Partners in Crime; A Jay Hals...

بواسطة Writer_Reader05

Y/n L/n used to be a Homicide Detective, but now, she has been transferred to the Intelligence Unit of the 21... المزيد

Season 1; Stepping Stone
Wrong Side of the Bars
Chin Check
Now Is Always Temporary
Thirty Balloons
Conventions
Different Mistakes
A Material Witness
At Least It's Justice
Turn the Light Off
8:30 PM
My Way
The Docks
A Beautiful Friendship
Season 2; Call It Macaroni
Get My Cigarettes
The Weigh Station
Chicken, Dynamite, Chainsaw
An Honest Woman
Prison Ball
They'll Have to Go Through Me
Assignment of the Year
Called in Dead
Shouldn't Have Been Alone
We Don't Work Together Anymore
Disco Bob
A Little Devil Complex
Erin's Mom
What Do You Do
What Puts You on That Ledge
Say Her Real Name
Get Back to Even
The Three Gs
The Number of Rats
There's My Girl
Push the Pain Away
Born Into Bad News
Season 3; Life Is Fluid
Natural Born Storyteller
Actual Physical Violence
Debts of the Past
Climbing Into Bed
You Never Know Who's Who
A Dead Kid, a Notebook and a Lot of Maybes
Forget My Name
Never Forget I Love You
Now I'm God
Knocked the Family Right Out
Looking Out for Stateville
Hit Me
The Song of Gregory William Yates
A Night Owl
The Cases That Need to Be Solved
Forty-Caliber Bread Crumb
Kasual with a K
If We Were Normal
In A Duffel Bag
Justice
She's Got Us
Start Digging
Season 4; The Silos
Made a Wrong Turn
All Cylinders Firing
Big Friends, Big Enemies
A War Zone
Some Friend
300,000 Likes
A Shot Heard Around the World
Don't Bury This Case
Don't Read the News
You Wish
Sanctuary
I Remember Her Now
Seven Indictments
Favor, Affection, Malice or Ill-Will
Emotional Proximity
Remember the Devil
Little Bit of Light
Last Minute Resistance
Grasping for Salvation
Fagin
Army of One
Fork in the Road
Season 5; Reform
The Thing About Heroes
Promise
Snitch
Home
Fallen
Care Under Fire
Politics
Monster
Rabbit Hole
Confidential
Captive
Chasing Monsters
Anthem
Sisterhood
Profiles
Breaking Point
Ghosts
Payback
Saved
Allegiance
Homecoming
Season 6; New Normal
Endings
Bad Boys
Ride Along
Fathers and Sons
True or False
Trigger
Black and Blue
Descent
Brotherhood
Trust
Outrage
Night in Chicago
Ties That Bind
Good Men
The Forgotten
Pain Killer
This City
What Could Have Been
Sacrifice
Confession
Reckoning
Season 7; Doubt
Assets
Familia
Infection
Brother's Keeper
False Positive
Informant
No Regrets
Absolution
Mercy
43rd and Normal
The Devil You Know
I Was Here
Center Mass
Burden of Truth
Intimate Violence
Before the Fall
Lines
Buried Secrets
Silence of the Night
Season 8; Fighting Ghosts
White Knuckle
Tender Age
Unforgiven
In Your Care
Equal Justice
Instinct
Protect and Serve
Impossible Dream
The Wedding
The Radical Truth
Signs of Violence
Due Process
Trouble Dolls
Safe
The Right Thing
The Other Side
Season 9; Closure
Rage
The One Next to Me
In the Dark
Burnside
End of Watch
Trust Me
Fractures
A Way Out
Home Safe
Lies

The Price We Pay

3.6K 83 5
بواسطة Writer_Reader05

Yn's POV

"All right, we've got a new case. This is Frank Fitori. He was caught napping in a ditch by the marsh where he was dumped. He's had his own little racket on the south side for years" Voight said. "He swims with a lot of big fish" Antonio said. "Swam" I say. "Swam" Antonio questioned. "Well, he's dead. So the correct word is swam" I say. "All right, Halstead and I will check out the murder site" Erin said. "Great idea. Why don't you and Jay do that? Everyone else, go through the confidential files on Taylor Street, Bridgeport, Chinatown, and Melrose crews. Let's see who's running what nowadays" Voight said.

I ended up working with Al, and we were currently marking a map of Chicago where different gangs were. "So I'm thinking we stop into some pawn shops on Blue Island. I'll bet you anything the murder weapon found on Fitori was a dump gun" Adam said. Neither Al or I looked up from our work. "Al, Yn, you're not listening to me" Adam said. "Well, you talk so much, it's hard to know when I'm supposed to listen and when I can just tune out" Al said which caused me to laugh. "Yn, don't laugh. Don't support him insulting me" Adam said. "Sorry Adam, but that was pretty funny" I say. "All right, what were you saying" Al asked Adam. "That I'll bet that the murder weapon is a dump gun" Adam said. "Well, let's hit the pawn shops. Come on" Al said.

Before we could hit the pawn shops, Voight stopped us along with the rest of the team. "This turned out to be more of a homicide thing, as we all suspected. I apologize" Voight said. "Hold up a sec. Alessio Colo. He was one of the top bosses on the south side. Bookmaking, loan-sharking, extortion, armed robberies. C.P.D. thought he was retired, but now a tip leads us to believe he's back in the game" Antonio said. "What are you doing" Voight asked. "And this is Joe Catalano, habitual felon just released from Stateville, and Colo's nephew. He used to work for Colo back before he got sent up. Our D.O.A., Fitori, he turned rat on Catalano back in '06. He made a deal with the state's attorney that kept him in jail and put Catalano in" Antonio said. "It sound like Catalano got released, and he got right to it" Jay said.

"All right, so if Catalano dumped the body, who's the driver" I ask. "Okay, I'm tracking down the Indian company that has footage from the construction yard. Just waiting for the sun to come up over there and we should have a clear shot of the driver" Jin said. "Yeah, the D.O.A., Frank Fitori, he used to run with this Ross crew back in the day. A guy named Dean-O Ross was the patriarch" Al said. "Along with Fitori, Dean Ross was on the grand jury witness list" Antonio said. "Maybe Dean-O's a target too" Adam suggested. "All right, let's go. Ruzek and I will shadow him, tuck him in at night" Al said. "That's a good idea. Lindsay and I will come too" Voight said. "Looks like we're all going" Antonio said. "I'd like to talk to you in my office first" Voight said to Antonio.

"Hey, do you want to ride with Antonio and I" I ask Jay. "Sure. Any particular reason why" Jay asked. "Well, if you haven't noticed, there's something going on between Voight and Antonio, and I would prefer there not be any awkwardness in the car" I say. Once in the car, we parked on the side of a street and got in position.

"O, do you have eyes on him" Antonio asked into his radio. "Just approaching now. We've got him" Al replied. "We're near Clark and Belmont in case he heads to the highway" Antonio said. "Ross is on foot, heading toward the tanning salon on Sheffield" Al said. "We'll be right there" Antonio said and started up the car. "Suspect is heading south" Erin shouted into the microphone as Antonio pulled up to a curb. All three of us got out with are guns raised and took off down the street. However, when we found Voight, who had been closest to the suspect, he was alone. "I lost him" Voight said.

After that, the case just fell apart, which was weird because Intelligence usually always solved its' cases. I walked downstairs to find Archie waiting for me. He had to come pick me up because he dropped me off at work. "Hey Yn, before you go, I need to take your picture for the new IDs" Platt said. "Okay. Where do you want me" I ask. "Just stand on that x there and smile at the camera" Platt said. I did as she told me and with one flash, my picture was taken. "Look at that. This is by far the most beautiful picture I've taken all day. You've got a good one" Platt said to Archie. "I know" Archie said. "Bye Sergeant. I'll see you tomorrow" I say to Platt. "You too Yn" Platt replied as Archie and I walked out of the district.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

111K 1.5K 24
Quinn Lopez works in the intelligence unit run by hank Voight, she has known jay halstead ever since they joined the academy together at 18. When Qu...
32.9K 477 14
Ashley Rhodes was 23 when Hank Voight came to her with a job opportunity. So she left the station she was working at, as a level 2 detective. Then m...
102K 1.6K 32
The newest member of intelligence seems like a sweet and caring addition, but when jay stumbles across her record he starts to lose trust in her...
100K 1.8K 40
Annabelle Ruzek, the younger sister of Adam Ruzek, starts working for the Famous Intelligence Unit of District 21 of Chicago, Her dream finally comin...