Non-Ganger Jimmy gulped as their eye contact remains. "This is..." his train of thought was lost as no words could explain the feeling of seeing himself.

"You're telling me," said the other Jimmy.

"All right, Doctor," began the Ganger Cleaves, who stands behind him amongst the other gangers. "You've brought us here... Now what?"

"Before we do anything, I have one very important question- has anybody got a pair of shoes I could borrow? Size 10. Although, I should warn you, I have very wide feet." While everyone looked at him strangely, the gangers glancing between themselves, he put his hands out for an emphasis on how wide his feet were.

---

Now wearing a new pair of shoes (brown boots borrowed from Buzzer), the Doctor sat on the edge of the table as he spoke to the gangers, who stand at one side, and the non-gangers, who stand on the other. Behind him, Amy stood with her hands in her pockets. Rory, on the Doctor's right, stands with Ganger Jennifer and Charlotte- the latter standing further apart from the two.

"The flesh was never merely moss," he told them, while they looked in between each other. "These are not copies. The storm has hardwired them. They are becoming people."

Jimmy looks away from his Ganger and looks at the Doctor with his face contorted. "With souls?"

"Rubbish." Dicken shook his head before sneezing into his elbow.

"Bless you," said Ganger Dicken. Cleaves' Ganger raises her eyebrow at him. "What?"

"We were all jelly, once," the Doctor commentated, moving his hands around as the thoughts came to him. "Little jelly eggs, sitting in goop."

While Charlotte's nose scrunched up at the thought, Amy responds, "Yeah, thanks. Too much information."

He ignores her. "We are not talking about an accident that needs to be mopped up. We are talking about sacred life. Do you understand?" Looking around, he saw them nod their heads. "Good. Now, the TARDIS is trapped in an acid pool. Once I can reach her, I can get you all off this island, humans and gangers, eh, how does that sound?" Both of the Buzzers looked between each other, obviously neither fond of the idea.

Jimmy grins from ear-to-ear at the thought. "Can we get home for Adam's birthday?"

His ganger turns to him. "What about me? He's my son, too."

"You? You really think that?"

"I feel it."

"Oh, so you were there when he was born, were you?"

From the memory, Ganger Jimmy smiles. "Yeah. I drank about 8 pints of tea and they told me I had a wee boy and I just burst out laughing." Ganger Jimmy chuckles and continues the story, "No idea why. I miss home. As much as you."

"Look," says the Doctor, "I'm not going to lie to you. It's a right old mess, this." He stands up from the table. "But, as you might say up North, 'oh, well, I'll just go to t'foot of the stairs.'" Laughing at himself, he looked around to see a tuff crowd. "Ha ha ha. Eh, bye-bye, gone. Or not. Good. Right. The first step is we get everyone together, then get everyone safe, then get everyone out of here."

Sighing, Charlotte had to remind him, "Don't forget Jennifer and Cleaves. They're both still missing."

He glanced back at her, and was close to saying something, when Jimmy offers, "I'll go and look for them." He begins heading to the door when his ganger self stops him.

"I'll give you a hand, if you like." He stood beside him, eyes narrowing as if testing if he'll decline. "Cover more ground."

Interested in what Jimmy will say, Charlotte steps forward to get a closer look as he nodded in response to his ganger's offer. "Yeah. Okay. Thanks."

As everyone watches the two Jimmys, none noticed as Cleaves enters the Dining Room from behind, holding a device in one hand with a wire twisting up to a prod in her other hand (that she held threateningly, pointing to the gangers). "This circus has gone on long enough!" She exclaims, finally catching their attention.

"Oh, great," sighed ganger Cleaves, facing herself in disappointment (but not surprise). "You see, that is just so typically me."

Cleaves held the prod tighter. "Doctor, tell it to shut up."

"Please, no. No! No!" Disgusted by what she was doing, the Doctor moved to stand closer, but only to the other end of the table.

"Circuit probe. Fires about, oh..." Cleaves looked up, as if in thought. "40,000 volts. It would kill any one of us, so I guess she'll work on gangers, just the same."

"It's interesting you refer to them as 'it,' but you call a glorified cattle prod a 'she.'"

Despite holding everyone at gunpoint, Cleaves remained completely calm, as if this was any other day. "When the real people are safely off this island, then I'll happily talk philosophy over a pint with you, Doctor."

"Don't you think you're getting ahead of yourself?" With her hands raised up to her shoulders, Charlotte stalked up to her. "Set the probe down."

Instead, Cleaves pointed it straight at her, causing Charlotte to stop dead in her tracks. "Step any closer and you'll be first," she threatened.

"You need to stop this!"

"I'll stop when this circus ends," responded Cleaves. "Even if it means they need to be destroyed."

"Give me the probe, Cleaves," said the Doctor, trying to stay pensive despite the probe just being pointed at Charlotte.

Still in the group of the other crew members, Ganger Cleaves looked at herself as if she was being funny. "We always have to take charge, don't we, Miranda? Even when we don't really know what the hell is going on..."

When Cleaves seemed to be distracted by her ganger's words, Ganger Buzzer pushes past and rushes up to her. However, she quickly pointed and fired the probe three times at him- causing bursts of blue electricity to push him to the ground. Once he fell, Charlotte moved to squat down beside his neck and desperately tried to find a pulse...

Kneeling on the other side of Buzzer's body, the Doctor couldn't find any signs of life either. "He's dead!" he announced. Amy, who sat beside Charlotte, took Buzzer's wrist but found nothing.

"We call it 'decommissioned,'" corrected Cleaves, still holding onto the probe and pointing it in the gangers' direction.

Snapping his head away from the body, the Doctor glares up at her. "You stopped his heart. He had a heart!" He spat out, his voice crescendoing to be the only thing they heard. "Aorta, valves- a REAL, HUMAN heart! And you stopped it!" For a moment, he looks away from her and back to Charlotte- who was focused on Buzzer, with her mouth wide open.

Despite knowing how crucial this was, she hated how she couldn't do anything. Like she was useless. Hanging onto the last strand of hope of finding a sign of life, Charlotte's eyebrows furrowed as her eyes rapidly looked over the body for anything but constantly found nothing. And, as she searched, she missed the lines of frustration on the Doctor's face as he watched her; he wanted to help her, reassure her that there was nothing that could've stopped it, he wanted to explain why he said those things to her, but (just like when she first met him) he had to push it for later.

"Jen?" says Rory, as Jennifer's ganger began stepping back, her face becoming unformed again.

"What happened to Buzz will happen to us all, if we trust you!"

The Doctor, his hands up, stands as he says, "Wait, wait. Just wait!"

"No!" shouted Rory before running up to where Cleaves stood- the probe still in hand. Easily, he knocked her down without being hit and destroyed the weapon. All of the Gangers, taking use of this time, run out of the room together.

Groaning from being thrown onto the ground, Cleaves yells, "You idiot!" at Rory.

"Wait!" the Doctor shouted to the gangers, but no one paid him attention as they left. Rubbing his hand over his face, he spun to Cleaves, who brushes off her jumpsuit from being tackled. "Look what you've done, Cleaves."

"If it's war, then it's war."

Charlotte, standing up from the ground, crossed her arms, and looked at Cleaves with full fury. "It wasn't war until you made it war, Cleaves. No one was going to die until you killed him."

In a way that made Charlotte's stomach churn, Cleaves shrugged her shoulders. "This was going to happen no matter what. Isle of Sheppey, remember that? It's kill or be killed now. Now, It's us and them." She looks to Jimmy, Dicken, and Buzzer. "Us... and them."

Dicken looked down before meeting his leader's eyes. "Us and them."

"Us and them," said Jimmy, quickly, as if he didn't like it himself.

Squaring up her shoulders, Charlotte watched as Buzzer responded the same. Even after meeting the Cybermen, at this moment, she'd give Cleaves the number one spot of her list of terrible people/creatures she's met on her adventures.

---

Charlotte was sitting on the edge of the table, alone... She didn't want to be with Amy and Rory as they had a whispering-argument as they covered up Buzzer's ganger, obviously, she didn't want to stand beside the Doctor in the room's front, and the crew members weren't good company.

"The most fortified and defendable room in the monastery?" The Doctor asked himself but got no answer in return. He turns his head to the crew members. "Cleaves! The most fortified and defendable room in the monastery?"

"The chapel," she answered.

"Thank you."

She then adds, "Only one way in, stone walls, two feet thick."

Letting out a breath, the Doctor turned his head to face the wall again. "You've crossed one hell of a line, Cleaves. You've killed one of them. They're coming back. In a big way."

---

After running through the monastery tunnels, where they called out Jennifer's name multiple times, Charlotte was one of the last to run into the chapel. However, she stopped in the doorway beside the Doctor and Amy when Rory stopped in the tunnel... hesitating to come in the room.

"Rory Pond," said the Doctor, urging him to come in. A woman's scream is heard, only causing Rory to rub his hand over his face.

Stepping forward into the hall, Amy gave him a look. "Rory? Come on."

"Jen's out there," he says. "She's out there and she's on her own."

The Doctor looked back to the room, where the humans watched what was happening closely. "Well, if she's got any sense, then she's hiding. Rory!"

"I can't leave her out there!"

"Rory, come on!" insisted Charlotte. Even knowing he'd be fine, a part of her wanted eyes on him at all times.

"I know you understand that," he replies.

Amy gives him a stern look. "Get in here. Get in here!"

The gangers, wearing their acid suits, began marching towards them from the end of the tunnel. "There they are!" Exclaimed Cleaves' ganger as they approach. Seeing this, Rory quickly ran down a side corridor.

Amy, however, stood still in shock. "Amy," stressed the Doctor before pulling her by the arm and into the chapel where everyone now stood.

Charlotte, slamming the door shut, immediately began helping the crew members as they blocked the door while the Doctor calmed Amy down. But, when a voice came from the darkened corner of the room, her attention quickly changed and moved to stand on Amy's other side.

"Show yourself." Carefully, the Doctor took a step forward. "Show yourself!" From the shadows, the voice groaned as if in pain.

Stepping back, Charlotte began helping the crew create their blockade against the gangers again. When she asked, she passed Cleaves the barrel and pushed a small table with plenty of knick-knacks on top in front of the door. 

Jimmy, who stood to the side of the forming blockade chuckled to himself, "This is insane! We're fighting ourselves."

"Yes, it's insane," the Doctor agreed, from where he stood closer to where the voice was coming from, but not too far away from the group. "And it's about to get even more insanerer." He turns to Amy and Charlotte when they stood beside him when nothing more could be added to the blockade. "Is that a word?" Focusing on the shadowy area, he shouted out, "Show yourself! Right now!"

"Doctor!" Snapped Amy. "We are trapped in here and Rory is out there, with them. Hello! We can't get to the TARDIS and we can't even leave this island."

The Doctor began speaking, but his face turns stunned... as the Doctor beside them was silent. Everyone turns to the dark area of the chapel as the voice of the Doctor continues to speak, "-Unexpected, frankly, a total, utter, splattering mess on the carpet, but I'm certain, 100% certain, that we can work this out." Finally, from the darkened area, the Doctor's ganger approached with an undefined face. Standing still, he straightened his bowtie. "Trust me. I'm the Doctor."

"Well, this just got two-times more annoying," Charlotte mumbled under her breath.

_______

Next up: The Almost People (Flesh and Afresh)

GIF FROM lecompanion ON TUMBLR

A/N: the ganger's faces are so gross

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 136 27
Sequel to 'The Heart Within'. If it's not one thing, then it's another for Katy. Not only has she discovered that she is a member of the Time Lord r...
35.9K 1.3K 37
[BOOK ONE OF THE 'CHARLOTTE KHAN' TRILOGY] "Always thought I was hard to love 'Til you made it seem so easy, seem so easy." *** After Charlotte Khan...
230 6 11
when the 14th doctors plan to take the nobles and the temples on holiday goes wrong, he ends up somewhere he never thought he would ever be again, an...
38.5K 2.2K 27
When a dictator from the future threatens Rose Tyler's Earth, and by extension, threatens the Doctor as well. Will they discover his intentions in t...