Tidal ~ Hunger Games [2]

By -SunsetSky-

Waverely made out of of her games alive, but she isn't the same sweet innocent girl who went into that arena... More

introduction
chapter two
one
two
three
four
five
six
eight
nine
ten
eleven

seven

918 26 8
By -SunsetSky-

+ nightmare +

I sat in a large jungle, except the problem with it was that it only contained a single tree, and I was sitting up against it. I looked around, a pain searing through me as I looked down, seeing my hand holding together my stomach, blood spilling out of my wound as I let out a shaky breath. I looked around, the ground flat for as long as I could see, the singular tree reaching up into the red and orange sky. I squinted my eyes as I took a step away from the tree, my legs weak as I limped, each step causing my whole body to cry out in pain, blood pouring down my legs.

"You're hurt" someone called out as I turned around, Ridley standing there on the flat ground as I stared at him. He looked like he did at the reaping, his white shirt and khaki pants perfect and his chain sitting around his neck glimmering in the sunlight as we stared at each other. "Ridley" I breathed out, looking around to see if there was anyone else here, but it was only the two of us here, and I think I knew what was going to happen next. "Only one of us can win this thing" he said to me, shaking his head slightly as he clenched his fists by his side, my mouth falling open slightly as I lurched forward, dragging my feet along the ground as Ridley stood completely still, not reacting to my movement.

"Kill me then" I said to him, stopping where I was as Ridley started laughing, a smile on his face as he looked away from me, shaking his head as he simply pushed his hands into his pockets as if the suggestion wasn't even mentioned. "We both know who is meant to win" Ridley said with a smile on his face, turning back to me as he nodded his head down at my hand, my ears ringing as I shook my head at him, about to tell him to kill me once again. "Throw it" he said as I looked down at my hand, seeing my trident resting in my hand, my arm almost itching recoil to throw it at him.

"No" I replied with a firm shake of my head, my hand twitching around it as I fought the urge to lift my arm back which was almost painful, simply adding to the pain that was already existing in my body. "Throw it" Ridley roared at me, his smile replaces with an angry expression as he stared at me with his nostrils flaring, making me shake my head at him once again. HIs command was almost like it was controlling my body, his anger fuelling it as my arm begged to be released from its hold on the weapon. "You'll die" I called out to him, Ridley's face relaxing as he shook his head at me, tilting his head to the side slightly.

"You've already killed me" he said, his voice low as he stared at me, my breathing getting caught in my throat as my eyes started tearing up, from a mixture of pain and sadness from his words. "It's your fault I'm dead, Waverley" Ridley said, his words like a white hot iron burning into my skin, the boy leaning towards me a bit almost as if he was making sure I could hear him. He straightened back up as he pulled his hands from his pockets, his angry expression falling onto his face once again.

"Throw" he started shouting, his words being interrupted as I pulled my arm back, my hand letting go of my trident in one swoop as they flew through the air, finding its place right in the middle of his chest. "It" he breathed out, looking down at his chest, his white shirt already starting to stain with red blood as I let out a cry, Ridley looking up at me one more time as his face relaxed, just in time for his limp body to fall to the ground. I let out a cry as I sunk to my knees, not feeling them hit the floor as tears streamed down my face.

I woke up with a start, just as my knees were due to hit the ground. I let out a scream as I found myself in my bed, my whole body sweating profusely as I thrashed around. I could barely control my arms as I hit imaginary figures, still letting out cries and screams that were being interrupted by sobs, warm tears flowing down my face. The sheets had stuck to my body as I tried to push them off, being caught in them which made me feel way too restricted for the state I was currently in. I looked down at my hands, expecting to see them covered in thick blood but finding nothing but beads of sweat covering my skin,

The door to my room was thrown open, Kai walking in with a worried expression on my face, a pair of shorts and a t-shirt on as he looked arounfd the room quickly. I assumed that he thought someone was in here, which was the reason I was screaming and freaking out so much, but nothing had provoked this except from myself.

"Hey, hey" Kai said as he ran over to me, leaving the door open as he stood by the side of my bed. "You're alright" he said as I panted, putting my head into my hands as I pulled at the roots of my hair, closing my eyes tightly. "Ridley" I said through ragged breathing, sounding rather demonic as Kai reached his hand out to me. "Come on" he said to me as he climbed onto the bed, propping up a pillow against the head board as he put his arms around my shoulders, holding my close to his chest. "You're alright" he said gently through my panting as he rubbed his arm up and down on my arm. "Ridley" I said again, Kai's hand pushing my head onto his chest as my tears stained his t-shirt, but he didn't seem to care. "You're okay" he said to me gently as he set his chin on the top of my head, my sobs being muffled by his shirt.

Neither of us said anything as the sound of my cries and breath filled the large room, the sound of my heart pounding through my ears as I let out a shaky breath. "Can I ask you a question?" I asked Kai, my voice sounding hoarse as I kept my eyes closed, the heel of my hand leaning against my forehead as I fought the urge to hit my head, wanting to get the nightmares out. "Of course" he replied, his voice floating like a melody through the rough silence, my while body shaking as he held me close to him, his arms radiating warmth through my body. "What was it like?" I asked him, removing my hand from my searing forehead leaning against Kai's bicep as I let out a shaky breath, pushing the pieces of hair that had stuck to my face. "To watch them" I added after Kai didn't answer for a moment, taking in my question as his chest rose and fell against my back, which both were drenched in my sweat.

"Hard" Kai told me quietly taking in a sharp intake of breath, shaking his his head as his grip on my arm tightened a little bit. "I watched my baby sister" he started, having to catch his words before they fell, not knowing how to finish his sentence as I stood my ear slightly, my hair scratching his arm. "It's alright, I can take it" I told him, barely opening my mouth as Kai let out a deep breath, using the back of his free hand to wipe his forehead. "The girl with the axe" he continued, my eyes opening slowly almost like I was afraid talking about it would send me back into the arena.

"She was from 7" I told him, feeling the need to interrupt. She had a name. I hadn't made the effort to learn it before I killed her. "It happened while I was at the lake with Zale" Kai told me, the lump in his throat telling him not to mention the fact that 'it' consisted of me murdering her. "Haf came running down the trail screaming for me" he added, closing his mouth quickly as he choked n his words, sniffling in to fill the break in the conversation as my mouth fell pen slightly, feeling as if I should say something. "I thought you were dead" he said before I could, his voice low as he exhaled through his nose deeply,

"I wasn't" I said, my fists clenching so hard that my knuckles were turning a white colour from the action, my nails digging into the beds of my palms. "I know that now" he said with a small laugh, which I could tell was just from his nerves. "My heart dropped to my feet" he muttered as he sunk lower down on the bed a bit, his one arm still locked around my shoulders to hold me in place. "When did Haf start watching?" I asked him as I nestled my head into the crook of his elbow, my whole body relaxing from the tense state I was in slightly.

"The last day" Kai said quietly, clearing his throat as he moved his hand slightly, rubbing my shoulder softly. "He wouldn't let dad keep him out of the living room any longer" he added as I let out a small breath, my eyes falling closed once again as I waited for a moment, my heart still pounding. "There was a moment where I wanted to die" I told him, not being able to keep in it any longer as the tears that were welling in my eyes stung. "After I killed the boy during the bloodbath" I added, my voice sounding weak as I got taken back to the memory, my trident blades sticking out of his chest as his blank eyes stared up at me in his death. "I was hoping that I would be the next to go, make it a bit easier for everyone" my bottom lip trembled through my words as I opened my eyes, letting the tears escape as they ran down my face.

"Easier for me" I added under my breath, Kai falling silent as my tears slipped down my face, falling from my chin as they hit his arm which was supporting my head. A few moments passed as Kai and I both withered in the silence, neither knowing what was left for us to say anymore. "You should try get some sleep" Kai said to me finally, looking down at me as I let out a sigh, sitting up slowly as I ran my hands through my hair, wiping my face free of tears quickly. "I can't sleep without having a nightmare" I told him with a shake of my head, running my hair through my hands to try and tame it a little bit, my eyes stinging as I wiped them quickly.

"I'll stay with you" Kai said as he fluffed up the pillow that was next to him, pulling the sheets further up my legs as he patted the pillow next to him, a kind and supportive smile on his face. "I'll be right here" he confirmed, making me close my eyes as I nodded my head slowly, lowering myself down onto the pillow, resting my head on my arm as I closed my eyes, already knowing that I wasn't going to be able to sleep a wink.

——

A/N: right I know everytime I promise that I will updaye more and then I never do so first of all I would like to apologise for that SORRY!!
and this chapter is super super long so I hope that you enjoyed it (trying to make up for being so MIA lol) I will be trying to update this story more often I promise you - cant tell you how often because I dont have much time to write much anymore- but this story will be getting completed I promise you!
please do not forget to vtoe and comment and I will see you soon hopefully lmao

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

133K 3.4K 25
- Book 2, read Percy Jackson the Tribute first - Katniss won. Katniss Everdeen from District 12 won the Hunger Games, but now she must decide -- was...
41K 1.2K 35
This story takes place between the last page in Mockingjay and the Epilogue. The Capitol has FINALLY left Katniss and Peeta alone, or have they? The...
146 1 15
I begin with the protagonist Finnick Odair, a charming and confident man who has everything going for him- except for love, considering he is the Cap...
198K 3.2K 85
(First Book in Hunger Games: The New Story series by PeetaLovesKatniss) [Under Editing] Katniss must learn how to love Peeta, and in a much loving wa...