Living Affair

By Missnellywrites

Book Two of the Living Vicariously series. It's two years later since Montana and Kacey have been married. Tw... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
forty eight
forty nine
II/01
II/02
II/03
II/04
II/05
II/06
II/07
II/08
II/09
II/10
II/11
II/12
II/13
II/14
II/15
II/16
II/17

fifty

4.2K 247 41
By Missnellywrites

   Wren chuckles as she looks at him as if he was crazy. "Why would I let you give me a ride? You've known me for like ten minutes and you want to give me a ride home?"

"I'm just out here tryna do a good deed. I wouldn't want nothing to happen to you, it's creeps out this time of night." He continues driving slow to keep up with her.

She laughs turning her head to look at him, "Yeah you're right and that's exactly why I won't be letting you give me a ride."

"Give me one good reason why not?" He questions as she slows down her walking.

"I'm in a relationship and I'm sure he wouldn't appreciate me pulling up home, in another man's car."

"Well, I highly doubt that, sweetheart."

"Oh yeah? Why?" She chuckles continuing her walk, just as she stops near a bus stop. Montana pulls up to the side of the street, placing his car in drive as he got out the car. He walks over to her as she raises an eyebrow at him. She would have no problem using her mace or better yet...Tazer.

"Because no nigga is gone have his girlfriend walking home at midnight let alone by herself."He stuffs his hand in his pockets.

"Mhm." She nods her head taking her phone out of purse, "You have a point..."

"I appreciate yo help back there. Any other person would've let a nigga leave knowing damn well he had too many drinks." He thanked her.

"Yeah, well I'm not any other person, but you're welcome."

"You from out here?" He questioned.

"No, I am not." She looks up from her phone to him. "Why?"

"You have a lil accent. You from Los Angeles?"

"An accent? That's a first. And I am." She nodded.

"What part?"

"Slauson."She announced.

"You just move out to New York?"

"What are we playing, twenty questions?"

"Nah," He licks his lips, "Just asking a question."

"Oh, alright."

"So..... you gone take me up on my offer."

Just as he says that a car pulls up near the bus stop. They both look at the car as she looks at Montana before she walks towards the car.

Montana could tell it was an Uber or Lyft from the license plate. He watches as she opens the door to the backseat before she looks over towards him.

"...Maybe next time." She lets out a laugh showcasing her dimples as she gets inside the car.

Montana laughs to himself as he watches the car pull of as he gets back inside of his vehicle.

It didn't take him too long before he arrived back to the house. It was dark in the house as he walked to the lights that connected for the hallway. He took off the sweater he had been wearing tossing it on the sofa. He took a seat on the couch as he laid his head back on the sofa taking a deep breath.

"How you and Kacey been?"

"We straight now. Glad I got my girl back."

"Yeah cause I like Kacey she's a good one. Her birthday is soon what y'all doing?"

"I wanna throw some type of party and ima take her somewhere of her choice."

"You still thinking bout doing it over the right way?" She looked at me.

"No doubt. Cause I didn't think it would turn out this way and she ain't want this. So im tryna' do it."

"I better be invited too don't wanna miss out on that. My son all grown up and in love."

"Just gotta find the right one."

A smile was brought to his face as he thought about one of the conversations he had with his mother Joy. It was not a day that went by that he hadn't thought about his mom. Everyday he wished she was still alive, because he needed her in this very moment.

He sat up looking on the coffee table for the remote to the television, before he spotted an envelope. He picked the envelope up opening it as he pulled out some papers. He read over the papers realizing what they were.

Divorce Papers.

     Alyssa

    Stuck in the house from all the homework she had to do from her online classes, Alyssa managed to get through studying for an couple hours and spending time with Mia, who wanted the attention from her mom all day.

"I got your fingers." Alyssa tickles Mia as she grabs her hands pretending as if she was eating her little fingers.

"Noo." Mia falls back on the bed giggling.

"Alyssa, honey." Alyssa grandfather knocked on her door before opening it. Alyssa looked up from Mia to the door with a smile. "Yes, grandpa?"

"Your grandmother wants you to come to the supermarket with me. She claims I'll forgot majority of the things she needs."

"Oh um." She looks from him to Mia. "Yeah, sure, I'll come with you."

"Oh, don't worry about Mia. She wants you to leave her here, she wants to spend some time with her."

"Okay

"Alright, I'm gone be outside. Don't have me waiting all day now." Alyssa nods as he closes her door.

Staying with her grandparents had been going good so far for her and Mia. She announced to them about her pregnancy, and they were supportive of her just like last time. They were ready for more great grand babies. Alyssa didn't know why because Montana alone already had enough.

Mia was happy to see her great grandparents but the only thing is she started to notice that she hadn't seen her dad in a long long. Though she was only two, she was really smart for her age. She would cry for her daddy some days and Alyssa would try to calm her down.

She couldn't tell a two year old that is was a possibility her dad was dead. That's just not something you tell a little girl at that age, and she didn't think Mia would quite understand.

Alyssa decides to keep the clothing she already had on as she just grabbed her phone and her purse. She picked Mia up walking with her outside to the living room.

"Come here, my sweet baby."Joyce holds her arms out for Mia, as Alyssa places her down on her feet. A smile forms on her face as she watches Mia run over to Joyce. "I can't wait till the baby is born. What are you hoping for?"

"Uh, maybe another girl." Alyssa shrugs her shoulders, "It doesn't matter to me, really."

"Do you think the father wants another girl?" Joyce questions her granddaughter, as she places kisses all around Mia's face. Joyce doesn't hear an immediate response as she looks up at her granddaughter who was staring at the floor. "Lys?"

Alyssa looks up back at her grandmother, "I should get going before pop starts honking."

"Oh, alright." Joyce shrugs off her granddaughters change in body language.

Alyssa hurried out the house not wanting to keep her grandfather waiting too long. She got into the car and he waited till her door was closed until he pulled off.

"So, how do you like staying with your old pals?" George questioned as he kept his eyes on the rode.

"It's been pretty chill. And now I'll have someone to watch Mia sometimes." She chuckled, "I've missed you guys, so it's been pretty great."

"How's your father doing?"

"Uhh...to be honest, I haven't really spoken to him much since he left rehab."

"And how come?" He turns his head to look at her before looking back at the rode.

Alyssa didn't even know how to answer the question. She didn't even know why she hadn't talked to her dad as much as she should. Hopefully he was doing good and not drinking as much or at all. She would make note to talk to him later on.

"I don't even know myself pops..."

Arriving to Trader Joe's, George gave Alyssa the list to the things her grandmother needed. They decided she would go look for the items and he would look for some stuff he needed for the whole and they would meet back there in less than twenty five minutes.

Since everything on the list wasn't too hard to find for Alyssa she had majority of the items. She looked into the cart and looked at paper reading off the items making sure they all were there.

"Garlic powder and-" Her phone rung in her purse as she searched her purse for the phone. She pulled it out seeing it was an unknown number. She rolled her eyes declining the call, just as another one rolled in. Deciding to answer the call she placed it to her ear. She didn't say nothing as she waited for the other person to speak first.

Getting fed up with just hearing someone breathing she spoke up, "If you ain't gonna say anything you need to stop playing on my phone,seriously?"

"I know you had something to do with Tyrone's disappearance."

Alyssa scoffed as she realized the voice who belonged to My'lisa.

"I have no idea what you are talking about." She denied My'lisa's insinuation.

"You know exactly what I'm talking bout." Anger was laced in her voice. "He hasn't been home in months and the last person he was with was you! Alyssa I swear to god-"

"You're just like him. Delusional, I have nothing to do with why you haven't seen him. Maybe somebody finally got tired of his shit. You ever thought about that?"

"Oh baby trust me, I have. And you're the person I point my fingers too. I want you to hear me loud and clear...if I find out you had something to do with his disappearance. I won't even touch you. I'm gone touch someone you love the most."

"Oh, is that right? And who will that be."

"My niece." She revealed, "I will take her far away and you will never see her again. You trust my words."

Alyssa scoffed, "Go screw yourself, bitch." She hung up the phone shoving it into her purse.

Alyssa was not worried about My'lisa or any of her empty threats. She definitely had another thing coming if she thought she would get anywhere near Alyssa and her babies.

*****

    It was a Saturday and since Kacey had nothing planned she asked her two closest friends to come over to the house. She knew Montana was not going to be home for a while since he took the kids with him to pick up Maia, and he informed her he was taking them all to the movies. Of course she didn't have a problem with that, since she could use a break from the kids for a few hours.

That was one of the only times she and him exchanged words without having an argument, because since their last exchange in words it had been tension between the two. Everyday she confused on why he couldn't just forgive what she did almost three years ago. She apologized to him plenty of times but if he wasn't going to actually accept it she was just going to stop trying.

Of course she was still upset he still hadn't apologized for what he did to her eye, she forgave him. Good thing her blackened eye was slowly going away, and she was extremely happy about that.

"I really hope you bitches didn't just bring yourselves." Kacey chuckled as she opened her front door for Cassandra and Kori. Both the girls shook their head at Kacey, as she closed the door.

"Well, I brought white wine." Cassandra pulled a bottle of Pinot Grigio from the bag she held in her hand.

"I knew you was gone bring something that's why I didn't." Kori shrugged as she took her shoes off by the door.

"Yeah, I knew yo ass wasn't gone bring nothing." Kacey playfully rolled her eyes as they all walked to the couch. "Oh, shit, lemme go get some glasses." Kacey stood from the couch jogging to the kitchen. "Cassandra can you go get a blanket for us. It's in the hallway closet, the first one you see!"

"Alright." Cassandra sat the bottle of wine on the table as she got up following the directions Kacey gave her.

Kacey walked back to the living room handing her sister a wine glass. She waited for Cassandra to come back with the blanket before she handed her the glass.

Kacey was actually grateful she had two women like Cassandra and Kori in her life now. She knew if she had met Kori back when she was twenty one they wouldn't have had any contact from each other. She knew if she maybe met Cassandra she wouldn't talk to her due to only wanting Tweety as her only friend since she was the only one who's never turned their back on her. But she knew Tweety would've wanted her to make friends.

Since meeting her sister and her friend Cassandra they've never given Kacey a reason to not trust them. God obviously put them in her life for a reason and she was thankful for that decision.

"I gotta tell y'all something." Kori announced as she took a sip from her wine. Kacey and Cassandra looked at each other, before looking back at her. "Alright, me and Kapri had sex."

"You serious?" Cassandra said with a smile on her face, while Kacey took a sip from her wine.

"Y'all just now having sex...?"

"Oh, I'm sorry, Kacey that I didn't give it up with a quickness like you did." Kori joked causing both Cassandra and Kacey to laugh.

"Oh, bitch, fuck you."

"So how was it?" Cassandra inquired, as both ladies waited for an answer.

"It was great honestly for my first time." She blurted out causing both Cassandra and Kacey to look at her in confusion.

"First time?" They spoke in unison, as Kori nodded.

"You're a fake ass sister." Kacey expressed holding her wine glass.

"How? What I do?"

"You never told me you was a damn virgin."

"I mean you never asked me."

"Because I assumed you weren't, bitch youre twenty four."

"Excuse Kaceys ignorance." Cassandra chuckles, "That's good you waited that long, I wish I could've."

"Exactly. Thank you Cassie."

"Whatever." Kacey waved her off. She was going to tell them about her and Montana's divorce and this was the perfect time for her.

"Okay, well I gotta tell you guys something too."

"You're pregnant again?!" Cassandra's eyes lit up.

"Oh, not you pregnant again." Kori chuckles sipping her wine.

"Here you hoes go assuming. I am not pregnant, thank you very much. But y'all do know how to turn something sad for me into jokes."

"Something sad?"

A sigh left Kacey's mouth,"Me and Montana are getting a divorce."

"What?!" Kori almost chokes on her drink as she looks at her sister. This was a whole new conversation they were having.

"Since when? Y'all were good like two weeks ago."

"We've just grown apart and sometimes you can't fix something thats already been broken." Kacey shrugged her shoulders.

"I'm so confused, there has to be more to the story." Kacey looked at Kori as she tucked a piece of hair behind her ear.

"Alright, two years ago I had an affair with a high school friends cousin. Montana found out through my text messages and he asked me about it and I told him the truth. It was after we had lost our daughter Naomi. At the time me and him were always arguing. He threatened for a divorce many times but I wasn't going for it. I've apologized to him many times and he told me he forgave me. Couple months later the guy I cheated on him with showed up and had been harassing me. Long story short me and Montana were separated and but we got back together and moving forward from there I would let my insecurities get the best of me. The morning after his birthday we got into an argument and I said some fucked up shit and from there I wanted a divorce. To you guys we maybe seem like a great couple, but it was more to it."

"Damn, I'm sorry to hear that Kace." Cassandra grabbed her hand squeezing it gently.

"What about counseling?" Kori questioned.

"We've tried that already. I'm sure Montana doesn't want counseling. I'm sure he's ready to get this divorce over with...I just can't get what he said out of my head."

"What did he say?"

"The first time I cheated was a mistake." Her voice cracked But I chose to go back and sleep with the guy. And he's right. I could've stopped myself but I didn't." She cried. "I blame everything on him, but it is my fault."

"Awe, Kacey don't cry." Cassandra stood up to place her glass on the table. Kori and her stood up scoring closer to Kacey as they hugged her.

*****

The girls had left a little after nine just as Montana and the kids were back. She had dinner already made and after she fed the kids she made sure they all took showers and got them ready for bed. Since it wasn't a school day for Maia she didn't care if she stayed up with Major. On Monday Major would be attending his first day of pre-K and Kacey was excited.

Good thing he was just as excited for school when she told him. Kaija was already sleeping so that was good.

As Kacey finished cleaning up the kitchen and putting away the leftover food she walked out to the living room.

"Did you sign the papers yet?" Kacey asked nervously as she stood by the wall.

Montana sucked his teeth standing up from the couch looking over at her, "As soon as I get the chance Ima sign them." He gets ready to walk to the kitchen before he looks at her, "Don't worry Lani ima sign them, just for you. I know you can't wait to hop to the next nigga." His nose flared out of anger.

If looks could kill Montana would definitely be dead by the way Kacey was staring at him.

"Why do you always have to be so fucking disrespectful?! I asked a simple question and you getting rowdy for what?"

"Stop talking to me."

"Fuck you." She replies to him with a scowl on her face. She was getting tired of him and his bad ass attitude.

"Nah, fuck you!" He fired back as he walked into the kitchen.

"You know I'm so glad you know I can't wait to hop to the next nigga." He could hear her footsteps following behind him. "Because I damn sure can't wait to get the fuck away from you!"

"What." He turned around to face his soon to be ex wife, "Man, you better get the fuck out my face."She raises an eyebrow folding her arm across her chest.

"Or what?" She egged on looking up to him, "Cause If you wanna go there, we can both have matching eyes."

He chuckles shaking his head as she rolled her eyes, "Here you go with that rah-rah shit."

"Im going back to stay with my mom til I find a place for me and the kids."

"Nah, you ain't. You can keep this house, cause I already got me a stop, so you ain't gotta waste yo money."

"Why?"

"Because the kids already comfortable here."

"Did you tell Maia?" She questioned. Even though Maia was only six she was a smart girl. She wouldn't be oblivious to why her father is moving out of the house she grew up in.

"Eventually, I'm gone tell ha. She smart, soon she go start asking questions." He scratches his head. "Im out."

She watches as he walked downstairs.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.2K 1.4K 16
Yelena Flourish and Montell Bold have been dating six months strong. With Yelena's career vastly growing as well as Montell's business, the two becom...
88.8K 4K 45
In Hurt Me To Love, Camille experienced heartbreak, abuse and betrayal. No matter what happened she couldn't catch a break. Camille and her husband...
57.7K 2.4K 50
Alone book 2. More so focused on Joy rather than Amir and kalanie. Just a heads up but enjoy ♥️
25.3K 978 16
2 year later. La'Nya and Kaylen lives has gotten crazier. Will La'Nya be able to find Kaylen and Ny'Airah or will she give up Sequel to MOR...