Gianna's Grit | ✓

By sillywhims

Book 1, First Generation Gianna Kingsley only came back to the rundown southside neighborhood for a funeral... More

i. introduction + forewarning
I: Bad News
II: Draw First, Ask Later
III: Holy Gumbo, Who are You?
IV: My Old Friend the Target
V: Leave it to the Photo Albums
VI: Cleanup, Standup
VII: We Need to Talk
VIII: No One's the Same Forever
IX: Scarface Anthem
X: Permitted Grilling
XI: I Feel it Coming
XII: Laid to Rest
XIII: Just Like That
XIV: Make a List
XV: Back to the Grind
XVI: Back to the House
XVII: And I Don't Mean the Juice
XVIII: All Wound Up
XIX: After the Fall
XX: Ring a Bell
XXI: Family Time
XXII: Quick Check
XXIII: Guess Who's Back
XXIV: We All Bleed Red
XXV: Trying Times
XXVII: Turning Point
XXVIII: No Air, No Air
XXIX: Time Flies like Bullets
XXX; *EXTRA* Family Reunion

XXVI: No Sir

4.3K 339 10
By sillywhims

GIANNA

POSITIVE.

The two lines were as clear as day, but I could still barely believe my eyes.

I've been avoiding relationships for this very reason, and here I am.

I slid down the door, too many emotions flowing through me at once. I didn't realize that I was crying until the doorknob jiggled.

I tensed and quickly quieted the sobs that almost hurt.

"Open the door, Gianna," King demanded, his voice mixed with frustration and concern. Knowing King, he'd probably grown frustrated at not knowing what I was doing in the bathroom for so long. The loud crying didn't help my case either. "Let me in."

I found myself speaking, "I'll come out if you go sit on the couch."

He stopped moving the knob, "You sure?"

I smiled at his worried tone, "Promise."

I listened to his retreating footsteps before taking a chain of deep breaths. I stood and fixed my makeup as best as I could before looking myself in the eye.

I came to the scary yet exciting conclusion, "I have to tell him."

Does he even want to have a child?

Does he even want to have a child with me?

King is only just now warming up to Kadeem. What if he doesn't even plan on moving on with our relationship— he never asked me out, so we technically don't even have a relationship—

"I have to tell him," I repeated.

I glanced at the stick in my hand before unlocking the door. I took more deep breaths as I approached the living room. I turned the corner and saw King sitting with a babbling Kadeem beside him. I wondered when he'd taken him from the playpen, but ignored by curiosity in favor of my nerves.

I rounded the couch and King moved to stand, but I held out a hand, "No, stay on the couch for this."

King hesitantly sat down, his eyes not leaving mine until I broke the staring contest.

"Kamari was asking me a bunch of questions that night," my eyes flickered to his again, "about me being pregnant."

King didn't show any reaction, and remained at attentive as before.

I took a deep breath and revealed the stick from behind my back, "So I went and bought one today."

I hesitantly handed it to King, who quickly accepted it. He stared down at for a few seconds as if in shock.

Tears welled in my eyes, "I'm pregnant, Zion."

I began crying again and he set the test aside in favor of embracing me, "Why are you crying, Gianna?"

"I-I know the last thing you probably want is another baby.. especially one with me," I sobbed. "I totally understand.. I understand if you don't want me to be pregnant. W-We're not even in a relationship, and I'm claiming you at funerals and getting pregnant—"

"What'd you just say?" He asked lowly, pulling back.

I wiped my eyes, "We're not even in a relationship."

"Who the fuck said that?" He growled.

I furrowed my brow as my vision cleared a bit, "You never asked me out, so I just thought you wanted to be casual—"

He grasped the back of my neck and kissed me fiercely, "You are not casual, Gianna. We are not casual, you got that?"

"But—"

"Say it," he tightened his grasp.

I hissed, "We're not casual."

He lessened his grip thankfully, and massaging the area as to soothe me, "I want the baby, Gianna."

My eyes widened, "You do?"

He frowned, "Why wouldn't I?"

"I thought you weren't into relationships and you looked like you were fucking  frozen when I gave you the test," I ranted out.

Zion's lips quirked up, "I was surprised, ma, I still am. I'm not giving you or this baby up, though."

My body flooded with warmth and I jumped to embrace him. His arms wrapped around me tightly, his lips dowsing my neck with kisses. We stayed like this until the front door suddenly opened.

A few little brothers entered with bags and boxes, causing us to break apart.

King glanced towards an oblivious Kadeem before speaking, "Didn't I tell y'all not to bring that shit in here?"

"Where else are we supposed to bring the new loads?" One asked as the others stopped.

King huffed and brought me to his side, "I didn't buy Red's fucking warehouse for y'all to bring the batches around Kadeem."

I smiled at his words and the Tags nodded to me as they exited. My lips were captured as soon as the door was shut again, and I smiled into the kiss.

I felt Zion begin to unzip my dress, so I broke away. The man groaned before I spoke, "let me put Kadeem down for his nap, then we can have fun."

Zion scoffed and began grumbling under his breath about how much of a "fucking cockblock" Kadeem was becoming.

I picked up the baby and kissed his cheek before turning to the pouting man, "Did you say you wanted to wait two hours?"

Zion's eyes widened, "Hell no."

"Then go to the bedroom and wait," I winked cheekily before walking into the kitchen. I prepared a bottle of formula before grabbing Kadeem's favorite stuffed animal and a spit towel. I sang lowly to him on my trek up the staircase, and sat with him in the rocking chair as he drank.

I kissed Kadeem in his forehead and carefully set him in his crib, allowing him to finish the bottle on his back as I pressed play on his lullaby CD, closed the blinds, and covered him up. I replaced the empty bottle with his stuffed elephant when I was done and found that he was already dead asleep. I set the quiet buzzing alarm on the home-wide baby monitor system before creeping out, shutting the door with a soft click!

I then raced to Zion and I's bedroom, opening the door to reveal the already naked man. He smirked at me from the bed and I rushed to undress myself, lock the door, and straddle him.

"You," he grasped my neck, "Been teasing me all day, haven't you?"

I moaned as his grip tightened, "I don't know, have I?"

He dragged me down into a ferocious kiss that ended much too soon, "You need me to remind you of everything you did today?"

I bit my lip and nodded, wanting nothing more than a replay of each tortuous moment we'd experienced just in that day.

He kissed me again, "You woke me up with a fucking dick ride, remember that?"

I shook my head, still feigning innocence.

Just a little bit longer.

"You rode me so damn good, Gianna," he moaned into my opened mouth. "You sucked me off in the kitchen, yeah?"

I shook my head again, "I didn't."

His grasp on my throat tightened, if I hold on just a bit longer, he'll give it to me just the way I like it.

"Then you taught that bitch at the funeral a lesson, looking sexy as fuck even while beating her ass," he groaned, his dick beginning to rut against my bundle of nerves. "You didn't do any of that today, baby?"

I shook my head and smiled down at him, "No."

"No what?" He growled.

"No sir," I obeyed.

His dick rutted against me more forcefully, "Lying girls get punished, Gianna."

There it is.

I finally allowed myself to release all the self restraint I had left in my body and stared down at him with overcoming lust, "Then punish me."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

230K 4.1K 31
✓ COMPLETED ✓ Started: 2nd NOV 2020 Finished: 23th AUG 2021 EDITING! I could feel his gaze on me as my hands slowly reached to the blood coming out...
1.4M 49.6K 67
Kinda meant to be cliche and corny "I never said that this life was going to be all sunshine and rainbows, baby." "I never expected that, baby" I mo...
1.3M 52.9K 50
Filled with street smarts and book smarts, Arianna Lincoln reached her dream of owning her own restaurant. Reaching the dream of finding love, she's...
138K 1.8K 30
DARK ROMANCE - A dark game forces Zee, a reckless young woman into contacting the guy who took her virginity and begging him to marry her, but she ne...