opposites attract: karma akab...

By ichvgo

❝ there goes that saying. opposites attract. ❞ - an angel and red-haired devil somehow find common grou... More

i. the world is a cruel place
iii. dealing with the devil
iv. downtime
v. kyoto killjoy

ii. evergreen blues

398 21 13
By ichvgo

"in your dreams, akabane."

‧₊˚‧₊˚.

THE wind was glazing onto your skin, making your hairs stand up and fulfill you with tingly goosebumps that would be merely inexpressible to form into words. as the joyful family of leaves dazzled through the refreshing breeze that blew right by you to reach the sky limits. there was nothing more tranquil than this, hearing the birds chirp to a melodic tune that'd be stuck in your head all day.

although you thought at times it was a cruel world you lived in, seeing beautiful greenery lie in front of your eyes opposed other thoughts. but you didn't think you'd be admiring mother nature to skip class with none other than karma akabane.

it took a few strings for him to pull to convince you to bunk class and head to the forest near campus to chill (he blackmailed you). 

he always seemed to get his way, especially with you. you were thinking you shouldn't let another boy take advantage of your doormat nature like last time.

"over the phone, huh?" karma said to you with his arms crossed to rest at the back of his head, as the both of you were walking deep into the forest layout.

if a stranger saw the conversation you guys had back in the storage room, they'd think you despised eachother. but, it was actually the complete opposite. karma akabane was always the person in class a that was sane, well, sane enough to have a little fun with.

you'd go to him to hangout and have chill convos with, and you two would talk about everything and anything. even your personal lives, which you'd do most of the talking when it came to this as you just revealed to him everything he missed during his suspension. you admit that you were closer to him than the dickwad you called your boyfriend, you wondered if asano had any idea of this during your relationship.

"he's a lost cause. he looks like some downgraded version of me anyway, plus borderline sociopathic." he said with his eyes closed, so nonchalantly tormenting your ex behind his back.

"woahh what are you trying to say, karma? i should upgrade to you?" you got a kick out of the insult, smirking whilst tapping your elbow on his arm.

"ha! i knew you'd be into that, but don't get the wrong idea." karma laughed, opening his eyes at the statement.

oh well, you didn't mean it anyway. besides, it's always fun when you two tease eachother.

you didn't even notice him looking at you as you were longingly staring into the distance in such deep thought, still having that boy imprinted into your head like a tattoo impossible to be ridden of.

"he still hasn't left your mind after all this time, has he?" he says after letting you space out for an unnecessarily long amount of time.

"what? no.. not at all, he dumped me over the  phone!" you defensively reply snapping your neck around to turn to him, "why would i have a care in the world..." you trail off to see the face he was giving you: unimpressed and unconvinced.

you give in and sigh annoyingly because he read right through you, "okay fine, he's all i can think about and i'm a miserable wreck."

"i'm sure we can figure out a way to distract yourself from the guy. my offer stands of a rebound, you know you have my number on speed dial~" he jokingly teased, winking at you with pride.

you both couldn't help but cringe and laugh hysterically, "ew! in your dreams, akabane." you say in between laughs.

the blissful laughter faded and had turned into silence, the same silence that time travelled you back to the night asano made the gut-wrenching call to you. how could someone do that? you angrily thought. he could've at least broken up with me in person, what an asshole — does he not have a heart? but,

i can't help but still love that asshole after what he put me through.

"so um, how did your parents react when they found out?" you say trying to get your mind off of asano.

"well you know how they are. travelling the world and what not, neglecting their son like always. they just told me to stay away from violence blah blah blah, which i'm obviously not gonna do."

he grabbed an unusual-looking green pocketknife from his blazer pocket and continuously threw it up in the air with his left hand like it was just some simple apple.

"i thought you'd still be able to stay on the main campus for third year, i mean, your grades are still amazing.." you point out.

"you remember how prince charming dropped to e class? they got onto him for working whilst being a student, we both apparently 'violated school policy'."

prince charming, mr. handsome, whatever silly nickname everyone gave isogai, you considered him to be a good friend. you thought he was the exact standard for the ideal boyfriend and that every man should strive to be like him, especially karma.

"the difference between you and isogai is that he has no choice because he has a family to support, you however had a choice in not getting involved with those hooligans." you say, snatching the rubber textured knife from his hands and stuffing it in your pocket to get his attention. he flinched. he thought of you as a fragile person and didn't expect you to let even the tip of your fingers come into contact with weapons, let alone his own.

"yes, mother. i will never be up to par with mr. handsome and i should avoid trouble like him." he says, sarcastically saluting with his right hand.

he didn't care about what you said and still felt justified in preventing that class e senior from being bullied further by the likes of your despicable peers.

"calm yourself, i never said what you did was wrong. in all honesty, that was really brave of you. stupid, but brave." you say admittedly.

you only scolded him because you couldn't stop imagining a scenario in which he didn't get out of that situation unscathed, he was troublesome with good intentions but handled this through 'bad' executions.

karma chuckled and seemingly shrugged off your comment. however after a pause, he says: "thanks, it means a lot coming from you." with a small smile on his face.

you liked that side of him, only a select few in his life knew. karma could be an empathetic and emotional person if he put his mind to it. for a split second, he made you forget about all the chaos that was ensuing in your life. just as you were about to open your mouth to reply, a voice in the distance suddenly called for you and karma, snapping you two into a cautious state of mind.

"guys!" it was nagisa.

a sigh of relief emitted from your mouth, although he interrupted a moment between you two, you were just glad to see him after how supportive he'd been in the previous school year.

"korosensei wants you two back on campus stat. terasaka saw you guys were bunking together and snitched."

what nagisa failed to mention however was after that bone-head told on the both of you, this weird korosensei guy (which was firstly an already weird name) had turned a shade of pink and started relationship gossiping to the others, seeing you guys as a possible cute pair. your friends egged on mentioning how close the two of you are, which fuelled his shipping gas even more than before, calling it a 'friends to lovers' trope.

"korosensei, huh?~ eager to see us, i see." karma replied back, pushing his hands deep into his pockets again, doing his signature smug look.

"koro..sensei? what kind of goofy name is that? he must be new.." you say, mocking how stupid the name sounded.

"you sure have a big surprise for you lying ahead, (y/n). you'll just have to wait and see~" karma said, edging you on even more.

you kept angrily annoying karma, demanding he tell you who this teacher was; yet your attempts failed and he didn't budge at all. meanwhile, nagisa wasn't helping with the situation as he awkwardly laughed in the distance at the weird tension you and karma shared. as the three of you were walking, you see from the corner of your eye that karma was sticking curious specs of green small pieces onto his hands.

"uh.. karma, what's that supposed to be? and why're you doing that...?" you didn't care if you were teased for being a mother scolding their child again.

"don't worry about it, sweetheart."

‧₊˚‧₊˚.

"EEEEEEEH??? WHAT THE FU-"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91.8K 2.5K 17
Omaga I love Assassination Classroom! Karma is bae~♡♡ You are a 15 year old youtuber, you love computers and your speciality is hacking. You...
46.3K 1K 29
╰► ["𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞?"] "𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦 𝐭𝐨 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞" ╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗ ≻──𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇, you're...
93.3K 2.2K 50
『 Get engaged to Karma Akabane 』 Due to financial difficulties, you had no choice but to accept your mother's proposal. Only when it was too late, ha...
867K 17.6K 17
⌜ ❝ 𝐋𝐄𝐓 𝐌𝐄 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐘 𝐑𝐔𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐀𝐍 𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐏𝐔𝐒𝐒𝐘. ❞ ⌟ .・゜゜・  ・゜゜・. 〄...