This Forsaken World

By ShawnApple

After suffering a world spread pandemic, world war three and finally a deadly virus that turns infected human... More

This Forsaken World Chapter 1
This Forsaken World Chapter 2
This Forsaken World Chapter 3
This Forsaken World Chapter 4
This Forsaken World Chapter 5
This Forsaken World Chapter 6
This Forsaken World Chapter 7
This Forsaken World Chapter 8
This Forsaken World Chapter 9
This Forsaken World Chapter 10
This Forsaken World Chapter 11
This Forsaken World Chapter 12
This Forsaken World Chapter 13
This Forsaken World Chapter 14
This Forsaken World Chapter 15
This Forsaken World Chapter 16
This Forsaken World Chapter 17
This Forsaken World Chapter 18
This Forsaken World Chapter 19
This Forsaken World Chapter 20
This Forsaken World Chapter 21
This Forsaken World Chapter 22
This Forsaken World Chapter 23
This Forsaken World Chapter 24
This Forsaken World Chapter 25
This Forsaken World Chapter 26
This Forsaken World Chapter 27
This Forsaken World Chapter 28
This Forsaken World Chapter 29
This Forsaken World Chapter 30
This Forsaken World Chapter 31
This Forsaken World Chapter 32
This Forsaken World Chapter 33
This Forsaken World Chapter 34
This Forsaken World Chapter 35
This Forsaken World Chapter 36
This Forsaken World Chapter 37
This Forsaken World Chapter 38
This Forsaken World Chapter 39
This Forsaken World Chapter 40
This Forsaken World Full (Unedited)

This Forsaken World Intro

132 2 0
By ShawnApple

Commander Devin Crowe

Flight Leader of the 22nd Fighter Squadron Codename, Reapers

Executive Officer of The A.M.S. Star, Fleet Carrier.

Member of the New Alliance Military.

May 13, Earth Date, 2054, Personal Log Entry.

I'm writing this log as a historical account of the events leading to the evacuation of the planet Earth. This log may not be accurate but I'm writing it through the view of myself and what I have learned. It is unclear if anyone will ever read this but I figure if we are to have a future generation, this will help them to understand exactly what happened to the human race and why we had to leave our homeworld.

My name is Devin Crowe, as of this writing I am the flight leader of the 22nd fighter squadron known as the Reapers. I'm posted as the executive officer aboard the Alliance Military Ship (A.MS.) Star, a fleet carrier-class starship. The ship is attached to the 1st Expeditionary Fleet commanded by Admiral Edward Burns. Originally the fleet consisted of eight ships, two carriers, a massive battleship, four destroyers and a medical/supply frigate for support. A dreadnought was designed to join the battle group as the leading capital ship, but it was never completed and during the evacuation of Earth it was left behind in dry dock. The fleet was constructed to explore the galaxy for a new homeworld to relocate humanity to, but before the mission could be launched, we were invaded and forced to leave early. I'll get to this shortly, for now, I'd like to recount the events at the beginning, so it is easier to understand. To do this, I must go back to the year 2019.

October 30th, 2019. Earth

Towards the end of 2019, a virus began to spread throughout the world. Initially, the casualty rate was low, fatalities only occurring in those with a weak immune system. After a brief period, however, the virus went airborne and the casualty rate increased significantly. Despite every effort by the medical community, the virus swept through the world at an alarming rate, forcing the world governments to start a quarantine and take measures to prevent the spread. This failed however as humans, despite being ordered to stay at home and keep at least six feet between themselves and others, congregated at retail stores, passing the virus among hundreds of people a day. This led to a mass influx of infected people and quarantine measures failed. The center for disease control (CDC) declared the virus 'The Consumer Virus', nicknamed the Con-V. They named the virus this due to the fact the majority of infected were consumers shopping at stores and contracting the virus through proximity to other shoppers. The world governments decided more extreme measures were required and began to deploy military forces in bio-containment suits to enforce the quarantine. Humans who were infected were euthanized in fire centers where they were incinerated and those who tried to hide were hunted down and killed. The virus was defeated after almost two years through these measures and the survivors breathed a sigh of relief...though the worst was yet to come.

June 19th, 2021. Earth

Two years after the Con-V virus wiped out over a third of the human population, resources were stretched thin and the surviving world powers initiated a war to claim what remained. The war, thought to be short-lived and mostly cold, with threats and declarations and little action, soon escalated and engulfed the world. World War 3 became the future for the Con-V survivors, and it seemed for a time that humanity would become extinct through there own efforts. This proved false however as in the year 2025, the world leaders gathered for a peace talk, the aftermath producing a new world order which was known as the 'New Alliance'.

August 4th, 2025. Earth

The New Alliance pooled its collected resources and developed the New Alliance Military, tasking this organization with creating a fleet of ships to explore the galaxy in order to relocate the human race to a fresh planet, the natural resources and surface of Earth now a hostile environment for human beings and what little animal life remained. It took 20 years to finish the first fleet, labeled as the 1st Expeditionary Fleet, and humanity celebrated its success and hopes for a brighter future. The new fleet was deployed into space in orbit around the planet as the New Alliance started production on a second. Civilian communities and organizations began to create ships of there own and soon the orbit around Earth was filled with numerous vessels ranging in size and shape. It was declared that only ships belonging to the New Alliance Military could carry any form of weaponry and Earth entered an era of peace and stability. Unfortunately, it seems that humanity is forever trapped in a cycle of death and destruction.

January 21st, 2051. Earth

At the start of the year 2051, a strange device of unknown origin entered the atmosphere and detonated, releasing a thick red cloud of smoke that covered roughly a quarter of the world. The smoke soon spread throughout the planet, seeking out the most heavily populated area's as though it had a mind of its own. Any animal or human who inhaled the smoke fell to the ground, hacking and coughing as the smoke-filled their bodies. It was recorded that after exactly five minutes, the infected body would reanimate from a deceased state and attack anything that was not infected within sight. The world collectively called these reanimated forms 'Zombies', taken from classic literature and entertainment. Fortunately for humanity, the formation of the New Alliance Military made it easier to combat the plague and it was brought under control through isolation. Non-infected humans were relocated to walled-off cities where the reanimated could not get to them and everyone felt as though the zombies would soon die off from lack of food. This was not to be however as scientists and medical staff learned the affliction could keep the hosts active for centuries without food, somehow keeping the muscle mass and structure of the infected strong and mobile, needing no nourishment to continue functioning. Things seemed to stabilize with the isolation measures and once again the New Alliance Military turned their efforts towards the construction of a second fleet. The need to escape from the doomed planet becoming a higher priority than ever before.

December 1st, 2052. Earth

As the second fleet was nearing its completion and a new dreadnought class capital ship was finishing production, a massive fleet of nearly one thousand ships entered orbit and began to lay siege to Earth. The small fleet of New Alliance Military ships was swiftly overwhelmed and despite a short but valiant battle, they were forced to leave the planet, retreating towards the planet Venus where a small space station had been under construction as a midway point for refueling ships. The 2nd Expeditionary Fleet attempted to take off from the planet to join the evacuation, but they were struck from orbit by devastating weaponry and completely obliterated. Every available civilian or corporate ship took to the stars and followed in the wake of the 1st Expeditionary fleet and regrouped in Venus Orbit. The battle for Earth's surface and orbit lasted roughly one year, the enemy ruthless in their destruction of any armed resistance. Late in the year 2053, any surviving human who had been captured on Earth's surface was enslaved.

September 20th, 2053, Earth

The invaders informed the survivors and the remnants of the New Alliance that they were a race of beings called 'The Nocturnals'. They were identified as Vampires by human literature and entertainment, being sensitive to sunlight, pale of skin with sharp teeth and blood-red eyes. They resembled humans in body and structure, though they were slender, very fast and had twice the strength of a healthy normal human. There clothing, ships, and weapons were all blood-red or black with razor spikes adorning their surface. The race was very aggressive and forced the surviving humans into two categories, slave labor, and food. It was discovered soon after the invasion that The Nocturnals required fresh blood as nourishment to survive, the history of the race to be similar to Locusts, moving from inhabited planet to planet, sucking the occupants dry of blood and moving on to the next. In the history of the species, they had consumed over 600 planets, enslaving the occupants of each planet to help repair or build more or their spaceships and equipment before moving on.

2053-2054, Space/Venus Orbit

The human race was brought to the brink of extinction once more as any functioning ship made a retreat across the solar system. Luckily, the creators of the new starships had discovered a fuel source that was recharged using solar power. The space station near Venus offering the chance to recharge using the proximity of the Sun. The Nocturnal Fleet waited for several months before pursuing the rag-tag fleet of ships led by the New Alliance Military 1st Expeditionary Fleet, destroying the Venus Space station. As of this writing, we have been fighting a hit and run the war against the enemy, striking to disable before fleeing once more to put distance between us. The surviving ships consist of nearly one hundred vessels but only eight-armed and combat capable military ships. My squadron alongside a bombing squadron known as the 12th Hammer Squad has been at the forefront of every engagement. It is the job of the A.M.S. Star to defend the retreat of the fleet...but for every ship we lose, we cannot replace. The Nocturnal fleet seems to be limitless and pursue us without mercy, their ships are faster, more heavily armed and armored and fight with such aggression we struggle to survive each engagement. I've lost count of how many friends I've lost in this war if you could call it a war. To anyone who is reading this, my hope is that I have provided you with a chance at a future by fighting this enemy and that the lives of those who have fought alongside me or died on the surface of Earth in such horrible ways, have given you a chance at something new. Do not let those who have died to be in vain, live...and bring hope to any survivors of this terrible conflict.

Commander Devin Crowe

End Log.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

732 175 25
This story is an outcome of a drastically declining future. When humanity was completely lost and there was no one left on Earth taking care for it o...
79 19 14
Hell is empty and all the devils are here Earth has been invaded by the demonic and humankind has been brought to its knees. It was beaten into me th...
57 2 3
Humans, Angels and Demons once co-existed in the same places. Living amongst each other much like they were next of kin. However, peace between them...
764 67 13
Imagine that the universe is not just a mass of swirling gases, blazing stars and giant spheres of rock. Instead, look at each Galaxy as a massive l...