Artemis

By KaylaWoods289

"Let them go, Dante." I whip my head to see a small boy standing the clearing with blonde hair and a green c... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Epilogue
New Book

Chapter 40

10.7K 486 17
By KaylaWoods289

The following few days fly by in the Kingdom of Tesalee. Artemis begins taking private lessons with Queen Analee which usually resulted in just time spent chattering. The queen was delighted to learn of Artemis and all her extraordinary abilities throughout their times together. She would tell her husband of all the tales of the young enchantress. 

The king was amused by his wife's excitement while he was struggling with his son. Caspian had a one track mind currently and it had nothing to do with his duties. The king hopes that once they are wed that he will be able to focus more properly on his own teachings. 

Artemis felt they she has created a home within these walls. The people she has met and interacted with are nothing but gracious towards her. The stories of her bravery showing her love for the royal family. King Casden has granted special access for her to travel in and out of the kingdom when ever she pleases. She has not yet left since arriving back with the mad king however was grateful for his accommodations. 

Navene has slipped easily into the roll of friend and guard to Princess Cassandra. They never seem to be apart which also means that Tesara has gained a new protected. She had no problems with this, she was more than pleased to have another person to play with. 

Goliath has remained glued to Queen Analee since his arrival back to the kingdom. Analee had grown very fond of her companion and would always make sure to let him be aware how much she cared for him. Vatalanie has since given the young couple some space and has been with the king. He was surprised at first to constantly have a wolf by his side. After the first few hours though, he too has become attached to the pack that now resides within the castle. 

Caspian's eagerness to wed Lady Artemis has driven the kingdom to perform a miracle. The royal couple pressing for a wedding in a weeks time. Everyone was happy to help with the wedding between the feast and the decorations coming together quickly. Caspian has spent most of the time with Lady Artemis learning of all her abilities while she learns of his childhood. 

"Lady Artemis?"

Artemis looks up from the mirror in her room. She has returned herself to her original silver dress and was picturing what to wear in a two days. The queen stood at the door looking amused at the young beauty, already able to read her thoughts. She graciously walks into the room while a maid follows behind laying something onto the bed. 

"What troubles you my dear?"

Artemis looks down while attempting to find the appropriate wording. She does not wish to offend the queen. Analee stands their patiently before stepping forward to take the young maiden's hands into her own. Artemis looking into her eyes. 

"My queen, I am unsure what I am to wear for the wedding. I do not wish to embarrass Caspian or you."

It is in moments like this that Analee smiles adoringly at her soon to be daughter in law. She has been nothing but humble and gracious since their first meeting. She tugs Artemis' hands leading he towards the bed. Artemis follows confused until she looks down. Her eyes going wide and her jaw slacks. 

Laying on top of the bed is a dress unlike any other. Her hand reaches down to run over the material feeling the silk on her fingertips. The queen stands their proud of the dress and happy of the reaction Artemis is presenting. She giggles softly under her breath at her expression.

"I found this material ages ago however never knew what exactly to make with it... It was to refine for my taste and would have been a waste on my husband." 

She shutters slightly picturing her husband in the material. Artemis looks up to the queen with glossy eyes. Words not expressing how much she loves the dress. It is a multicolor silk that is form fitting til reaching the hip then it straightens out. Their is stitching done on the bodice of the dress that looks familiar. Her fingers tracing over it. 

"It has our family crescent." 

Artemis hand stops while turning to the queen who is looking down at the dress. 

"It is not the typical dress... But" She pauses turning her attention to the beauty. "You, my dear, are Not the typical bride... Far from it." 

Artemis can't stop herself from hugging the queen surprising her. She freezes momentarily before hugging the enchantress while Artemis tries to control her emotions. Analee pulls back just enough to cup her cheeks in her palms. The silver irises swirling with a multitude of emotions. 

"You were and always will be a warrior Artemis." She pauses making Artemis' heart skip. "And to me that is your strongest ability. Your gifts are extraordinary but they are not what defines you." 

Artemis giggle sobs letting the queen's words fill her thoughts. Never has she ever felt so proud to be whom she is. Queen Analee leans forward to kiss her forehead. Artemis closes her eyes allowing her excess tears to roll down her cheeks. The love rolling off the queen is overwhelming. 

"ARTEMIS!"

The door burst open making both heads snap to it. A very out of breath prince standing there until his eyes land on Artemis. He begins striding to her before the queen steps in pushing him back. 

"Oh no you don't. We are having a moment-"

"Mom, she was upset." He says gesturing to her. It is then he sees her tear stained cheeks. "Love, why are crying?"

Artemis giggles wiping away at her tears before stepping away from the bed. The queen still standing in front of her son. 

"Caspian, I am well. I apologizes for worrying you."

The queen pushes her son to the exit as he attempts to form a sentence. 

"Mom, wait, STOP!" 

He holds on to the edge of door frame now attempting to not get shoved the final time. Artemis steps up behind the queen placing her hand on her shoulder. The queen glances to her seeing her pleading eyes. Analee sighs before moving out of the way. Artemis steps forward to hug him. Caspian releasing the breath he wasn't aware he was holding. His head instantly going to the curve of her neck. 

The queen walks over to the bed sitting down next to the dress while watching over the young couple. Caspian has been very reluctant to allow Artemis breathing room ever since the incident with King Vispan. She can understand and respect that. She, herself, was very worried for the young beauty but the entire incident marked her son deeply. 

Caspian pulled back to look over Artemis. His fingers going into her hair to brush away from her face. Artemis' eyes filled with love and pure happiness. Caspian's gaze never straying from his beloved. 

"What happened?"

His words gentle not wanting to upset her again. 

Your mother made me very emotional... in a good manner. She is incredible...

At this Caspian sighs and smiles glancing to his mother who is sitting upon the bed already looking to him. 

Yes, she is..

Artemis hugs him once more allowing his comfort to soothe her emotional state. He doesn't hesitate embracing her as it too relaxes him. He kisses her temple before glancing at his mom to see her shooing him. He nods releasing Artemis before pecking her lips. 

Call me if you need me love...

With that he leaves the room allowing Artemis to shut the door walking back over to the queen. The amused glint of the queen's eyes not wavering. Artemis looks to the dress yet agian believing it is perfect. 

"Thank you your majesty..."

The queen snorts very unladylike raising an eyebrow at the young beauty. 

"No more of that, you will call me Analee or mom." 

Artemis fears her voice would waiver  so she just nods her head. The queen smiles before standing up taking the dress in her hand. Leading Artemis off to try the dress. 

After leaving the room, Caspian runs back to his father who was in the middle of the meeting with the leaders of the guard when he ran out. Arriving back to the private chambers of his father, he is met with the door opening as the leaders are exiting. He groans knowing this will not end well. He walks in timidly while his father is clearing off papers from his desk. He stands waiting until his father gestures for him to take a seat. 

"Is she alright?"

Casden sits down knowing this will take some time. His fingers interlocking in front of him while looking to his son. Caspian nods his head while answering. 

"Yes father, mother made her emotions spike. My apologies for leaving abruptly." 

The king sighs leaning forward onto his desk. 

"Son, what was it you felt that trigger you to run out of a meeting?"

"I-I can't describe it.. I just felt pain in my chest. I thought she was in trouble." 

"Did you feel fear, anger, or sadness?"

"Well no, but-"

"THERE IS NO BUTS CASPIAN!" 

Caspian jumps at his father's tone. He looks down feeling like a kid getting scolded. No words are exchanged for a few minutes. Only the king's deep breathing can be heard in the small chamber. Caspian finally finds the courage to speak keeping his voice calm.

"I sincerely apologize for actions..." Casden looks up to his son's collected demeanor. "I will attempt to learn more control over them. However, I will not apologize for securing my queen's safety." 

"A ruler has to look out for his people first Caspian." 

Caspian stands up graciously still looking his father into his eyes. His posture resembling that of a true leader. 

"That is true but a true ruler will lead best with the strength of his equal at his side." 

With that, he leaves his father's chambers. His father smiling softly realizing he has been listening during his teaches. A soft chuckle resonating throughout the chamber. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

654K 16.2K 80
"Alexa, Where is your brother?" Anthony asked. Oh no. That was the voice that he would take when he was starting to get angry. "Why are you looking...
1K 302 26
She looks...there are no words. Her clothe-less body lays stiff on a metal slab, and her head moving back and forth. I could stare at this all day, b...
1.8K 24 13
I started to step back slowly. " please I am sorry , I didn't mean to invade in your privacy " I scared of his reaction the way he staring in to my s...
928 47 24
I shifted uncomfortably in my seat as he stared across the table at me. I could seriously drown in his eyes. He was intoxicatingly attractive and he...