𝐋𝐘𝐃𝐈𝐀. ( 𝘤𝘦𝘥𝘳𝘪𝘤 𝘥...

By secretinigma

( 𝐂𝐄𝐃𝐑𝐈𝐂 𝐃𝐈𝐆𝐆𝐎𝐑𝐘 ) ― 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘮𝘢𝘨𝘪𝘤 𝘧𝘰𝘰𝘭𝘪𝘴𝘩 𝘮𝘦𝘯 ... More

𝐋𝐘𝐃𝐈𝐀. introduction
𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐩𝐡.
𝟎𝟎𝟎
𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞
𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐬
𝟎𝟎𝟐
𝟎𝟎𝟑
𝟎𝟎𝟒
𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞
𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐭𝐰𝐨
𝟎𝟎𝟓
𝟎𝟎𝟔
𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐞𝐟𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐚 𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫
𝟎𝟎𝟕
𝟎𝟎𝟖
𝟎𝟎𝟗
𝟎𝟏𝟎
𝟎𝟏𝟏
𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐣𝐞𝐫𝐤

𝟎𝟎𝟏

4.7K 123 75
By secretinigma

CHAPTER ONE

( LYDIA BLAKE )

ONE: ACQUAINTANCE

"she's a very pretty girl they all admitted"

1st september 1994

lydia blake was the epitome of lovely. from her features, to her personality, to her view on the world. she didn't care for blood status and didn't care for your background. she focused solely on who you were in that moment and how you acted towards others. maybe that's why she was placed in hufflepuff. despite her families bets of her being a ravenclaw. maybe because that's where her father had been placed when he attended hogwarts.

unlike her father, her mother had attended the beauxbatons academy in france alongside her sister appoline delacour. yes, lydia's mother was half veela. meaning the girl herself was a quatre veela. it might have explained why half of the hogwarts population had a crush on her, but she had never really noticed the longing stares from her classmates.

lydia blake's life was perfect. sure it felt a bit meaning less at times, but who's doesn't. maybe it was because she had never been in love, despite her being fifteen. she thought she'd have time to find the love of her life. and once she did they'd be able to settle down in a small village in the south of france. she'd always enjoyed france.

but at the current moment, love wasn't the thing occupying her mind. no finding the carriage that her friends sat in was. sharon todd and elena cooper, her best friends since first year. the three girls were inseparable and considered eachother sisters.

lydia's strappy sandals clicked against the trains floor as she peaked through nearly every carriage trying to find a glimpse of her friends. she regretted choosing the shoes, but decided she looked good so she'd push through the pain. she didn't have time to complain anymore as she was pulled callously into a carriage on her left. she stumbled slightly before grabbing her chest as she tried to calm down her rapid heartbeats.

"see i told you i'd find her" a soft voice nearly exclaimed in glee, lydia's eyes shot towards the raven haired girl who spotted a shit eating grin.

no other words were said before they were in each others arm, it probably looked like they were trying to suffocate eachother. they probably were doing it anyway without knowing. sharon todd. the raven haired beauty with sharp features and a heart big enough to feed a country.

lydia was first to pull back as she scanned over the girl, she may have been small but she was strong. probably from quidditch. she was the best keeper the team had ever seen and lydia was surprised she wasn't captain. but then again there must've been someone better for her not to be captain.

"so no greeting for me?" a voice filled with mock hurt sighed as they moved the muggle novel covering their face down.

elena cooper.  the brunette idol. perfect student, perfect grades, prominent bone structure and lips. who wouldn't want to be her. lydia usually found herself craving for just a day in her friends life.

lydia rolled her eyes before opening her arms, inviting elena to take the hug. the brunette seemed to ponder over the offer before smiling graciously and sending her friend a gentle hug, one that she would treasure for the rest of the day.

"so lyds, how many boys hopes have you gotten up today?" sharon asked as they all took their respective seats, she knew it was only 11 o'clock but knowing lydia's reputation, she didn't doubt she'd have a whole list by now.

lydia rolled her eyes at the question but still answered "macmillan, longbottom, zabini, malfoy" she stopped herself with a scowl "and either fred or george weasley" lydia said as she tried remembering which twin it was.

"malfoy?" elena nearly screamed as she discarded her book and looked at her friend wide eyed. "the im too good for everyone here draco malfoy?" she asked even though she knew he was the only malfoy.

lydia only nodded before picking up the novel scanning over the cover "pretty sure his father wants us betrothed. so not his personal choice" the girl shrugged.

that was the thing about lydia blake, she never believed anyone wanted to go out with her for her. it was either because of her looks, her veela blood or her grades. she couldn't bring herself to accept the fact that maybe someone wanted to know what was under the friendly exterior she put up everyday.

"malfoy is pretty" elena mumbled, she knew well her friends had heard and decided to ignore the looks they threw. the three girls sat in silence as the train continued its journey. neither one of them wanting to break the comfortable silence.

"ced! over here" a masculine voice called from outside of the carriage, although it sounded a bit farther down the train. the girls knew that voice, although lydia was the only one who had ever had a normal conversation with him.

daniel grey. the smartest boy to ever grace hufflepuff, sometimes students wondered why he wasn't a ravenclaw. the boy was tall and lanky but was beautiful to look at. and no he wasn't the one to ask lydia out. he would've rather scratched his own eyes out then ask the girl out, she was a sort of little sister to the boy.

the girls saw a tall figure quickly rush past their carriage, a mop of brown fluffy hair and a grey top with blue jeans. "diggory" elena let out a small chuckle at the older boy she and sharon had befriended.

lydia knew who cedric was, how could she not. he was a 6th year prefect for hufflepuff. he was also one of the best looking boys in school however she'd rather drop dead than admit that. she knew he was nice despite never having a conversation of her own with the boy. for what reason, she never knew. they just seemed to stay out of each other's ways. never having reason to conversate. and he was also the reason sharon wasn't captain, lydia reminded herself.

"so what classes are you guys taking for your o.w.l.s?" lydia asked as she decided that since the silence was destroyed she'd make sure she was to have at least one class with each of her friends.

sharon raised an eyebrow at her friend "are we not going to talk about how diggory grew nearly a whole foot and grey's voice dropped like five octaves?" the raven haired girl asked although she knew how lydia could care less for that conversation.

"she has a point lyds, we have to spend another year with them without trying to fall for them" elena argued as she had completely disregarded her book now. despite her growing crush on malfoy she'd never deny they were good looking boys.

lydia only shrugged before a grimace took over her face "daniel's like my bestfriend aside you two" she explained before fake gagging. a look of disinterest took over sharon's face at the reminder.

"i don't know how you can put up with him, he's repulsive!" sharon wanted to shriek.

her and daniel had been at each others throats since her second year when the boy had accidentally tripped her over in the common room. he had apologised a million times but she never accepted it, and since then he had decided he'd stop trying.

"because maybe if you got to know him, you'd know-" she was cut off from her speech as elena and sharon both rolled their eyes and finished for her.

"he's a great boy with a lovely personality" they said monotonously as they smirked towards her.

lydia didn't know what to say as she slightly shrunk back in her chair with a small smile, "and he helps me with my homework" she whispered shyly.

she had met daniel her second year after having to stop sharon from scratching his eyes out, since then the boy had always tried looking out for the girl. he'd help her with her homework, when she nearly got in trouble with teachers (which was rare) and when she had to get out of someone asking her out.

"maybe he'll do sharon's for me?" elena wondered out loud as she shot sharon a narrowed look. although the girl didn't seem too affected as she angled her body so she was draped across the chairs.

"not my fault, quidditch is so tiring" she gasped dramatically before throwing her head back into lydia's lap.

sharon rolled her eyes as lydia began stroking the girl in her laps hair. it was extremely dark and soft, reached her shoulders and had small waves throughout. it was also thin unlike her own meaning she'd be able to play with it.

"and i've taken arithmancy and care of magical creatures" elena suddenly squealed with happiness as she wrapped her arms around her shoulders.

lydia laughed at her friends excitement for arithmancy which she was sure she'd take. it was one of the hardest classes but elena had been going through it with flying colours. she honestly was perfect.

"i took care of magical creatures and muggle studies" sharon said blankly although the tilting of the corners of her lips showed she was excited.

"so we've all got care of magical creatures!" lydia smiled widely as she looked between her friends, the other two girls just smiled at their friends happiness.

the girls eyes snapped from their golden strawberry blonde haired friend as the witch who usually rolled around the honeydukes express stopped outside of their carriage "anything off the trolley, dears?" she asked sweetly well sending them a smile that made lydia want to beam.

"my treat this year" lydia said instantly as she lifted sharon's head off of her lap before walking up to the sweet old woman.

"two packs of droobles, three cauldron cakes, one chocolate frog, four liquorice wands and three iced pumpkin juices. please" she started listing as she recited their usual order. the old woman however wasn't fazed by the large amount as she was used to the trio's order.

she payed the woman 6 galleons and took the many treats in her arms as she dumped half on sharon's lap and another half on elena's lap. before grabbing a pack of droobles, a chocolate frog, a cauldron cake and a pumpkin juice and taking her previous seat.

she had only bought one chocolate frog because she knew of her two friends dislike towards them, considering they hated how much it jumped when trying to take a bite of it. they hated having to play with their food.

the three girls sat in silence as they munched on their treats and drank their pumpkin juices which may have been too sweet for any muggle not used to the recipe. they were around an hour away from hogwarts and were simply enjoying each other's presences.

their carriage door was suddenly yanked open. a lanky boy rushing through to the middle before looking at the three girls. daniel grey. he sent lydia and elena large grins before giving a scowl to sharon which she returned.

"cooper, we have a meeting" cedric diggory said as he stuck his head into the carriage, he didn't want to ruin the girls time together but daniel had other ideas.

the brunette beauty's eyes nearly widened in horror as she jumped out of her seat, her pack of droobles rolling out onto the floor as she scrambled to grab her bag which held her uniform and robe. she sent an apologetic look to her friend as if to say she needed to go and would see them at hogwarts. both girls sent her gentle nods before she rushed towards the older boy.

lydia took the small seconds she had to look at him, she didn't know why she was surprised when she saw that he had only gotten better looking over the summer. he really was perfection.

cedric sent the two girls a nod and a small smile as a goodbye before following after the small brunette to the prefects meeting.

sharon got up from her seat next to lydia and began picking up the droobles which had been scattered as she planned to throw them in the bin. daniel saw an opportunity and grabbed her seat next to lydia picking up her half eaten cauldron cake.

"don't you dare" sharon warned from the floor as she saw the boy begin to move it towards his mouth. he opened his mouth before taking a slow bite savouring the chocolatey taste.

"you two just indirectly kissed" lydia laughed as she watched both of them turn to her with disgusted looks.

"shut it!" they both threatened before once again glaring at eachother. sharon had thrown the droobles into a bin before taking elena's seat.

"so how's my favourite and least favourite 5th year?" daniel asked as he glanced between the two girls. lydia had now had her head rested on his arm as he seemed like he wasn't moving anywhere.

"why're you here, grey?" sharon asked annoyed, although lydia could see the amusement in the extremely brown orbs of hers.

"you wound me, todd" daniel said as he smacked where his heart was and sent sharon a hurt look, "the other boys wouldn't let me sleep, and tyler wouldn't stop going on about you" he said looking down at the girl he considered his sister.

tyler jones. the older boy who had asked lydia to hogsmeade. daniel had tried warning the boy that she'd say no, but he wasn't backing down. his liking towards the girl only seemed to grow every time she rejected him. he just didn't understand the word no apparently.

"bet he thinks this year will be his year. he needs to give up" sharon nearly laughed as she covered her mouth to stop it from leaving her lips. there was nothing wrong with the boy, except for the fact he was extremely persistent.

"exactly!" daniel nearly jumped out of his seat as he agreed with the girl. it was an odd sight to say the least. daniel grey agreeing with his sworn enemy sharon todd. who would've thought.

well maybe lydia blake and elena cooper. they believed the two were secretly in love and would eventually get past their silly little rivalry and fall in love. they were sure fate would get them together. or so they hoped it did.

not many more words were exchanged as the three fell into a silence. around twenty minutes later sharon was spread out asleep, daniel had gone to say she looked like a some what cute sloth. before ruining the compliment by saying she looked more like a constipated frog. lydia only laughed at the comment before letting herself fall asleep against daniel's shoulder, the boys arm wrapping around the smaller girls shoulder.

――――

lydia now sat in her black and yellow hufflepuff robe, her black stockings leaving much to the imagination as she sat cross legged at her house table. on her right was sharon and across from her sat elena. they were situated in the middle of the large table.

the enthusiasm and anxiety from the new first year students as they began being sorted into their houses basically filled the whole hall as each house clapped for their new arrivals. lydia let out loud whistles and loud claps whenever a new hufflepuff joined.

maybe this was why so many people liked her. she was nice to everyone, she didn't care if she didn't know who you were. she liked to make everyone feel welcomed and like they have a spot in the hufflepuff house. well any house for that matter. she even clapped equally loud for any gryffindor, ravenclaw and even slytherin.

after the sorting was finished and all the new students had been sent to their tables, mcgonagall clinked a glass grabbing everyone's attention before dumbeldore stood and made an announcement everyone was waiting for "let the feast... begin!"

loads and loads of food magically appeared in front of the students as the older ones immediately dug in, younger ones took a few moments in awe before filling their plates as much as possible. lydia would let small giggles leave her lips whenever she heard a slight yelp from younger students as the school ghosts would make random appearances.

"so, excited for quidditch?" tamsin applebee a 4th year boy who was apart of the team asked sharon as the girl was pulled from her conversation with hannah abbott.

there was no stopping the girl once she started on her love for the sport. it was adorable but it did get overwhelming sometimes as the girl had no idea when to stop. although people listened for as long as she went on, there was just something stopping them from leaving the conversation. there was even a time that draco malfoy had let her talk for quidditch for about fifteen minutes before he was saved by zabini.

"so, my lovely kitty cat are you finally going to let yourself date this year?" elena asked full of anticipation as she turned to her friend who looked very interested on her roasted potatoes.

lydia nearly laughed at the nickname that elena had established for her. it was due to the girl thinking she looked like the cheshire cat (in a weirdly attractive way). but she also found it funny that elena would think she would date in her fifth year of all years.

"o.w.l.s are this year, no way!" she declared with a devilish grin as she turned fully from her friend as she could feel eyes from the slytherin table. "malfoy's staring at you again" she said lowly.

elena felt herself stiffen before sitting up straight "he's a prefect this year" she said ignoring what her friend told her, although that didn't stop the melting off her heart.

"i'm sure his father would be okay with you dating, you are a pure blood" lydia continued not even sparing the girl a glance "and you're both gorgeous" she added as she smirked at elena's flushed face.

"eat your roast and shove off" the brunette lowly growled as she sent a subtle kick to her friends ankle, causing the girl to let out a small yelp of pain.

"merlin, okay sorry st nich" she apologised as elena sent her a confused glance on her mix of muggle and wizarding puns. she was still getting used to understanding some muggle things.

"and anyway, can you at least think about dating?" elena said with a small glimmer of hope behind her pretty green eyes.

and in that moment as lydia looked at her friend, how could she possibly say no. "maybe" is what she had settled on. that however was enough for elena as she threw her arms around her friends shoulders.

dating? lydia never thought that she would ever end up dating someone from hogwarts. maybe she'd move to france and find a french wizard. but now that she thought it over in her head, it didn't seem that bad. what's the worse that could happen?

――――

"i just don't understand! i've asked her out thirty-three times" tyler jones muttered as she played with his pudding that sat in front of him.

"she's not interested, mate" daniel defended his friend well also telling the other the truth.

"why not? i'm on the quidditch team, i'm older, i'm pretty. i'm me!" he nearly screamed as he started listing them off on his fingers.

"why doesn't she date?" cedric asked as he let his eyes quickly glance over to the pretty hufflepuff girl who had taken the title of the hufflepuff princess.

"don't tell her i said anything..." daniel started as he urged his friends closer "but she thinks whenever people ask her out they feel bad for her" he admitted as cedric and tyler stared at him with looks that said they didn't believe him.

"the lydia blake "hufflepuff princess" doesn't think she's good enough?" cedric asked as he air quoted his words. he couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"the girl who could have her face on the cover of the daily prophet and people would buy hundreds of copies just to stare?" tyler asked astounded as he looked gobsmacked.

"but anyway, she's focusing on her o.w.l.s this year" daniel shrugged as he tried changing the topic. a small smile made it's way to cedric's face at the small mention of her keeping her grades above boys.

"what's she taken? maybe i can help her" daniel asked obviously not letting the subject go. he thought he was madly in love with the girl, but the truth was he was in love with her appearance of being the perfect girl.

"doubt it" daniel choked his chuckle before he turned to cedric "care of magical creatures and divination" the two exact same subjects cedric had taken his fifth year.

tyler sent a small glare to his friend, although he knew he couldn't considering cedric had no clue this would happen. "maybe you could help her, and even maybe... become friends" daniel suggested before patting his friends back and leaving his seat as the students had become dismissed.

friends? cedric had never thought of being friends with the blake girl. she just seemed like another pretty girl that he knew of and would never have the guts to speak to. okay, pretty was an understatement. a gorgeous girl, he would never have the guts to speak to. but now that he was thinking it over in his head, the sound of being friends didn't sound that bad.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 152 41
"𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘭 𝘵𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘸𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘢 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘢𝘴 𝘱𝘶𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘴 𝘪𝘵." harry potter ; goblet of...
114K 3.2K 37
❝EVERYBODY WONDERS WHAT IT WOULD BE LIKE TO LOVE YOU, WALK PAST, QUICK BRUSH❞ Birdie Potter wanted a peaceful year at Hogwarts after the chaotic prev...
1.8K 35 13
" 𝗡𝗼! 𝗬𝗼𝘂 𝗹𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗻 𝘁𝗼 𝗺𝗲! 𝗘𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲 𝗜 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗯𝗼𝗱𝘆, 𝗜 𝗹𝗼𝘀𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗺! 𝗔𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝗯𝗲 𝗯𝗿𝘂𝘁𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘆 𝗵�...
5.8K 85 5
↳ 𝗶𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗮𝘂𝘁𝗵𝗼𝗿 𝘁𝗲𝗹𝗹𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗶𝗿 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵 𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝘀𝗵𝗼𝘁𝘀 Remus Lupin x Fem! Reader