A Witch Thing | Jasper Hale x...

By Mrs--Marvel

What if witches existed and no one even knew? And what if a witch finds her One, who just so happens to be on... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

Chapter 2

17.2K 536 429
By Mrs--Marvel

Laurent and Victoria began to walk away, James lingering in his spot, still watching the human. As he continued to stare, Y/N inched over to him slowly and spoke in a small voice, scared she might offend him, "James...are you coming?" It took everything she had not to stutter.

Vampires don't stutter.

James seemed to ignore her for a moment before she began turning away. The blonde who had commented earlier on Victoria's curve ball caught the eye of Y/N as she began to walk away. She blushed very slightly and mentally cursed herself.

Vampires don't blush.

The anxiety that seemed to pour from Y/N was really starting to get to her as she tried to reassure herself that she was going to be fine. A sudden wave of calm moved over Y/N as she walked away. She didn't know where it came from, but it made her feel better.

A breeze of wind began to flow through the air. At first, it didn't have an affect on her until she remembered. The human. She turned around quickly, whatever sense of calmness that had washed over her a few seconds ago long gone as she look toward James, her eyes wide open.

He breathed in the scent of the human's blood that flowed in the air. He let out a long breath and turned around. He commented, "You brought a snack."

Carlisle's coven quickly crouched down in a defensive stance as James had turned back, ready to rip the girl's throat out. The coven pushed the girl behind them and crouched down, hissing in defense.

Laurent and Victoria pushed Y/N behind them quickly, keeping her away from harm. James was too engrossed in his next prey to be concerned with her.

"The girl's with us." Carlisle told them. Y/N stood behind her coven, fear taking over her as she thought she might end up dead. He added, "I think it's best you leave."

Laurent held his hands up calmly, "Yes, I can see the game is over. We'll go now."

As he started backing away, he looked at James, who wasn't letting up. "James?" He spoke, telling him it was time to go. James swiftly straightened up, beginning to walk away slowly with the rest of his coven.

Victoria lingered for a moment before snapping up, by James' side in no time. He wrapped his arm around her neck and seemed to whisper something in her ear as he walked away. Laurent gently grabbed Y/N's wrist and they began walking away.

Y/N looked behind her to the coven once more, her eyes suddenly locking with the blonde again. His gaze lingered a moment as well before he turned swiftly. Y/N shook her head and looked forward, letting herself practically be dragged by Laurent.

When they were out of earshot, James began talking about how he found his next hunt. Y/N felt something in the pit of her stomach. She didn't know the human and she didn't want to end up being killed by James for opposing him, but she didn't want the human to die.

Especially if she could, possibly, maybe prevent it. But, as the legends say, witches are weak. The chances of her being able to stop the human from being killed are quite low.

So she kept to herself and did what she always did. She looked the other way.

Or, at least, she tried to.

She found herself looking back to the clearing where the coven was, as if she could see the blonde once more.

-

James and Victoria took off in no time. James had started his hunt and, as always, Victoria followed behind him.

Laurent started to go to their next stop, bringing Y/N along as he knew James and Victoria would catch up soon enough, but he'd had enough.

He stopped as he began to cross the border between Forks and Canada, but he stopped. Y/N placed a gentle hand on his arm and spoke, "Laurent?"

He turned to her and simply said, "Let's go." He sped off in the direction they'd came in. Y/N quickly used her speed spell, rubbing her thumb and index finger together and saying a few words.

She set off, catching up to him fairly quickly. "Where are we going?" She asked.

Laurent didn't look at her as he answered, "To warn the coven."

She didn't say anything further, instead running with him. She wanted to do this as much as him. She didn't want anyone to get hurt. Not anymore.

-

When they finally reached Carlisle's family's house, they were confronted as soon as they stepped on the lawn. Y/N's eyes moved to the mansion in front of her, it was beautiful and definitely suited these vampires.

When she heard the faint sound of a hiss from the vampires in before her, she tried not to shrink in her spot.

Laurent held his hands in defense to show he meant no harm. Y/N followed suit, holding her hands up.

"We don't mean any harm. We've come to warn you." Laurent spoke, his tone telling them he was speaking truth.

Y/N nodded when a few gazes moved to her. She spoke shyly, a glimmer of confidence in her voice, "W-We don't want to hurt anyone."

The vampires stopped and slowly stood back up straight. Carlisle spoke, "We'll trust you."

Laurent nodded, "That's all I ask."

He gave Y/N a quick glance to make sure she was okay. She nodded to him and caught her breath a little.

Carlisle allowed them both into his house, his family continuing what they were doing. Although, one of them stayed next to Carlisle. Whether to have his back, reassure himself, or both, Y/N didn't know.

Carlisle introduced the man who'd seemed to have a strange effect on Y/N. He motioned to him, "This is Jasper."

He nodded stiffly to Y/N and Laurent as a greeting. Y/N looked away for a moment.

Laurent began to speak but was stopped when the human and three of the vampires from earlier, the big one, the pixie-haired one, and the human's protector. They immediately took defensive stances upon seeing Laurent and Y/N.

Carlisle stopped them and said, "They came to warn us. About James."

Laurent began, the vampires listening to him. The pixie-haired girl had her eyes focused on Y/N, but they seemed to be looking past her. She looked away, nonetheless.

"I've grown tired of his games. But he's got unparalleled senses. Absolutely lethal. I've never seen anything like him in three hundred years." He spoke.

Y/N spoke up, trying out the whole 'confidence' thing, "A-And Victoria will back him."

Laurent quickly added in a warning tone, "Do not underestimate her."

Carlisle nodded to him in thanks and Laurent gave Edward an apologetic look. He spoke, "I am truly sorry for what has been unleashed here."

He began to walk out to the woods and Y/N followed asking, "Where do we go next?"

Laurent stopped, slowly turning to face Y/N. He shook his head and looked back at the house before telling her, "Y/N..."

He grabbed her hands gently and said, "I think you should stay here. You have a chance to escape James and that's all that matters for you."

She faltered before stuttering, "What do you mean? You all are going to keep me safe. I-I though-"

"James is going to kill you when he feels he has no use for you. And trust me, he's getting to that." Laurent told her.

She let go of his hands and said, "Why? Why can't you protect me?"

Laurent told her, "You don't need my protection, nor can I offer it. I'm sorry, but you must stay here."

"But I'm your mate, aren't I?" She asked, hopefully. He shook his head, "No, you aren't. It was all a trick from James."

She took a step back. Laurent turned and she tried to stop him, calling his name. But it was too late, he'd disappeared into the woods.

She kept her tears away and took in a shaky breath before blowing it out. Y/N turned around and walked toward the house.

As she came up to the door, Jasper and Carlisle looked back at her. "Has something happened?" Carlisle asked.

Jasper observed her, taking in her expression and movement. She spoke with as much control as she possibly could and covered, "Uh, I'm staying to...help. I know how James works and...I can...help."

Carlisle tilted his head and looked over to the human's protector who nodded a little, a signal to Carlisle that she was okay.

He asked cautiously, "If you don't mind me asking...what are you? You're no vampire, and you're not human."

Y/N took in a breath and spoke, "I'm...a witch."

He shook his head and gave a little chuckle, "No...they're extinct. You can't be a..."

As he trailed off, Y/N turned to one of the cars that had not been running. She focused her mind on it and slowly lifted her hand, chanting a few foreign words under her breath and flicking a finger up.

The car came alive, the lights turning on and the engine running. Carlisle and his coven stood in disbelief and said under his breath, "But the Volturi had killed them all thousands of years ago."

"Some escaped and hid away. But I don't think this is the right time for a story." She said cautiously, she didn't want to say something and get her kicked away.

He gave her a soft smile and said, "You're right. You'll go with Jasper and Alice and help Bella get away."

She nodded and slowly moved over to where Jasper was. He and the pixie-haired girl, Alice, got in the car.

Y/N opened the door and slid in, sitting next to the human, Bella. She and her protector talked while the others got in their cars.

"If any of you get hurt because of me." Bella whispered to him.

He spoke, "We won't. There are five of us, two of them. When it's done, I'll come get you." He pulled her in and told her quietly, "You're my life now."

Y/N squirmed very slightly in her seat and looked away. His eyes trailed over to her for a moment before he broke quickly.

As soon as they were out of sight of the vampires behind them, Bella started to cry to herself, knowing that might have been the last time she'd seen him.

Y/N kept her own feelings at bay, using a spell she'd picked up to put them off until she was ready to deal with them.

Unlike most people, she would get to them and she'd handle them. She wasn't that unhealthy.

Soon, Bella fell asleep, exhausted from crying. Y/N sighed, a small weight being lifted off of her chest now that Bella wasn't sobbing to herself anymore.

To make light conversation, Alice spoke in a soft voice, "So, you're a witch?"

Y/N nodded, slightly uncomfortable by the fact that she was a witch in a car full of vampires, the very creatures wanting to get rid of them.

She spoke, "Yes, I am. And you both are Chosen Ones?"

Alice looked back at her, slightly confused. "I'm sorry?"

Y/N caught herself and spoke, "Oh, yeah. When the Sun Chil- I mean, vampires were first made, some emerged with gifts and talents of their own. It was believed they were hand-picked by the spirits and were then named the Chosen Ones. You two have gifts?"

Alice nodded with a curious smile, "Yes." Y/N nodded and kept quiet. She didn't want to say anything that would offend them and she didn't know what would offend them.

Jasper spoke up slightly, "There's no need to be afraid. You're safe."

Y/N looked up at him. She asked, "Huh?" Alice told her then, "Oh, Jasper's an empath. I have precognition."

Y/N nodded and understood. Jasper's words seemed to help a little bit, but she was still slightly afraid of what could happen.

Suddenly a wave of calm rushed over her once again, just like earlier in the field. At least she now knew where it was coming from.

Y/N looked at Bella and furrowed her brow. "Of course..." She mumbled. Jasper exchanged a look with Alice and asked, "What?"

Y/N spoke, "Earlier, when I saw Bella, I knew there was something different. I know what it is now."

"What?" Alice questioned, looking at Bella. Y/N explained, "She's a Chosen. I don't know how. She just is."

"How do you know?" Jasper asked.

Y/N explained, "Witches can sense vampires and Chosens. The Chosen Ones seem to have a certain," Y/N searched for the word. It was hard to explain magic to non-magic folk, "Aura."

Alice smiled a little, "Oh."

"And golden eyes. Vampires with golden eyes tend to have a more pure aura around them then those with red eyes." She continued to explain.

When she realized she was probably talking too much she said, "I'm going to...stop talking now."

Alice asked, "Why?"

Y/N shrugged and looked out the window, "I think I'm starting to get annoying."

"No, you're not." Jasper spoke up, glancing at her through the rear view mirror. Alice added, "I'd like to know more about witches."

Y/N smiled a little and said, "It's just...my coven never really liked it when I talked about witches or magic...or at all."

Alice gave her a warm smile, "Well, don't worry about that anymore. We find this fascinating!"

Y/N chuckled a little, "Thanks."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 52.9K 84
𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐎𝐈𝐃| ❝︎Why are you so paranoid?❞︎ ❝︎Why aren't you?❞ 𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐞 �...
99.3K 3.3K 16
As a new member of the Cullen family, new adventures are taken when an incident pushes the Cullens to move away from Forks, Washington, the place Y/N...
67 10 23
We all know the story of Edward and Bella. Whether you've watched the films or read the books, we all know their love story and fell in love along wi...
14.5K 320 18
Sagelynn has always known that she's different. Why? Because she's been able to communicate with ghosts since she was 6 and view past lives since she...