spellbound [taekook] ✓

By -bangtanbbys

In a universe where elves and magic exist, Jeon Jeongguk is so desperately trying to train the newfound princ... More

zero: spellbound
one: good day
two: elvador
three: lies
four: a familiar lullaby
five: rekindled friendship
six: prince's first mission
seven: first love
eight: secrets
nine: by your side
ten: unleashing the power
eleven: all the kinds of love
twelve: trust
thirteen: the truth
fourteen: a royal confession
fifteen: sweet talk
sixteen: a love story
seventeen: late night snack
eighteen: coronation
nineteen: a future with you
twenty: crystal ball
twenty-one: right by your side
twenty-two: threat
twenty-three: compromise
twenty-five: hugs and kisses
twenty-six: their world
twenty-seven: i need you
twenty-eight: stay alive
twenty-nine: love and war
thirty: desire
thirty-one: earth
thirty-two: snow
thirty-three: reminisce
thirty-four: forever connected

twenty-four: cold

7.2K 664 370
By -bangtanbbys

Taehyung and Jeongguk were still piling through books on top of books to find something that'll help them, jotting down anything that looked useful. It was in the middle of it all that Jeongguk asked.

"Can I see your orb?"

Taehyung was suprised. He'd been deliberately not checking because he knew the change in colour somehow related to the curse.

"Uh, yeah, sure," Taehyung replied. He took in a deep breath as he pressed his hands together. Jeongguk gave him an assuring look as Taehyung formed his orb. Jeongguk bit down hard on his lip, looking at what he was hoping no to see.

The orb was partially white and partially black. It was a very even mix. It was either pure black or pure white, except for where they met they'd see a little bit a grey.

"What do you think will happen when it's completely black?" Taehyung asked the question they both didn't want to think about.

"Nothing," Jeongguk asserted but truthfully, he didn't know. Taehyung had an idea though.

"Hm, yeah. Probably," Taehyung replied, not wanting to bring up unnecessary talk. He couldn't stop looking at his orb though, wondering if it was just a representation of all the good in him slowly being eaten away.

"Hey." Jeongguk cupped Taehyung's cheek and got him to let the orb go away. "Let's take a break, hmm?"

"Are you tired? You could go to bed, I'll wrap this up," Taehyung started but Jeongguk shook his head. He leaned in and pressed a small kiss to the corner of the older's lips.

"Oh, a break?" Taehyung said, his lips slightly curving up. A distraction was nice once in a while.

"Mhm," Jeongguk hummed, stepping closer so that there was barely any distance between them.

"Well, then. Proceed," Taehyung said, placing his hands on the elf's waist. Jeongguk smiled and connected their lips together. He put his other hand on the back of Taehyung's head, grabbing a fistful of his hair to deepen the kiss.

It started slowly at first but it very quickly turned into more. Taehyung pushed him back towards the table, not caring about the books that toppled over. Jeongguk in return pushed him back to the little reading couch and made him fall on top.

"Isn't this how you tried to seduce me on Earth?" Taehyung teased pulling away.

"We promised to never speak of that again," Jeongguk said with a chuckle, attaching his lips to Taehyung's jaw.

"I really thought I was going to get some that night," Taehyung said, tilting his head to let Jeongguk access his neck. Jeongguk pressed a few kisses on his neck before hovering his lips against Taehyung's ear.

"Who says you can't get some tonight?" Jeongguk whispered and nipped the edge of Taehyung's ear.

Taehyung gasped, wondering if he was talking to the same elf he had a fully blown argument with just hours ago, but that's just what Taehyung loved about him.

•—•—•

Jeongguk woke up feeling cold. He gathered more of the blanket and covered his exposed chest. His other arm searched for the familiar body but he was just met with an empty bed. His eyes shot open and he sat up, not caring if the blanket fell down revealing is bare chest to cool air again. A sigh of relief passed his lips as he saw Taehyung drying his hair, already clothed.

"Tae?" Jeongguk called out, his voice hoarse.

Taehyung turned around, but Jeongguk didn't find the soft smile he'd usually see. His face was stiff and the corners of his lips were curved down. He approached him and took a seat on the bed. Taehyung sighed, raked a hand through the younger's hair and placed a kiss on his forehead.

"Good morning," Taehyung said, nothing about it sounding "good".

"Why's it so cold?" Jeongguk asked, looking at the shut window then back at Taehyung. Of course Jeongguk could feel cold, but he had a good amount of tolerance. He's always been the last to feel cold in the room.

"Is it?" Taehyung asked. He lifted the blanket back up and covered him well. "Probably because you aren't wearing your clothes."

"Is everything alright?" Jeongguk asked worried. After hearing no reply, he hesitantly asked, "Did I do something wrong last night?"

"Oh no, Gguk. Last night was amazing. You were amazing," Taehyung whispered, finally offering a smile and putting Jeongguk at ease, but he still wasn't completely satisfied.

"Why'd you get out first?" Jeongguk asked, his voice becoming less gravelly and more soft.

"Why, you wanted to go for another round?" Taehyung joked tilting his head. Jeongguk would've been glad to hear him back to normal if it weren't for the obviously forced smirk.

"You wish," Jeongguk decided to play along. Whatever was on Taehyung's mind, he'll share it when he's ready. Until then, Jeongguk doesn't want to stress him out more. Maybe what he needed right now was to just forget about it and Jeongguk had a pretty good idea what it could be anyways.

"Hey, you wanna go see the village kids today?" Jeongguk asked, knowing it'll surely cheer him up even if it might be hard to go out, Jeongguk will find a way.

"If they aren't afraid of me," Taehyung muttered, adding a dry laugh at the end that did no help.

"Tae..." Jeongguk didn't know what to tell him. He could lie and say they wouldn't be but he doesn't know that. He could make him feel better for now but when he goes out there, he doesn't want to give him false hope that everything will be alright.

"And I'm pretty sure the council members will want to see me. There's a guard outside waiting to escort me to the meeting room," Taehyung said, getting up from his seat. "I better go."

"Do you want me to walk with you to the door?" Jeongguk offered but Taehyung shook his head.

"I'll be alright. Thank you," Taehyung said. He made way for the door but Jeonggguk stopped him.

"Wait," he called out and the older turned around.

"Hmm?"

"A good luck kiss," Jeongguk said. Taehyung smiled. A genuine one. He walked back to the elf and leaned down. They connected their lips for just a moment and Jeongguk almost gasped at how oddly warm Taehyung's lips felt on his, like boiling water, but he didn't say anything once he pulled away.

"I'll be right back," Taehyung said and ruffled the younger's hair. Jeongguk nodded and Taehyung made way back to the door.

"I love you," Jeongguk quickly said right before he could open it. It's not like they've never used thse words before. It's just not often they use it just alone like that.

With his back faced to the elf, Taehyung replied, "I love you more."

Something wasn't right. Obviously. Although it didn't feel like it was just the council that was creating all this tension. There was something else running through Taehyung mind and Jeongguk was determined to figure out what.

Taehyung walked through the door and everyone greeted him with a bow. His aunt and Prince Jin were already perched in their own thrones. Taehyung licked his lips before taking his seat in the middle of them. Namjoon stood by his side while the council members were lined up in front of him.

"Let's start, shall we? Beginning with the shield. What is its current state?" Taehyung inquired, making sure to project his voice as loud and clearly as he could.

"Not well, your highness. I'm afraid the shield will only last a little less than two months," one of the elf's said. "The magic is weakening and the golden flower has... has started the early stages of wilting."

Taehyung did his best to remain calm. "It has not been a 1000 years since its bloom. How?" he questioned.

"We believe it is due to the shield. As they are both directly connected, if the shield is destroyed, the flower dies. Zorock has been working hard to bring it down, infusing his dark magic with the shield. It has fought back and lasted this long, but I'm not sure how much longer."

"Are you certain it's due to Zorock's magic?"

"That is what we hypothesize."

Taehyung couldn't tell if the elf was lying or not. She could be to make sure Taehyung doesn't get anywhere near the flower with his magic. Then again, if she's not, it really wouldn't be safe for Taehyung to try and restore it.

"Do we have enough soldiers?" Taehyung asked and he got the gasps he was expecting and wanting.

"You're highness, you can't possibly be thinking of a war," one of them started.

"Well what other choice do you say we have? I'm sure none of you want me to even look at the flower. Even though I'm the only one who has magic strong enough for that. Tell me, what do you suggest?"

"A sacrifice," council member, Fang, said.

"Sacrifice?" Taehyung repeated with a raised brow.

"Yes, your highness. The spell could be cast by anyone. We only believed you had the strength to live through it."

Taehyung scoffed. "Lord Fang, are you suggesting we make an elf sacrifice their life because their King, the King that promised to keep them safe, can not?"

"Well if our King is untrustworthy, what can we do?" Fang said, his head hung low as if he meant to show respect but Taehyung could still see the sly smile.

Taehyung was about to have a say at him when his aunt interfered. "That's enough," Linda said. Taehyung looked away, knowing if he kept his eyes on Fang for another second he would've bursted.

Linda continued. "Even if we do get a volunteer, that does not guarantee the spell will work. Only King Taehyung has magic strong enough for it. If you would like to equate him, we'd need at least fifty to seventy elves."

"If that's what it takes," another council member said.

"No, we are not risking this when there's a way to do it without anyone getting hurt. I'm doing this. Wether you are behind me or not," Taehyung joined and heard Namjoon take in a deep breath.

Taehyung looked at Namjoon, hoping it carry through as an apology for making decision without him again but he only saw one side of his face. He did notice how his lips were ever so slightly quirked upwards though.

"We have all unanimously voted against this method of restoration," the council lead stepped up and said, getting agreeing nods from the rest.

"I overrule," Taehyung said simply with a straightface, not even letting the elf come to a full stop and shutting everyone up. He's done his research, the council can't do shit to him. Sure his reputation will be tarnished but Taehyung couldn't care less. He knew he was doing the right thing and that's all he needed.

Namjoon leaned down and whispered into his ear, "I hope you have a plan in the case where you fail."

Taehyung nodded, understanding what Namjoon was getting at. "Inform all other seven kingdoms. I want soldiers ready on the battle line for that day. I give everyone 30 days to recruit volunteers and train them. Saphia will only take conscription into consideration on the 15th day depending on the situation. Lastly, in this situation where the shield breaks down, I lead the battle. Dark magic can only be destroyed by dark magic."

"We have had this battle before and nearly lost."

"Well you didn't have me. Plus, the shield is restored now but how much longer are we going to live in the fear of him? If it does end up coming to that, I promise to get rid of Zorock once and for all."

Taehyung noticed how Namjoon tensed at the last sentence. He didn't want to say it either but Jeongguk is right. Zorock will never change. He'll only keep invoking terror to his peopl. Since the day Taehyung accepted the crown and his responsibilities as King, his people will always come first.

"That will be all for today." Taehyung stood up. With their jaws clenched, the council members bowed as Taehyung cut the meeting short and left, leaving Linda and Jin to talk out other more minor issues. He knows he should've stayed, but he felt this rush of energy in his hands like when he hit the vase. The last thing he needed to be added to his list of disqualification was that he couldn't control his power.

Two guards escorted him back to his study and Namjoon followed along. As soon as the doors were shut and it was just Namjoon and him, Taehyung asked him the one thing he could think of that could possibly help them all in this situation.

"I want the forbidden spell books," he ordered.

"You know very well we cannot get that," Namjoon replied.

"Namjoon, it's the only way. Elvador, the goddamn world, is in the line," Taehyung pleaded.

Namjoon sighed. "I'll see what I can do."

•—•—•

Taehyung heard two light knocks at his study door. Without bothering to ask or check who it might be, Taehyung let the doors open and in walked in a fuming Jeongguk.

"You want to lead a war?" Jeongguk shouted, stopping in front a desk. "Taehyung, have you ever seen what a war is like?"

Taehyung took in a deep breath and set down his pen, pushing aside the letter he was writing to the Fionesta King. He looked at Jeongguk and slowly nodded. "Yeah, grade 9 and 10 history."

"Taehyung be serious. You can't lead a war. I trust our general."

"I trust him too, but it's only if the flower can't be restored. And why not? The only reason our defence couldn't defeat those shadow creatures was because it was dark magic. I'm the most qualified elf here. And as King, I shouldn't hide behind my people. I should fight along with them, no? Isn't that what a good king does, Jeongguk? Isn't that what you wanted me to be."

Jeongguk shook his head. "You cannot twist my words like that. You know where I'm coming from, don't you? I am not going to lose you like I lost my father. I don't care. I do not want you at the front line."

"Now you're being selfish, Jeongguk," Taehyung said and he knew should have chosen his words better. He knew what Jeongguk lost but Taehyung only had so much patience.

Jeongguk stood there speechless for a moment. "Fine. Right, you're right. I am being selfish, aren't I? I should think of the people. Our people. Well, your majesty, that is why I will be volunteering to be recruited."

"No you're not," Taehyung said, getting up from his seat.

"Why not, hmm? I've had just as much training as our current soldiers. My father was the general. I'll even go through the training again. I'm just as qualified, Taehyung."

"This is petty and you know that."

Jeongguk let out a humourless laugh. "No, Taehyung. I'm trying to help our people. You're being selfish," he said, using his own words against him. He didn't let Taehyung say another as he turned back and opened the door with the flick of a hand.

"Jeongguk, stop," Taehyung said but Jeongguk only ignored him. "I said stop!" He repeated, but this time he shut to doors closed just before Jeongguk was about to leave, causing a loud bang and a rush of air blew through Jeongguk's face. The room started to feel cold again.

Jeongguk's heavy breaths filled the room as he slowly turned around. Taehyung saw something new in Jeongguk's eyes that day. Fear. He saw fear in the bravest elf he knew and it was because of him.

"You don't get to decide anything for me when I clearly don't matter to you," Jeongguk said bitterly after calming his breath.

"Of course you matter. God, Gguk, don't you know how fucking much you mean to me?" Taehyung said, stepping away from his desk to go towards Jeongguk but he saw how the younger stepped back and hit the door.

"Yeah well you'd listen to me if I meant so much."

"I have to do this," Taehyung attempted to say more softly.

Jeongguk began blinking rapidly and clenched his fists tightly. Taehyung knew it was because the elf was trying to hold back tears. Jeongguk gulped. "Those are the exact words my father told me. Those were the last words he said to me. Then– Then I lost him. He was gone."

Taehyung tried to take another step but Jeongguk put his hand up. "Don't," the younger said. "I know I can't change your mind about this but I can't either. If you're about to put yourself out there, then so am I."

"You don't have to keep an eye on me. I know what I'm doing," Taehyung insisted but Jeongguk shook his head.

"That's not going to help from not worrying or from going insane while you're out there on the battlefield against an elf I've been waiting to get my own revenge on. So there, there's something in it for me too," Jeongguk said.

"Jeongguk–"

"I said I'll be by your side and I fucking meant it. Now deal with it," Jeongguk said finally before using all his power to get the doors to open and Taehyung didn't try to do anything this time.

He slumped back down in his chair and buried his head in his hands, wondering how they managed to get into yet another fight in less than a day. The only different factor about this was that Taehyung didn't think they would be coming to a compromise so easily.

Taehyung also couldn't get out the image of Jeongguk shivering body and widened eyes.

—•
I don't know if i'll be writing any smut for this fic, im sorry guys !

Bye<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

197K 16.2K 43
"I'm not an interesting person." "Then why am I interested?" 📸🎶📸🎶📸🎶📸🎶📸🎶📸🎶📸🎶 A BTS au in which Kim Taehyung is a superstitious wedding p...
7K 514 10
Once upon a time....a fairytale came true.
8.2K 940 19
where ceo Jeongguk, a man against the idea of soulmates finds himself in an arranged marriage with his soulmate; Kim Taehyung, a reckless criminal. ...
310K 14.7K 30
taehyung falls for the boy he's supposed to protect ✰ ✰ ✰ bottom!yoongi top!taehyung