HIS BABY

By TMSaunders

Watching the most desirable man that ever walked the planet is captivating. He is titillating mouth-watering... More

CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

CHAPTER SIX

22.1K 615 37
By TMSaunders

S A V A N N A H    P O V

I feel like such a fool crying over what Cole did to me. This is my daughter's birthday, so I need to be the strong person I have been for the past three and a half years. I wiped my eyes, composed myself, and sauntered into the kitchen. The girls looked at me with a smile. "Kenna, are you ready for a birthday cake?" I shout over to her. Gable glimpses over at me, then Kenna, who wants him to pick her up.

He picks her up. Chanel gets the cake ready. I pour another glass of wine for us girls, then light the candles. Gable sits Kenna at the table with her two friends. Joshua and Pierce stand behind Kenna to help her. We were about to sing when I heard a knock at the door. I looked at Chanel, placed my glass on the counter, and stepped towards the door. I opened it, to my surprise. Cole was standing there with a gift for his daughter. "What the hell are you here for?" I look over my shoulder to see Josh and Pierce staring at Cole.

I am so fucking blind. I stepped back, opening the door wider so Cole could come in. Closed the door, and my sister looked at me, shocked. I roll my eyes and walk back to Kenna. Anne and Jules are staring at Cole. They glance at me, then back at Cole. "That is Cole," I whisper to them. They gulp, then look at each one of the brothers.

"He is something to look at," Anne says, then leaves her mouth slightly agape. I shake my head. We started to sing happy birthday; Kenna had the sweetest smile. She blew out the candles. I cut the cake so they could have a slice each. Put the rest of the cake in the fridge. A while later, her friends left with Anne and Jules. I cleaned up while Cole tried to play happy family with his daughter.

I stood in the kitchen watching Kenna, her beautiful smile brightening the room. She stood in front of Cole; he didn't know how to act around her. He stands up and then walks towards me. Chanel leaves me and then wanders over to sit in the lounge. Cole stands with his hands in his pockets, staring at me. "If you have come to argue, you can leave now," I tell him. He looks down at the floor and then back at me.

"Savannah, I am sorry for calling you a whore." I fold my arms, waiting for whatever else he says. "I am too young to be a father. I am not ready, so I have given Josh permission to take on my responsibility of providing for her." He is still staring at me.

"Do you all think she is some sort of possession you can just hand around? She is a little girl." My voice is now loud. My sister picks up Kenna to take to her room. Josh, Gable and Pierce walk over to me. "Kenna is not some prize you can hand off to someone else. She is my daughter, and all of you have no idea how to treat her like a human." Cole's face changes shape.

"Savannah, you should watch what you say. I will take your precious little girl from you." Cole is now showing his true colours and warning me. His brothers step forward, placing their hands on his shoulders.

"So, now you are threatening me again." I take a deep breath.

"I will tell the court how unfit you are to be a mother." I slapped him and stumbled back into the cupboard, catching my mouth on the open door. Joshua pushes Cole to the floor, and Gable and Pierce pick him up off the floor.

"Cole, why the hell would you hit a woman?" Josh asks him angrily, his hands still making fists, his face showing Cole how angry he is. He shrugs his shoulders and then straightens himself up. Josh steps towards me with a soft, sorrowful expression. I put my hands up to stop him.

"He didn't hit me. I stumbled, catching my mouth on the open door." I took a breather briefly, but my anger was still there. "Get the fuck out of my house," I yell at them.

"Savannah, I am sorry for the way Cole acted." Pierce says, looking disgusted at what his brother has done.

"Save it, Pierce. I do not want to see any of you." I stepped to the sink to get a cold, damp towel to put on my face where I could feel the pain. I had my back to them. I couldn't believe I lost my balance and was trembling, trying to fight back my tears. I turn to look at them with hate. "If you think I would let my daughter near an animal like you, you can think again. You are not the man I thought you were... Now get out." I screamed at Cole. He shook his head and stormed out the door, slamming it behind him. I glanced at his brothers, waiting for them to leave. They looked at Josh, who nodded they left. Josh's expression tells me how sorry he is. His soft blue eyes saddened.

"Savannah, I never thought Cole would ever hit a woman. All I can do is apologise." He leans against the counter, sliding his hands into his black trouser pockets. "It had been my idea for Cole to give up his parental rights for Kenna. He should have been clear when he told you. I thought it would be in the best interest of Kenna what I had done. I never dreamt that my brother would get so physical. I am so sorry." He sounds like he is pleading with me.

"Josh, just save the speech. I know what you have planned; Cole just told me. Plus, he didn't do this." I take the damp towel from my cheek. The pain is intense.

"If it goes to court, that would not be fair on Kenna." He tells me.

"Well, I am not letting any of you near her. So, if I must go to court, so be it." My anger took over my words, so what I felt came out of my mouth. He stands up straight, shaking his head.

"Well, I guess we will see you in court then." He strides towards the door and then leaves, slamming the door behind him. I lean on the counter sobbing, knowing I had done the wrong thing in challenging them to take me to court. All I could do was make sure my daughter was loved. I could not afford a lawyer, so they won. Chanel walks out with Kenna, who starts to play with her toys.

"My god Savannah who the hell did that to you?" My sister moves my chin to get a good look at my cheek.

"Cole and I argued, and I slapped him, then stumbled, hitting the open door." We laugh.

"So, what happens now?" She sits on the side.

"I now wait for a letter to appear in court. They want to take my daughter from me." I start to cry. Chanel hugs me.

"I will be right here for you." My sister is comforting me. The evening passed quickly, and Kenna was in bed. I lay on my bed and did not sleep much at all. I got up during the night and started to sort Kenna's bedroom out. I wanted to get it ready before they took her from me. I am dreading what the outcome is going to be. Kenna is my entire world. I had been sorting out boxes when my sister walked in, rubbing her eyes then, she started to help me. We managed to stack the boxes up, ready to paint her room. Then morning arrived. Kenna woke up and walked into the kitchen.

"Mummy, Me have breakfast, please?" Her adorable voice did give me tears.

"I will get you breakfast now. What would you like?" I open the cupboard where the breakfast is; she looks and then makes a face.

"Pop pops." I took out the rice crispy box, put some in a bowl then had milk. She sits up at the table, eating her breakfast. I grabbed a cup of tea to sit with her. Chanel went back to bed.

"Hey, baby. We could go to the park later." She nods while eating. I had a slice of toast, got Kenna a drink of orange, and then cleaned the kitchen when we had finished. I washed and then dressed. Kenna brushed her teeth while I sorted out getting her clothes for her to wear. When she finally got dressed, we sat in the lounge for a little while before heading to the park.

My sister even joined us. I stood watching Kenna playing on the slide. Her beautiful smile and little giggles make me think about what I would miss if they took her from me. My mind was racing around; I could not do this to her. I need to figure out what I should do. If they win, they will not let me see her. If I let Josh take on Cole's responsibilities, my daughter will still live with me. Why do these people think they can threaten me? Chanel nudges me.

"You look lost in thought." She states the obvious.

"I am. I'm scared that I am going to lose Kenna." My sister places her hand on my shoulder.

"What other choice do you have than to go to court?" Chanel also looks upset.

"The other choice is I talk to Joshua." I take a deep breath. "This is hard. I need to sort this out. It's not fair on Kenna. She needs stability. What they are doing will not be in her best interest." I rub my face and look at Kenna while she slides down. "I have to make the right choice for her sake." I take a deep breath and let it out loudly. Chanel walks over to Kenna to take her on a swing.

I stood watching still, at a crossroads of what I should do. We left to go for lunch. I got her ice cream. Chanel had to work so. I walked home slowly with Kenna. When we reached our street, I could see a black stretched limo. Rubbed my face, knowing it had to be Joshua. He is not going to give up. Some of my neighbours are stood, gawking at the limo.

The door opens just as we reach the path to our door. I looked to see Joshua getting out. He stands straight, doing up the three buttons on his expensive suit jacket. He steps towards me with an envelope. He looks down at Kenna and then bends to her level, talking to her. My neighbours are just standing on their doorsteps, being nosy. He glances up at me, then back to Kenna.

"Kenna, you look pretty today." He tells her. He kisses her cheek she kisses his cheek back. I smiled at how sweet she was.

"Savannah." He straightens himself and pulls his jacket straight. "The lawyers want to arrange a meeting with your lawyers." I laughed, and he stepped back.

"Well, your lawyers would have to wait for eternity because I do not have a lawyer. I will not be getting one either." He looks surprised.

"So, how do you expect to go to court?" He slides one hand into his trouser pocket.

"I will be going on my own. I have a daughter to think about, so I will not waste my hard-earned money. I will take my chances." I take Kenna's little hand in mine, then unlock the door.

"It hasn't got to be like this. All I wanted to do was see my niece." He takes a step forward.

"I cannot for the life of me figure out why you are so set on seeing your niece? I would expect this behaviour from a father but not an Uncle." He looks upset. His eyes look sorrowful in pain. I push the door open to let Kenna walk in, and then I look at him, closing the door. I cannot start to feel sorry for him with what is going on. I put the TV on for Kenna to watch. I sit with my feet up, hoping that this will all work out.

*****

Thank you all for reading

Would like to read your comments

Hope you like the story so far??? 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

255K 7K 53
What could possible break two people apart that gave up everything to be with each other? For Amira and Mason there's two things. An unforgettable d...
119K 4K 49
Work is work, and should never be mixed with pleasure. But I guess Jolene didn't get the memo when she became Mr. Sinclair's assistant... After a pas...
512K 16.5K 34
"You are just his surrogate ... nothing more." ⎻ Where an innocent girl name Haneul has become Jeon Jungkook's surrogate on an accident night. ⎻ Sta...
122K 2.3K 22
Book One Alessio & Persephany love Story I pull her up after I cum and kiss her, I zip down the back of her dress while kissing her neck "mmmmmmm Al...