opposites attract: karma akab...

Da ichvgo

❝ there goes that saying. opposites attract. ❞ - an angel and red-haired devil somehow find common grou... Altro

ii. evergreen blues
iii. dealing with the devil
iv. downtime
v. kyoto killjoy

i. the world is a cruel place

717 25 13
Da ichvgo

"tell me, did you really love me like you told me?"

‧₊˚‧₊˚.

YOU couldn't believe it.

after all the power and glory you relished in what was your status as an 'a' class student, you had failed all of your exams, even your best subjects! starting next term you'll be moving into the end class.

the end class. the lowest of them all. it was tradition for the higher classes to make a mockery out of anyone who demoted to class e. but unlike them, you actually had empathy and recognised this was wrong, and realised you would inevitably ended up there.

despite the endless help from nagisa, you nonetheless ranked last out of every person in the entire school, even people from class e ranked higher than you.

you had the closest friends you have ever made in class e and genuinely bonded with them. unlike the people in the higher classes, who were so full of themselves that they were dry as bone to you, only ever talking about the mistakes that were the e-class students or school. everything to them was just school, school, school and it seemed as if they didn't have a life outside of kunugigaoka.

all did this except one boy in your class, but you hadn't seen him for a while due to him being suspended on violent behaviours. he was an idiot, but he was a smart idiot. an idiot you considered a good friend.

you found yourself laying on your bed, staring at the ceiling, feeling nothing but emptiness and despair. a wave of irrational thoughts filled your brain with its screams of horror, eventually allowing it to invade your nonexistent peace.

you were starting to feel heavy weights being dropped onto your eyelids. just as you were about to close your eyes ready to escape the reality of today, a sudden deafening ring came from your phone, making you shoot up with annoyance and eagerness to put a stop to it. you see the person wrecking your ears was gakushu asano.

some boyfriend he was to have not spoken to you all day.

there was no: 'how are you?' , 'is there anything i can do?' not even a, 'better luck next time!' you just needed something, any form of validation from him to give you the slightest bit of reassurance that he still cared about you.

you were dreading this from the second you found out of your demotion, you knew what was going to happen which didn't help how awful your day was. gazing pathetically at the picture you had set for his contact name, it was from when the two of you went on a festival date together last summer. he was wearing a royal purple yukata, which you specifically picked out for gakushu as it matched his eyes, you remember the triumph you felt when you took a picture at the perfect moment as he had the biggest smile plastered on his face. that sense of vulnerability from him will be the first and last time you'll see him do that around you ever again. as the ringtone was on loop for the third time, you finally lifted the phone up from the bedside and clicked the answer button.

"gaku..." you trail off with a hint of disinterest and sleepiness in your tone of voice, "i know what you're gonna do, so just get it over and done with already."

there was silence from both sides, neither one knowing what to say at that moment. after all of those memories you shared with eachother, the happiness it fulfilled you, was it all just one sided? why did he ever ask you to be your boyfriend in the first place?

"i would've guessed you did," he said, breaking the tense atmosphere the both of you had created. "listen, it'll be impossible to spend time together. we won't be in the same classes anymore — hell, not even the same campus. i'm only doing what is right for the both of us- "

"would you just drop the act and stop lying, asano?" you cut him off, no longer having any of his continuous lies.

"excuse me?" he fired back, not expecting you to suddenly call him by his surname.

"you heard me. we both know you're only doing this so that your stupid reputation doesn't get ruined."

"i have absolutely no clue what you're talking about. i take pride in what i do, i'm doing this to save you from the humiliation you've already been through." you could sense his narcissistic expression and unsympathetic demeanour through the other line whilst he muttered these words.

"wow, thanks! i feel less humiliated now that you let me down easy by dumping me over the phone!" you snapped back sarcastically.

despite the romanticised idea you had of him in your head, this wouldn't bypass how sick and tired you were of being the submissive one in the relationship and allowing yourself to let his negativity and superiority seep into your skin — that same nature you knew all too well from the people in class a.

"how could you say that? you're willing to sacrifice everything we've been through together just over some popularity and academic points? all this time i really thought you cared about me, that you cared about us."

you heard your voice trembling on the last word, it cracked as you felt an ocean of tears soak your cheeks and drip all the way down to your throat.

with a deep sigh, your now ex-boyfriend said: "i thought i did. but now, that doesn't matter to me anymore."

"was that all a lie? tell me, did you really love me like you told me?" after you said that returned the overwhelming presence of uncomfortable silence, again.

you realised the extended void of quiet was not due him being speechless, he'd hung up on you. he left you hanging with a widened expression on your face and a trembling mouth. you apathetically placed your phone where it was last positioned and buried your face in your pillow and erupted into a violent sob, wishing for this day to end. you felt as if you had said too much in the call and he reciprocated too little, exactly mirroring the trajectory of your relationship. the world is a cruel place, and he proved your point.

you were useless to asano now.

‧₊˚‧₊˚.

"huh~ and whats this?"

a slender figure with their hands deep into their pockets stood in front of you. you were pressed into a corner of the storage room in fetal position in the abandoned campus of kunugigaoka, in other words, class e's campus. by the sense of fulfilment in the mysterious person's voice, you automatically knew who this was.

"god, karma. shouldn't you be blowing up a church or something?" you say, immediately rising up to your feet.

you still hadn't recovered from your hectic school break. once you walked up what felt like a mountain to your new campus, you immediately ran to a place where you thought no one would enter to mentally calm down before starting lessons. so much for that plan.

"the real questions is, why're you here? shouldn't you be with the others in class a and your, 'oh so handsome and smart pookie gaku!' " he said, clasping his hands together and putting on a flamboyant and high pitched tone to mock your voice.

"you're not funny." you say to him, giving him a dirty glare whilst walking out of the room in disgust.

"oh come on, it was just a lil' bit." you stop dead in your tracks once he said this, half way through the exit of the storage room. the eyes at the back of your head could detect his signature stupid, smug smirk he had on.

"wanna skip class for a bit? i can't be bothered with PE right now." he further teased.

"you know me, karma. i'm not the type of person to do that," you say, turning on your right heel with your arms behind your back to meet with his mercury gaze, shooting back your own version of his smirk.

"plus, it's my first day in e class." your smirk faded as you remembered the events that led up to this moment.

"who said it wasn't mine either?"

‧₊˚‧₊˚.

i came to realise how much i missed writing , it made me really happy. one at a time i'll try my best to update :) i have some drafts of this book that need tweaking, but i'm so excited ! this gives me more of a reason to rewatch assassination classroom again haha

chapter name inspo credit: @ Devilish_Lu-Lu !

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

91.8K 2.5K 17
Omaga I love Assassination Classroom! Karma is bae~♡♡ You are a 15 year old youtuber, you love computers and your speciality is hacking. You...
93.3K 2.2K 50
『 Get engaged to Karma Akabane 』 Due to financial difficulties, you had no choice but to accept your mother's proposal. Only when it was too late, ha...
7.4K 134 28
*I do not own assassination classroom or Karma* (Y/n) (L/n) is an assassin although her personality doesn't fit well with it she was able to make it...
48.5K 1.6K 17
(Karma Akabane x Reader) You and Karma have a lot of history, due to being childhood friends and everything. The two of you have been so close for so...