π•·π–†π–™π–Žπ–“

By IMBACKFROMNARNIA123

While struggling with his Latin homework, Jungkook mutters random gibberish. After he does, a man appears. ST... More

1
2
3
4
6
7

5

3.8K 225 268
By IMBACKFROMNARNIA123

Jungkook's second most hated time of day. Lunchtime. Why? He had no friends and usually had no money for food.

Yoongi held the door open to the cafeteria for him and then walked by his side, a large hand on the small of Jungkook's back. Yoongi leaned in to whisper.

"Where do you usually sit, Bun?"

Jungkook flushed at the nickname and the close proximity of them. Did this guy have a thing for putting his hand on the small of Jungkook's back or something? He did it all day when they were walking to class. Whatever the answer, it made Jungkook's stomach do flips every time.

"Wherever has the least people, usually the back corner." Jungkook mumbled.

"Works for me." Yoongi shrugged. He looked around and spotted a relatively empty section of the cafeteria. One table had no one sitting at it. He led Jungkook over.

The duo spotted someone waving them over to their crowded table. The typical 'popular' table where everyone looks the exact same and has no personality. Jungkook didn't like them. He knew the only reason they were inviting them over was because of Yoongi.

"Yo, you two. Come sit with us." A kid called out from the table. Jungkook didn't know why, but he moved behind Yoongi slightly. Either that, or Yoongi moved in front of him. He couldn't tell which because he was too busy panicking at all the attention on him.

"No." Yoongi deadpanned, grabbing Jungkook's hand. Everyone seemed shocked. Even Jungkook.

"Why not? You could make some new friends rather than sitting alone like losers." One of the kids snarked, some annoying snickers coming from the table.

"I'd rather be alone with my human than be 'friends' with the likes of you." Yoongi scoffed, pulling Jungkook along. Jungkook didn't fail to notice the tightened grip on his hand.

The two of them sat together at the table. Jungkook realized quite quickly that Yoongi wasn't exactly the best at controlling his anger. His eyes were bright red and he cracked his knuckles.

"Hey, it's okay." Jungkook soothed, placing a hand on top of Yoongi's balled up fist. "Look at me."

Yoongi did, and the red dimmed almost immediately. He maneuvered his hand so their fingers laced together. He took a few deep breaths and then the red was gone. Jungkook made him calm.

"I don't like how they talk about you." Yoongi spat.

"They didn't say anything." Jungkook raised a brow.

"They implied you were a loser for choosing to sit alone."

"Ah, well. Guess we both don't like how people talk about us." Jungkook mumbled, remembering how many times he heard people thirsting over his demon.

"Let's talk about something else. Where's your lunch?" Yoongi muttered.

"I don't eat lunch." Jungkook shrugged. Yoongi stared at him blankly. Jungkook shrunk back. "I'm...sorry?" He tried.

"So you're telling me," Yoongi lowered his voice as he leaned in, "that you don't eat breakfast or lunch on the daily?"

"Um...sometimes." Jungkook mumbled, breaking eye contact. He scratched his neck sheepishly. "I was kind of too distracted to make anything, having a demon and all."

Yoongi shook his head like a disappointed parent. "That's not good, love. Fortunately for you I brought something." He said as he pulled out a container of food.

"Thank you." Jungkook whispered, eating the food, not caring enough to question where it came from and when Yoongi had time to make it.

"Tch, what am I gonna do with you, huh?" Yoongi mumbled, resting his head on his hand as he watched Jungkook eat. Jungkook looked up at him through his pretty lashes.

"Hm?" Jungkook squeaked. Yoongi shook his head, brushing it off. It was silent for a few minutes as Jungkook finished his food. He wiped his mouth with his sleeve and leaned back, satisfied. "Are all demons as temperamental as you?"

"I'm worse than most." Yoongi sighed. Jungkook giggled, and Yoongi swore his stomach did a backflip.

"It's cute but also kind of terrifying. I find it nice you're protective and care about me, but it's also quite concerning when you threaten my classmate's lives." Jungkook chuckled.

"It's their fault for being-"

"Yoongi."

Yoongi shut his mouth and grumbled to himself. He hated listening to people, but at the same time he didn't want to upset Jungkook.

"Ugh, I can't believe that loser got himself a demon. He probably did it for the attention."

Yoongi spoke with a smile, "Do you have a sudden urge to bash someone's skull into the table, or is that just me?"

"Yoongi!" Jungkook gasped, "Don't you dare. They're just rude. Violence is never the answer."

"It's almost always the answer." Yoongi scoffed, eyes moving past Jungkook.

"His demon is way out of his league. I bet it's all an act. There's no way he'd actually be liked by someone that attractive."

Yoongi stood up and cleared his throat loudly, "Kang Soojin, 17 years old, lives at home with parents and younger siblings. Currently failing three classes and cheating on your significant other. Doesn't look after siblings when parents ask you to. I'd say you're much less likable than my human."

The entire table went quiet and stared at Yoongi with wide eyes. Yoongi smiled at the shocked gossiper and then sat down like nothing happened.

"Yoongi, what-"

"Shh, it's okay." Yoongi shushed the younger, brushing the hair from his eyes while staring at him fondly. How the hell did his personality change so quickly?

"It is not okay, Yoongi!" Jungkook protested.

"Hey, you're the one who said not to bash their skull in. I picked an alternative." Yoongi held his hands up.

"How does that solve anything?!"

"They've been humiliated. They think they're superior to you when in fact they are hiding a lot. The truth would've gotten out at some point anyway, I sped up the process. It'll teach them to be more respectful of others when they know nothing about them."

"How did you even know all of that about them anyway?" Jungkook asked.

"Hm, I think I'll tell you some other time." Yoongi murmured, his eyes flickering away momentarily.

"I don't know..." Jungkook bit his lip whilst tapping his index fingernail on the tabletop quietly. His eyes wandered.

"You don't know what?" Yoongi questioned with a quirk of a brow.

"I don't know if I want you coming to school with me anymore." Jungkook said hesitantly, making eye contact after. "You've been causing a lot of...problems."

"Hate to say it, but that's not really up to you. Like I said, demons need to be with their humans." Yoongi shrugged, seeming unaffected. He could tell Jungkook was trying to be as nice sounding as possible.

"Then you need to behave better!" Jungkook huffed.

"Excuse me? I've been on my best behavior for you this whole time!"

"This is your best behavior? I freaking hope it isn't!"

"Actually, it is. I've treated you with a lot more care than I did with my other humans, you know! I don't see how that isn't considered good behavior."

"You've already threatened one person and been rude to two others! How do you call that good behavior?!"

"That's less than normal!"

The bickering demon and human were unaware of the attention they were receiving from their raised voices. People wandered over, thinking a fight was about to start. It was just a whole lot of staring. Again.

"That's it! Tomorrow when we come to school, you cannot speak to anyone. At all!" Jungkook snapped. "And no cuddling tonight."

Yoongi leaned back abruptly with widened eyes. He gaped at Jungkook. That really took him aback. His eyes moved to the other students that heard and saw everything. His shocked expression twisted into an angry one.

"Nothing to see here, move along, you fuckers." Yoongi snarled. No one had to be told twice.

"See, this is exactly what I mean." Jungkook groaned, putting his face in his hands.

"Okay, that was out of habit. But still, don't you think you're being a bit harsh?" Yoongi frowned.

"Harsh? How is my solution harsh?" Jungkook furrowed his brows.

"Well, I'm still getting used to things here too. I've been in Hell for years. I haven't been in the human world since I had my last human. I have to readjust. I apologize for disrupting your normal life here, but this is just as strange for me as it is for you, even with having previous humans. Every time it's different. None of my humans really restrained me to have proper manners. I'm trying my best. There's no need to be...confiscating...cuddles." Yoongi explained calmly.

Now Jungkook felt guilty. That did make sense and he didn't think about it.

"You're right, I didn't realize. I'm sorry...wait, are you pouting?"

"...no." Yoongi frowned, staring down at the table.

"Did the no cuddling thing really upset you that much?" Jungkook tried to bite back his grin.

Yoongi stayed silent and shrugged, scratching at the surface of the table with his nail. Then he mumbled, "Like I said, you're different from my other humans. It felt nice. Right. I enjoyed it and I want to do it again."

"That's so cute." Jungkook cooed without thinking, giggling loudly when Yoongi's head shot up and his cheeks dusted pink. It was kind of strange to see Yoongi being the one embarrassed rather than him.

"Don't steal my lines, human. That's for me to say to you." Yoongi huffed, but he didn't seem mad.

Ah, saved by the bell. Jungkook and Yoongi rose to their feet along with the rest of the students. Not much was said between the two on the way to the last class of the day. Yoongi's hand kept fidgeting at his side while they walked.

Jungkook jumped slightly when he felt a warm hand nudge his. He glanced down and then back up to look at Yoongi. He seemed...nervous? It already seemed like being nervous was a rare thing for someone as blunt and confident as Yoongi.

Jungkook hesitantly entwined their fingers as they continued to walk. Yoongi seemed to like that.

Little did he know, Yoongi liked that very much. For the first time when he offered his hand to be held, it had been accepted.

I really don't know where this book is going yikes.

Not to sound rude, but please don't ask me to update. In any of my books. I will update when I update. I understand you're eager and it does make me happy people desire more of my content. However, I haven't updated in a while now due to writer's block. I've started about five different chapters for five different books and nothing good has come out of it. I will always continue books, and if I choose not to, I will TELL you. It makes me feel really pressured and honestly annoyed with myself when I'm genuinely stuck but people are telling me they want more. I know you don't mean any harm, but this is just a request from me. Just know I will always inform you if I decide to put a book on hiatus, or my entire account. Thank you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

531K 19.6K 28
In which a misunderstanding make Taehyung turn Jungkook's peaceful life turn into a living hell. 11.07.20 Grammar mistakes,typo please ignore Mpreg...
167K 7.8K 35
━It's hard to be a kindergarten teacher but not until he met Jeon Jungkook. Taekook au : -top Jungkook -bottom Taehyung
120K 7.2K 36
Yoonkook au in which half demon florist Yoongi is sent to deal with a playful spirit in an old apartment who scares everyone off but wouldn't go to t...
612 102 6
"I am supposed to be falling for Y/N! Where did you both come from?" "Have we chained you to the bed with a blindfold over your eyes? Who is stoppin...