Amarendra Devasena - The stor...

By Meenu_Panda

This story is all about Amarendra Devasena, their Romance and the way they take their life with all conspirac... More

Cast
Tholi Choopu
Sneaky King
The Engagement
Devasena The Queen Of Maahishmati
The First Gift to The Bride
Problems- Just a beginning
The (Mis)Understanding
Amarendra Devasena Pelli
Shobanam- The Wedding Night
A Plan A Mystery
A Memorable Journey
Manohari's Mohana
A Sunrise With Beloved
Love In the Wild
Author's note
A fight and The Makeup
A spark
The Zaveri Nagar Mela
A New Emotion
A New Feeling
In the Dark Night Lit By the Moonlight
The Good News
A Bitter News
The Hamsa Naava
Return to Maahishmati
A Serious Confrontation
A Reunion Unexpected
A Birthday to Remember
A Lullaby
A Sneaky Plan That Failed Miserably
Plight of Parents
Brotherhood
A Friend In Need..!
The New Bonds
The First Sign- A Relaization
Dandaalayya- Maa Tho Ne Nuvvu Undaalayya
Kanna Nidurinchara
Amarenda Devasena Varasudu
A Mother's Love
The First Flower of the Season
An Early Anniversary Celebration with Unexpected Gift..!
The Yagnam..!
The Fallen Warrior
Nirnayam Lo Chanchalam- A Teaser
Rise of the Fallen
Haunting of the Forgotten
Author's note+Suprise
The War Begins!
Enter the Fortress
The King Returns
The Fall of The Evil
Doubts and Determination
The King and Queen
The Verdict!
Another Revelation
A Story to tell
The Return of Festivities
Plans!

The Mahamantri

594 37 13
By Meenu_Panda

I am introducing one person and reintroducing another person here. 

Vismaya

Shailendra ( Those who have been following this story might know this name)

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"We need to elect Mahamantri, the Secretary General"

Devasena said.

"Yes we will."

Amarendra said as they walked to the general assembly room of Maahishmati. The room had changes to its prior decor.

This time, the stairs that usually led to the throne, led to a nothing. The throne was brought down. There were two indicating that the king and the queen will be taking equal responsibilities.

Amarendra sat on the right side throne while Devasena took the left one. It was decided amongst them. Devasena smiled remembering Amarendra's words.

"Devasena, the heart is on the left for a human. Amma taught me that while being a king, while taking certain bitter decisions, the mind and heart will always be at conflict. So you as my queen should be on my left, to show my heart the way of Dharma."

Devasena smiled and took her seat.

All the ministers who took their oaths, followed them and took their seats as per the arrangements discussed earlier. There was a separate section where the general public were allowed to sit.

But there was one seat that was empty.

"Let the conference begin"

Devasena said.

The Royal priest stood up from his seat and bowed.

"Shastry garu, this is a general assembly. Here we all are ministers responsible for our ministries and the people."

Devasena said.

"What she means is that there is no need to bow, unless we gather for court of justice."

Everyone smiled at the understanding between their king and queen. Gautama Shastry smiled too and nodded his head.

"Please proceed."

Devasena said.

"Maharani, first things first. We need a Secretary General. And then we need to finish what our Rajamata Sivagami Devi started two decades ago. Punishment for the treason and attempted murder of a King."

Amarendra's face changed. So did Devasena's.

Mahendra, Avantika and Arzoo who were standing behind the ministers as disciples felt the tension rise in the conference.

"I have a name in my mind for the position of Secretary General."

"So do I"

Both Amarendra and Devasena said and looked at each other surprised.

"Maharaja, Maharani, with all due respect, the person should be well versed with our laws, should know Dharma, adharma and should be able to take responsibility for this whole Empire in your absence."

"Yes. we know."

Again they said together.

"Who is that, may I ask?"

Kattappa asked.

"Chandrika's daughter, Vismaya Krishanga"

Gauthama Shastry smiled, shaking his head as he heard the King and Queen say the name in chorus and look at each other with surprise.

"I have no more questions, but just a request for Vismaya to join us."

Gauthama Shastry said as he knew the girl. She was not just the daughter of the woman who was Rajamata's confidante or the daughter of the woman who gave up her life to save the life and freedom of the queen, she was a woman who understood the law, but also understood politics, diplomacy and Dharma. He was her guru himself in the area of Diplomacy and Dharma, while Rajamata herself was her guru of politics and law.

"Sanga Ma.."

Devasena called her and whispered something. Sanga nodded and went out through one of the doors and returned back with a beautiful young girl followed by a middle aged man, a little older than Amarendra.

"Krishanga Vrishaparva!"

"Maharaja!"

They respected each other. The father who was a very good friend of his own father, who went to live in forests after the death of Vikramadeva. But he had taught everything he knew to his daughter while his wife had guarded the royal family. Then the little girl caught Rajamata's attention when they used to go around the empire in disguise. So she had brought her back to the fortress to give her a piece of her own knowledge in Politics and Law.

"Maharaja Baahubali. Now my daughter is your responsibility. I have already retired in my life. My only worry was about my daughter who was living in Neelaranya with me. Now that she is here. I can peacefully retire."

"Please wait. You have to wait until your daughter takes her oath. But before that, people also have to know her capability."

Naayaka said.

"Test her all you want."

The proud father said and took his place among the common people.

"Vismaya"

Naayaka called and the girl turned and folded her hands to him in respect.

"Sarvasainyadyakshulu Naayakula variki, naa pranamalu."

Naayaka smiled.

"Are you trained in all combat skills?"

"I am trained in all Yuddha skills that my parents knew and Rajamata could train me in."

"Tell me Vismaya, what should you do when there is a weaker kingdom attacking us and a kingdom with great military strength waiting to attack us?"

"It depends. Whom do you call weak? The one with less manforce or one with not much to lose? And Whom do you call strong? One with greater military power or one with more self confidence?"

"What is the difference?"

Gauthama shastry asked.

"Let us take the example of our own empire. We fought the army of a hundred thousand Kalakeyas with a mere army of twenty thousand men. Again a few days back, our Yuvaraja here fought the army of Maahishmati empire of thirty thousand men just with the help of his tribal friends and very little training he could gain in very little time he had.
So the difference is not how big the army is. What we have to lose? How good is our confidence when we face a large army. And the consciousness of doing right decides what we should do at that moment."

Everyone clapped. Amarendra and Devasena smiled.

"Who is important? The throne or the King?"

Kattappa shook his head at Gauthama Shastry's questions.

"Take my bow Royal priest Gauthama Shastry garu."

She gave him the due respect and then looked around at everyone as she answered.

"The throne is important. Because the king who sits on it might change. But not the Dharma related to the throne. Because, the throne makes the King. Not vice Versa. So Throne takes priority."

She answered. She looked at Kattappa with a questioning look. He just smiled.

"Anymore questions?"

Vismaya asked.

No one said anything but just clapped and showed their acceptance.

"Enti Shastry garu?"

Devasena asked.

"Give her the Oath."

Was all he said.

Vismaya took her oath in front of everyone. She bowed first to her father who was also her Guru and then bowed to the King and Queen and then everyone else.

As soon as she sat on the seat of Mahamantri, she looked at her King and Queen.

"Can I start my duty today itself?"

"That is the reason we have the conference here today, Mahamantri."

Amarendra said.

"Like Shastry garu said, we have to finish something that Rajamata started two decades ago."

Vismaya said. Amarendra sighed. Devasena's hand held his hand beneath the vastra trying to give him strength like always.

"Yes. We have to punish the conspirators for the treason."

Amarendra accepted.

"What do you propose?"

Devasena asked.

"Given that we are not following the old rules and there are many changes to come, I propose that we first call the conspirators, I mean the ones who are present here to be brought here in front of everyone."

She said. Amarendra and Devasena nodded. Before they could give the orders, Kattappa came there along with Bijjaladeva and his priest.

Kattappa stood there in the middle of the courtroom with his head hung while Bijjaladeva and the priest looked around in fear awaiting their fate.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.7K 852 15
Mission Behrupiya..... After the leap of 5 years... What if MPT hates Anuseena, as they think they are terrorist ?? What if in the place of Haseena...
153K 7K 27
Dev and Mahi. Practically strangers to each other. Their mothers, not so much. They are the best friends. Both of their families are not less than a...
1.8K 185 12
This is season 2 of my story "The Mystery of Unknown Relations". Please read first season to avoid any confusion.The questions raised in first season...
753K 45.8K 60
"Are you trying to tell me that she may never accept you as her husband?" asked a furious Anirudh. Amar chuckled at his cousin's anger and answered "...