°Sweet Dreams° (1)✔️

By Fay_Belle5

ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ ~ ɴᴏᴜɴ. An unrealistic or self-deluding fantasy. Example: Humans being satisfied on happiness alone. *... More

Prologue
1. Full on Nude.
2. Hit Me Like a Truck.
3. Don't Be Such A Nuissance.
4. Coffee and Wine.
5. Scene One.
6. Take Me In Your Embrace.
7. We'll See.
8. War Berry.
9. Leave me Leaves.
10. Sorry? That's Not The Game.
11. Water The Flowers.
12. I Can't Breathe.
13. Bathrooms and Booze.
14. Breaking Down Walls.
16. The Moral of The Story, Babe.
17. The Bet.
18. Desolate.
19. Fight For Me.
20. Trust The Way You Feel.
21. Liar, Liar, Feet on Fire.
22. Strike A Pose.
23. Guardian Angel.
24. Rather Not Live.
25. The Odd Butterfly.
26. What Makes Me A Fool.
27. I Wanna Help.
28. Heart.
29. Uncomfortable Occurrence.
30. Confession, Confess.
31. Choices.
32. Sweet Memories.
33. Big Girl Now.
34. Red Rain.
Epilogue
Author's Note

15. Sercets and Milkshakes.

245 22 102
By Fay_Belle5

I was counting down the days for the Italy trip. My tongue had been between my clenched teeth for the past two months since Vincent told me his big secret.

And I couldn't tell Nova shit.

We were no longer partners working towards the same goal. I was working for the enemy and she would lose it if she found out.

*The night of the frat party*

"One more thing. You're coming to Italy with with me."

That's what I wanted. He already knew that I wanted to kill him and it was obvious why.

"Why do you need me there?"

However, I didn't want him to know that I wanted to go with him. Just because he knew I could've killed him today that doesn't kill my motives.

I'm not a killer. I'm not a killer.

I'm just settling the score. Yeah.

"My family knows about my trials and they want to see if I was successful. 'They' being my father," he stood to his feet and looked down at me.

I was his success. I could heal expeditiously and I couldn't even process it.

"You're not scared that I'm gonna try to kill you again?"

I stood up so he didn't tower over me but he took the chance to take my chin between his thumb and index finger.

"After what you pulled tonight, I'm going to make sure whenever you try to take my life that you will...pay for your sins," his breath fanned my lips and my cheeks felt warm thanks to nerves.

"Over there is a door. Behind it is your friend. You will tell her nothing of our future affairs if you want her to stay out of harm's way."

"Is that a threat?" I spat without thinking. That was a mistake that I was about to pay for when he picked the knife up from the floor in a flash and had me pinned to the wall. The cool blade touched my neck and make me close my eyes.

"Let me see those beautiful eyes. Pretty, pretty please."

In fear of what he was going to do next, I opened them slowly to see that his eyes weren't glossy anymore. They were the dark shade they had been when he injected me with the serum and when he gutted me.

"I've told you this once before, and I will tell you again. I never break my promises, princess."

His cold lips meet my forehead and gave it the kiss that he gave to Claire when he threatened her. The kiss of no tomorrow.

"Go and get your friend. I can't recall how long it takes for a human heart to freeze."

I wiggled from his grasp and ran over to the door he nodded to. I frantically through it open and saw Nova on her knees with her arms around her trying to keep warm. Her once bronze skin was now almost a blueish gray and I didn't wait another second to drag her out of the empty freezer. She was a ghost.

"Nova, I've got you." I rubbed my hands up and down her arms trying to generate heat on her icy skin. I'd almost forgot that I was in my sports bra since Vincent took my hoodie off.

Nova's lips were cracked and her eyes were rimmed in red. She tried to speak but her words were coming out squeaky and all I could hear her say was my name.

That sick bastard.

I glared hatefully at Vincent who slowly backed out the room but not before mouthing something that rings in my ears every minute of every day.

"I don't break my promises."

*Present day*

All that Nova could remember was being knocked unconscious by a man with no face and being shoved into a freezer.

After a warm shower, I was able to convince her that the ones who attacked her were frat boys that were dared to kidnap the first girl they saw on campus. Though I couldn't explain why they would put her in a freezer.

She swore that she was going to find them. And I was worried because I knew she would.

But for now, she wasn't hurt. She was just pissed and experiencing frostbite.

The one thing she did know was that Vincent wanted me in Italy with him and she was so happy that she rented our favorite spy movie that night. I took the moment and tucked it in my brain as a rare cherished memory since we hadn't sat down and relaxed since we were kids.

Especially since she was my rival. Our paths often clashed at school on the playground. I was in awe of the little pink bow that was forever nestled in her chocolate hair. She was a fish that I loved to look at.

With her friends and wealth it seemed like she had it all. But I will never forget that when playtime was over she looked into the black car with disappointment because her father was again staying late at work. I wanted nothing more than to snatch that bow from her waves and run with it around the lot so annoyance, or any other emotion, replaced the sadness that overcame her face.

I felt reassured when she tugged my hand in hers as she excitedly watched the spies on the screen roll behind a truck. As long as a frown never touched her lips again I could breathe.

Because if she wasn't okay, then I most definitely was not either.

***

Filming for the movie was going well. They'd made a lot of progress and made Ray a very happy and ecstatic producer. So much so that he gave everyone the day off—except for the writers who were the hardest workers on set and the ones who hated Ray the most.

Henry had asked me to come to this ice cream place with him. I was close to declining but Kiana was quick to invite herself and added that I wouldn't mind going.

I hadn't seen either Vincent or Claire today. For Vincent I was glad but for Claire I was worried.

Now we sat in a booth in Valley Scoopers. It was pretty cold considering that it was an ice cream place, but it was a cute shop all the while. It was quiet and only had a few older couples sipping on milkshakes.

The walls were yellow and pink and gave a cozy feeling to the Antarctic place. I was shocked to feel something being put over my shoulders.

"I'm fine." I tried giving the jacket back to Henry but he kept the warm green hoodie on me. I let it stay and welcomed the warmth it brought and the minty smell it gave.

But it wasn't like the strong aura that came off Vincent. The spicy scent should've disgusted me, but it was compelling. So compelling that I could throw up.

"Here you are."

The waitress sat our frozen treats in front of us and Kiana's eyes showed true child wonder as they gazed upon her cookie dough ice cream.

The woman slid over my peanut butter ice cream and Henry's vanilla milkshake which we were quick to indulge in.

"So, Henry, are you excited for your trip?" Kiana spoke up trying not to eat her ice cream too quickly.

"Why wouldn't I be? I get to visit home and see my family. I want to make sure I do my part and give back to those who need it most."

Henry was a nice guy. He wasn't selfish and didn't mind showing people that he cared. I thought he was just a flirt but he was flying across the world to help others.

So why was he best friends with a monster?

"Hey, you alright?"

Henry made me blink back into reality with a soft nudge to my shoulder.

"Yeah. Actually no, I just remembered that I forgot to make sure that your car was ready in Italy."

"Don't worry about it. I've noticed that something had been stressing you out these past months so right now I just want you to enjoy your ice cream." He smiled.

He had a great and pretty smile. But it wasn't infectious like Vincent's.

I turned my head from him and shoved a spoonful of my dessert into my mouth trying to shake any inappropriate thoughts of Vincent from my head. Ever since that night I haven't been able to stop thinking about him. Which was disturbing.

Nova noticed that something was bothering me but never asked which I was surprised about. She always tried to invade my space.

Like she was summoned, the clanking of high heels made their way to our booth. Nova wore a white tank top with a beige mini skirt. A matching beige sweater wasn't on her shoulders and it hung loosely at her forearms.

"I see something tasty." Nova slid in next to Kiana who's cheeks were crimson. Nova dipped her finger into Kiana's dessert and put it in her mouth.

"Delicious." She looked at Kiana and gave her a quick peck before turning her attention back to us.

"Nova, I thought you had work," I interrogated.

"She finally started answering my calls and I invited her," Kiana said casually. "I thought this would be a good time for all of us to bond."

"Bond?"

Nova and I said it at the same time which made a smile tug on both Kiana and Henry's lips.

"Of course. We're all going to be spending a lot of time together this year and I figured it would be great to get to know each other. Or do you think it's a stupid idea. It's stupid-"

"No," Nova cut her off and lifted Kiana's hand up to her nude colored lips. "It's an amazing idea."

I furrowed my brows in confusion as to what was happening in front on me. Nova and Kiana seemed to get extremely close over the past months and that worried me.

Nova was considered a player. I've known her for almost my whole life and I know her strategy. Reel them in, bone, and then leave them high and dry. She told me one time that she didn't have room for feelings considering all of the hate she had bottled up for Vincent.

I just didn't want to see Kiana hurt in Nova's game.

Nova took her eyes off Kiana when she saw me staring and cleared her throat.

"Where's Vincent?"

"Probably off working." Henry shrugged his shoulders and sipped the last of his milkshake.

"He does something else other than acting?" Nova pressed on.

What was she trying to do?

"Yeah." He looked at the three of us who were invested in his answer. "You guys don't know what else he does for a living?"

We all shook our heads even though two people at the table knew too well of what Vincent did. There's a possibility that Henry knew too. He was his best friend after all.

"He would kill me if I told you this, but he's a pharmacologist."

Is that his nice way of saying that he was a drug dealer?

"A pharmacologist? Does he have his own company?"

Nova was pushing an invisible wall. She's making it clear that she wanted to get this mission done as soon as possible. While I'm in Italy with Vincent, she's going to metaphorically burn his company to the ground.

"Yeah, his building is the most expensive looking one downtown by the lake. Why you wanna know?"

Nova shrugged her shoulders and a smirk lifted the corners of her lips.

"Mari and I are about to start our senior year. I'm getting my Bachelor of Science degree in chemistry and I'd love to see his work methods. I'm not sure how long I'll be working at the nail shop so I'm planning for the future."

She was serious. Nova did have aspirations outside of being a part-time assassin and nail tech.

I hadn't had time to think about what I wanted to do after our job was done. I was majoring in theater but I wasn't sure what I wanted anymore.

I enjoy having a job to do. I enjoy escaping reality and playing a part.

Would Nova and I grow apart since we barely had anything in common? She could barely stand me so why would she stay when we're not on the same page.

Right now I'm lost and I would kill to have a moment to talk to my mom.

I dragged my buzzing phone out of my pocket and frowned when I saw the caller ID.

"I'll be just a minute."

Henry got up so I could slide out of the booth. I accepted the call and held the phone up to my ear as I walked to the bathroom.

Thankfully when swung open the door the restroom was empty.

"What do you want now?"

"Don't use that tone with me I'm not in the fucking mood. I need you to come to me. Now."

"I'm actually doing something-"

The line went dead and I let out a frustrated huff at his actions. He didn't sound like himself.

Shoving my phone in my back pocket, I went back out to the booth and saw the three laughing.

"Sorry but I've gotta bail," I intervened.

"Aw, why?" Kiana whined.

"Vincent needs me at his house," I dragged my skateboard from under the table with my foot.

"I'll take you," Nova said quickly and dropped her hand from Kiana's. The frown in her face was apparent to me but Nova didn't notice.

"No, stay. I'll be fine."

"No, I'm coming with you," she said and gave me a knowing look.

"I can take you," Henry spoke up which made us both look at him.

If Nova came with me she would try to speak to Vincent who was not very fond of her. Henry doesn't have motives against Vincent so it was better him than her.

"Yes, that'd be great," I said quick and pulled Henry up before looking at the glare Nova was giving me.

After Henry paid the bill for our desserts, we ran in the rain to get to his car and the ride was filled with a comfortable silence that I was okay with.

We were soon parked in front of Vincent's mansion gates.

"Can I ask you something?" Henry turned to me with a curious look on his face.

"Sure."

He looked hesitant.

"Are you hooking up with Vincent?"

I brows knitted together in bewilderment.

"Never that," I said.

"Then why are you going to his house?"

Lie.

"He liked the way I booked everything for your Italy trip and he claimed that his assistant was useless."

"Oh," he looked unconvinced.

"Thanks for the ride," I peeped through the silence that was now uncomfortable and opened my door to get out.

"Anytime."

I grabbed my skateboard from the floor.

"And Amari?"

"Yeah?"

"Stay out of his way. I love him like a brother, but he destroys everything."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

395K 27.4K 33
What happens when you grow up wearing clothes that are too small or way too big, or wear hand me down clothes passed on from family, get teased by yo...
240K 6.8K 40
~They say all good boys go to heaven, but bad boys bring heaven to you~ "Whose gonna suspect the little nerd in the back, no one can even think of y...
272K 10.8K 21
"I walked over to where Aaron was sitting on the ground, kneeling so that I was face-to-face with him. He was wearing a blank expression on his face...
75.9K 1.2K 39
"You can't avoid me forever Lara" I chuckled "I'm ignoring you, you idiot" "Is it?" he slowly came towards me and pressed my body with his. Now I'm c...