The Nameless Avenger (MCU oc...

By Iamjusthere2vibe

Rose Knox, a seemingly emotionless girl who many kept their distance from. Her presence alone was enough to p... More

Chapter 1- Rose Knox
Chapter 2- S.H.I.E.L.D
Chapter 3- Who Are You
Chapter 4- Answers
Chapter 5- Escape
Chapter 6- Return
Chapter 7- Leaving
Chapter 8- Training Camp
Chapter 9- New School
Chapter 10- A "Normal" Life
Chapter 11- A New Plan
Chapter 12- Putting My Senses To Good Use
Chapter 13- A Break
Chapter 14- New Allies
Chapter 15- Vision
Chapter 16- Ultron [Part 1]
Chapter 17- Ultron [Part 2]
Chapter 19- The Nameless Avenger
Chapter 20- Keep Me Hidden
Chapter 21- The Sokovia Accords
Chapter 22- The Calm Before The Storm
Chapter 23- Division
Chapter 24- The Team Grows
Chapter 25- Civil War
Chapter 26- Welcome "Home"
Chapter 27- Promise Me You'll Escape
Chapter 28- Same Power, New Skill
Chapter 29- Recovering Takes Too Long
Chapter 30- Dead and Alive
Chapter 31- See You Around
Chapter 32- Wakanda
Chapter 33- New Name; New Life
Chapter 34- Rosetta Coleman
Chapter 35- Shadow and Spider-Man
Chapter 36- I Knew It, You're Spiderman
Chapter 37- First Party Ever, and I Hate It
Chapter 38- Join the Club, It'll Be Fun
Chapter 39- Dead? Not Yet
Chapter 40- Washington DC
Chapter 41- Glowing Feet
Chapter 42- The Dance
Chapter 43- A Walk At Night
Chapter 44- An Interesting Dream
Chapter 45- Masks Off
Chapter 46- Taken From the Blue Planet
Chapter 47- It's A Small Universe After All
Chapter 48- Oh Great, Another Threat to the Universe
Chapter 49- And Unto Dust Shalt Thou Return
Chapter 50- A Story in Video Form
Chapter 51- Back From the Dead
Chapter 52- Moving On
Chapter 53- Back Home
Chapter 54- Breakdown
Chapter 55- Come Back Stronger
Chapter 56-Returning to Work
Chapter 57- Time To Make A Name For Yourself
Chapter 58- Getting Ready For A Trip
Chapter 59- A New Threat
Chapter 60- Liar
DISCONTINUING

Chapter 18- Aftermath

14.3K 448 85
By Iamjusthere2vibe

Rose woke up in a hospital bed. She didn't even realize she passed out on the Life Boat. She looked around, and immediately saw the Shield logo plastered on a wall.
"You're awake," a man in a white coat said.
Rose didn't respond, and looked around some more. There were wires tapped to her chest, and a needle in her hand. She followed the tube that was connected to the needle, and saw bag hanging on a metal stand. There was a clear liquid in it, and it was flowing into her body.
"Are you ok?" The man asked.
Old memories filled Rose's mind. She jumped up, and ripped it out of her hand. The doctor started calling for help, and ran over to stop Rose. She kicked him off her, and pulled the wires off her chest. Rose ran to the corner of the room as some others entered the room. They tried to get ahold of her, but she kept dodging their grasp.

"Stop moving you brat!"
"Get off me!"
"Do you want to be punished?!"
"Leave me alone!"
"Hey you! Come pin her down while I stick the needle in!"
"Yes sir!"
"I will kill you all!"
"We aren't scared of a child, now hold still!"

"Nobody touch her!" The doctor instructed.
Everyone stopped trying to pin down Rose. She was holding up her hands, ready to fire a blast of energy. Rose slowly came back to reality, escaping her thoughts and lowered her hands.
"Where am I?" Rose asked.
"Your in a Shield base located in the UK. You were found unconscious on one of the Life Boats, and Director Fury instructed us to bring you here," the doctor explained to Rose.
Rose didn't move, and looked down at her hand. There was blood running out of the wound, and hitting the floor. She held up her hand in front of her face, so the blood ran down her arm instead. Rose observed the blood, watching with fascination.
"What were my injuries?" Rose asked the doctor, still watching the blood.
"Over exhaustion, many cuts and bruises, 2nd degree burns on your hands, and a fractured rib," the doctor said holding up his hands to show he wasn't a threat.
"How long was I out?" Rose asked looking away from the blood.
"Three and a half days."
"I apologize for my earlier behavior, I wasn't thinking clearly," Rose said dropping her arm.
"Apology accepted, now can I bandage your hand?" The doctor asked Rose taking a step towards her.
Rose looked back at her hand, then back at the doctor.
"That bad?" Rose asked.
"Normally it would leave a small cut that can be easily covered with a bandaid. Since you pulled it out quickly, you made it worse," the doctor explained.
"I understand," Rose said sitting back into the hospital bed.

The other people left the room, leaving only Rose and the doctor. While the doctor was cleaning off Rose's hand, she heard a ringing. The doctor pulled out a phone from his pocket.
"This is Doctor Rider. Yes, she's awake. Ok I'll put her on," the doctor said into the phone.
He handed the phone to Rose, and she took it with her free hand. She held it to her ear.
"Who's this?" Rose asked.
"Hello this is Pepper Potts. Tony Stark would like to meet with you when you recover," a woman's voice said.
"Where?" Rose asked.
"Avenger's tower in New York City," Pepper said.
"I'm not in America right now," Rose said as the doctor finished cleaning off her hand and arm.
"We are aware, and have already arranged a flight for you," Pepper explained.
"Looks like I have no more excuses, I'll be there," Rose said ending the call.

Rose handed the phone back to the doctor, and he placed it into his pocket again.
"So, when can I leave?" Rose asked him.
"My, you're an impatient kid," the doctor said putting a bandage on her hand.
The doctor stood up and walked towards the door.
"A nurse will come check on you soon, and evaluate your condition. From what I can tell, you healed quickly," he said leaving the rooms.
Rose nodded and looked around the room. She finally got a good look at it. It was pretty small, and there was chair in the corner. On the chair sat her backpack, sheath, and knife. She got close and saw her clothes neatly folded up. Rose looked down and noticed she was in a hospital gown. She sighed, grabbed the clothes, and got changed.

Rose suddenly remembered what happened.
"Did I really just help save the world?" Rose asked herself as she got changed into her casual clothes.
Rose chuckled, knowing the answer to her question. She, for the first time in her life, used her power for good. A nurse walked in, shaking Rose from her thoughts.
"I see you already got changed," the nurse said with a surprised tone.
The nurse checked up on Rose's condition. She was surprised at how quickly she had healed.
"I-is there a reason you healed so quickly? The fracture in your rib almost completely healed after three days," the nurse asked Rose.
"Yeah," Rose said.
"Can I ask why?" The nurse asked Rose.
"No," Rose said grabbing her backpack.
She knew her powers sometimes affected how quickly she could heal, but she didn't want to tell the nurse that. She theorized that the excess energy in her cells could be used for quick healing.
"Well ok then... anyways you are good to go now. Just make sure you take it easy for a while, don't push yourself," the nurse said with a smile.
Rose nodded and strapped her sheath onto her thigh. She pulled out her knife, and noticed it was cleaned off. She would have smiled if there wasn't a woman watching her.

Before Rose left, the nurse held out her hand to Rose. In her hand was a small blue sticker with a clip art of a bunny on it.
"I give these to all the kids, but I understand if you don't want it," the nurse said holding it out to Rose.
"Thanks," Rose said taking it, and leaving the room.
Rose walked down the hallway, trying to find a way out of the Shield base.
"Are you Rose Knox?" A man in a suit asked.
"Who are you?" Rose asked.
"I am with Tony, you can call me Happy," he said.
Rose nodded and followed him. Happy led her outside to a small runway. They boarded a small jet, and took off.
"So, how are you?" Happy asked breaking the silence.
"Alive," Rose responded.
"You are just how Tony described," Happy said.
"Hm?" Rose hummed.
"He told me that you don't like conversation, and that your personality is cold," Happy told Rose.
"He's not wrong," Rose said looking out the window at the clouds.

Rose wasn't used to riding in such nice vehicles. The nice luxury seats, the fancy drinks, and the fresh smell of it all. Rose felt so out of place, and sat on the edge of her seat. Rose didn't want to mess anything up, and wanted to preserve the nice interior. Happy noticed Rose shifting uncomfortably in her seat.
"Hey kid you alright?" Happy asked.
"Y-yeah, I just haven't been in something this nice before," Rose explained putting her hands on her knees and tensing up.
"Oh well don't worry if something gets ruined, Tony has the money to replace it. Hell he could replace this entire jet," Happy said with a laugh.
Rose didn't ease up, and tensed up even more. Happy stopped chucking when he saw how nervous Rose was. Her hands were gripping the fabric of her pants on her knees even tighter.
"Why are you so nervous?" Happy asked.
"What happened after Sokovia?" Rose asked.
"The Avengers told the media what happened. They didn't include the parts about where Vision came from, or about you. Right now people are focusing on clean up, which the Avengers have agreed to help with. That doesn't mean you have to, in fact you shouldn't if you want to remain a secret. Once the dust has settled, the Avengers will do more talking. Right now everyone around the globe is pretty shaken up," Happy told Rose.

——————————

The rest of the flight was silent. Rose was obviously not in the mood to talk after that. Soon they arrived in New York, and took a car to Avenger's tower. Rose walked into the tower, went up the elevator, and walked into the lounge on the top floor. There Tony Stark was having a drink.
"Come sit down," Tony said gesturing you the bar stool next to him.
Rose sat down next to him. She saw small bandages on his face, arms, and a bruise on his cheek.
"I have something for you," Tony said reaching down.
He grabbed a small cardboard box, and handed it to Rose. She opened it, and pulled out an old smartphone with a dark blue case. Rose looked at it, then back at Tony.
"Since I knew you didn't have a phone, I got you one. Well it was Pepper's old phone that she was going to throw out. Either way, it's yours," Tony said taking a sip of his drink.
"Why?" Rose asked.
"For when we need you again," Tony said.
Rose didn't respond, and opened it up.
"A few contacts are already in there for you. Feel free to add your friends or whatever, just pick up when we call. You are practically an Avenger now, so you got to be ready to go at all times," Tony explained.
"I don't want to be called an Avenger," Rose said putting the phone in her pocket.
"Well you don't have to be one then, but it doesn't change the fact that you helped to save the world. We will still call you if we need help, and you can decide what you want to do from there," Tony said finishing his drink.
"And you all aren't going to say anything about me, right?" Rose asked.
"You asked for privacy, and we all agreed to give that to you. You're still young, and shouldn't have to worry about all that. Although calling you a kid just doesn't seem right," Tony said standing up.
"What do you mean?" Rose asked doing the same.
"You are way to serious for your age, try and lighten up a bit," He said walking to the elevator.
"No promises," Rose replied.
"I didn't expect any less," Tony said leaving.

——————————

Rose was walking down the street, and unlocked her phone. She added a new contact, and called it.
"This is Amanda, who's this?"
"Rose."
"Rose?! Holy shit I thought you died! You went four days without anything, what's wrong with you?!"
"Sorry."
"Well you did say a week. Anyways why are you calling from a different number again?"
"This is my actual phone."
"Oh give me a second... ok I put you in my contacts. Anyways what happened?"
"It doesn't matter, it's over and I didn't die."
"Hang on Rose, let me go outside real quick."
"Ok..."
"Were you involved in the Sokovia thing?"
"Why do you ask that?"
"The timing lines up perfectly, and it would explain why you refused to tell me anything. You also had that Shield badge that I think you were lying about when you said it was a prank."
"I was not."
"Come on, are you lying?"
"Look if I was, what would you do?"
"Freak out internally, but not tell anyone."
"You wouldn't tell anyone?"
"Not even my sister."
"Well then... no I wasn't involved."
"Ok ok, but will you tell me what happened?"
"Maybe later, but I got to go right now."
"Ok, bye Rose!"
"Cya Amanda."

Rose ended the call, and put her phone into her pocket.
"Sorry Amanda, it's safer this way," Rose said to herself as she walked down the street to a familiar neighborhood, with an even more familiar convenience store. Along the way she pulled out the sticker the nurse gave the her. Rose couldn't decide what to do with it, and put it into her bag.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 46 16
[DISCONTINUED] Disclaimer:I'm not the owner of the cover,or most of the characters. I do have some made up characters and they will most likely have...
139K 3.9K 25
(Avengers fan fiction) Life on the streets was always hard for Echo but adding superheros, spy's, gangs and stones from outer space really put the ch...
A New Hope By Mo

Fanfiction

133K 2.7K 20
She had never seen the outside world. Never seen the sun or felt the breeze. All she had ever known was the cold metal walls of the lab she had been...
73.7K 1.3K 44
From the time she can remember she was trained, beaten, and worked to the breaking point. But when an unknown group saves her and the winter soldier...