Rabbit Princess [Gaara] [1]

By SlytherinScum

Throughout her short life, Otsutsuki Tsukiko had been mostly kept away from others, or others had mostly kept... More

☾ 1: Prologue ☽
☾ Information ☽
☾ 2 ☽
☾ 3 ☽
☾ 4 ☽
☾ 5 ☽
☾ 6 ☽
☾ 7 ☽
☾ 8 ☽
☾ 9 ☽
☾ 10 ☽
☾ 11 ☽
☾ 12 ☽
☾ 13 ☽
☾ 14 ☽
☾ 15 ☽
☾ 16 ☽
☾ 17 ☽
☾ 18 ☽
☾ 19 ☽
☾ 20 ☽
☾ 21 ☽
☾ 22 ☽
☾ 23 ☽
☾ 24 ☽
☾ 25 ☽
☾ 26 ☽
☾ 27 ☽
☾ 28 ☽
☾ 29 ☽
☾ 30 ☽
☾ 31 ☽
☾ 32 ☽
☾ 33 ☽
☾ 34 ☽
☾ 35 ☽
☾ 36 ☽
☾ 37 ☽
☾ 38 ☽
☾ 39 ☽
☾ 40 ☽
☾ 41 ☽
☾ 42 ☽
☾ 43 ☽
☾ 44 ☽
☾ 45 ☽
☾ 46 ☽
☾ 47 ☽
☾ 48 ☽
☾ 49 ☽
☾ 50 ☽
☾ 51 ☽
☾ 52 ☽
☾ Land of Snow - 1 ☽
☾ Land of Snow - 2 ☽
☾ Land of Snow - 3 ☽
☾ 53 ☽
☾ 55 ☽
☾ 56 ☽
☾ 57 ☽
☾ 58 ☽
☾ 59 ☽
☾ 60 ☽
☾ 61 ☽
☾ Stone of Gelel - 1 ☽
☾ Stone of Gelel - 2 ☽
☾ Stone of Gelel - 3 ☽
☾ Stone of Gelel - 4 ☽
☾ Stone of Gelel - 5 ☽
☾ 62 ☽
☾ 63 ☽
☾ NOTE ☽

☾ 54 ☽

3.4K 167 48
By SlytherinScum

Tsukiko rubbed her eyes as she sat up, trying to make sense of where she was: her bedroom. She pushed herself into a sitting position and let her open hair hang behind her as she rested herself on the palms of her hands. Tsukiko blinked a few times before she dropped back onto the ground, the Water Style Scroll she had been studying cushioning her head.

The night had been the one before the Full Moon, so Tsukiko certainly felt a bit of pain in her body last night when she overused her Chakra levels whilst practising her Wood Style Jutsus the best she could in the confines of her room. She couldn't destroy the apartment by creating a whole forest in there. She had also gone a bit excessive with her Water Style capability whilst she went to shower.

Not to mention, Tsunade had gone into the operation theatre with Rock Lee yesterday, and Tsukiko had to sit nearby, ready to provide fresh pieces of bone to the female Hokage so she could use it in the operation.

Grumbling, Tsukiko got up and pulled her shirt off, dragging on her usual clothing for the day. She knew that as a Chunin, she should put forward a good image. Maybe she should not have gone crazy with the practising the night before such an important day. But she was also sure that she wouldn't be getting any major mission today.

"What should we have for breakfast?" Tsukiko muttered to herself as she took two slices of bread and put them into the toaster and looked through the cabinets for the pan to cook herself an egg to go with it.

It was so early in the morning that Tsukiko was sure she could cook a good breakfast to replenish her health to a good degree.

Suddenly, her doorbell rang and Tsukiko smacked her head into the cabinet as she jumped up in surprise. Tsukiko let out a loud groan and dragged herself to the front door. Stopping short, she used her Byakugan to make sure it was someone she knew but using the Dojutsu with such low levels of Chakra hurt her.

"Izumo-San...?" Tsukiko asked, opening the front door as she deactivated her Byakugan and unlocked the front door. Izumo looked rather stressed. "What's wrong? Is everything all right, Usa?" Izumo smiled weakly.

"The Fifth Hokage has asked for you at the office," Izumo told her. Tsukiko furrowed her eyebrows. "It would be better if you come immediately, it is a very urgent call, of course..." Tsukiko nodded immediately.

"I'm coming, Usa," Tsukiko replied as she hurried grabbed her twin tail binds and rushed after him out of the house, slamming the door shut behind her, forgetting her toast as they popped out. Tsukiko quickly pulled her hair into her twin tails as she reached the Hokage's Office. "Shikamaru?"

"You were called early in the morning, too?" Shikamaru questioned as the two of them entered Tsunade's office, who looked rather stern.

Tsukiko knew that there was nothing that would come out well from this.

"Uchiha Sasuke apparently slipped out of the village late last night," Tsunade told the two of them immediately. Tsukiko gasped and Shikamaru's eyes widened. "And... there is almost no mistake that he is headed for Otogakure,"

"Slipped out?" Shikamaru repeated. "Why?!" Tsukiko grabbed her forehead, knowing that there could only be one reason why he did that –

"Because he was enticed by that Orochimaru!" Tsunade responded. Shikamaru glanced at Tsukiko, who seemed to be struggling to stay on her feet at the news.

"W-W-Wait a minute!" Shikamaru said. "Why does Sasuke have to be enticed by a risky guy like that?!" Tsukiko looked at Tsunade, knowing that Kakashi and Jiraiya must've told her everything.

"The reason doesn't matter," Tsunade replied. "In any case, there's no time. You two will perform your first mission as Chunins," Tsukiko and Shikamaru shared a look.

"So, all we have to do is bring Sasuke back?" Shikamaru questioned. Tsukiko looked back at Tsunade, wondering if Orochimaru sent his lackeys again this time.

"Yes..." Tsunade replied. "However, not only is time of the essence on this mission, but it may turn into something quite difficult. There is a strong possibility that those under the control of Orochimaru are guiding Sasuke,"

"It's not a strong possibility," Tsukiko muttered. "I'm sure that Orochimaru has sent his men out to get Sasuke. There is no way he could've been coerced otherwise," Shikamaru glanced at her once more. Her eyes were stern.

"In that case, please give us a four-man team composed only of Jonin and Chunin," Shikamaru said. Tsukiko nodded. She was sure her Chakra levels were low but she wanted nothing more but to get Sasuke back.

"I'm afraid I can't do that..." Tsunade said, shocking both Tsukiko and Shikamaru. "You both already know the answer to that... Right now, only the barest minimum number of Jonin have been left behind and the others have all left the village on mission.

"Within the next thirty minutes, I want you two to gather all the Genin you consider the best, and leave this village!" Tsunade ordered. Tsukiko pursed her lips but motioned Shikamaru to hurry along with her.

The male stopped at the door.

"It's troublesome but... I know the guy, so I just can't let the matter go," Shikamaru said, glancing at Tsukiko once more. "What shall be, shall be..."

"There's one guy I want to recommend," Tsunade spoke up, and Tsukiko already knew whose name was coming out, and she nodded immediately.

"What?!" Naruto screamed into Tsukiko and Shikamaru's faces as soon as they had finished informing him about what had happened overnight. "You've got to be kidding me!" Tsukiko and Shikamaru both recoiled back from the blond.

"You are so troublesome starting so early in the morning..." Shikamaru complained as he checked his ear. Tsukiko sighed, looking around impatiently. She wanted to set out after Sasuke immediately. She couldn't have him out there alone.

"Hey, just wait here!" Naruto shouted as he rushed back into his house, dropping his pyjama hat on the way. "I'll change my clothes immediately!" Tsukiko threw his hat inside after him and waited for him to get done with changing.

The sun was rising higher and higher by the time Naruto got changed and he, Tsukiko and Shikamaru quickly set off down the street at the next person that they, Tsukiko and Shikamaru, had agreed upon: Akimichi Chouji.

"So, do you two have your eyes on any other guys besides me who are excellent?" Naruto asked as he followed after them unknowingly to Choji's house. Tsukiko had never been there but Shikamaru led the way for them.

"Yeah," Shikamaru replied. They reached the house and the Chunin male quickly knocked on the door to alert the inhabitants. "Wake up, hey!" Naruto looked around and realised where they had arrived.

"You said excellent guys, right..." Naruto muttered. Tsukiko looked around but there was no sign of Choji coming to the door. She turned to look at Shikamaru.

"Can't be helped..." Shikamaru said as he turned around and sat down onto the ground, pulling out a bag of potato chips. "They're barbecued meat flavour... You two help out too!"

Tsukiko, Naruto and Shikamaru hurriedly began to eat through the potato chips, with it being their breakfast pretty much, until the last potato chip was left in the bag. Shikamaru pulled it out and held it on the palm of his hand. Tsukiko looked up in shock when Choji suddenly appeared out of the house and snatched the potato chip.

"Even if it is just potato chips, I won't let anybody else have the last piece, no matter who you are!" Choji announced, causing both Tsukiko and Naruto to sweat-drop at him and his declaration.

"Choji and I have worked as a team for a long time so coordinating with him is easiest for me," Shikamaru told the two Team 7 members.

"I understand that, but in this kind of situation, one would normally solicit Shino first!" Naruto said. Tsukiko looked over when she saw a demonic puppy speeding down toward them, jumping toward the potato chip.

"Fat chance!" Choji shouted and ate the potato chip before the puppy could get close enough. The puppy fell over and Tsukiko saw that it was Akamaru, and along with him was Kiba.

"Shino is on a special mission with his father," Kiba said. Naruto looked at Tsukiko and Shikamaru.

"Don't tell me he is..." Naruto trailed off.

"Right, he's in," Tsukiko replied. She wasn't that fond of Kiba's boisterous personality but if she can deal with Naruto, she can deal with that guy as well. They'll be very useful in tracking. "They are our best chance, next to Shino,"

"No way!" Naruto screamed. Akamaru barked cutely.

They waited for Choji to get ready quickly and then the six of them set off down the road, explaining everything to Choji, Kiba and Akamaru about what had happened and what they were supposed to do for their mission.

"I see," Kiba said. "Sounds interesting... It looks like it was worth getting up early and going for a walk, doesn't it?" He looked over at Tsukiko as she looked around. "We get to go on a mission with her!"

"Tsukiko-Chan, Shikamaru, what about the other guys?" Naruto asked, still a bit whiny but slowly sobering up. Tsukiko glanced at Shikamaru, letting the older male make the call.

"I'd like to take my time to look for some, but we're pressed for time," Shikamaru replied. "If we don't find anybody else by the time that we leave the village, it will just be us,"

"Look, it's Lee and Neji!" Tsukiko said, noticing the two boys off in the park. They seemed to have noticed them, too, and came down the stairs to them.

Tsukiko quickly explained to them what was happening and asked them if they wanted to come along.

"It's bothersome, but the more people the better," Shikamaru added. Neji looked at Lee, who was hanging from his shoulders. He had just gone through his operation yesterday.

"Lee!" Neji said. "Do what you need to do,"

And to the surprise of them all, Lee began to walk away from there with the help of his crutches.

"I'll climb these steps alone starting tomorrow!" Lee declared. He turned around and smiled at them. "I'll be fine! You go!" Tsukiko looked at Neji, who nodded at his teammate.

"We're at our time limit," Shikamaru said as he, Tsukiko, Naruto, Choji, Kiba, Akamaru and Neji all gathered at the Konohagakure gates. "Well, we've assembled six people..." Tsukiko looked at everyone and was pretty satisfied with them. If Shino had been here, it would've been better.

"All right!" Naruto shouted. "Everybody, follow me!" Tsukiko sweat-dropped as all of them stared at the back of head silently. She glanced at Shikamaru, who sighed.

"Hey, Naruto," Shikamaru said. "I'm supposed to be the squad leader, though it sure is troublesome," He looked at Tsukiko, who shrugged. It was better to leave a good strategist as the leader.

"You really think everything will be okay if things are left in your hands?" Naruto asked, turning around to look at him. "You don't seem very reliable..."

"What's up with you acting like the boss, Naruto?" Kiba said. "Although being ordered about by some unmotivated guy like Shikamaru doesn't sit right with me either..."

"But Shikamaru is already a Chunin!" Choji said. "We have to follow his orders. What that means is that the elders of the village recognised him as capable of being a leader,"

"Choji's right," Tsukiko agreed. "Although both of us became a Chunin together, Shikamaru is far better at planning a strategy for us to look for Sasuke, especially since there might very well be Orochimaru's subordinates involved,"

"Since that's the case, come up with some strategy and plan," Neji said, looking Shikamaru. "If it's true, the enemy may attempt ambushing us,"

"For a start, as this a rescue operation, we will be in the position of pursuit," Shikamaru said. "In other words, the enemy can easily gain the initiative. Therefore, I will decide on a deployment formation that will respond quickly to any assault by the enemy. If you ignore me and move of your own accord, we will all die. We will go in a single file formation. First of all, the all-important spearhead will be...

"Kiba, that's you! You and Akamaru go on walks year-round and are therefore well-versed in the terrain and geography of the Land of Fire. And since your nose is very sensitive, you can track Sasuke with your sense of smell, and you can distinguish booby traps that carry the enemy's scent which makes them easy to find... And moreover, you and Akamaru as a pair will be extremely efficient in compensating for the weakness of a single file formation to assault.

"And second in line will be me, the squad leader. I can give orders as required in any situation from my position directly behind Kiba, and can give orders to those behind me using only hand signals.

"And in number three position is Naruto. The middle position is the best for you, since you're capable of executing quick moves and are able to respond immediately to anything in front or behind. You're the cornerstone, and you have the Shadow Clone, too.

"And forth in line is Choji. You don't have speed, but your ability to strike is the best among the squad members. Line leaders Kiba, Naruto and I will launch a surprise attack, and I'll use you to launch the deciding blow. In other words, your role is to attack the routed enemy.

"The fifth in line will be Tsukiko. You're excellent at incapacitating the enemy with your Crystal Style. Once Choji has attacked the routed enemy, you can easily compromise them. You are also the fastest and a good jumper, so in case we need a surprise attack in the front, you can easily jump forward and attack them. Plus, you've got both Sharingan and Byakugan.

"And then, on the tail end, will be you, Neji. You are assigned to the most difficult position of rear lookout. You will use your Byakugan to constantly check that there are no loopholes in the ranks," Shikamaru looked at them all and they all nodded in agreement immediately, satisfied with what he had decided.

"Got it? Take a careful look at this," Shikamaru said as he crouched down and drew on his scroll. "Use this diagram to verify the radius of your assigned watch. Kiba watches the front, I'm responsible for a wide forward view, Naruto watches left, Choji right, Tsukiko above and below, and Neji, using your Byakugan, you cover the entire area to the rear.

"I want to familiarise myself with our current military potential. Let me check all the Ninja equipment each of you currently have... I will commit that to memory straight away. Any questions?" They shook their heads no. "If not, I want to tell you the most important thing last:

"Sasuke and I are not close friends. In fact, I don't particularly like him. However, he is also a Shinobi belonging to Konohagakure. He is a comrade. Therefore, I will put my life on the line to help him. That's the way of Konoha. In this case, even I can't just sit back and be a sluggard. Because I am responsible for your lives,"

"Wow, you're acting kind of like a Chunin, aren't you?" Kiba said.

Tsukiko only grinned at Shikamaru, who pushed her face away again, causing her to roll her eyes.

"Okay then, as soon as he's checked out Ninja tools, we'll depart," Neji said. "Everybody, take out your Ninja tools," Tsukiko took off her pouch and held it open for Shikamaru to have a look at what she had.

Her pouch was filled with Kunai, Senbon and Shuriken, a few scrolls, a bottle or two of poisons, several origami bombs and bomb seals, a tanto, a Fuma Shuriken, a Kusarigama, and then there was her Ayatori string and her necklace (which everyone gave her a weird look at). Shikamaru counted everything as he went through their stuff.

"All right! Let's go!" Shikamaru announced finally. Tsukiko nodded as she looked outside the gates, wondering how far away Sasuke had gone. She felt bad now, that she didn't talk to them properly.

"Wait!" Sakura's voice shouted and they all turned around to look at her, including Lee who had come by to see them off. Tsukiko stared at her, wondering what she wanted to say.

"Tsukiko and I heard the whole story from Hokage-Sama," Shikamaru spoke up when Tsukiko didn't. "I'm sorry, but I can't take you along on this mission. Even you weren't able to convince, Sasuke, right? All that can be done now is for us to use force to convince him... Sakura, your role in this has ended,"

"Which mean, Sakura, that you and Sasuke met –?!" Naruto cut himself off when Sakura began to cry. Tsukiko pursed her lips, feeling bad, as she stared at the pink-haired girl.

"Naruto... Tsukiko... This is a... once in a lifetime request..." Sakura choked out. "Sasuke-Kun... Please bring Sasuke-Kun back! I couldn't do it! I wasn't able to stop Sasuke-Kun! At this point, the only people who would be able to stop Sasuke-Kun... who will be able to save him... Naruto, Tsukiko... are you..."

Tsukiko continued to stare at the crying female, wondering what exactly was going through her head to be so open about this matter – Sakura usually didn't like Tsukiko and Sasuke being paired up, but she seemed to trust Tsukiko a bit too much on this. And Tsukiko did not want to disappoint her. Tsukiko glanced at Naruto, wondering what he was thinking.

Sometimes, she wished she could understand them more than she already did.

"You like Sasuke so much, don't you, Sakura-Chan?" Naruto spoke up finally. Tsukiko studied him, a little apprehensive. "I understand to my very core how painful it is must be for you right now, Sakura-Chan. I'll bring Sasuke back without a fail! I promise that on my life, dattebayo!" He gave her a thumbs-up.

"Don't worry, Sakura," Tsukiko muttered as she patted the pink-haired girl's shoulder. "Sasuke is our friend, too, and we will definitely bring him back. He's part of the Team 7, and we don't leave any one of us behind," Sakura smiled weakly at her.

"Hey, Naruto," Kiba said. "You really think you're going to be okay saying that kind of thing?" Naruto pointed at himself. Tsukikp patted Sakura's shoulder again.

"Sure!" Naruto replied. "I will not go back on my word!" Naruto declared. "That's my Nindo! All right! Let's hurry up and go!" Tsukiko looked at the sky to see the time.

"We've lost a bit of time..." Tsukiko said as she turned to face the boys. "Let's hurry out of here and get going with our mission. We've got an idiot to bring back home!"

Everyone nodded immediately and they set off.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

135K 3.7K 12
Sasuke has returned to Konoha of his own free will. Naruto thinks that they will be like the old days. Team 7 reunited. But Sasuke has not returned a...
559K 22.1K 40
Hibiki Tsukino was never one to make friends. She has run all her life and wondered why she stays alive. She came up with four reasons; four reasons...
1.8K 80 8
"Sasuke didn't want to leave, didn't ever want to leave. So, he didn't. So, she didn't, either." After the war is over and after his jail time, Sasuk...
353K 13.2K 32
(FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEAM EIGHT UNLEASHED) The Shinobi world is a harsh, unforgiving place. Akari Kita knows this. And yet, it's been her dream to beco...