Empress Wang Shu

By stepdad_glen

Wang Shu was a young boy who witnessed the traumatic death of his mother at the hands of a imperial guard, an... More

Chapter 1 The Trek
Chapter 2 The Change
Chapter 3 The Secret
Chapter 4 The Palace
Chapter 5 The Promotion
Chapter 6 The Talk
Chapter 7 The Consort
Chapter 8 The Potion
Chapter 9 The Emotions
Chapter 10 The Tea
Chapter 11 The Crime
Chapter 13 The Ride
Chapter 14 The Arrival
Chapter 15 The Audition
Chapter 16 The Guards
Chapter 17 The Trial
Chapter 18 The Empress
Chapter 19 The Records
Chapter 20 The Father
Chapter 21 The Trip
Chapter 22 The Last (Ending)

Chapter 12 The Shed

4.3K 184 6
By stepdad_glen

-6 Weeks Later-

It's been about six weeks since the incident with the empress. I'm still Hayoons lady in waiting because I really enjoy her company. And since I'm still not feeling too good I'm in luck because she can't do too many activities either.

Hayoon leaned back and smiled, "I can't wait for the baby. I want to go back home to give birth. Because my family will be so excited."

"That's a wonderful idea."

"But what about you?"

I looked confused, "What are you talking about?"

"Didn't you see the doctor like I asked you to?"

I shook my head, "There's no need. I'm not pregnant."

"Well have you missed your period?"

"My what? Oh! Um no, I still get it every month."

She hummed in thought, "I don't know you should still see the doctor, you might really be sick."

"Fine, I see the doctor right now."

"I'm coming with you, I don't trust you."

I chuckled, "You're silly."

She looped her arm with mine as we walk out of the palace, "I asked you a while back if you had laid with anyone, and you said yes. But our didn't say who it was."

My eyes went wide, I can't tell her I laid with her cousin. She might get mad. "Oh, it was just some guard. He doesn't work here anymore."

"Ah, I see. What are you going to do if you actually are pregnant?"

I hadn't actually thought about that. I mean, I'm not pregnant so I don't need to think about it. But it's just a scary thought. I took that potion because I wanted to be more like a woman. Not so I could have kids, especially not right now. "Oh, I don't know."

"Well we're here, do you want me to go in with you?"

I nodded, "Sure."

When we were inside the doctor smiled, "Hayoon, are you here for another check up."

She shook her head, "No, Wang Shu hasn't been feeling good. So I want you to see what's wrong."

"Ah, okay. Come sit over here Wang Shu."

I took a deep breath and did as he asked. Surely he won't be able to tell I'm a man, right?

The first thing he did was look at the color of my nails. "This looks fine"

Then my eyes, "These are good too."

"Well, what have your symptoms been?"

I hummed in thought, "Nausea and a bloated feeling."

"How long has this been going on?"

"A long while, seven or eight weeks now."

Next he put his fingers on my wrist and I knew what he was thinking. But I was not prepared for what he was about to say. "Wang Shu, you are with child."

I was practically speechless, "What?"

He nodded, "The babys heart beat is just as strong as Hayoons so you're probably twelve to thirteen weeks pregnant like she is."

I looked to Hayoon and she was smiling, "Isn't this exciting!"

"Y-yea, I'm so happy."

As we left I seen two people walking out of the palace. When we got closer I seen it was the emperor and Minjun.

The sight of them, especially Minjun made me feel like my stomach was turning inside out.

They both smiled as they seen Hayoon and I. Hayoon went and hugged her cousin before she excused herself to go back to her room. Which left me with the emperor and Minjun.

I started to get nervous when suddenly the emperor pulled me to his side and had his arm around me, "Ah, Wang Shu. How are you today?"

"I-I'm okay."

Minjun raised an eyebrow as he looked at me, "Are you sure. And what were you doing at the doctor's anyway?"

"I... it was nothing, I just wasn't feeling well, but the doctor said I'd be fine."

The look on Minjuns face screamed that he didn't believe me but he nodded, "If you say so, well, I'll leave you two alone. See you some other time Wang Shu."

I nodded back, "See you."

When he was gone the emperor smiled, "Wang Shu, can I tell you something?"

"Yes, of course."

"I love you."

My eyes went wide and I looked at him confused. "What?"

"I love you, Wang Shu."

I mean, I know he liked me, and I kind of like him too, but love me. I had no clue. I'm not even sure if I know what love is.

My words started to stutter "I- ah-" Suddenly everything started to get dizzy. And eventually my vision went black.

-Kang Xi POV-

"I love you, Wang Shu."

I didn't really expect an answer. At least not anything to big. But when I looked down at her. She was starting to wobble on her feet and soon she was falling.

Quickly I caught her, "Wang Shu, wake up."

But she didn't move a muscle. I looked around to make sure no one was around. When I was sure no one was watching I picked her up and carried her over to my palace.

I sighed as I laid her on my bed, was she really that shocked?

I pulled up a chair and decided to wait until she woke up.

I smiled as I looked down at her, she is so pretty. And I really do love her.

Suddenly my face was lowering closer to hers, but I jerked it back. I can't kiss her while she's unconscious, thats too sleezy.

But instead I brushed her hair from off her face and then took her hand to comfort her.

Maybe she fainted because she was sick, she did just come back from the doctor. I sighed to myself, if anything would happen to her. I don't know what I'd ever do.

I'm not good at displaying my feelings, but I would give up so much for her. I just wish she felt the same way for me. I understand her reservations, because I'm the emperor and I'm still married to the empress. But if I'm sure that our feelings are mutual I would work something out, anything just to be with her.

Soon I felt her hand start to move and her eyes fluttered open. "Wang Shu, are you feeling okay?"

"I... yea, what happened?"

"You fainted, so I brought you in here to rest."

She looked around confused, "Where am I?"

"We're in my room."

"I see, thank yo-" Suddenly her eyes went wide and she grabbed her stomach. "I've got to go."

"What's wrong? Are you okay?"

She quickly nodded as she was already heading out the door, "Yea... don't worry."

I looked confused as she left, that was weird. Like I know she's sick, but why didn't she stay and let me help her.

-Wang Shu POV-

As I ran out of the palace the first place I stopped was behind a nearby tree to throw up.

Damnit, I yelled at myself internally.

Now what the hell am I going to do? The emperor said he loves me and I'm pregnant with the king of Korea's baby. I slumped down and took slow deep breaths.

I have to hide out, somewhere inside the palace. Because if I leave I'll be seen.

I have to talk to Hayoon. I ran back to the palace of women and knocked on her door.

"Hayoon, it's me Wang Shu."

"Come on in."

When I went in, I sat down and sighed.

"I need to find somewhere to hide out during my pregnancy."

She nodded, "Okay, but why?"

"I don't want the people here knowing I'm going to have a baby."

"Well, let me think. What about the storage building?"

I looked confused, "What storage building?"

"The one behind the palace, no one ever goes there because they think it's cursed. But it's not, I would secretly hang around there to have some alone time."

"Okay, that sounds fine."

When it got dark I grabbed a small satchel and packed it with a few of my things. Hayoon also said she'd come by and check on me often.

I slipped out into the night and followed the directions she gave me.

For some reason the closer I got I started to feel nervous. It's not actually haunted right? I'm just paranoid.

But when I arrived I gasped, I now know why people say it's haunted.

The storage shed is the old warehouse where my mother, the other slaves and I were kept before they all died in the woods nearby.

The way to the woods has now been blocked off so I ran into the shed. It's looks almost the same as it did ten years ago.

I managed not to let any tears fall. It doesn't do any good to cry about something that's already happened.

So I grabbed my blanket and closed my eyes. This is where I must stay.

I thought it was slightly ironic. The place that took so many lives, is the same place I must grow another life.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.3K 2.4K 200
~ MDZS Alternate Universe ~ BL / yaoi 🔞 Lan Xichen, almost 28, is a lawyer, a talented one at that, who knows how to work hard, and also how to...
646K 29.7K 66
"Pretty boy, surrender that body to us!" "Not even in hell!" Bai Yuan shouted as he ran away from the thugs. Suddenly, a bright light flashed before...
48.2K 5.4K 47
Wei Wuxian was born as the only prince of the kingdom where only the Alphas could become the Emperor. And he was secretly born as an Omega. His mothe...
5K 180 40
Sect Leader Yi has been in isolation for years. The once blushing prince now sat behind closed doors with only his attendant and head disciple. On oc...