ADORE YOU

By _awizardsway_

She was like art, exquisite & fascinating. Admired by many, yet he was the one who truly had the privilege to... More

COPYRIGHT
AESTHETIC
1•Introduction•
2•First Meet•
3•Thoughts•
4•Plotting•
5 •Confident•
6 •Payback's a Bitch•
7 •Surprises•
8 •The Announcement•
10 •The Gala•
11• Conciliation•
12 •Periculum•
13 • Amicis •
14 • Principium •
15 • Dolor •
16 • The Proposal •
17 • High •
18 • Dangerous •
19 • Realisation •
20 • Is it a date? •
21 • Terror •
22 • Confessions •
23 • Afraid •
24 • Halycon •
25 • Falling •
27 • Calor •
28 • Hush hush •
29 • Home •
30 • Inked •
31 • Initiis Novis •
32 •Una Anima•

9 •The Invitation•

148 27 15
By _awizardsway_

9

The Invitation

The phantoms: Watch me

a|n:- Contains Mature Language

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aiden's P.O.V.:-

Red.

Was the only color flashing before my eyes, never in my life have I have been humiliated like this. No actually, I have never been insulted in my life before Mia came along.

From the day she has entered my life she has done nothing but insult me. I mean I know sometimes or most of the times I provoke her, but she was the one who started this the very first time she insulted me. I know I shouldn't have provoked her when Hannah said like that because honestly if Augustine said that like what Hannah thought I would have flipped but seriously I just couldn't control myself I don't know why but I liked watching her getting all riled up.

I thought that the yesterday the way I dealt with her was a little bit of harsh. I just wanted her to complete her the file honestly I seriously didn't remember when I told her to submit it just the day after. I had no intention of having her run around I mean I am not that cruel that is literally a dick move. But I just was too proud to admit that I made a mistake although I hinted at it. So I just thought to go along with it.

Honestly at that time I was thinking about Augustine, as we all had a bet I am too competitive to lose and to think of it now we all were wrong. I mean with all the build up I was honestly excepting to them to announce their marriage or kid I considered moving in I mean they having dating quite a while for now but I wasn't expecting it to be so dramatic I just thought they would move in  and then announce later.

Though I can see where Hannah is coming from I mean she has lived with her friends since they graduated and telling them you are leaving would be hard. I am sure she was scared of how would they react and choose to act in the way she did. And having a back up was good but it was a bit sting for Mia and Emilia that their friend didn't trust them enough.

But whatever it was I am happy for Augustine, lord knows the guys deserves the happiness and Hannah is clearly the one for him.

The happiness for my friend was a bit helpful to shimmer down the fire of anger within me, but that doesn't mean I am not going to play.

Somewhere deep down I know that I enjoy our banters, the reason is because for once someone was not trying to agree with me, seduce me or kiss my ass just because I was a King it was refreshing.

But that doesn't mean I dislike her any less and now how it is just increased but I wasn't the one to react it would be no good of me.

And I just know how to do that and I am sure that I am going to enjoy it more than anything but the same couldn't be said about others.

The next morning I called Chris in the office and told him to request Mia to look after the files she submitted, I know that the file was correct but I just wanted to get her riled up for the right time.

After Chris left there was a knock on my door, well the plan just started I thought.

Mia's P.O.V.:-

I really wasn't in he the mood to see Aiden today after what he did last night but as far as I know him he would have something planned probably.

I know how much I didn't wanted to come to the office today I was almost going to call in. But as usual both Hannah and Em had given me pep talks which did nothing and then they restored to kick me out of the house no pun intended.

So here I am now begrudgingly working and we both had reconciled with Hannah after our talk yesterday she explained herself as of the reasons.

First of the conversation was awkward which I never expected because it was never awkward between us, it was some what like this

We where sitting in our balcony which had a small coffee table surrounded by 2 chairs and had a bird nest type of swing, the balcony was quite a big one since we only had one of it.

Hannah had made us coffee as it was  bit chilly outside, Hannah and Em were occupying the chairs while I lounged in the chair looking at the sky which was a bit helping me to calm down for a while both Hannah and Em where quite, observing me though I wasn't looking at them I could tell because of their drilling gazes on my faces.

"Okay guys I am sorry but hear me out okay first" Hannah broke the peaceful silence.

We didn't reply just looked at her and nodded to continue, "Okay here goes we have been together since highschool we are practically attached to each we are more close than we are with Alex. What ever we did we did together whether be it beating someone else or someone else beating us." at that we all chuckled.

"It is great you know having such awesome friends as pillars, I mean you guys had my back when no one else did not even my parents. You believed in me when no one else did" 

It was true Hannah wanted to be a chef and her parents wanted her to be a doctor as they both were. A lot of fights had happened between them, Hannah had even left her home at that time and since we were close at that time I had bought her to my home after that she lived with me for a week when finally my parents discovered the real reason she was living with us. So at that time my mum explained Hannah and us to let her go at her home and she was the only one to make her parents understand the need to follow her dreams after that Hannah went to her home and tried to explain them, at first they were a bit apprehensive but after Hannah had finally proved them wrong they realised their mistake.

"So when Augustine asked me to be his girlfriend after dating I was scared because at that time neither of you were even dating. If you ignore Em's one nights and Mia you so focused on your career at that time you haven't even considered dating even now. I can still remember the look of dread on Augustine's face when I declined him."

" God I couldn't face him for a week and then you guys where the ones to make me understand how silly the thought was and how stupid I was to decline him. Augustine asked me to move in with him a loads of times but I kept dodging it because when I thought about it I was terrified because moving in with would be great. But I will have to loose you guys which I wasn't ready for, Augustine kept asking me. I don't know how the guy didn't loose confidence." Hannah was now on a full rant mode.

"I could give that the guy has balls" Em interrupted.

"I sure would have and when he popped the question again I just didn't have the heart to say no. And then when I told him my reason of not moving in he understood but I wanted to take that step I mean its been 2 years so I said yes."Hannah continued.

"And that is great, okay we'll stop it" Hannah looked annoyed.

"But the real task came when I was supposed to tell you I was fucking scared on how you will react cause I am still not so sure so in a way inviting them. I thought maybe if things went south, you can see how his friends supported him and maybe you would do the same or they would make you understand which in turn will clear my doubts too, I know it sounds stupid and even Augustine was against it but I managed to convince him. But guys I am sorry cause I know that you will always be with me as in my happiness I don't need a third party for that because that is what we want for each other the most. Now can you please forgive me I'll make you your favorite dishes" She finishes explaining her self while nervously looking at us waiting for our replies.

And we both well, we were trying to hide our tears after the bloody emotional speech she gave, she gave a bit run through of our friendship from her side.

Man I am not able to control it. With that I get up and go to hug her while Em follows and in seconds we all are crying like idiots.

"Now you shut up and going to remove all those stupid thoughts out your mind and even if we are allowing you to moving out, that doesn't mean you are slacked off from treating us with food"Em tries to lighten the mood.

"And you will always be welcomed here when Augustine finally realises how much of stupid you are oh and when are you moving?" I question her.

" In a week or two, I have not decided yet if Augustine had his way I would already be living with him now" that is true I am not sure how Hannah had managed to dodge the question for two years.

"Oh okay but we are going to have a sleep over before that just the three of us like old times" I demand and they quickly agree.

"Also we could go to club and invite Alex I mean we need him too"Em suggests, I mean we cannot leave him out.

I am pulled out of my thoughts with a sound of a knock on my door, "Come in" I reply.

"Oh Chris good morning have a seat what can I help you with" see I told you that guy has planned something. Idiot.

"Good morning Mia it is nothing much Mr. King asked me to give this file to you and requested if you would go through it he thinks something might be wrong int it" I take the file from him and it was the same file I had submitted on saturday the file for which I had worked my ass off and which he said was right.

What an A class asshole, I was fuming literally I mean I was meant to do the work I already had done and he had even approved.

I take the file with me and then march towards his office without even glancing at Chris, I am so angry right now that if some unfortunate lands in my way I don't what would happen of him.

Still fuming I reach his floor as I near to his office I hear the sound of laughter which I ignore not caring in my fuming state. 

Pulling the door open I barge in his office, "Are you insane? I had finished that file and submitted to you and you even approved it, and now you request me to look for a mistake that you surprisingly found out now. You want to waste my time over something for which I already have worked." I shout at him the whole while he keeps looking at me with a blank face as if he knew something I didn't.

"Miss Warren if you remember clearly I requested you to look in to it. Yes I don't find any error as such but it wouldn't hurt to double check but if you are not comfortable with extra work I can do it leave on the table" when the hell did he become so nice did he fall on his head or something I mean he has spoken to me in the most polite way ever.

Wait is this his way to guilt trip me into it because if he thinks it can work, well he is right because I am feeling fucking guilty I mean he did request me I could have denied politely if I wanted. I start drawing my apology but even before I could start I am interrupted by a third voice.

"Miss Warren I don't think that is right way to talk to the person you are working for" now I take a look at the other side and much to my dread it is Mr. Lee who heard me talking or rather shouting at Aiden, ah shit.

"Mr Lee I didn't see you there" oh my god now I understood what exactly Aiden was thinking and to think I almost believed him for acting so politely. Now he is the good guy while I am the bad one in front of Mr Lee, I don't whether to bang my head on the wall or his.

"Aiden you don't mind if I talk to her in private" Mr lee asks him while I am rather scared at how he will react I am never held myself before him in this way and to think of it he addressed me as Miss Warren than is already getting on my nerves.

"No not at all but I would like to tell you that before you shout at her or remove her from the project a word of advise don't do it, she is perfectly capable of handling the work as you said on her first day no one is as compatible as her. And regarding this well Mr Lee we all are humans we all make mistakes and I am fine with it. And would be terrible loss to remove her" that double faced manipulating bastard, Mr lee thinks he is saying the truth were in fact I can bloody feel the smugness in his eyes.

"Okay Aiden I will consider it" with that we move towards the foyer.

"Mia I wasn't expecting that from you, how could you do that talking to him in a disrespectful manner. Kings our oldest partner Mia I don't want to put our years of good profession in a jeopardy. And he is Aiden King as much as of nice he is the guy will destroy if you so much raise a voice against him you are lucky he was  in good mood now you are going to go ther and apologise also you are going to view that file again and please don't ever do that again" I wasn't able to look at him the whole time at had kept my eyes down. 

I literally let him down that was exactly the whole plan of Aiden, I was starting to feel a bit of disappointment like I am done and didn't wanted to continue the whole thing but that would be stupid on my part as I would let down Mr lee and also let Aiden win and after this I wouldn't let that happen even in his dreams.

"I promise I'll do as you say Mr lee and I assure you that I'll not let you down further" I am so not going down without a fight and I am sure that I will get many chances to kick Aiden's ass.

We both enter his office and the first thing I do is apologise while really wanting to hurl all curse words at him, "I am so sorry for earlier Mr King and if you will I can view the files as you requested" feigning my best 'I am sorry' look I say to him if he can do acting I had the best teacher for it.

"It is fine Miss Warren we all have our lows and I know you will do your work perfectly" he says while handing me the file. I move towards the door when Mr Lee stops me, well I think he is not yet forgiven me.

 " Aiden unfortunately I will have to be the bearer of bad news, I won't be able to attend your success party as my wife and I have some previous engagements" what success party and why the hell am I standing here for.

"Oh that is bad I was hoping you would like to meet Ava and Adrian they were looking forward to meet you but it is fine" Aiden says while I think Adrian and Ava were his younger siblings.

"But I am supposed to send someone as a professional courtesy, so Mia will attend from our side and I suppose you need date I think she can accompany you" WHAT THE HELL did I slept or something because I am pretty sure Mr lee suggested him to take me as a date.

First of all I don't like to attend this high profile parties as I have a pretty bad experience I had attended once and it was enough for lifetime and Mr Lee knew that and that is why he never send me to ones, ah the universe wants to screw me it was because how I talked to Aiden before.

That means I have no option but to attend.

"Oh that is great but Mr lee about taking a date you know that I go alone so I can't take Miss Warren as my date but I am sure she can find one for herself" that was the most polite way where some one has rejected me.

"Mr lee I assure you I will attend it and I already have a date" the look on Aiden's face when I mentioned about my date I don't know why the guy was drilling holes in my face and that was a scary look.

"Now if you will excuse me" with that I dash out from there.

With that I move towards my office, trying to compose myself after date how aiden tricked me, the bomb Mr Lee had put on me, and how Aiden reacted after I told him I had a date which I don't, welp it was too much to take in.

I take another hour in double checking the file for any mistakes as Aiden had so politely highlighted, I had unfortunately found one but I rectified it in such a way that no one would ever know, I mean I am not going to admit that I was wrong. With that I take the file and head towards his office for second time in a day.

I knock on the door and enter when he answers, " I checked the file it had no mistakes as I said" I hand over the file to him while trying to keep my face straight as I am very bad at lying anyone can notice that.

"Are you sure because your face says otherwise" Dang it, I am shit at lying.

"Okay you got me but I corrected it now so you have nothing to say"I admit it while he was going to say something but was interrupted by the knock on the door.

" Come in" He replies while I stand there contemplating about am I supposed to just stand there.

Cue in enters a beautiful brunette, dressed in a black jumpsuit with a handbag on her right arm, now that I really looked she was Caitlyn Valentino daughter of James Valentino who had a business of exports and as far as I knew they were also the partners of King in their export business.

"Caitlyn what are you doing here? " Aiden furrows his eyebrows while I don't know looking uncomfortable.

"Oh I came here to invite you for dad's birthday, actually he was going to come but he had a meeting and I was free and besides I wanted to see you" oh I see the girl had a major crush on him and with the look she was giving him I was pretty sure she would have jumped on him if I wasn't here.

" Um excuse me, who are you? " She directed her gaze towards me and as if trying to comprehend what I had to do with aiden, well sis don't worry you can have that asshat all for yourself you'll fit perfectly with him.

"Hi I am Mia Warren, I work on a project with Mr king nothing else" I offered her my hand to her while she stared at it as if she was disgusted by the thought of touching me.

Bloody rich assholes.

And as suddenly a light bulb clicked in my mind on what Caelum had said previous night I smirked while looking at aiden, he trying to analyse what I was planning.

"Oh my god you are Caitlyn Valentino right? " I ak her while trying my hard to stop from busting.

"Um yes why are you asking? " She questions me suspiciously.

" You came right on time, Mr king was just talking about you and how much he likes you" Aiden looked torn, he was horrified about what I was saying.

He couldn't reject her as that would be insulting as she was his partner's daughter.

While Caitlyn on the other hand looked like she had just received her Hogwarts letter.

I mean I would have been that much ecstatic if I had received it.

"Seriously he didn't say anything about it"  She tried her hardest to compose herself.

Before Aiden could say anything I interjected, " Oh he thinks it might affect your professional relationship, but I told him otherwise " I was going to die with the look Aiden was giving me.

But did that stop me, hell nah this was too good.

I mean the guy looked beyond uncomfortable, he might just run out of the door to save himself.

I decided to drop another bomb, " In fact he was thinking about taking you as a date to his success party but was scared of asking you" This is the best thing I have ever done

"Really O Aiden I would love to I would never ever reject you" the girl was so into it she didn't even thought why would Aiden talk to me about his personal life.

" See Mr King I told you, there was nothing to worry about" I am pretty sure if we were alone now, Aiden would have killed me with his bare hands.

"Miss Warren could you please excuse us" Aiden was trying his best from exploding, the whole while Caitlyn was making googly eyes at him.

" Oh sure Mr king" I walk towards the door and turn back to see aiden glaring at me, I wink at him and run out of his office.

Once I am at a good distance I laugh out while supporting myself on the railing.
He is going to have a hard time explaining himself to her.

Oh that was gold, well now I need a date and dress

Let's begin the hunt... ugh I hate shopping.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So Aiden played dirty with Mia...

But she also got her chance to play....

Next episode will be the party along with some or much sexual tension....

Make sure to comment and vote...

Happy Reading....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101K 3.3K 22
" vicious. " I whisper, he smirks and looks at me , " hello princess , long time no see." as he says that he gets out of his seat and walks towards...
15.6K 474 24
A normal girl with a beautiful heart who never know what love is caught the eyes of a cruel mafia king... His single glance can make the world tremb...
40.7K 2.4K 39
𝙑𝙞𝙫𝙖𝙖𝙣 𝙞𝙨 𝙖 𝙧𝙞𝙘𝙝 𝘾𝙀𝙊 𝙤𝙛 𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙥𝙖𝙣𝙮. 𝘼𝙞𝙨𝙝𝙖 𝙞𝙨 𝙖𝙣 𝙤𝙧𝙥𝙝𝙖𝙣 𝙢𝙞𝙙𝙙𝙡𝙚 𝙘𝙡𝙖𝙨𝙨 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡. 𝙑𝙞𝙫𝙖𝙖𝙣 𝙞...
3.9M 120K 34
Mia has lived a life of abuse from her father and ex. She runs away, leaving her old life behind and creating a new one. What happens when she meets...