Peppermint || Shoto Todoroki...

By buttered_creampuffs

Y/N L/N, an insanely talented 15 year old girl with an incredible quirk. Accepted into UA High School, the be... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
addressing certain issues

Chapter 44

15.3K 385 270
By buttered_creampuffs

I know Aizawa said that harm came to 27 first year heroes, but I changed it to 28 because Y/N was injured as well.

Warning: Slight language.

'I'll never agree, so I'm going to come with you.'

As they walked, Iida suddenly spoke up. 'Midoriya, I shouldn't have hit you back there. I'm sorry. Forgive me.' He apologised, bowing. 'I... have some concerns, Iida.' Momo interrupted. 'What exactly is your justification for changing your mind and joining us?' 'To be clear, I'm coming because I don't condone your behaviour. It's as simple as that.'

'If there's even a hint that physical combat might breakout, I'll make you retreat immediately. So in other words, I'm your watchman.' He grumbled, poking at Izuku, who gulped dramatically. 'That depends on whether the villains are keen on letting us retreat.' Y/N commented, readjusting the strap of her bag. 'Exactly what we needed.' Shoto mumbled, while Momo agreed. 'The same goes for me. Rescuing Bakugo is a job for the pros. Objectively speaking, there's no reason for any of us to go after him.' She explained, rummaging through her pocket and producing a tracker. 'However, I understand how each of you feels, so I'm compromising. Don't forget that.'

'Right.'

...

'The coordinates in the Camino Ward, Yokohama city in Kanagawa prefecture. Our travel time will about two hours from here. We should arrive around ten o'clock tonight.'

'So... did you tell the rest of the class about this? Do they know what we're doing tonight?' Izuku questioned, leaning forward slightly. 'Yes.' Shoto replied, taking a bite out of his food. 'And they tried their best to talk us out of it.' 'Yeah, even Uraraka ganged up on us to try and change our minds.' Kirishima butted in.

'Just to make sure.' Shoto swallowed. 'You know we're going against everyone's wishes and being completely selfish by doing this. We can call this off if we want to.'

'Does it look like I wanna turn back?' Kirishima exclaimed, almost squeezing his onigiri to death. 'Bakugo wouldn't think twice about going after the villains if he were here.' 'What about you, Midoriya?' Shoto turned to Izuku. 'He's my friend.' Izuku sighed, lowering his head. 'I refuse to turn back.'

'I see. Alright then.'

...

'So this is Camino Ward.' Y/N gasped, glancing around in awe. 'It's so crowded.' Shoto complained, earning a glare from the brunette standing beside him. 'Those villains are hiding somewhere in this city.' Kirishima declared, rushing off with a very pissed expression on his face. 'Just tell me where to go!' 'Wait a second!' Momo yelled at him with an equal amount of force in her tone.

'From now on, we're going to need to be extremely careful. These criminals already know what we look like, remember? We have to consider that we could be attacked at any moment.' 'Yeah, you're right!' Izuku realised, holding his forearms in front of him. 'Stealth mode.' 'You're standing out even more, Midoriya.' Shoto deadpanned.

'We won't be able to scout effectively if we're recognizable.' Iida mused, a hand on his chin. 'Okay.' Kirishima gave up, returning to the group. 'So what do we do?'

'I have an idea...' Momo fidgeted, pointing at a store. 'Though it is a bit old school.' Y/N sweatdropped at this. 'Are you serious?' She spluttered as Momo dragged the group into the store and began browsing 

...

'Uh...' The girl's voice trailed off as she stepped out from behind the curtain.

Her long, brown hair was twisted into an obnoxious doughnut braid that sat piled at the top of her head, and she had in green contacts to mask the striking silver tint of her irises. Her trademark black tank top and running shorts had been covered with a strapless frilly dress reaching to her knees, delicate blue lace-up slippers and a periwinkle coloured rose tucked behind her ear. 'What is this?' Y/N grumbled, pulling at the choker around her neck in frustration. 'This is so dumb.'

'Act like a prissy, spoiled kid.' Momo suggested, making the brunette look at her with furrowed eyebrows. 'How am I supposed to do that?' She questioned, still pulling at the choker. 'Bump into people and tell them to watch it or something like that.' The extravagantly dressed ravenette passed her friend a fan.

However, her directions only confused the girl more. 'Huh?'

Momo sighed. 'Nevermind, I'm sure you'll get it sooner or later. Just think of one of those annoying, bossy people, yeah?'

'Watch it, you punks! Get lost.' Izuku yelled as they walked out of the store. 'You've got it all wrong!' Kirishima retorted. 'You have to stick your chin out more.' 'You talking to me?' Izuku threw back, a comical expression on his face. 'That's it!' Iida butted in. 'We're just two scoundrels cruising for hot girls!'

'Close enough.' Kirishima complimented.

'Are... you guys okay?' Y/N quizzed, a concerned expression on her face. 'Should I be worried?' 'No!' Kirishima turned on her. 'You're supposed to be acting like Monoma!' Realisation dawned on the silver eyed, now green eyed girl. 'I see. So I'm supposed to treat you guys like scum.' She screwed her eyes shut, attempting to imitate Monoma's blasphemous behaviour. 'Iida, I bet you're so ashamed of yourself for punching your friend! Aren't Class 1A people supposed to be so much better than us?'

Kirishima sighed. 'You're really bad at this, Y/N.'

'Great disguises.' Momo smiled cockily. 'We'd stand out at this district dressed like this.' 'Yaoyorozu, couldn't you have used your quirk for this to save money?' Shoto asked, making no effort to sound like the hipster he was dressed as. 'Well technically, but that's against the rules!' The girl protested. 'If I started making everything, think of the effect on the economy! It's our civic duty as citizens!' 'Sure.' Shoto muttered.

'Everyone, our destination is this way.'

Momo was cut off by a bunch of citizens. 'Wow, it's UA High!' Someone exclaimed, scaring the six UA students half to death. 'Have we already been busted?' Y/N wondered as she froze in place.

'Let's return to the UA High press conference that just wrapped up.' The TV commentator on the screen spoke. 'Mr Aizawa.' Izuku whispered, pushing to the front. 'Vlad King and the principal.' Momo followed Izuku, both managing to make it to the middle.

'We are here to apologise.' Aizawa's voice rang out. 'A recent incident allowed harm to come to twenty-eight first year heroes, and we staff were not prepared. We take responsibility for any trauma caused by our negligence. It's our duty to train heroes, but also to protect heroes in training.'

'This is crazy, he hates being on TV.' Kirishima noted.

'I'll take the first question.' The commentator offered. 'Since the beginning of the year, UA students have had four encounters with villains. This time there were students who were gravely injured. How did you explain this to their families? And what are some steps you are taking to ensure the safety of students in the future?'

'They're treating them like villains.' Izuku mumbled, clenching his fist.

'We will increase patrols around the school grounds, and review security measures within the school. The safety of our students is our priority, make no mistake about it.' Principal Nezu replied as calmly as he could, but the crowd began to mutter amongst themselves.

'Hey.' Someone prodded Y/N on the shoulder. 'What do you think about this?' The stranger questioned the severely ticked off girl. 'I think.' She started, slapping him across the face as hard as she could. 'That you should shut the fuck up and stop complaining about UA because it's not like you could've done any better.'

'Do I get my point across?' She stated coldly. 'UA is trying their best. Stop attempting to be a know it all and judge the school like you know any better.'

...

'Okay, this is the spot the tracker is broadcasting from.'

'So that's their hideout?' Kirishima grumbled. 'Not a bad one, I guess.' He admitted grudgingly. 'Maybe it is, maybe it isn't.' Momo replied, surveying the deserted alley. 'According to the tracking history, the villain hasn't left this location for the past day, but that's all we know. One villain is hiding here, but that could be it. They could have Bakugo somewhere else. We're going into this operation blind for the most part. Please try to proceed logically.'

'I don't like this.' Iida complained, standing as stiff as a board. 'None of us are good at sneaking around. We need Hagakure or Jiro here. If I think things are going to be the least bit dangerous, we're done. I won't hesitate to call the police either to make sure my friends are safe.'

'Thank you, Iida.' Izuku sighed. 'So what can we do with what's in front of us? Let me see here...' He began another one of his muttering sessions.

Y/N frowned. 'Are there pipes?'

'Have you lost your mind, Y/N?' Kirishima questioned. 'No.' The brunette snapped. 'You forget what I can do, Eijiro. Pipes can help me determine as of whether Bakugo is here. Personally, I think not. But I could be wrong. Let's sneak closer first.'

'Hey, cute little chicks! Come drink with us, ditch these losers!' Two very drunk men came up to the two females of the group, Y/N and Momo. 'Yuck.' Y/N scrunched her nose. 'No thank you, I only drink wine.' She made a big show of sticking her nose in the air. 'Let's get out of here.' Shoto grumbled as soon as the two hooligans left.

'It's not crowded, but there are people around.' Shoto crossed his arms, leaning against the wall as he spoke. 'We can't draw attention to ourselves.' Momo agreed. 'So what's our next move?' She questioned. 'Let's go round the back. It's the best way we can get any intel on this place.' Izuku suggested.

And so, that's what they decided to do, squeezing themselves through impossibly narrow alleys. 'This is so narrow.' Momo lamented as she followed the group. 'I might get stuck.' 'Just keep moving, we have to figure out what's going on inside.' Izuku instructed, shuffling along the two walls. 'No one will see us from back here.' 'This dress is way too fat!' Y/N chimed in, pulling at the frills. 'This is why I never wear dresses.' She added under her breath.

'Wait!' The brunette suddenly gasped. 'There's a window up there.'

'We'll be blind in the darkness.' Shoto pointed out, giving Momo an idea. 'One second. I'll make a night vision scope.' 'Wait.' Kirishima interrupted. 'No need. I actually brought one along with me for this. When I thought about what we had to do, I figured that we might need it.' 'Sure, but aren't those models super expensive?' Izuku quizzed, cocking his head. 'I did some research on them when I was designing my costume but... they cost like fifty thousand or something, right?'

'Whatever man, just drop it.'

'Right.' Shoto butted in. 'Then Kirishima will serve as our scout. Back him up, Midoriya.'

'Hold on a sec.' Y/N frowned in concentration as she stood on Momo's shoulders and put her hand to one of the dusty pipes. 'Katsuki's not here.' She finished, tone serious. 'Instead...' The girl's eyes widened in fear. 'There's a bunch of... Nomus?'

'What are you talking about?' Kirishima growled, looking through his scope. Suddenly, he jerked back. 'She's right.' 'What?' Izuku asked, grabbing the scope from the redhead and peeking in. He, too, reeled back in shock.

Suddenly, a truck rose up in the air. The six teenagers squeaked in shock. 'Is that... Mt Lady?'

The heroine stepped on the Nomu factory, destroying every single one of them. 'Whoa!' The group screamed, holding on to the edge of the wall to prevent themselves from getting blown away by the wind that was generated.

'Are you guys okay?' Y/N groaned as she helped her classmates up. 'The building just came down.' She explained, slipping out of the shredded dress. Her doughnut bun had come loose, and her hair now framed her face in a frazzled mess. 'Gang Orca and Mt Lady. Wow, even Best Jeanist is here!' Kirishima observed as he climbed up the wall, which was fortunately stable and undamaged. 'And Mr Tiger too!' Momo cried, joining Kirishima.

'Ugh!' Mt Lady complained. 'Are these gross dudes really alive? I thought we'd be in for a fight but this was super easy. Maybe we should've left this to the police and gone with All Might.' 'Difficulty and importance are two very different things, rookie.' Best Jeanist replied, holding several Nomus captive with his denim threads. 'Riot squad, get the transports ready.' He ordered. 'There could be more of them, be on your guard.'

'Come on, Ragdoll! Wake up for me!' Tiger beseeched his unconscious teammate lying in his arms. 'Is that your teammate?' Gang Orca questioned. 'She's breathing, that's good.' 'Yes, but... look at her! What have they done to you, my friend?'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138K 6.9K 75
𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐀 U.A. High is the birthplace of legendary pro-heroes and a bountiful source of memories. Memories are meant to be cherished! Memories are...
1.1M 37.6K 112
[currently under major editing, please read at risk of changes.] "I heard there's a new transfer student!" -x- -x- -x- Shiro Kurayami is a new admit...
22.4K 990 23
"𝕊𝕞𝕚𝕝𝕖. 𝕀𝕥 𝕃𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕤 𝔹𝕖𝕥𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕆𝕟 𝕐𝕠𝕦." Y/N, having been trapped in what most would consider hell, managed to slip through the finger...
70.7K 3K 57
With their childhood behind them, Katsuki Bakugou and Shouto Todoroki are entering high school closer than ever. Always having the other to lean on...