Like Dandelions In The Wind

By Scribble_Maniacs

For me, freedom has always been just a word without meaning. I found it's meaning amongst the crowd of Delhi... More

Introduction
Character Aesthetics
Prologue
Cast
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55 - FINAL
EPILOGUE
VED
Thank You
When The Camellia Blooms

Chapter 13

545 40 50
By Scribble_Maniacs

For better imagination refer the below image for this chapter -

Happy reading!!! 🤗

--------------------------------------------

Zivah's POV

"I think we missed the turn!" Parth shouted from the passenger's seat. Ved gave him an unpleasant look from beside. I chuckled a little.

Laksh was sitting beside me in the back seat, scrolling through his Instagram feed.

"Laksh dude please take some efforts and tell me the correct fucking way," Ved said being annoyed as he parked the car to side putting on the parking lights.

"What's wrong with you two?" Laksh shouted lazily look up from mobile, "Just co-operate people."

"I told you to take a turn!" Parth said in a complaining voice.

"You didn't tell me, Parth," Ved said defending himself, "You were debating with yourself as to if that is the correct turn or the next one."

"Then I said turn!"  Parth said shouting as he gestured with his hands up in the air.

"Oh, I'm so sorry but I can't take a turn when you ask me to as there are other speeding cars on the road." Ved made his voice a little louder, shifting in his seat to face Parth.

I stared at them not believing they could fight also. I mean amongst all of the other people. I looked at Laksh who gave me a lazy smile shaking his head.

"How is it my fault?" Parth asked defending himself.

"Sorry, it might be my fault as I forgot to announce it to people to keep the road empty as 'The Parth Mehra' would be making his appearance," Ved shouted back with annoyance as he moved straight again taking out his mobile.

"Leave it. I'll take care." He said finally in a low voice opening Google map on his phone.

"Ved, why are you getting angry?" I asked.

"Because none of you are of any help," Ved said still with irritation.

"And this loud song by Laksh is not letting me hear anything that aunty is speaking." He said looking at Laksh from the rear front mirror.

Laksh shrugged his shoulders, " Dude, don't take it out on me. We have been roaming for 4 hours already!" He said getting back into his phone.

Ved looked at him with anger yet again and before he could speak anything I thought it will be best if I intervened a little.

"3 hours, Laksh." I corrected, "Out of which 1 went into traffic and another half went at my house."

Laksh gave me a known smile and I gestured him to shut his mouth to which he let out a laugh shaking his head.

There was silence inside the car as no one spoke further.

"Fine. I'll tell you the way." I said finally breaking it.

"I'm starting the map as well," Laksh finally offered some help, "Just calm the fuck down bro. It's his birthday." Laksh said gesturing at Parth. Parth was just looking outside of the window with a frown on his face.

"It's tomorrow apparently," Ved said without bothering his tone. I let out a sigh. "And stop taking his side over anything and everything." Ved said further with annoyance again, "I mean I can understand your love for him but please just point out when he is actually wrong."

"Well, I..." Parth was saying something but Laksh stopped him.

"Parth, you were," Laksh said, "You did tell him a little late."

"Yeah fine whatever. I'm just switching off the app." Parth said being pissed off.

"Go wherever you want to." He said throwing the mobile to side. I heard Laksh letting out a sigh.

"Zivah, don't worry," I looked at Laksh hearing him, "This is every day."

"Yeah, I sure was shocked to see two of the calmest people fight," I said genuinely looking at Ved.

"More precisely Parth," I said moving my gaze to him. Ved and Laksh let out a loud laugh jerking me a bit. Parth looked at them with annoyance.

"Don't please!" Ved said shaking his head.

"What's wrong?" I asked looking at Ved and then at Laksh in confusion.

"Oh, you have no idea about how he is," Laksh said gesturing towards Parth, "He might look calm and mature but... He is angriest amongst all."

"No ways!" I said giving a shocked expression.

"That's not true," Parth said in his defense with a frown.

"Sure," Laksh said rolling his eyes.

"Alright just tell me where to go?" Ved asked looking at Parth, "Or Parth would you like to drive with me giving you instructions?"

"That's a good idea actually," Laksh said.

"No thanks," Parth said.

"Why? Let me teach you how to read a map," Ved said in a challenging tone. Parth looked at him with irritation.

"I know how to read a map." He said sounding a little angry.

"Stop, stop!" I said shouting, "Seriously."

Ved and Parth looked ahead at the road as no one said anything. I looked at Laksh who was containing his laughter.

"Let me drive," I said. Ved and Parth tilted their head to look back at me.

"Let me." I said, "It's better than reading a map for you."

"Excuse me?" Ved said adjusting in his seat to have a better view of me.

"Are you implying, Zivah..." Laksh opened his mouth but I didn't let him speak any further.

"I'm not implying anything, Laksh," I said giving him a look.

"I just fear of us getting lost if I lose to tell him the correct road," I said looking at Ved.

"I don't trust myself much with that," I said giving a sheepish smile to them.

"That's your biggest problem," Ved said letting out a sigh and moving straight in the seat.

"Move out." He said looking at Parth. He rolled his eyes and unbuckled the seat belt as he got out of the car. I and Ved did the same.

We exchanged the seat in no time as I started the engine of the car with Ved on my side. He started the map and we were on the road in no time.

************

It wasn't a long way back to the farmhouse and yes, we did miss that turn Parth was shouting about.

Ved and Parth started chatting like nothing ever happened between them which I was glad for. Laksh's loud music was actually a big distraction but I didn't stretch that topic as I don't want anymore fight in this car.

I made some turns through the roads surrounded by trees on both sides. I don't know where we are neither I asked anyone. I pulled the break once I saw the gate those three boys were mentioning about sometime back.

Laksh got off the car and opened the gate for us to enter. I moved my leg from the break and moved the car inside. I saw two cars parked. One of them must be Rupath's and the other one must be of the other two boys.

The house looked elegant, painted in all white. I noticed some wall-sized windows with a sliding door. It had a huge lawn area where a couple of tables and a few chairs were kept.

I shut the engine and moved out, not before opening the trunk of the car.

"You drive too well, Zee," Laksh said smiling widely.

"Thanks," I said giving him a smile back.

"I have taken your bag, Zivah. Let's get inside." Ved said. I nodded at him.

I followed Parth, Laksh, and Ved inside the house.

The living room was spacious yet cozy. The walls were painted in white giving a classic look. The interior was so well done. I was instantly in love with it. The floor was of marble and the wall opposite to the comfortable sofa set had a large plasma TV with some family pictures of Rupath and few group pictures of the Heatstroke boys along with Ved were arranged around it in a perfect way. The end of the room had an attached staircase which leads to the top floor. The shelves under the staircase held some books and CDs and some more pictures. 

Renee and Rupath were already seated in the living room and gave me a warm hug as soon as they spotted me.

"Welcome, Zivah," Rupath said pulling away from the hug. I smiled widely at him.

"Your room will be upstairs along with Ved, Kunal, and Randhir's rooms," Renee said and I nodded at her.

"Parth and Laksh, you both will stay downstairs with us." Renee smiled looking at them. Parth nodded.

"As you say, ma'am," Laksh said giving a peck on Renee's hand. Renee giggled as she hit him lightly on side of his head.

"Come on now, go and freshen up!" She said clapping her hands and getting excited, "We have loads of stuff to do."

"Ved, I'm leaving her to you." She said further looking at Ved who nodded back at her.

"And dude, just go into your own room." Rupath said, "Don't keep mingling anywhere else."

All of the people other than me and Ved laughed out loud. Ved rolled his eyes while I contained my laugher.

"Don't worry. I know the way." Ved said giving a sarcastic smile to him.

I took my bag from Ved and followed him upstairs and the other four people were going to stay on the ground floor.

My room was last in the passage opposite to Ved. We crossed Randhir and Kunal's room on our way there.

I couldn't spot Kunal as he wasn't inside the room but Randhir greeted me with a big smile as always.

"Zivah, Ved you guys are here!" He said pulling away from the hug, "So I suppose birthday boy and his..." Randhir stopped abruptly looking past me at Ved.

I raised my eyebrows at him. He put a big smile again.

"I mean Laksh are here as well!" He said further.

"Yes, there are," I said nodding my head at him.

That's when a girl came out from behind him with a smile playing on her lips. I smiled back at her.

"Great!" Randhir said rubbing his hands and looked in the direction of the girl, "Anyway meet her."

"She is my girlfriend." He said getting a little shy. I chuckled looking at his cute face, "Mishka "

"Mishka, this is Zivah." He said introducing us further, "And this is Ved."

"Hi," I said and hugged her lightly. She returned the hug with the same big smile.

Ved just smiled at her and shook the hand.

"They have a kind of complicated relationship," Randhir said looking at us and then at Mishka with making a face.

"Randhir..." Ved said shaking his head. Randhir let out a laugh and so did Mishka. This time I didn't hold back and smiled along with them as well.

Ved looked at me to which I just shrugged my shoulders.

"I have already heard about all of you," Mishka said, "It's nice to meet in person."

"We didn't hear anything," Ved said giving plain expressions, "In fact, I got to know just now that he actually has a girlfriend."

I frowned looking at him but he was unaffected.

"That's because you aren't around most of the time," Randhir said looking at Ved and back at Mishka.

"Even then I knew about everyone else," Ved said refusing to let go of the topic. I let out a sigh.

"Everyone else?" Randhir asked with a frown, "Rupath and Renee have been dating for 3 years and then Laksh and Parth..." He stopped again and looked at me and then Ved. I looked at Ved who shook his head giving Randhir a look.

I wonder what it is. Does Parth have a girlfriend? Are we not allowed to speak about just like Mira?

"I mean I have been in a relationship for just about 6 -7 months now." He said defending himself further, "You were away."

"Dude, we spoke many a time over Skype where you just talked nonsense," Ved said further.

"Ved..." I said finally frowning at him, "What's gotten into you?"

Ved shrugged his shoulders but didn't say anything.

"You have been fighting with everyone today," I said holding his arm.

"I'm cool," Ved said making me roll my eyes.

"We'll see you in some time. Let us get freshen up. Renee has asked to come downstairs for preparations." I said looking at Randhir and Mishka and giving them an apologetic smile.

"Of course," Mishka said putting out her smile.

"Let's go," I said pushing Ved ahead as we made our way to our respective rooms.

************

We made two groups, one group will be looking at food and another one looking at other arrangements like decorations and barbecue, bonfire, etc whatever is needed.

I was obviously in the later group, considering my least experience in the food making department. I had Rupath, Kunal, Randhir, Laksh with me.

While another group had Renee, Ved, Mishka, and Sonia, who is Kunal's girlfriend apparently, in one group who were going to make the cake, and other food items for the night. Ved and three girls don't sound good but I don't have any choice here.

We gave Parth two choices, the first one, he has to stay locked in the room until we were finished with arrangements and another one was he has to get out of the whole premise and come back only after getting a call from us. So he chose the first one, staying in the room all day long. Life of an introvert, I tell you and I can totally relate. But anyone would have chosen that option in this case as basically all his friends are here, what is he gonna do going out.

Nevertheless, we got to the arrangements right away. We gathered outside the yard of the house. There was a marble floor covering some parts until the lawn started. There was a Mangalore tile rooftop covering the area of the marble floor.

I sat folding my legs on the ground. The boys sat nearby wherever they were comfortable.

"Who is taking the lead?" Kunal asked the group. "I suck at these things, you guys know." He said shrugging his shoulders. Randhir was out of the question which left us with three options Laksh, Rupath, and me.

"I vote for Zivah," Laksh said raising his hand with a smile.

"I guess that's the right thing to do," Rupath said nodding and looking at me.

I was shocked and nervous. How am I supposed to make arrangements?

"I agree with that as well." To my surprise, it was Kunal who looked back at me.

"Phew, I'm just glad no one pointed at me to be the leader." Randhir said as the three boys gave him 'are you even serious' looks.

That didn't bother him as he was in his own world.

"Umm...?" I asked being a little nervous putting my hair behind my ear as the two guys I'm the most comfortable with are not anywhere near.

"Guys, is this even a good idea?" I asked again looking at all of them one by one.

"It's the best!" Laksh said coming closer to me as he put his arm around me, "Come on, Zivah I don't want anything to get fucked up. It's Parth's birthday. Everything has to be best and I trust you with that." He said pouting at me.

I looked around at the other three who were looking with hope at me. I let out a sigh and nodded as all of them smiled.

"Alright, let's discuss first as to what are we going to do and then we can divide the work and start with preparations, okay?" I said as everyone nodded.

"Done," Kunal said.

"Cool," Rupath said with a smile. I smiled back.

"So what are you planning?" I asked looking at everyone.

"We have to set up a barbecue in the back yard. Some sitting arrangements need to be done." Rupath said.

"Tables and chairs," Randhir added.

"We can sit on the ground if that would be fine," I suggested.

"It should be best actually," Rupath said grinning looking at the group. They nodded in agreement.

"Yes, just go with it," Laksh said with a smile. I smiled feeling good. I'm actually of some use to these people.

"Then for that, we will be needing some mattresses, cushions maybe," Kunal said and we nodded.

"And let's add some razai or something," Randhir said. "We can set bonfire once we are done eating and stuff. Anyway, Parth would love that." He finished looking at us for some kind of response.

"Yup he will," Rupath said and we nodded giving a smile to Randhir. He looked proud which made me chuckle.

"Great then," Rupath said, "What's next?"

"We have to do some decorations as well," I said looking around the garden. Boys nodded following my gaze and looking back at me.

"See this is the sliding door and he can cut the cake here on this surface outside," I said pointing at the marble base. So even if some cake gets dropped or something we can just clean it as I don't want to ruin the lawn.

Boys nodded yet again listening to me curiously which kind of reminded me of my team back in New York. Shit, I miss this a lot.

I shrugged the thoughts off as I looked ahead at one old tree standing tall in this back yard.

"We can just put some light on that tree," I said pointing at it

"Alright lights as in those decorative lights, right?" Kunal asked and I nodded.

"Or we can go for small bulbs with that wire thing." Rupath said looking at us, "I guess I have them somewhere in the house as we used to decore with it during Diwali."

"Okay, anything will do just remember it should look good," I said.

"Of course," Rupath said nodding.

"Then as for this lawn, it would have been great if we have had more trees but nevertheless we can make use of these bushes and just add something to them," I said pointing at the bushes.

"Being creative," Laksh said being in his own thoughts.

"Yes exactly," I said, "Anything craft of papers or anything."

"Alright, let's just get the work done then," Laksh said sounding excited as he rubbed his hands. Everyone let out a chuckle.

"How are we going to do it?" Randhir asked looking at me.

"Umm..." I said looking at the boys, "Okay."

"Who is more creative?" I asked. Others looked at Rupath.

"I'm just good with songs, not the craft." He said shrugging his shoulders.

"I guess I can do it," Kunal said.

"Okay, then Kunal and I will be working on those lights and just making some decorations for the birthday night," I announced.

"Laksh, you can start setting the barbecue, and Kunal can help you out if anything?" I said to Laksh and looked at Kunal for approval. He let out a chuckle.

"Of course I will." He said nodding his head. I gave him a grateful smile.

"Okay," I said.

"Rupath and Randhir, you both can see the sitting arrangements and then bonfire," I said looking at them to which they nodded.

"It's 1 now so we will take the report about the progress every hour," I said. The boys looked at each other making me a little nervous again.

"Okay, ma'am!" They shouted looking back at me and burst into laughter. I joined them as well.

"Having an IT team lead is actually of help though," Laksh said winking at me.

"That's how things work." I said, just being proud of my job profile, "Everywhere."

"Yes ma'am!!" Randhir and Rupath shouted again saluting me. I, Laksh, and Kunal laughed.

"Okay get back to work," I said getting up from my seat, "Finish the work in hand, and then we will go ahead."

"Okay!" They said as everyone got to the work they were assigned.

************

"Zivah," Kunal called as I looked at him.

"What do you think of this?" He asked me showing me some party balls he got from somewhere.

"We can put these on those bushes and can also add some lights." He said looking at me for some reaction.

"That sounds cool." I said shaking my head, "We have those many lights right?"

"Yes, we have plenty of those things as basically these Kapoors just celebrate anything and everything here on this farmhouse." He said filling me with information. I listened carefully.

"Then we will be having much other stuff?" I asked. He nodded.

"Listen," Rupath said coming towards me. "I saw this floor table in the storeroom." He said.

"Storeroom?" I asked with surprise. That's unusual.

"Yes, we can put it out and have those mattresses around it with cushions and stuff right?" Rupath asked further. My face brightened.

"Of course!" I said nodding my head.

"Good, let's go Randhir." He said and vanished again.

"Kunal!" I called getting excited as a new idea popped in my head. "Can you search for some long sticks?" I asked. Kunal looked purely confused.

"Long sticks? For what?" He asked narrowing his eyes. I chuckled.

"We can drop that bush idea and instead put the lights around the table by using some sticks and strings?" I asked for his approval. His face lit up with a smile as he imagined the thing.

"That sounds better as the bushes are spread widely and it will be tough to get them decorated." He said further and I nodded.

"I'll search for some more stuff." He said nodding.

"In the meantime, just help out Laksh a bit." He said looking at Laksh who was struggling with something and was looking around for some help.

"I'll do that," I said getting up and making my way towards him.

"Guys!" We looked at the door to see Sonali shouting on top of her lungs so that all of us could hear, "I have the lunch arranged on the dining table, take it when you are hungry."

"Yes!" everyone shouted and got back to work without bothering to eat anything.

**********

We had a quick lunch in the backyard itself. Laksh went to have one with Parth as he said he will be alone.

Kunal brought a box of pizza for both of us and we ate that discussing how we will be arranging everything.

I never thought Kunal was this fun. His looks and his serious attitude are deceiving. I mean, he was such a calm and collected person and I totally misjudged him. I felt a little guilty for judging like that without even getting to know him. In fact, he was the sweetest amongst these boys, I must say. Throughout, he was so helpful and very creative. We ended up bonding so well in the past few hours and I felt like we had the same creative ideas. I could immediately pick up his idea and so did he. I had fun working on preparation with him.

After everyone was done with eating we got back to work again.

Barbecue was set after a lot of effort from everyone of us. Adjacent to which was arranged the floor table. Randhir and Rupath put the mattress and cushions surrounding it. I and Kunal got busy with placing the bamboo he found on terrace into the ground.

Laksh came to my rescue as it was an amazingly tough job. When bamboos were set at both of the ends of the table, we placed a string between them which bound them.

Kunal and Laksh stood on the table putting small bulbs decoration around the strings carefully.

Randhir and Rupath put one table beside the barbecue. I along with two of them placed dishes, bowls, spoons, knives, forks, and other necessary things on that table.

Laksh and Kunal got busy with putting other decorative lights on the big tree only on the side visible from the table.

Once everyone was done with the current work, we cleaned the table and put the tablecloth over it. We did some further decorations making it look a little attractive.

After some moments of struggle, everything was set. We sat on the ground looking around at the arrangements and we were contained and happy. We high-fived each other with pure joy. It was late evening already and about the time the celebrations should start.

"Let's go get changed. We have to meet again at around nine." Rupath said.

"Okay!" We said nodding at him as we got up and walked towards the room feeling tired.

**********

I chose a simple white dress today keeping it casual yet classy for a low-key birthday party.

I don't know why a world-known Rockstar would have a low-key birthday party as I have seen people throwing huge birthday bash and sending invitations to even people who they don't recognize.

I even have attended these kinds of birthday parties ever since my childhood where people like to show off their wealth. Why attend? I myself have had these birthday parties where I failed to recognize people who came to wish me putting a big smile on their faces. I never liked to be in the spotlight or being the center of attraction but I never had any choice with it.

I sat on the chair in front of a large mirror putting my makeup bag on the front table. I tied my hair in a bun.

It started by putting on my contact lenses. I'm not a big fan of those but do I have s choice? I love my specs more but with time I've grown comfortable with lenses as well as I have no choice but to wear them when my parents are making me attend some big parties or meetings.

Once that was done, I started applying the BB cream and concealer. I then applied the foundation gently putting on the little blush. I put on the eyeliner followed by Kajal. I finally applied lipstick completing my whole look.

I got into the dress carefully not to mess with anything. I missed Alizeh at the moment as I needed her badly to do my hair.

Nevertheless, I thought of keeping the hair open and started setting them with the best I can do for this look. Alizeh has already instructed me everything about what is needed to be done.

I looked at the final look in the mirror taking the side purse to put my mobile, face tissues, and earbuds to clean the Kajal or eyeliner if they go wrong.

I hope it's not too much and I prayed for other girls to be extra so it will make me feel better. Yup! I'm just like that.

I sat on the bed taking selfies to send them to Alizeh. I pressed the sent button, it got the blue ticks and I got a video call almost immediately. Everything happened in a fraction of seconds.

I pressed the green button putting the mobile in front of my face.

"Wow, Zee!!" Alizeh said as soon as her face was visible, "You finally learned to look sexy without my help."

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes as I went ahead with worried expressions, "Tell me if I'm looking okay."

"It's not looking extra, right?" I said again getting up and pressing the back camera button to show her my entire look, "I mean the makeup and all?"

"God, Ali. I don't want to end up looking like a joker." I said panicking a bit. Alizeh let out a chuckle.

"Relax, babe. If anything was off I would have told you right away." She said with a smile.

"You are looking gorgeous and sexy." She continued.

"Just put on the attitude and go out." She said mimicking and burst into laughter. "I will pray for Ved." She said before finishing as she winked at me. I rolled my eyes

"Shut up!" I said sighing a bit, "I miss you."

"I miss you too and trust me I wanted to be there more than anything. It's The Heatstroke's party dude that too a private party." Ali said being dramatic that she is, "But you know Ahil and his parents." She said shaking her head a bit. "They wanted me to meet their relatives." She said giving a boring expression.

"I'm having a feeling that you'll be getting married by the end of this year," I said narrowing my eyes.

"I feel that too." She said shrugging her shoulders.

"OMG!!!" I squeal in top of my lungs, "I can't wait, Ali."

"Just relax!" Alizeh said looking to the side with worry, "Don't shout. It's just my prediction. No one said anything." She finished in a low voice.

"Anyway go now," she said, "We will be having long night tomorrow giving and taking updates."

"Yes," I said nodding my head a bit.

"Yours will be still exciting. I'm meeting his relatives." Alizeh said yawning. "I hope they will be as cool as Ma and Pa." She said referring to Ahil's parent.

"Don't worry. You won't be meeting them much as they are distant relatives. Take a chill." I said cheering her up when I heard a knock on the door.

"Ready to go, Princess?" I heard Ved asked from outside the door.

"Let me see him," Alizeh said getting excited.

"Wait," I said getting up from my seat and going up to door opening it.

"So what you have to say, Mr. Kashyap?" Alizeh asked as soon as I put the camera on Ved.

"You are looking gorgeous as ever!" Ved said smirking at her. Alizeh let out a loud laugh.

I looked at Ved narrowing my eyes and he smiled looking back at me.

"Shut up, you brat," Alizeh shouted. "Someone is looking dashing though," Alizeh said giving an impressive look.

"Why didn't you meet me before?" She asked further. I rolled my eyes and talked before Ved could start his part.

"Because he was still in school struggling with a math problem when you lost your virginity," I said. Ved let out a laugh shaking his head.

"Don't get jealous. You know he'll choose me anytime over you." Alizeh said rolling her eyes. I gave her a sarcastic smile.

"Bye, Ali!" I said giving her a pressed smile, "Have a nice trip at your in-laws."

"Bye, Miss J!" She said and I cut the call.

I looked at Ved who was looking at me with amusement. I gave him a confused look and he shook his head.

"So, shall we?" He asked gesturing with his hand. I nodded nervously as Ved turned into his tracks.

"Ved," I said holding him and pulling back. Ved raised his eyebrows with confusion written all over his face.

"This is fine, right?" I asked pointing to my dress showing him, "I'm looking okay, right?"

Ved chuckled and moved again to face me. He put his hand around my waist as he pulled me closer to him. I could smell his cologne.

"You kidding me?" He said in a low voice, "You look beautiful." He finished kissing me gently on my cheek.

"Ved..." I whispered as he pulled back but his face was still closer to mine for me to feel his breaths hitting my face.

"What?" He asked chuckling, "There are still 10 mins to 9."

"We need to prepare," I said.

"I'm already done preparing and I missed you for the whole day." He said pulling me into a hug and kissing on my shoulder sending shivers down my spine.

"Fine," I said, "I'll spend the whole time with you but let this party finish."

"You can't back off, Chandra." He said pulling back and putting a big smile on his face.

"I won't." I said holding his arm, "Now let's get going."

*************

Ved and I came downstairs. Everyone was sitting in the living room waiting for everyone to gather so that we can finally take Parth out of the room.

Boys were all dressed casual yet a bit classy. And the ladies were all about elegance, classy and sexy. I was glad that I didn't overdo anything and fit in perfectly.

I'm was glad that we weren't the last one as Randhir and Kunal along with Mishka and Sonia came a little later than us.

Laksh went to bring Parth out as we made our way out in the garden.

"You guys have done an amazing job with decorations," Renee said giving us an impressed smile.

"Credit goes to Zivah," Kunal said putting a hand over my shoulder. I chuckled.

"That's not true. All of us did it together." I said looking at him and then at Renee who gave me a sweet smile again.

Rupath, Randhir along with Sonia and Mishka were already sitting around the table.

"Ved, what about the cake?" Renee asked.

"I have kept it safely. Don't worry." Ved said.

"There are still 3 hours," I said.

"Yes, let's eat till then," Kunal said giving a cheeky smile to Ved as he moved towards him. I let out a laugh and shook my head looking at them.

"Let the pre-birthday celebration start!!!" Ved shouted as everyone else cheered in response. I and Renee started laughing.

"At least, let the main guest come," Randhir said eating one kabab.

"I'm here bhukkads!" Parth announced coming through the sliding door, "Party is just an occasion so that you guys can eat in free no?"

"Oh, excuse me?!" Renee said frowning and keeping her hands over her hips, "We have prepared everything from scratch."

"What are you saying?" Parth said giving a shocked expression and looked at Laksh who nodded in response.

"Yes besides alcohol, everything is from Renee's kitchen," Kunal said.

"Actually it should be Ved's kitchen as most of the work is done by him," Renee said making a face. Ved gave her a sarcastic smile.

"I knew you are my real brother," Parth said going closer to Ved and hugging him tightly.

Parth moved away and looked around at arrangements with amusing and happy smiles. He looked back at us all unable to speak anything but just smiling widely.

"It looks amazing guys!" He said, "Who should I pat here?"

"You should thank Ved's Zivah," Randhir said putting his arm around my shoulder. I gave him a not so pleasant look. I heard people around laughing.

"Ohkay, the creative couple, huh?" Parth said giving us a smirk.

"We aren't a couple, Parth," Ved said. People whistled making us laugh finally. I looked at Ved who gave me a hopeless smile. I laugh looking at him and he shook his head.

"Okay fine. Whatever makes you happy, Ved." Laksh said pushing Parth ahead.

"Come on guys, let's eat!" Renee said clapping her hands and we made our way to the table.

It was a little uncomfortable for girls to sit on the ground with one-pieces and I cursed myself for not wearing my favorite clothes that's jeans and a loose t-shirt. But this was the outfit theme that we chose for the night. I should have thought it through when arranging this setup.

But that's fine. We girls managed. I sat beside Ved of course who was sitting beside Rupath. Renee sat on the other side of Rupath and I was accompanied by Laksh on my side with Parth in the middle of the table. The rest of the four people sat on the opposite side of the table.

Parth was still smiling wide looking around.

"Parth, should we start with the barbecue?" Sonia asked with a smile. Well, I can't say much about her or Mishka as I barely know them. I haven't even gotten a chance to talk to them freely and ask about them.

"Of course!" Parth said nodding his head.

"Let's go!" Randhir said excitedly getting up.

There were different kinds of fishes, prawns, chicken, pineapple, paneer, and potatoes kept for grilling on the barbeque.

We took the plates and started serving ourselves our favorite items. Laksh, Ved, and Rupath were filling the items as they were getting empty. Others were too busy eating and chatting.

"Zivah, what do you do?" Sonia asked while taking Paneer to her mouth.

"She is a business girl," Renee said winking at me. I chuckled nodding my head.

"Really?" She asked smiling and munching her food, "That's cool!"

"I am a doctor," Mishka said.

"That's great actually," Renee said, "So you are like... I mean."

"I just joined so I'm still in junior phase." She said shrugging her shoulders.

"Don't you guys get tired of studying?" Renee asked eating prawns, "It was too much for me."

We let out a laugh hearing her.

"Books become your best friend and studying them becomes love if your goal is set," Mishka said with a small smile as she looked at me. "Right, Zivah?" She asked further.

"Yes, I used to go into the library and read anything I find related to you know computers and stuff." I said letting out a laugh, "I liked it."

Renee gave me a horrified expression and the other two smiled it off.

"Wow, you must really like working in company," Sonia said.

"Yes I do honestly and I can't wait to get back," I said honestly.

"Get back?" Mishka asked.

"She is in India for a short holiday. She lives in New York." Renee completed it for me.

"Oh okay." She said.

"What about you, Sonia?" I asked.

"I work with NGO and I'm also a journalist." Sonia said, "I actually used to study with Ved."

"Oh, so that's how you met Kunal?" I asked raising my eyebrows.

"Not exactly." She said eating fish, "I interviewed these Heatstroke boys some years back and we got along pretty well. I met Ved again through Kunal actually." She finished with a smile. I nodded at her with a smile

"But yes, I'm glad I did as I want to get out of holding mike just to interview people." She said making a face which made us chuckle.

"I want to try out something different." She said further, "Something for me."

"Ved is of any help?" I asked again. Sonia nodded at me.

"Oh, he is of so much help!" She said, "I'll be going with him to Antarctica next month."

"But you don't have to get jealous," Renee said. I shook my head letting out a sigh. What's up with these people? I don't always get jealous. Sonia is dating Kunal who is a buddy of Ved so obviously there is no need to... What am I thinking?

"Of course not yaar," Sonia said giving me a smile.

Mishka and Renee left to bring out some more items as their plate got empty. I stayed with Sonia. I actually liked her company more than Mishka.

She is simple and ambitious, the qualities which attract me most to people. As for Mishka, she is good but I felt something off with her. I don't know what exactly but she came off as a bit show off to me. Again I might be wrong. I'm just getting to know them.

"So you and Ved..." Sonia started but I cut her off.

"Are not together." I finished the sentence for her.

"Why not?" She asked cocking her eyebrows, "You two look cute."

"Because they think that they are way different from each other and have a different set of goals." Kunal came and held Sonia from the back.

"What?" Sonia asked with surprise, "That's bullshit, Zivah."

"We are different as well." She said. I looked at Ved who was laughing with Laksh, Parth, and Rupath. I smiled a little.

"Yes, I mean she is going with Ved next month and I'll be here performing in concerts," Kunal said pecking on Sonia's forehead as she giggled.

"If we can then you both can as well." Kunal finished looking at me.

"Yes," Sonia said nodding.

"Well, it's..." I was saying when Kunal came for rescue.

"Don't think much, Zivah," he said, "Anyway what drinks should I bring for you ladies?"

"I will have my regular," Sonia said giving a sly smile to him. Kunal pecked on her forehead again and looked at me.

"I don't feel like drinking," I said.

"You sure?" He asked again and I nodded with a smile.

"I'll be right back, baby." He said to Sonia and went away.

"Alright people, the count down starts in half an hour and later barbecue will be turned off as we are short of items anyway," Rupath said making his voice louder.

"Just the barbecue for my birthday?" Parth asked in a complaining voice.

"Baby boy we have kept other items for actual birthday," Laksh said pulling his cheeks.

"Aww just look at you guys!" Renee said making a face. I chuckled.

The countdown started and they say it's just a start for the long night. We still have the main course coming in and the cake cutting ceremony. We have prepared bonfire and I can't wait to get this evening actually started.

__________________________

Authors Note✨

So that was all. An early update as the next part is continuation and we want to publish it like that as well.

Let us know in the comments what do you think about this one.

VOTE by pressing that ⭐

Zivah will be back soon with another chapter this Friday.

Till then, bye.

Loads of love... ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4K 736 35
My feet stopped in the corridor suddenly when those brown dark eyes met mine. I blinked my eyes rapidly and looked away. Anywhere and everywhere but...
34.5K 1.6K 43
Varia_nv's first book! Bollywood House❤️{Regular updates} on Wattpad. #1 in Valia (12-9-2019 - 15-10-2019!!)) #1 in Parineeti (8-01-19 until 6-02-19...
73.8K 3.5K 37
DISCLAIMER:-This story is not edited.Once I'm done with my other books then I will edit this book. "I will never accept this"She shout. "I hate you...
27.2K 1.6K 20
"Marry me" he said. she was hell shocked by his confession because no one will expect this from a complete stranger or she was thinking she heard so...