Suayeon's room

By suayeonsroom

A short story collection of Sua and Siyeon blooming romance over the years, from their first kiss onwards. Cu... More

1. Words You Say
2. A Touch Of Light
3. In A Blink
5. Dear Laugh Song

4. The Scent of My Soul

2.1K 84 14
By suayeonsroom

Sua inserted her rented key into the keyhole. In a matter of seconds, the woman pressed the door handle, letting herself enter the room plunged into darkness. She reached for the multiple light switches on her left. One by one, morsels of the fifteen square meters' workspace illuminated. The room wasn't really large but it was longer than expected. Mirrors were covering an entire section of the wall on her right. The parquet floor had clearly been sanded and varnished not long ago. The 25-year-old smiled in relief. This renovated dance studio was perfect. In fact, it was even better than the practice room usually assigned to her by the management company.

The brown-haired girl scanned the different walls with her eyes, in search of a stereo system. She needed to input the song she was going to choreograph on the digital device. Once she found it, the woman put her belongings next to a stack of chairs in the upper left corner of the room. Sua put her black cap away and tied her hair into a low ponytail. Her shoes quickly followed. The pair of white sneakers ended under the pile of seats after she took them off. Today, she was composing barefoot.

With the remote control, the petite woman adjusted some parameters and set the title track going. As soon as the music started, her gaze changed radically. She had instantly entered a high level of concentration. Sua sat in the middle of the room, facing the mirror, her eyes closed. She was trying to feel the rhythm resonating inside her; on the lookout for any response her body had to give, in echo to the beat. The woman had already prepared a dance routine in her head. She had built a grand set of body gestures that she was willing to mix together to expend further her range of possibilities. The brown-haired girl wanted to impress the audience. The technical aspect of her dance, as always, was carried out diligently. The woman was a professional, each step incorporated into the performance was precise, intense. Nonetheless, as she crafted the coordination of all the elements together, the lack of emotions emanating from the terpsichorean piece bothered her. Coming to the studio to adjust the choreography rather than just working on her own at home appeared to Sua like a very charming alternative to the otherwise grueling work. She needed a place on her own to just sink in her sensations.

The 25-year-old played the song a second time, concentrating on the loudest rhythmic units flashing the very minimal instrumental melody, here and there. The brown-haired woman was going to showcase all of her strength in each of these fleeting seconds. She was holding enough power in her belly; she could feel it now. She just had to indulge in her wild side during the execution.

Then came the fallout; halfway to the song, a part so closely identical to a regular ending, drown in sorry and muttered pain. Silence.

Sike.

Sua immediately kicked the air. This! This was the signal Sua was waiting for to do something even more corporeal, even more extraordinary. The entire room filled itself with sardonic energy. You had approximately two seconds to realize that her sorrow was a farce, that the character embodied by Sua had no empathetic regrets at all. And, there she was, as the music amplified, carrying on the loud performance. The 25-year-old felt her body spasm. The notes were calling for an escalation of power in movements. She made her torso roll in the air, arms opened as if she was going to receive someone to embrace. Back on her feet, the posture ensuring she looked superior was ready to shatter all competitors. She had perfectly traced up a sliding motion with her right index finger. The sudden chaos in her style while still holding on the precision was not to be translated as the dancer understanding that she had become a prisoner of subjugating passions, but rather as Sua being untamable. Kim Sua was unapologetically being herself throughout this choreography.

At first, she remembered that Siyeon was singing the song often when they were at home. Then one day, the brown-haired girl found herself listening to it on streaming platforms without even wanting to. There was something about this particular song that was calling for her. She could sense it. Almost as if a secret message had been hidden in the song; a message for her to decipher. After some time, she realized the depths of its lyrics and it moved her. The song was not so much about people trying to copy your every move as you could have assumed on the surface. That record was an eye-opener for every individual discontented by themselves. The track was about you, left with no choice but being yourself because that was the only person you could ever be. That song was a reminder to all the insecure people out there that they should be themselves because it would bring out their best; they would excel at being their own selves. No one else could ever be as great, no one else could replace them at being themselves. We are the truest version of ourselves that exists, as we live and breathe. Realizing what it meant made a tremendous effect on Sua. Shortly after, she started to embrace her daring confidence more, along with her will to astonish people, to gain recognition from them by using her art to communicate.

Sua had always wondered how to picture herself metaphorically. Looking through the lengthy mirrors as she danced, the 25-year-old found the closest realistic depiction of herself in the image of a very intense and uncontrolled fire. It was all aligning exceptionally well, almost as if she was stating the obvious.

"Did I just discover the scent of my soul?" The woman asked herself, unsure of having enough philosophical materials to answer.

The song started over for the third time. The 25-year-old slowly surrendered her body and mind to the music. It was a good way to begin maneuvering. Just like in a relationship, taking time to unfold desire was crucial. The brown-haired girl knew she had to convey sensuality in her sequence of steps, and push the carnality forward as the main component of her image. That was simply who she was.

She prepared herself sitting down, her left hand facing the mirrors, palm on the floor, her right hand loosely rested in between her thighs, the right leg arched a little higher than her left limb. The woman sang along the lyrics, watching closely her reflection in the looking glass, and monitoring prudently the lustful expression she was giving away. Her right hand secretly settled down to the right side, achieving a perfect symmetry with her left arm. In an instant, the sound of a stroke was heard; Sua had synchronized her upper chest frontward movement to it. It looked as if a heartbeat had taken a hold of her entire body. She counted in her head. On the fourth repetition of that sound, she slowly stood up, walking forward.

I don't belong to anyone but everybody knows my name.

Here it came, the first sequence of the song going wild and loud. Sua suddenly curved down in half, her hands forming a cross before her torso, legs spread wide opened and knees bent too. She promptly went back to her initial stance, still in tune. Her head turned to the right side, synchronizing with the spreading of her arms from the center of her body to each side. The woman's right hand came back to touch her skin in between the clavicles and extended with force in front of her, palm facing her attractive visage, before reaching back to the collar bones. Along with the new instrumental addition to the song, her right hand continued its ascension towards the opposite side of her head. Her face was slightly leaning over to the left while Sua's right arm was covering the edge of her head. As the rhythm accelerated, she frantically gripped her hair in order to drag her head to the right. Straight away, the same right upper limb followed along with the lengthening of the last word she sung by releasing her hair and imitating a push to the opposite side, at shoulder height, palm facing the exterior in a perfect ninety degrees. Sua let herself fall into the ground, all fingers sustaining her slim figure ready to rise again. She pushed on her wrists with all her might, the legs bending towards the exterior. The 25-year-old felt her body rising on its own. And indeed, her mirror image showed that it did. First, her legs stood for themselves. Closely, the abdomen uncurled at a slow pace. A heavy pant slipped through her red lips to punctuate the melody. It instantly gave the song a very intimate dimension. Her shoulder not yet visible appeared soon after. Lastly, Sua straightened up her head, eyes landing on her reflection. So far she loved the dance steps she had created for herself; her smirk sold her out.

"Wow!"

Sua jumped with surprise. She was supposed to be alone in the room. The woman instantaneously caught the foreign presence in the eyes of the mirror. Siyeon was sitting on the sole of her feet, the arms crossed on the top of her knees, next to their belongings. Her eyes were still shining and shimmering from having been able to contemplate her girlfriend excelling in her art of predilection. Sua's stern face crumbled down, revealing a gentle smile towards her interlocutor.

"너는 그것을 좋아하니?" Sua enquired while approaching her girlfriend, walking on all fours.
tr: do you like it?

"Like it?" Siyeon repeated while chuckling. "You're an accomplished artist, Sua. You are not only the most beautiful person on this planet, but you keep exceeding your limits every time you come back with a new project. Your Copycat cover won't be just any other choreography, 김수아-씨, it is going to be an experience! God knows what I've just felt shaking in my core!"
tr: Kim Sua-ssi

Siyeon forgot the next thought she was going to share out loud. She got lost in Sua's lurking eyes dangerously entering her personal space. Sua had the attitude of a feline. It showed in the way she was moving her slender figure; in the way she was staring intensely at Siyeon. The brown-haired girl attained Siyeon's eye level. Her fingers wandered around Siyeon's body, beginning their journey on her calves and ending the expedition on the black-haired girl's shoulders. The oldest took her girlfriend's jaw in her hands.

"Thank you." Sua whispered.

The woman locked her lips onto the 24-year-old's mouth. Siyeon surrendered to her girlfriend's touch, gradually decontracting her muscles. She reached for Sua's neck, giving her multiple kisses before the lobe. She was ready to welcome her in her arms at any moment. Her hands caressed the bare skin hidden by the half-opened white shirt that her senior was wearing.

"잠깐만요 ... 저거 내 셔츠 야?" Siyeon asked, still diving into Sua's mouth.
tr: hold on... Is that my shirt?

The young woman pictured herself melting under the warmth that was rising from her stomach. She had no more strength to fight against her lingering thoughts. Her left hand set the 25-year-old's hair free from the working ponytail by making her hairband slide away. The red elastic fell on the floor. Siyeon's craving for Sua's skin became irrepressible. She unbuttoned another part of the identified shirt, releasing a left shoulder from the darkness. Just when she thought she had secured Sua's hips between her long fingers, the brown-haired girl stormed out of her reach. Siyeon hadn't had time to lean for more. She felt Sua's lips detaching from hers, already rushing back to the sound of music repeating. The young woman's eyes opened unhurriedly at the sudden loss. Watching her carried away by the sound of music, Siyeon had the bizarre impression that the melody was attracting Sua's body to the opposite side of the room without her consent. The last caress she got from the petite woman was her left hand tenderly brushing her skin from down her breasts all the way up to her chin, making Siyeon follow along with desire as she raised her head upwards to moan. The oldest breathed noisily as a response.

'cause all you say

Sua executed perfectly a backward roll, landing on all upper parts of her feet and palms. The moment she lifted her face, her intense stare stumbled upon Siyeon's admiration. The dancer was back in character. She smirked while spinning her head towards the love of her life. The brown-haired woman matched the rhythm of the song so well that Siyeon started to wonder if she hadn't fantasized about their encounter a few minutes ago.

The 25-year-old executed a horizontal rotary movement, still on all fours. Her navel was now facing the ceiling. With her right arm, she mimicked someone reaching for the lighting up above, whereas all her weight was relying on the left arm and the two legs on the ground. To Siyeon, it looked like a bridge with three limbs instead of four. Until, along with the heavier beat, the left arm standing straight collapsed halfway, to the level of the elbow.

Siyeon immediately ran to Sua before realizing it was part of the choreography.

are all the same things I did.

Her senior turned herself upside down again before standing back up.

"괜찮아?!" Siyeon cried out, seriously preoccupied.
tr: you alright?!

"Yes of course! haha."

"너무 섹시한데!" The younger woman pointed out to her girlfriend, playfully tapping her butt.
tr: you're too sexy!

Sua burst into laughter. Her eyebrows waved twice. She was entering a flirtatious mood.

"I sure am." She replied with a husky voice.

Her arms locked up around Siyeon's nape. The tallest gave her another kiss, on the nose this time.

"You sure are on fire!"

"자기야, if I am fire, you're my igniter." Sua immediately replied.
tr: honey

Siyeon couldn't keep a straight face for too long. Her mask broke as she observed Sua widening her smile. She was proud of her catchphrase. The black-haired girl laughed. She hid her face into her girlfriend's neckline, breathing in her perfume, before suddenly lifting Sua up. The young woman felt two limbs firmly cementing themselves around her pelvis. The music on the background faded to the sound of them shouting. She made them spin round and round until the dizziness came separating their bodies. Both collapsed on the ground. As usual, Sua was resting the back of her head on Siyeon's chest.

"Hey, Sua..."

"Hmm?"

"I hope I ignited the hell out of you! ㅋㅋㅋ "
tr: hahaha

"Yaaaaa!"

⸙⸙⸙

Hi beautiful people, this is tumblr handle @suayeonsroom!
I hope you liked the fourth short story of this collection.
Sua is now 25 and Siyeon 24. It's been 5 years they are together!
Please don't hesitate to give me feedback on my writing by voting and/or commenting below, on the SuA and the Siyeon of this story. If you are a shipper of Suayeon like me, don't hesitate to go see my edits of them on my tumblr.

Stan talent, Stan Dreamcatcher always. ♥

- P A R K S O O G I

⸙⸙⸙

Korean vocabulary for you:

너는 그것을 좋아하니? 'neo-neun geugeos-eul joh-ahani?' meaning "Do you like it?".
김수아씨 'Kim SuA-ssi' meaning "Miss Kim Sua".
잠깐만요 ... 저거 내 셔츠 야? 'jamkkanmanyo... jeogeo nae syeoncheu ya?' meaning "Hold on... Is that my shirt?".
괜찮아?! 'gwaenchanh-a?!' meaning "You alright?!".
너무 섹시한데! 'neomu segsi(sexy)hande!' meaning "You're too sexy!".
자기야 'jagiya' meaning "honey".
ㅋㅋㅋ 'kkk' meaning "hahaha"; the sound of laughter in Korean.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16K 461 19
I knew that once I put this hoodie on, there's no turning back. I was determined to end those who brought Hell to Min Yong.
58.2K 2.7K 65
Who says a woman can't become a spy? The members whom are known as DREAMCATCHER will be undercover as the bodyguards of a rich family, but that is no...
1.1M 49.6K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
5.4K 130 11
yan. scaramouche x reader you are the Goddess. A creator of teyvat and inteyvat also known as Khaenri'ah you had watched him grew up, you guys were...