Never Again - Ruby Rose x Mal...

By Pie-inator

Due to a tragic incident that took place in Haven Academy, (Y/N) (L/N) was forced to move to Vale. After bein... More

Welcome To Vale
You Belong
First Impressions
Surpise
Dust Hike Brawl
Best Day Ever
Dread
Unfolded Past
Unfolded Past II
Forgiveness
Proposing for a Dance
Swaying Preparation
Swaying Preparation II
Dancing with Fire
Stocking Up
A Close Encounter
Down Under
Last Stand

Brace for Impact

1.1K 16 0
By Pie-inator

Ruby's POV

Everytime I make an attempt to get passed Torchwick, he just knocks me back down. His crony has Tria pinned, and she isn't looking too good either.

"Wow!" Torchwick laughed. "You are much more manageable without that oversized gardening tool of yours."

I have to help her, we need to get out of here. I get back up and charge at him, only for him to dodge my advance, making me stumble across the floor.

"Ruby!" I heard Wintria call out for me.

I see her struggling to get up, only for the White Fang member to step on her pinning her back to the ground.

"Oh man." Torchwick laughed once more. "You know, Perry, I really needed this."

His crony raised his thumb in agreement.

"But seriously." Roman aimed his cane at me. "How'd you two find this place?"

"Like we'd tell you!" Wintria growled.

"Feisty now, aren't we?"

The orange haired male went over to Tria and smacked his cane across her face, causing her to wince in pain.

Finally having enough, I growled and used my semblance to knock them both down and grab Wintria. We made a run for it.

"Almost at the exit!" I said still grabbing onto Wintria's hand.

Just as we were about to reach it, I felt my hood being pulled back. Wintria grabbed for my hand, but to no avail.

"I see you've got some tricks up your sleeve!" Torchwick yelled. "Let me make this clear; We're not through here yet."

Wintria gulped a huge amount of dust, as blades of ice began forming around her arms.

"Let her go!" she yelled. "Gah!"

A loud explosion happened above us, causing the ground to shake.

"Oh, what the..." Roman looked up. "Perry, if you and boys could take care of that? I still have unfinished business with these two."

The White Fang member nods and goes off to investigate the explosion, just as another one sounds.

"WHAT is going on here!?" Roman said clearly annoyed.

A third explosion occurred and multiple White Fang members come running around the corner, while some fire at what's probably causing the explosions.

"Sorry we're late!" a familiar ecstatic voice yelled through the smoke.

"Nope, you're just in time." Wintria smiled.

My team along with team HWPE and Dr. Oobleck made their way towards us, to Torchwick's annoyance.

"This is my chance." I whispered to myself.

I jump onto Roman's shoulders, pulled his hat over his eyes and flee towards my friends.

"Somebody, kill those two!" Torchwick commanded.

The White Fang Members around him began firing at us, as I began dodging between shots.

"Not if I kill you first!" (Y/N) yelled back and began firing charged beams towards the enemy.

Your POV 

White Fang members began firing at Ruby, while Wintria did her best to counter each shot thrown at her.

"Someone back her up, those ice blades aren't gonna last much longer!" I told my team.

"On it!" Etsuki teleported beside Wintria, grabbed her, and teleported right back to us.

I kept firing at the White Fang, only to be outgunned and was forced to take cover.

"I'm pinned, Ruby is still out there!" I yelled.

"I got it, cover me!" Yang launched herself using Ember Celica.

Doing as told, I provided enough covering fire for her to reach Ruby in time and send the White Fang flying. I sigh in relief and turned my attention to my badly beaten teammate.

"You holding up?" I asked concerned at her current state.

"Would've probably not lasted any longer if you guys didn't show up." she smiled meekly.

"Your face." Etsuki gently placed her hand on Wintria's cheek. "That orange haired bastard is gonna pay."

Team RWBY made their way to us, and I pulled Ruby into an embrace.

"I'm glad both of you are alright." I said hugging her tighter.

"I'm fine, I'm fine, But listen!" she said breaking off the hug. "I already told them what happened, but Torchwick has all kinds of weapons and robots down there."

"Apparently they got a hold of Atlas grade technology." Weiss added.

"Where are they located?" Blake asked in a serious tone.

"They're all loaded up in train cars." Ruby explained.

"Ahhhh, that's ridiculous." Dr. Oobleck intervened. "These tunnels are sealed, the tracks lead to a dead-end."

As if on queue, Roman spoke through the intercom telling the White Fang that they're leaving.

"Well," Yang spoke up. "It sounds like they're going somewhere."

"We should probably call for backup." Perseus suggested.

"Don't bother, there's no signal down here." I look at my scroll.

"So, what do we do?" Weiss asked.

"I believe we only have one option..." Dr. Oobleck fixed his glasses.

"We're stopping that train!" Ruby said determined.

We went after the train as it began picking up speed, with one big jump, we safely got on the last train car as we ran out of platforms to run on.

"I think one of them spotted us." Wintria said about strike. "I'll handle it-"

Dr. Oobleck smacked the White Fang member in the head with his weapon, instantly knocking him out. We follow his lead on top of the train.

"Hurry, children!" He took point. "We must get to the front and stop this train!"

"Um... Professor?" Weiss said in a worried tone.

"Doctor..." he corrected her.

"What's that?" she pointed down into a hatch.

Dr. Oobleck kneeled down to take a look.

"That my dear... appears to be a bomb." he casually answered.

We all flinch back from the hatch, except for the professor.

"We've got baddies!" Ruby pointed forward.

About a dozen White Fang members rushed onto the top of the train.

"Well, I didn't expect them to go-" Dr. Oobleck was cut off as the bomb began beeping. "-easy on us... Time to go!"

He quickly stood up, and we ran towards the next car.

"Blake!" Dr. Oobleck stopped her. "Detach the caboose, or it will kill us all!"

Without hesitation, Blake jumps down onto the connectors and gets ready to cut it, but as she does it came loose on its own.

"Huh?" she looks up at the professor.

"It decoupled itself!" Perseus added.

Dr. Oobleck just looked in shock, realizing what was happening.

"I guess he really doesn't want us on this train." Yang commented.

We follow Dr. Oobleck's gaze toward the detached train car, seeing it blow up.

"That's not good..." he commented on what we had just witnessed.

"You think!?" I answered terrified.

"Err, neither is this!" Ruby stood next to another open hatch.

"Another bomb!?" the professor asked in disbelief.

Dr. Oobleck looks around and runs to the next train car.

"No. No. No." he opens the hatch and looks in. "They all have bombs!"

The bomb underneath us began beeping, and we hear the car detach itself. We jumped over just before it separated too far.

"This doesn't make any sense!" Yang tried to process what's happening.

"Are they purposefully trying to kill everyone on this train!?" Wintria asked as well.

White Fang members can be seen climbing the train again.

"Get the humans!" one of them shout, as a bunch of them came running at us.

We began countering the incoming attack, as there must be over twenty of them.

"Doctor, what's wrong?" Etsuki asked him.

The detached cart explodes, only this time creating a large hole in the subway's wall.

"Oh dear..." Dr. Oobleck said concerned.

Grimm began pouring into the tunnel towards the runaway train.

"He's leading Grimm to the city!" Wintria bursted out.

"What?" Weiss said not processing what she had said.

"It's the cars!" Dr. Oobleck explained. "They detach and explode, creating an opening for the Grimm!"

"That's insane!" Blake couldn't believe what was happening.

"We have to hurry!" Dr. Oobleck pointed at Weiss, Blake, Yang, Etsuki and Perseus. "We're splitting in half, you five go below and try to stop those bombs!"

"What about the rest of us?" Ruby asked.

"We're going to stop this train." Dr. Oobleck said in a serious tone.

"Yeah, I know." Ruby said a bit annoyed. "I said that earlier."

Both groups move forward as the train continues towards its destination.

"So how exactly, are we going to stop this train?" I asked the professor.

"We have to somehow find a way to slow it down." Dr. Oobleck suggested.

"This train is probably moving over 50 miles per hour, we're going to need a big blockage." Wintria responded.

"We've got company." Ruby readied Crescent Rose.

Multiple Atlesian Paladin's began heading towards us.

"It appears so." Dr. Oobleck took a sip from his thermos before transforming it into its weapon mode. A small flame began to burn at its tip.

"Doctor, you should really stop drinking out of that..." I sweat dropped.

We all took our stance, preparing for the oncoming onslaught. Wintria created a mounted ice gun and began firing towards the Atlesian Paladin's. Zwei barks and flips in the air, as Oobleck bats him. Turning him into a small fireball.

"How does that even..." I tried to process what just had happened.

"Don't think about it too much, (N/N)" Ruby nudged me. "We have foot soldiers coming out of the sides.

I simply nodded and placed a white dust container into (W/N) and the highlights began to glow white. I charged towards a white Fang Member and dodged his incoming attack. I charged my gauntlet and punched at his general direction, creating a shockwave of air, pushing him off the cart.

"Whoa, that's so cool!" Ruby said in awe. "When did you get wind dust?"

"We went shopping a day before we were deployed." I grinned.

"And you were reluctant at first!" I hear Wintria scream behind us.

"Heads up, children!" Dr. Oobleck yelled as we saw a flaming Altesian Paladin fly over us onto the tracks.

It felt like forever as we held back the waves of White Fang and robots. Eventually, only the paladin's began emerging. I grab for another dust container, only to realize that I was burning through them quickly.

"I'm running low!" I told them. "How many huge ass robots can this train hold!?"

I dodge the Paladin's swipes and knock it back with an air propulsion punch. Dr. Oobleck then runs to the top of its head, while Wintria provided some covering fire. He then shoots the engine before jumping back down. Ruby twirls Crescent Rose and aims for the Paladin's feet. We all follow suit and sent it off the train.

"You three, go on ahead!" Dr. Oobleck ordered us.

"But-" Ruby was cut off by the professor.

"Don't worry, children. It's time... I teach them a lesson."

Dr. Oobleck's demeanor changed into a serious one, as he took on two oncoming Paladins. We notice Zwei with a saddened look. Ruby smiles and motioned Zwei for him to go join his new friend.

"That's one bad ass dog." I praised the canine.

"We better get moving." Ruby said, and we followed.

The rest of team RWBY, along with Etsuki and Perseus, reemerge from the train cars and joined us.

"You two alright? You look badly beat." I assessed their current state.

"That White Fang Lieutenant was huge." Perseus responded. "But it was nothing Weiss and I couldn't handle."

He looked over to Weiss, and received a thumbs up from the Ice Queen.

"I'm not sure how we won, but there was this creepy small girl with an umbrella." Etsuki told her story. "The weird thing about her was that she shattered like glass before knocking Yang and I out. When we came back to our senses, she was gone."

"We still have a problem." Ruby spoke up.

There was a concrete wall a few meters away from our position.

Wintria and Weiss smile at each other as they form an ice shield to protect us. We braced for impact as a loud explosion could be heard from the outside.

"The shield won't hold!" Weiss said in panic.

I activated my semblance to try and minimize the impact. It worked for the most part, until we got flung off the train.

Ruby's POV

An alarm was blaring, as my vision came back. We were in the middle of a plaza. I turn my head to the right, Blake and Yang slowly got back up. I turn my head to the left to see Weiss sitting up against a large piece of debris, she gave a thumbs up signalling that she was okay. I sit up and look behind me to see Etsuki helping Wintria, while Perseus was frantically moving large debris aside.

"Oh, no..." realizing what Perseus was doing. "(Y/N)!"

We rush to help Perseus clear the debris, only for it to begin rumbling and slowly lift up as (Y/N) was crawling out from underneath. We quickly pull him out and the debris fell back onto the ground.

"You alright?" Perseus asked.

(Y/N) then assessed himself and nodded.

"Yeah, I'm still in one piece." he joked.

I couldn't help but smile, but it eventually faded after hearing the screams of civilians around us.

"That doesn't look good." Etsuki motioned at the giant King Taijitu emerging from the hole, along with multiple Grimm as they began pouring into Vale.

All we could do was watch in horror.

"Looks like the fight isn't over yet."

We all look at (Y/N) dusting himself off. His gauntlet began to glow orange as flames emit from his palm.

I began feeling determined as well, and stood stood beside him.

"We can't let the Grimm take over the city." I said readying Crescent Rose. "Let's do this."

=========================================================================

A/N: So um, this was way long overdue. So what happened? I won't go too much into detail. But it involves negative things happening and it took a toll on me. Took me a while, but I eventually got passed it. So I'm back doing the things I enjoy doing, and I was able to finish this chapter. For those who somehow stayed, I hoped you enjoyed, and you can expect the next chapter coming up soon!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.4K 728 42
Jaune Arc and Ruby Rose are Beacon Academy students, both dealing with the loss of Pyrrha Nikos. After losing her to Cinder Fall, it's been hard for...
1.2K 20 28
Freyer Drakkon a young man left in the slums upon his birth gains the first ever full scholarship to the prestigious Beacon Academy. As he grows clos...
89K 897 19
Disclaimer: I dont own rwby. That is owned by rooster teeth. I also dont own iron man. He is owned by marvel support the original releases. A/n: What...
72K 749 5
After years of distance, you finally met up with an old friend in the halls of Beacon Academy for a new adventure and new friends. Disclaimer: I do n...