The Mafia's Collateral

Autorstwa AmberBhasin

To save her sister, she was left as the collateral of her father's debt to the biggest Mafia. Więcej

Characters
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Announcement
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
Part 65
Part 66
Part 67
Part 68
Part 69
Part 70
Part 71
Part 72
Part 73
Part 74
Part 75
Part 76
Part 77
Part 78
Part 79
Part 80
Part 81
Part 82
Part 83
Part 84
Part 85
Part 86
Part 87
Part 88
Part 89
Part 90
My gratitude

Part 13

998 31 8
Autorstwa AmberBhasin

Arohi's P.O.V.

I woke up the next morning with a headache from all the crying from the previous day. I popped two painkillers in my mouth and checked my timetable for the day at the campus. I didn't have any classes and so, I decided to go somewhere with Danny to relax a bit and have some fun. I called him and asked, "What are you doing today?" "Your Mafia called me and asked to meet him urgently today so I have to go," he said. "Really? Ok, how about after your meeting with him?" I asked. "That would be great. We will have lunch together," he said. "Great then. Bye," I said and hung up. I took a bath and changed my clothes. When I went back to my cabin, my phone was ringing. I ran quickly to it and answered. "Why weren't you answering the phone?" Mafia asked. "I'm sorry. I was in the bathroom," I said. "Come and see me. Now!" He demanded. Before I could say anything, he hang up. I combed my hair in a messy bun quickly and allowed some strang of hair to fall carelessly on my face. I wore my shoes and took my bicycle and rode quickly to Mafia's place. Reaching his apartment, he was sitting and talking to Danny. He looked at me and said, "Sit down." I went and sat next to Danny. I looked at Danny confused. Danny also looked just as confused. Mafia spoke, "I had to call both of you here to speak about something very important." "What?" Danny asked. Mafia looked at him annoyed and said, "I have decided that Danny would be Cubic." I was shocked. "But I am Cubic," I said. "You will remain Cubic. Danny just has to act as Cubic in front of the world to keep you safe from danger," he said. "Me? Why me? Why do you want me to act as Cubic? To get killed?" Danny asked. "I thought that you would give your life for a friend," Mafia said. Danny looked at me and said, "If Arohi is that friend then I would." I was touched. He was the definition of true friendship to me. I smiled and held his hand. Looking back at Mafia, his eyes were fixed on our hands. "I will pay you for the job," Mafia said. "How much?" Danny asked. Mafia took out a cheque from his jacket and gave it to Danny. It was a blank cheque. Mafia was willing to pay any amount for this?

"Put your price in," Mafia said to Danny. "I will," Danny said and got up. "I haven't finished speaking to you. Sit back down," Mafia said. Danny sat down again and Mafia said, "You don't like me, I know that. I don't like you, you know that. But I still have to thank you for what you did for Arohi that day. You protected her. For that, I thank you with all my heart." I was taken aback. "That was what you call giving your life for a friend. No need to thank me," Danny said. He looked at me and said, "Are you ready to go?" I smiled and nodded. We both got up and was about to leave when Mafia stopped me, asking, "Where are you going?" "Danny and I are going to have lunch together and then catch a movie," I said. "You will not go anywhere," he said. I looked at him shocked and asked, "But why?" "Because you have work to do," he said. "I'll wait outside for you. And I won't hear no for an answer," Danny said to me. What dilemma am I stuck in? Danny left and I looked at Mafia with a frown. "Go and tell him that you can't come. You have work to do for me," Mafia said. I tried giving him my best of puppy eyes but it failed. He didn't even look at me. He is too stubborn. I guess I will just have to listen to him. I dropped my bag on the table and walked outside disappointed. Danny stood up on seeing me coming. "Where is your bag?" He asked me. I pouted and said, "I can't come. Mafia isn't allowing me to leave." He looked at me with a disappointing look. I felt horrible. All because of that Mafia. "You always do this Arohi!" He said frustrated. I frowned. "Fine, go and do your Mafia's work. I'm leaving," he said. "Why are you out here for so long? Don't you know that you have work to do?" Mafia asked behind me. I turned around and looked at him sadly. "Get back inside," he said. I turned to Danny and said, "I'm sorry." He nodded annoyed. I went back inside leaving both of them outside.

Deep's P.O.V.

Danny walked up to me annoyed. "Why are you doing all of this?" He asked. "Because her father is indebted to me. So she has to work and repay it. Isn't it that simple?" I said. "It doesn't mean that you snatch all the fun in her life from her," he said annoyed. I smiled and walked back inside leaving him unanswered. Walking back inside, I saw Arohi looking at her sister's picture. "What are you doing?" I asked. She was a bit startled by my sudden presence. "Ananya's picture is face down so I was just fixing it," she said. She placed the picture on it's previous spot and looked at me with a smile. I walked behind her and put my hand on the frame. I again faced it down. Arohi was quiet for a while and then asked, "Why did you do that?" "Can't you see that I am not interested in your sister anymore?" I said. I turned and looked at her. She looked shocked. "What?" She asked in disbelief. "I mean, I don't want to lose focus from my work by looking at your sister. Whenever I see her, I get very distracted. That's why I have the picture like this," I lied. She smiled and said, "My sister is like that, anyone who sees her gets crazy for her." "Not me anymore," I muttered under my breath just staring at her. "Did you say something?" She asked. "Nothing," I said and went to my office area. She followed me. I sat in my chair and she sat opposite me. Avinash came inside and brought me a cup of coffee. "Hi Avinash," Arohi said chirpy. Avinash held a straight face to her like I always do. He left and Arohi asked turning back to me, "What work do you have for me to do?" I gave her my laptop and pulled up a document. "Read it and translate it for me in Hindi," I said. She looked at it and with a shocked expression, she exclaimed, "Fifty pages?!" I sat back on my chair and looked at her while sipping my coffee. She began working. I took out my phone and looked at her pictures. I smiled. Glimpsing at her, she was smiling and looking at me mischievously through the transparent folder. When I looked at her, she stopped and said, "Sorry. I'm working." She looked back on the laptop screen.

I pushed my phone into my pocket and sat and looked at her. Her eyes were glued to the screen. My fingers rested on top of the screen and I began pulling the screen down towards me. Her neck began to move up as the screen moved down. She looked at me and asked, "What are you doing?" "Are you hungry?" I asked her. She frowned and said, "When I'm finished with my work, I will eat." I took the laptop away from her and said, "Come, you will have to help me cook." She looked at me shocked and asked, "You seriously want me to cook? Knowing that I can't cook?" I smiled and said, "You don't have to cook. You have to help me cook." "But I am not finished with my work," she said. "You can get back to that later," I said. I got up and pulled her to the kitchen with me. I gave her an apron and she wore it. I wore one and said, "What do you want to eat?" "Anything," she said. I looked at her and smiled. I gave her some onions to chop up and I began doing other things for the preparation of the food. She struggled to even chop one properly. I smiled and shook my head. "Ouch!" I heard her exclaim. I turned around at once and saw her holding one of her fingers with blood oozing out. I quickly dropped everything I was doing and ran to her. I took held her hand and carried her to the sink. I quickly turned on the tap and placed her hand under the running water. "What are you doing? You have chopped your finger!" I scolded her. "Why are you telling me this? You gave me the onions to cut," she said pouting. "Well if you can't do it then tell me! I won't let you do anything," I said. I turned the tap off and took a first aid kit from one of the cabinets. I cleaned the cut and placed a plaster on it. Looking at her angrily, she looked like a cute puppy. "Now go and sit on by the table quietly," I ordered. "But the onions," she said sadly. "Don't act cute Arohi. Go and sit down," I said. She walked away slowly and went to the table. I looked at the onions she was previously chopping and what a mess she made! She really can't do anything in the kitchen. I chopped up some new ones and continued with my cooking while glimpsing at her angrily now and then.

When the food was finished, I set the table and as I sat down, she got up. "What happen?" I asked. "Sir, you eat your lunch and then I will eat. I am going to get back to my work," she said. "Why? Have you never eaten with me before? Sit down and eat. Later you will get back to your work," I said. She sat down and I took out some of the food in her plate. She tasted it and smiled. "Is it delicious?" I asked. She grinned and said, "Very delicious sir." "Good, then you have to take more and eat," I said smiling. She smiled and said, "Thank you." I looked at her eating the food and she was really enjoying it. "Do you know? Ananya loves these kind of continental foods. If she comes here, she will love your cooking," she said excitedly. I didn't care about what kind of food Ananya liked. Once she loved my food, that is enough for me. She continued with her chirping while she was eating and I just sat and admired the most beautiful and fun loving girl in front of me. This was the best lunch I had in such a long time. I heard the door opening and some heels approaching. I knew who it was. Ishika came to the dining table and looked at Arohi surprised. She smiled and said, "I thought that you only eat with me or Avinash." I looked away annoyed by her arrival. "I had some work to do for sir and lunch was ready, so sir invited me to eat with him," Arohi said smiling. "But I'm full now, please, you sit down and eat with him, I will get back to my work," she said smiling nervously. She got up from her seat and walked away. Ishika took her place and served herself. Looking onto my plate, she saw my soup bowl empty and took it, "Here, I'll serve you more." She refilled it and gave it back to me.

Arohi's P.O.V.

When I got up from the table, I walked away but from behind a wall, I peeped back at Mafia and Ishika ma'am. They look so cute together. I smiled and stood there looking at how she was refilling his bowl with soup. She got up and planted a kiss on his cheek leaving me surprised.

Deep's P.O.V.

Ishika planted a kiss on my cheek after giving me back my food. I turned my head and saw Arohi standing and looking at us behind the wall. She smiled cheekily and began mocking us, or me, by sending kisses. I felt embarrassed. She smirked and I looked away at once. Looking back by the spot again, she was gone. I smiled and shook my head. She is so mad! But it is her madness that made me fall in love with her. I took out my phone and began looking through her pictures forgetting all about my food. I smiled. "What are you looking at so and smiling?" Ishika asked me. I looked at her and turned off my phone saying, "Nothing." "Are you finished eating?" she asked. I nodded. She smiled and I got up to go and see what Arohi was up to. I saw her sitting on the ground by my sofa area with the laptop on the small table in the middle. I sat in my usual seat and looked at her working. My phone rang and the caller ID flashed, Avinash. Answering the phone, he said, "Sir, the doctor said that Manu's lung is burst from the bullet. What shall we do?" "Wait for him to come around and then interrogate him. Let's see if he tells the truth," I said. I hang the phone up and looked at Arohi. "Is everything alright?" she asked. I nodded. She looked at me with curious eyes and I said, "It was Avinash. He was just informing me about Manu." She frowned and asked, "Is he dead?" I smiled and said, "No. But if he doesn't speak the truth, he will be." Arohi looked back at her work but looked tense. As I was about to talk to her, Ishika came and sat next to me. I held a straight face once she was next to me. "Arohi," she said and Arohi looked at her. "Do you have a boyfriend?" Ishika asked. Arohi looked at her taken aback. I gritted my teeth. "What kind of question is that?" I asked Ishika. She looked at me and said, "Why? Did I asked anything wrong?" I looked at Arohi annoyed with Ishika. She smiled and said, "Perhaps if I was as beautiful as you, I would have one but no one likes me." She didn't feel bad? She was smiling and looking back at Ishika, she also was smiling. "I think that you should leave Arohi alone and let her do her work," I said to Ishika. "It's alright sir," Arohi said smiling. "It's not alright. What kind of question is that?" I said annoyed with a rise in my tone.

Arohi's looked surprised at me raise in voice and so did Ishika. "Really sir. It's alright," she said firmly. "Ishika, leave," I said sternly. She smiled and got up. Giving me a kiss on my forehead, she said, "I will call you later." She walked out. I looked at Arohi irritated for a bit and then went to my room. She followed me and asked, "Sir, if there is no more work for me, can I leave?" "No. Avinash will be here in a while, he will give you more work," I said and shut the door. Arohi is so innocent! And what the hell does Ishika think of herself asking this question to Arohi. Arohi would have a boyfriend only if I allow her. And as long as I am alive, she cannot love anyone else nor will I love any other person besides her. I promise my loyalty to her for the rest of my life.

Avinash's P.O.V.

It had been a while since I had spoken to Deep and I stood and looked at Manu lying unconscious with the oxygen mask on his face. Turning to one of my bodyguards, I asked, "Are you sure that no one knows where we are keeping him?" "Yes sir. I am one hundred percent sure that no one would even think about this place," he said. I was reassured. Soon, Manu began moving his eyes and slowly opened them. He looked shocked to see me in front of him and I moved away his oxygen mask and asked him, "What is your boss's name?" He looked at me and had the guts to say, "I don't know his name." He won't listen like that, we have to try another approach. I held his neck and pointed a gun at his head asking the same question again. "I don't know his name. I am telling you the truth," he continued like this. What on earth can I do to make him speak? He held his chest in pain and then I got it. I held his chest and squeezed it. He began to wail in pain. "What is your boss name?" I asked him demanding an answer. He screamed in pain and said, "I will tell you!" I released his chest and he held it breathing deeply with the pain. "I really don't know the man's name," he said. I gritted my teeth and was about to hold back the same spot when he said, "I only spoke to him on the phone. I don't know who he is or what he looks like." Is he playing with me? Let's see if he is lying. "Well then you must have a number for him. Give it to me or," I said about to hold his chest again. "I'll give you it," he said immediately. I took out my phone and said, "Spill." He called out the number and when I dialed it on my phone, it was a number I had already and looking at the name, I was beyond shock. "Tell the doctor to check him," I told my bodyguard and left from there quickly. I need to give this news to Deep immediately. I took my car and sped to his house. I entered without wasting any time and reached to see Arohi sitting by the dining table with a tea cup and she was sipping on it. Walking up to her, I asked, "Where is Deep?" She looked at me and said, "Oh! You are here? Do you know how long I have been waiting for you? Sir told me that when you come you will give me more work to do..." She was talking too much and I had to cut her off asking impatiently, "Where is Deep?"

She looked at me worried and said, "He is in his room." I quickly began to proceed to his room with Arohi running behind me asking, "What is the matter? Why are you so impatient and worried?" I ignored her and reaching to Deep's room, I saw him lying down with his eyes closed. "Sir, I have found out who was behind the assassination," I said to him. He opened his eyes and stood up at once asking me, "Who did it?" When I told him his name, he was just as shocked as I was. "Let's go," he ordered at once. 

Arohi's P.O.V.

Avinash left me unanswered outside Mafia's room. I stood and waited and I saw that Avinash came out and quickly left the apartment. Mafia came out a few seconds after and was also in a hurry. I looked at him worriedly and when he saw me, he came up to me. Placing both his hands on my shoulders, he said, "Remain here and do not leave until I come back. I am saying it again, do not leave the apartment for anything." He sound like he was warning me of something grave. I looked at him and nodded without questioning him. He came closer to me and planted a kiss on my forehead. Why was he behaving so weird? He looked at me for a few moments and then left. I am confident now that something really bad must have happened that they both look so worried and in a hurry. Folding my palms together and closing my eyes, I prayed, "God, please protect them." 

Deep's P.O.V.

I left Arohi with the warning to not leave my apartment. I quickly went and sat in my car and told my driver to leave. I wasn't taking Arohi with me only because I don't want any kind of danger upon her. The last time I brought her, the assassination took place. She is best safe at my place. I also cannot leave her in the cabin she is staying in because the security there is weak. While thinking all of this, the car stopped and I got out. It was only a five minute drive with us reaching there after my driver sped the car to the fastest it can go. Walking inside infuriated and with Avinash and my bodyguards protecting me, I went to the office of Rajin Singh. I took out my gun and pointed it at him once inside. He stood up and looked at me taken aback. "What is going on Deep? Have you gone mad?" he asked in disbelief with my actions. "Where is Rajiv?" I asked. He looked at me shocked and asked, "What is the matter?" "Answer me! Where the hell is he?" I shouted. He flinched and in a soft voice, he said, "I don't know." I walked around his desk and held him by his collar and asked, "Don't lie to me. He is your son. You will know for sure where he is." He looked at me and said in a convincing voice, "Trust me. I really don't know where he is. Since the shootout that day, he is nowhere to be found." I pulled his collar harder and said angrily, "You father and son are in this together aren't you? But if you don't tell me where is he, I will make sure and get both of you thrown out of Raichand Empire!" I pushed him away and he fell on his chair. I turned around and was about to walk out of his office when he said, "Believe me Deep. If I had known where he was, I would have surely told you. Even I want to ask him, why did he do all of this? I took him up from the street and raised him. I didn't know that dirty blood will remain dirty blood." I turned around and looked at him. He looked helpless with tears in his eyes. "If you don't believe me, I promise you that, I will help you find him," he said confidently. He sounded like he was telling the truth but I still couldn't trust him. "No need! I will find him by myself," I said. I left his office.

Once I was a safe away distance from his office, I said to Avinash, "Keep an eye on him. He might try to inform his son that we are searching for him." He nodded. I walked outside the building and as I was about to enter my car, a bullet was shot and I just felt someone pushing me aside. At once, there were the loud sound of gunshots deafening you. I felt a slight pain in my hand and my shirt began to get went with blood. It wasn't as painful as if I had gotten a gunshot. It seems as if the bullet had just grazed my skin. Avinash pushed me inside the car and ordered the driver to take me away. The driver sped the car away from the place and back to my building. I held my arm and went to my apartment. Entering, I saw Arohi pacing left and right. She looked worried. "What happen?" I asked walking up to her. Seeing me, her eyes began to tear up and she stuck herself to me, hugging me tightly. I was a bit taken aback with her sudden hug. She hugged me very tight. I caressed her shoulder asking, "What is the matter?" She broke the hug and said with tears flowing from her eyes, "I called Avinash a while ago and he answered the phone but all I could have hear was gunshots. I got so worried. Are you alright?" She began touching me to see if I was hurt and ran her watery eyes over my body. Then, she touched my small wound and looked at her hand. The liquid was red and she began crying and asking, "You got hurt! Let me see!" I stood and looked at her amused. I felt so happy to see her concern for me. She was panicking when I held her shoulders and looked into her eyes and said, "Arohi, listen to me." She stopped moving and looked at me. "I am fine. The bullet just touched my skin and I got a little scrape from that. No need to worry," I said softly. Her eyes began to fill with more tears and she hugged me. "I thought I was going to lose you," she said sobbing. I took a deep breath and said, "Nothing is going to happen to me." She pulled away from the hug and asked, "Promise?" I smiled and nodded. "Come, I'll help you dress your wound," she said wiping the tears away from her eyes. I nodded and went to my room. She followed me.

Reaching inside my room, I took off my shirt and blazer. She got the first  aid kit and began cleaning and dressing the wound. Lastly, she placed some cotton on it and tied the bandage around it. I took my robe and wore it. She packed back the kit and said to me, "I'm leaving now." I began to worry about her and demanded that she remain in my apartment for the night. She agreed with me easily and went to the guest room. I sat in my room and remembered her words saying that she thought she was going to lose me. But fortunately, Mafias don't die so easily. I called Avinash and asked, "Did you find out who shot the bullet?" "Yes sir, he was one of Rajiv's accomplice," he replied. I gritted my teeth. Who would have thought that Rajiv would turn out like this? "Any updates on Rajin Singh?" I asked. "No sir. But we are keeping eyes on him. If he does anything, we will find out," he said. "Ok then. Take care. Good night," I said. "Good night sir," he said. I hung up and went to my bed. Laying there, I remembered my past. 

Flashback

I was only about 10 years of age when I heard my mother and father arguing about something. I got up from my bed and peeped outside from my bedroom and heard Mom saying, "I can't do this anymore! I can't take this! I am leaving tomorrow with my son! I don't want him growing up to be like you Mafias. I want my son to be safe. And he can only be safe away from you." "Listen to me, I will not let any harm come upon our son. I will protect him with my life. Please don't leave me. I love you," Dad pleaded. "If you don't want me to leave, then you have to give up this lifestyle of yours. You have to leave the Raichand Empire," Mom said. "You know that is not possible. My father left it for me and I have to leave it for my son. Please try and understand," Dad said. "I don't want to hear anything," Mom said. Dad's phone began to ring and he answered it and said, "Ok, Hold onto him, I am coming." He left and Mom went to her room. The next morning, while I was getting ready for school, I heard a gunshot outside and when I came out, I saw Mom sitting on a chair with blood oozing from her mouth and a gun in her hand. I was traumatized. Dad didn't come home the entire night and when he entered and saw me holding Mom's hand and begging her to wake up, he also was shocked. Two years later, Dad was killed by an enemy leaving me an orphan. But I had Uncle Zeeshan, my father's best friend. He raised me and made me who I am today. He trained me and taught me to fight, not only with my enemies, but with my problems in life. He taught me to live after the trauma of losing both my parents.

End of flashback

I have lost everyone I loved in my life and now, Arohi is in danger. I couldn't do anything to save my parents but I won't let anyone snatch my Arohi away from me. I laid on my bed and allowed my tears to soak into my pillow. I began to miss my parents and especially, Uncle Zeeshan. I just wish he would finish whatever work he is doing and come back to me. For the world, I am the most feared Mafia, but for him, I am always Deepu, his little boy Deepu. "Please Uncle, come back. I need you," I whispered. It has been two months since I have last seen him. If he finds out about Arohi, he would be so happy. I just want him to be with me at the moment. I miss him. 

______________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! Another update! Hope you guys enjoy it and please comment and tell me what you think. Also, please vote for the chapter and share my book amongst your friends. I have updated my other book, "I Was Always Yours To Be" also so you guys can check it out if you wish. Until next time guys! Bye!

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

18 0 8
Blood is thicker then water, right?. Well that same blood led me down to hell, now I serve the Powell's. For one to pay back for my family's stupidit...
15.8K 416 26
#1 in Passionate #1 in Romcom #1 in Interesting [A CLICHE MAFIAN/CEO ROMANCE, OR IS IT REALLY?] ● Cover picture is taken from Pinterest, credit to...
1.2M 35.2K 33
Anna was a normal girl with the worst luck. Ever since her dads debt was pushed on her she lost her job, her boyfriend, her condo, and her pride. Poo...
85.4K 4.7K 103
My severe brother 2 Enjoy ❤️